Chapter 18

I'm Not Trolling When I Say I Love You

Chapter 18

 

-(Kyung Mi's POV)-

It was finally Friday afternoon and all of us were lounging in my living room. Strangely, Kai's been avoiding me and when we talked, it was only when there was no way he could avoid it. Even then, he'd give me extremely short answers. I thought we were friends, we were even getting along so well!

"We should seriously start working on our song for class. We have until next Wednesday to finish everything. What have we even done so far?" Chen asked.

"Uh, Sehun and I got one verse down. There's still a lot more to do," Kris shrugged.

"Lazy, you guys are lazy," Miyu teasingly grinned.

"You are too!" Sehun stuck his tongue out. 

"Let's get working then," I suggested.

"We haven't even done anything yet," Suho frowned.

"ers," Eun Hee laughed. We all stared at her quizzically.

"You do realize that you're in the same group as them?" Lay raised a brow. 

"Oh...right," she face palmed.

"Stupid," Yeon Hee mumbled next to me. 

"We already knew that she was stupid," Suho grinned.

"YAH! Kim Junmyeon, take that back! I'm actually very intelligent...I'm just to lazy to show it," Eun Hee glared.

"Nope, I'm not taking what I said back because it's true. Can you help us with the song now?" He asked.

"Only if you take it back," Eun Hee firmly stated.

"I'll take it back after you help," he considered.

"You better, I'm only helping this once," Eun Hee grumbled and sat up from her laying position on the couch. 

"Amazing, Suho was actually able to get Eun Hee to do something," Miyu mused. "Are you sure you don't like him, Eunnie?" 

"Shut the fudge up, Miyu. I don't like him," she grabbed a pillow and threw it at Miyu. 

"You're right, you don't like him. You looooveee him," I snorted. 

"You little-" 

"Seriously, would you all just stop arguing about stupid, nonsense things?! It's giving me a headache!" Kai snapped. We all stared at him astonished.

"H-he's right, guys," Luhan chimed in. "Miyu, Kai, let's go download the music program on your computer so we can create the background of the music. The rest of you just find some place where you can work without getting distracted."

"Kris hyung and I will go with you guys so you can get a good beat and rhythm that matches the mood and lyrics of the song. Kyung Mi, Chen hyung, and Baekhyun hyung, you guys should just wait for us to finish and then compose a melody that matches everything," Sehun spoke up. 

"I guess we'll just be with all of you then. And you guys go find something to do," I looked at the others who weren't in our group or in the class at all. 

"I'll come with you guys," Lay came over and wrapped an arm around my waist. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Kai looking in the opposite direction. What was wrong with him?

We walked upstairs and into mine and Miyu's shared room. Miyu and her group immediately jumped on her computer and started getting to work. Kris and Sehun sat on her bed, taking out a pen and their piece of paper with the lyrics they've already written on it. 

"Hey, can I see what you've written so far?" Chen went over and grabbed the piece of paper. He started reading off of it.

"The small fluttering of your wings seemed like it was telling me to follow you
The sad eyes and tacit stories in your heart that night in which the whirlwind was raging
I was mesmerized by the mysterious you and stared at you and had my one soul stolen
Because I am completely drunk at your movements, I even forgot how to breathe
Like a waltz, I sit lightly and can’t take my eyes off of you
My eyes naturally follow you every time you walk."
"Wow, that's pretty good so far," Baekhyun complimented.

"I know. We're amazing, you guys don't have to say anything," Kris smirked.

"Sehun...can you and I switch? I want to help with the lyrics," Kai suddenly spoke up. We stared at him in shock.
"What? But I don't want to," Sehun pouted. 
"Just do it maknae. Please?" Kai prodded. Sehun sighed before giving up.
"Fine. You owe me though," Sehun pouted. Kai rolled his eyes and flicked Sehun's forehead. 

"I don't owe you anything. I'm giving you a chance to work with your beloved Luhan hyung and Miyu. Be grateful you brat," Kai joked.

"Yah! But you're right, hehe," Sehun smiled cutely. I chuckled at his silliness.

"Why do you want to write lyrics all of a sudden, Kai?" Chen asked curiously. 

"B-because I just realized that it's too late anyways and this is the only way I can let it out," he answered mysteriously.

"What? The freak are you trying to say dude?" Baekhyun wrinkled his nose.

"Nothing," Kai sighed.

"We knew you were strange but we didn't know you were this strange," Kris muttered.

"Hyung, I'm rewriting all the lyrics again. I'll do it by myself and then you can edit it again later. I'm going somewhere more quiet so I can concentrate better," Kai said. Before Kris or anyone could protest, Kai left the room. 

"What's wrong with him?" Lay frowned. 

"I don't know. He's been acting weird since yesterday," Luhan shrugged.

"How are we supposed to create any music if we don't even know what the song is about? It'd be stupid if we made an upbeat, fun, dance song and Kai ends up writing some ballad song," Miyu asked.

"I guess you'll just have to wait for him then," I shrugged. "Is anyone hungry, because I'm starving."

"You're ALWAYS hungry," Miyu made a face. 

"So are you!" I grabbed a pillow from my bed and threw it in her face. 

"GAH! Why does everyone keep on throwing pillows at me today?!" She glared. 

"Because you're stupid, duh," Kris rolled his eyes. 

"Yah, you're dumber than me!" Miyu shouted.

Lay laughed. "You guys look. It's Dumb and Dumber." We all laughed except for Dumb and Dumber. Suddenly, my stomach made a loud, embarassing noise.

"If I'm supposed to be Dumb, and Kris is supposed to be Dumber...what's Kyung Mi?" Miyu raised a brow. 

"She's just a whole new level of dumb. So dumb that you can't even put it into words," Lay teased.

"Zhang Yixing, is that how you talk about your girlfriend, you jerk!" I kicked him off my bed. 

"Ooh, ooh you guys. Does that make me Smart?" Chen asked. 

"No, you're stupid for even asking that. Never in a million worlds would you be smart," Baekhyun stated. 

"Byun Bacon, you're dead."

"It's Baekhyun, idiot. You can't even say my name correctly," Baekhyun tsked.

"You guys, I'm hungry. I need food," I sighed. 

"Let's go out for dinner," Luhan said. 

"It's too early for dinner," Kris whacked Luhan's head. 

"FINE! Let's go to the mall then," he said. "Please? I really want to go," Luhan pleaded with a pout.

"Fine, I'll go tell Kai. You guys go down and let the rest know," Lay stood up and left the room.

-(Kai's POV)-

I went into D.O's room after leaving the girls' bedroom. I sat on his bed and shut my eyes tight, trying to forget everything for a second. It hurt. I know that there's no turning back, I've fallen too deeply for Kyung Mi and there's nothing that can change it. I can only wait for time to heal me. 

The only reason why I wanted to write the lyrics was because I just wanted to let out my feelings somehow. Writing lyrics was the only way I could think of. 

I stared down at the piece of paper with a few lines of lyrics on it. I crossed it out with the pencil and started writing. 

[Verse 1]
'I love you with all my heart,
But it hurts so much loving you
Knowing that you can't be mine now 
And never will be mine
It hurts too much
This pain, this horrible pain that won't go away
I can't take it anymore, keeping all these emotions inside of me
It's a bullet straight to my heart, and no one can take it out'

[Chorus]
'I watch as you're in another man's arms
Your face is always bright with happiness
Feeling bitter because I can't be that one man, 
I hope to confess my feelings for you through this song
I try to avoiding you, interacting with you less
But it pains me to stay away from you
So even if you can't return my feelings, 
even if you only see me as a friend,
Let me stay by your side, I can't bear a life without you'
[Verse 2]

'Your smile brightens my day no matter how down I may feel,
Your hair that falls softly down your shoulders, framing your perfect face,
Your melodic voice that I can't get enough of,
Your eyes that make me fall deeper every time I look at you
It's not fair, you have me wrapped around your finger, and I can't do anything about it
How do I cope with this love? It breaks me apart, and I can't do anything to stop it

[Chorus] 

'I watch as you're in another man's arms
Your face is always bright with happiness
Feeling bitter because I can't be that one man, 
I hope to confess my feelings for you through this song
I try to avoiding you, interacting with you less
But it pains me to stay away from you
So even if you can't return my feelings, 
even if you only see me as a friend,
Let me stay by your side, I can't bear a life without you'
[Bridge]
 
'What do I do?
I don't want to bear this heartbreak anymore
No matter if I stay by your side or if I leave, 
I'll be broken
I'm trapped by you with no way out
There's nothing I can do except surrender and suffer 
Love is so cruel, playing with a person in the cruelest ways
Once you're in, there's no way out
I shouldn't have fallen for you,
But it's too late now that I've realized it
I love you too deeply to fall out of love
 
[Chorus] 
'I watch as you're in another man's arms
Your face is always bright with happiness
Feeling bitter because I can't be that one man, 
I hope to confess my feelings for you through this song
I try to avoiding you, interacting with you less
But it pains me to stay away from you
So even if you can't return my feelings, 
even if you only see me as a friend,
Let me stay by your side, I can't bear a life without you'
Tears constantly streamed down my face as I wrote the lyrics. My hand kept writing with no pause, the words automatically forming in my mind. I reread them and let out a strained cry. I can't do this, I can't wallow in my own sorrow. It's Lay who's now with Kyung Mi, it's him who will take good care of Kyung Mi. He's like a brother to me, there's no way I could steal Kyung Mi away from him. I have to be strong, I must be happy for them. Lay has never been interested in girls and here he is, head over heels for the same girl I love. I was a tad too late in realizing my true feelings and this is my punishment. 
Someone knocked on the door and I quickly wiped my tears, turning away from the door. It opened and Lay's voice resonated in the room.
"Kai, we're going to mall. Want to come?" 
"N-nah. I think I'll just stay here and focus on the song. Hyung, did Miyu, Lu hyung, and Hunnie already download the program?" I asked him, voice shaking. 
"Yeah, they've been waiting for the lyrics you've written...are you okay? You sound...morbid," he worried.
"I'm fine. Go ahead and go, they're probably throwing tantrums at the moment," I attempted to sound more cheerful, it was obvious even to myself that my tone was way too cheerful. 

"Mm, arasso. If you need anything, make sure you call. You know we'll always be there for you when you need us," he insinuated that he knew I wasn't okay.

"I know, hyung. Stop worrying and go," I said. The door quietly closed and I sighed. With everyone gone, I might as well use this time and compose the rest of this song so that the others don't have to worry about it. 

So much for a fun Friday afternoon and evening. 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 NOOOOOO KAIIII!!!!!
I feel horrible for making him so sad and depressed. GAHHH
But it's okay, because I'll give him happy moments too!
He'll definitely get many moments with Kyung Mi in the future once happens. 
MWHAHAHAHAHHA I'm going to make all of you guys suffer within a few chapters. 
I'm so evil~
Oh and BTW, those lyrics that Kai was writing, I made them up. 
Thanks so much to all my subbies and commentors! I hope you continue to show your support by posting more comments and subscribe if you haven't already~ I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!
Peace out everyone!
OMGOMGOMG WAIITTTT
DID U GUYS HEAR ABOUT EXO'S NOVEMBER COMEBAEK!!! At first it was only a rumor but they just release today on MBC news that it's confirmed that EXO will be coming back in November. They called it EXO's November Counterattack!!! Although I'm excited and all, I really wish they gave the EXO boys more time to rest. Hopefully they aren't overworking them too much. 
BUT KDJFLASKDJFOIEWJF I CANT WAITTTTTT
Ohkai, I seriously need to go now. Bye guys!