Chapter 14

I'm Not Trolling When I Say I Love You

Chapter 14

 

-(Author's POV)-

It was just another normal Wednesday morning in school. As usual, as soon as the EXO boys walked in through the main doors, girls crowded around them, leaving them little space to escape. The males always stood aside, waiting for Kyung Mi and Miyu to enter through those same doors. 

As of right now, all the EXO boys were in the music room no one used anymore. There was 10 minutes left till the start of class and the girls still hadn't arrived at school. Among the EXO members, there was one boy who sat on the piano bench, thinking deeply to himself. There was yet another boy who sat in the corner, isolating him from the other loud derps.

Ever since that Saturday, all Zhang Yixing could think about was the kiss. The kiss, the kiss, the kiss. The way his lips felt on hers, her cuteness when shocked, and her flushed cheeks. The temptation to kiss her again was hard but he didn't want to freak her out. Plus, he wanted to get his feelings straight before confronting her again. He wanted to make sure that those butterflies he felt when she was around, that warm feeling he got whenever he saw her, that excited feeling he had everytime he heard her name was because he loves her. He wanted to make sure that the longing to see her was because he loves her. 

On the other hand, Kim Jongin sat in the corner of the music room, listening to his music, and being a loner. If it was any other day, he would've been teasing one of the other members and messing around. Yet, today was not just any other day for Kai. Today was the day the love of his life left him a year ago. He didn't feel like talking to anyone, didn't feel like doing anything, and just wanted to lock himself in his room all day. Although a year has passed by, Kai couldn't get over his childhood friend and girlfriend. No matter how much she had hurt him in the past, he couldn't forget her so easily. Not as easily as the girl was able to. 

'RRRRRIIIIIIIIINNNNGGGG'

The first bell rang, signaling students to start getting to their classes. Lay sighed and got up, walking towards the door. Just as he was about to exit, one of the other members called him. 

"Yah, Lay. What's gotten into you? You've been so quiet ever since this morning. We all understand Kai's situation but what about you? Are you feeling sick or something?" D.O asked worriedly. 'Yes, maybe I am sick. Love sick. I think I'm in love with your sister.'

"Ani. I'm fine," he smiled weakly. "I'll just head to class first," he said. Being him, Lay completely spaced out, in his own thoughts. Without watching where he was going. 

'OOFF'

"Yah, watch whe-" Lay looked up and his eyes widened in shock. The girl he bumped into stopped in the middle of her sentence when she saw who she had bumped into. 

"Yixing?!" "Kyung Mi?!" They shouted at the same time. 

"Oh, sorry. I wasn't watching where I was going," Lay sheepishly smiled. 

"Pft, dude. That's normal," Kyung Mi jokingly chuckled. "Eh, whatever. I gotta get to class. See ya!" Kyung Mi left Lay standing in the middle of the hallway, looking at her as she ran away.

"Do Kyung Mi...what have you done to me?"

 

(******~~~~~~~~~~******)

 

It was lunch time and Kai left his friends to go to the rooftop. He always came here when he felt depressed or just didn't want to talk to anyone. The nice breeze helped calm him down. There wasn't anyone who came up here either so it was one of the few places where he could actually get peace and quiet. 

Sitting down on the ground against a wall, Kai took out his earphones and phone. He slowly let himself get lost in the music. 

-(Kyung Mi's POV)-

"Mibunny, where are you going?" Eun Hee frowned.

"Oh? Up to the rooftop...I need some fresh air. It's been awhile since I've had any," I smiled weakly. Truth was, I needed room to think about what happened between Lay and I. When we bumped into each other this morning, I tried my best not to freak out and acted natural. 

"Hah. You just don't want to see Kris and Miyu, right?" Yeon Hee smirked. 

"No. There's nothing wrong with seeing them," I frowned.

"Dude, are you kidding? They might not be a real couple, but they sure act like one. Damn, they should take acting classes, they're good," Eun Hee said. Ever since we pushed Miyu and Kris out of the house on Saturday, they've been acting like a real couple. That made sense since it was a dare but even when they weren't acting like one, they were extremely friendly. It was like they were best friends or something. Like, HOW?! The two of them were like cat and dog when all of a sudden, they come back from the mall on Saturday acting the bestest of friends. 

The world is a complicated place. 

"What the heck are you talking about? They're DISGUSTING when they're acting all lovey-dovey and . It makes me want to puke," Eun Hee shivered. 

"You mean puke rainbows and unicorns?" Suho added. "We all know you wish you could do the same with your own boyfriend," he laughed.

"Ew. No. Shut up, grandpa," Eun Hee made a face.

"Aww, why? You know it's true. And I KNOW you wish that guy was me," he smirked.

"...What have you been dreaming about these days? I think you need to go to the mental hospital. You see, Kim Joonmyeon. The only plans I have in life are being lazy, playing extreme sports. Like bungee jumping and skydiving, you know? Also, I plan on sleeping and eating. Only. There's nothing in there that says 'falling in love ' or 'boyfriend'. So, go away and seriously stop dreaming. It's either you find another girl or be a loner for the rest of your life." Eun Hee rolled her eyes and went to sit down at the table the other guys were sitting at. 

"Did she really just say that?" Suho frowned.

"Yah, she did. But you can't blame her, it's true. We all know Eun Hee is incapable of falling in love. No one would love her anyway. Suho, I'm giving you this advice as a friend who truly cares for you. Go find a girl you can actually love before you develop any feelings for my sister. Trust me man. Loving Eun Hee is like digging your grave," Yeon Hee patted his shoulder and went to sit next to Chanyeol and started making fun of him. 

"Okay, well. I'll be on the rooftop. See ya!" I exited the cafeteria and made my way up the stairs to the rooftop.  As I walked up, I started humming the Smurf song. I opened the rooftop door to a gush of cool air. I smiled and took in a deep breath of fresh air. Walking over to the balustrade, I leaned against it with my arms crossed and eyes closed. If only it was always this peaceful. But then life would be dull and boring. 

"Do Kyung Mi, what are you doing here? And to think I could actually get some peace. But of course you always have to show up and ruin it," a familiar voice scoffed. I turned around and saw Kai leaning against a wall, earphones plugged in. 

"Psh, whatever," I frowned. "It's not like I knew you were up here anyways."

"I don't really care. Just shut up and let me rest in peace," Kai glared.

"Fine by me. I came up here to do the same. So as long as you leave me alone, I leave you alone," I shrugged.

"Fair enough," he mumbled quietly. After he shut up, I continued breathing in the fresh air, enjoying the quietness. I stared up at the blue sky with the shining sun and smiled. Winter would be coming in a few months and fall was already starting. Just a few more days and it would be the beginning of October. Days where the sun is shining like this with the perfect weather are getting rarer and rarer. 

"What are you doing up here anyway?" The peaceful quiet was broken by no other than Kai himself. 

"Why do you care? And I thought we wouldn't bother each other. You're bothering me right now," I gave him a look. 

"Fine. Just trying to be nice for once but since you don't seem to care, I'll stop trying," he grumbled.

"Wow, Kim Jongin trying to be nice? That's new," I teased. "And to answer your question, a lot’s been on my mind lately so I decided to come up here for lunch. You know how loud those derps can be."

"Good point," he nodded.

"Why are you trying to be so nice all of a sudden?" I gave him a questioning look.

"I don't know, I guess I'm just not in the mood to be mean," he closed his eyes. 

"Say, Lay was saying something about me reminding you of someone in your past. He said you didn't have good memories with the person. When I asked to know more, he wouldn't tell me anything else," I tried saying.

"...HE WHAT?! That son of a -Hole," Lay groaned.

"Uhhh, okay?" I replied. "So are you going to tell me what happened?" I sat down with a small distance between the two of us.

"What the hell? I decide being nice to you for a bit and then you try meddling in my business?" He raised a brow at me. 

"That's not my intention. Besides, I think I have a right to know. You are comparing me to that person so I should know what kind of person I'm being compared too," I smirked.

"True but it's my past," Kai retorted.

"Yah, just tell me! Besides, I don't get why you hate me so much dude. Just because I might remind you of that person in the past doesn't mean I'm like her at all. Don't judge a person based on appearance," I scolded.

"Ugh, you're not gonna leave me alone until I tell you, are you?" He groaned, exasperated.

"Nope. That's why you might as well tell me now with 15 minutes left of lunch. Otherwise, you'll have a tail for the next days until you spill the beans," I laughed.

"...Fine. It all started on this day a year ago. I had a girlfriend of 3 years and before that, she was my best friend since we were babies. I loved her with all my heart, I really did. Back then, I was like any of the other guys. Carefree, happy, living the life. During all those years, I never put up a cold front like I do now. I didn't have a reason to be cold to others. But everything changed last year. Being blinded by love like the stupid I was, I thought she loved me the same way I loved her. Maybe she did at one point. 

I had reserved dinner for the two of us at a really fancy Italian restaurant that night. She happily agreed to eat dinner there and I was planning on surprising her. I bought flowers, ordered the best entrees there, and for dessert, I got her favorite cake. After dating as a couple for three years, I wanted her to officially move in with my parents, older brother, and I. We had a big house in the states so there was plenty of room for her to stay with us. 

Normally, I never bother to wear anything nice but decided to dress up just once. I styled my hair nicely and wore a nice suit. Not wanting to risk being late, I decided to get to the restaurant early. She told me she'd get there herself and that I didn't have to bother with picking her up. Not suspecting anything, I happily drove to the restaurant. And did I mention that I reserved the whole entire restaurant for the two of us only?"

"Wait, wait, and wait. You did all this while you were 16?" I asked.

"Yeah. I had the money and everything and I loved her to the point where I'd do anything for her. Now shut up and just let me continue. Anyways, I got to the restaurant all hyped up and everything. I stepped inside the restaurant and walked towards our table. What I saw next made me freeze in my step. The was freaking making out with my brother. MY BROTHER OF ALL PEOPLE. At that moment, my heart broke in pieces and it was like the end of the world. Seeing your own brother kissing your girlfriend is one of the most heartbreaking moments a person has to go through. I started sobbing and they pulled away. My brother tried saying something but just shut his mouth. And you know what she said? She said, "I was only trying to get your brother. I stopped loving you a long time ago, Kai. Maybe I never loved you. You know what? We could've still been best friends if you hadn't ruined it and confessed to me 3 years ago. But you ruined it. And don't blame me if you suffer from a heartbreak. It's not my fault you fell for me." 

"Those were her exact words. It hurt. It hurt so much I ran out. I ran like my life depended on it. At the time, the rest of the boys would try to cheer me up but it didn't work. I was always sulking. D.O hyung always took care of me the best though. But then he moved back here. Eventually, months later, my brother started bringing her home. They showed affection in front of me like I was invisible. It was cruel, so so cruel. My parents didn't know the real story either. They thought I broke up with her and that she started spending more time with my brother because he was the one too console her. Bull. 

I couldn't stand being around them anymore so I decided to move here. The rest of the boys came with me. Partly because they didn't trust me by myself, thinking I would break down or something. Then there was also because they missed D.O hyung and got sick of the states. I started being mean and closed myself off to people ever since she broke up with me. The few people who get to see the real me are the guys. I'm slowly warming up to Miyu, Yeon Hee, and Eun Hee because they're obviously not your ordinary girls. But it's not like you are either. It's just the fact that you look a lot like my ex so I hated you right when I saw you." He finished.

"So judgmental," I joked. "But seriously." Kai only rolled his eyes. "You know, I'm glad you told me all this. It makes me understand you a little better."

"Yeah..." He muttered.

"What was her name?" I asked cautiously.

"Han Saemi."

"Kai?" I spoke up after a few moments of silence.

"What?"

"Can we be friends?" I looked hopefully at him. "Please? Then we could eat junk food together!" I grinned.

"The hell? You have everyone else to eat with," he frowned.

"Yeah but still. Having another person to eat junk food with wouldn't hurt," I gave him a pointed look.

"Fine, we'll be friends. Just don't annoy me too much," he released a small smile.

"Deal. And I'll make sure you forget about your retarded ex completely," I smiled. He shook his head but laughed.

"Whatever you say, Do Kyung Mi."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OMG. U GUYS, I FINALLY UPDATED.

I'M SO SORRY, IT'S JUST I'VE BEEN SO BUSY WITH SCHOOL AND EVERYTHING. 

High school is tougher than middle school a little. Aldkjfasdfjl.

Anyways, just in case you're confused. I'll explain a little. 

All of EXO used to live in the states for a few years. They know some English, but of course Kris knows all. Kai dated his girlfriend in the U.S. After his break up, D.O went back to Korea a few months after. Months after that, Kai and the rest moved there which is why they showed up in the beginning of the story and why Kyung Mi and Miyu didn't know them and stuff.

Well, time for me to eat dinner so Bai Bai!

I'll try updating ASAP~