Chapter 17

I'm Not Trolling When I Say I Love You

Chapter 17

 

-(Kyung Mi's POV)-

Lay and I walked towards the cafeteria, laughing at one of Lay's lame jokes. We spotted the others sitting at the usual lunch table. It's not hard to spot them; they're always so loud and hyper.

"I kind of don't want to go over there..." Lay sighed. "It's so noisy and I don't need noise right now."

"Aw, come on Laynicorn. There's not much of lunch period left. Besides, they're gonna wonder what happened to us," I smiled.

"We could just say we were in the library doing schoolwork," he muttered.

"Too late. Chen saw us and if we don't go over there, he'll troll you for the rest of your life," I laughed.

"Are you sure he doesn't already plan on doing that?" He asked.

"Good point," I chuckled. We walked over there and sat down. 

"Where were you guys?" Baekhyun asked.

"I was asking her about dance class," Lay quickly said.

"Really? Why would you ask her? You're probably much better at dancing than she is," Eun Hee asked.

"Why are you guys being so nosy?" I raised a brow at them.

"Aren't they always being nosy?" Yeon Hee rolled her eyes.

"You're nosy too," Miyu rolled her eyes. 

"Only when I'm not lazy or sleepy," Yeon Hee pointed out.

"Kyung Mi, wanna go for some bubble tea after school?" Kai asked. 

"Oh....uhhhh, I'm sorta busy after school," I smiled apologetically.

"Why? Where are you going? Does it have to do with Lay? Are you guys secretly dating? Are you planning something? TELL ME, TELL ME, TELL ME!!!" Miyu started shaking me violently. 

"CALM DOWN WOMAN. No! We're not secretly dating. We're not even dating...'yet'...and stop being nosy. It's annoying," I glared.

"Too bad. You're my best friend. You tell me EVERYTHINGGGGGGG," she got all close up in my face.

"And me too! I'm your bestest bestest bestest best friend who will always be there to troll you whether you want it or not, SO TELL MEEE!" Chen yelled from across me. 

"CAN YOU ALL STOP YELLING!" Lay groaned. "So noisy! And we're just going out for ice cream because I owe Kyung Mi. Calm down...and if you want to know a secret, I'll tell you when we get back from eating some ice cream. Just shut up until then."

"When did you become so demanding?" Suho raised an eyebrow.

"I'm not being demanding. I'm just asking you guys to shut up before I get a headache. I'm on the verge of getting one if you guys don't shut up soon as in now," he glared. 

"Whatever. See you guys later. I gotta get to the gym early today. See you later at Kyungsoo hyung's house," Tao waved and left the table. 

"There's only 5 minutes of lunch left. I'm just going to head to my locker before the next class starts," Luhan smiled.

"I'll go with you hyung," Sehun got up and left with Luhan.

"Sayyy, isn't it about time for KrisYu to go on a date again?" Xiumin smirked. 

"Haha, very funny Xiumin," Miyu shot him a look. 

"He's right. Couples go on dates, you guys haven't been on a real date yet except last Saturday," I pointed out. 

"Since Kyung Mi's busy with Lay later, you guys might as well go out," Eun Hee suggested. 

"Sure, why not?" Kris shrugged. We looked at him in surprise. 

"You're not going to object or anything?" Baekhyun asked.

"No. Why would I?" Kris looked at us weirdly. 

"Huh. Strange. He's agreeing to take her out on a date and acting as if it's the most normal thing on earth. What's wrong with you Kris?" D.O asked looking at Kris incredulously. 

"Even I'm shocked," Miyu rolled her eyes playfully.

"Yeonieee~ Let's go hang out too!" Chanyeol smiled at her, tugging on her arm.

"Ew no. I have better things to do," she made a face.

"Aw, come on. I'm bored after school," he pouted.

"What are you talking about? You can go hang out with the other guys."

"But they're all going to be at hyung's house anyway," he frowned. "I'll buy you all the food you want, so please?" He begged.

"Fine. But you do whatever I tell you to do and buy me whatever I want," she said.

"Deal." He smirked.

 

(******~~~~~~~~~~******) 

 

I stood by my locker, packing my textbooks and other things into my backpack before slamming my locker shut. I turned to Lay with an excited smile, him returning it. 

"Let's hurry and get some ice cream. I've been craving it the whole day!" I pulled his arm and led the way out the school doors. He laughed and pulled me back so that we were walking side by side at a normal walking pace.

"Don't you already eat ice cream and other junk foods everyday?" He chuckled.

"Yeah, but I still crave for some ice cream especially since you'll be treating!" I replied. We were walking on the sidewalk when someone suddenly stopped in front of me. 

"Kyung Mi-sshi," the guy called out. I looked at his face, waiting expectantly for his next words.

"I've seen you around school a lot and I guess you could say I'm one of your secret admirers," he winked at me. Ew, that was greasy. "Will you go out with me?" He smiled.

"Are you expecting her to say yes?" Lay spoke up. His voice was cold and harsh. I didn't know Mr. Laynicorn could sound like that. 

"Well, yeah. I know she rejected everyone who asked her out, but I'm confident," the guy raised an eyebrow at him. "Who are you anyway? You don't have a right to be interrupting our conversation here.

"First of all, you guys aren't having a conversation at all. You've been talking and she's been standing here listening. Second of all, you're wrong. She didn't reject everyone who asked her out. Least but not last, you're interrupting our date and if you don't get out of my face right now, I'll make your face even uglier than it already is. And if you dare make a move on MY girlfriend one more time, I'll get the whole gang to go after you," Lay dragged me away after his...scary speech.

"What was that?" I turned to him, shocked.

"What was what?" He avoided eye contact, evading my question.

"You know what I'm talking about. I had no idea Zhang Yixing could be so tough," I shook my head, amused.

"Hey, I'm still a man you know. A man who doesn't like other guys hitting on his girl," he grinned cutely.

"Since when was I your girl?" I asked.

"Since our date began after school. Now hurry up, I thought you were craving ice cream," he quickly dismissed the topic and started walking. I definitely didn't fail to notice how he was holding my hand the whole way there. 

Once we got inside the little ice cream shop, we headed to the counter. "I already know what I want," I told Lay. 

"Me too," he smiled. "I'll order for both of us." I told him I wanted Cookies N' Cream. He turned towards the young cashier and smiled, "Can I get a Cookies N' Cream and a Mocha Almond Fudge, please?" The girl looked at him dazed.

"S-sure. Would you like anything else?" She batted her eyelashes at him.

"No thanks," he shook his head.

"Ah, okay," she muttered, I can tell she didn't even notice how I was next to Lay, even though I was glaring at her and muttering stuff under my breath. She looked up and saw me, like wow. 

"Miss, are you okay? You're kind of...glaring at something," she looked at me weirdly.

"Yeah, you're right. I am glaring at something. And that thing is you," I growled.

"What?" She gave me a dumbfounded look.

"Eh..hehe. This is awkward," Lay mumbled under his breath.

"I'm glaring at you because I want my god dang ice cream and all you're doing is standing here trying to flirt with my boyfriend while failing miserably because now you just look like a stupid who doesn't know how to do her job. So where's my ice cream?" I squinted my eyes at her. 

"At least I'm not a pig and I'm prettier than you," she said quietly but I still managed to hear. 

"Give me my ice cream now. Before I get you fired and throw you in the dumpster where you belong," I snickered. Embarrassed, she quickly gave us the ice cream and glared at me one last time before serving the next customer. Lay and I sat down at an empty booth and I ate my ice cream happily while Lay just stared at me. 

"Do Kyung Mi. What was that? You just caused her to be embarrassed for nothing," he scolded.

"WHAT?! For nothing? She was flirting with you!" I shouted.

"No she wasn't," he frowned.

"Oh my freaking cake," I face palmed. "She was totally flirting! And she deserved it," I continued eating my ice cream.

"Oh my freaking cake? What the heck?" He blinked at me.

"I worship cake. Shut up," I stuck my tongue out at him. 

"Were you jealous?" He smirked.

"...No," I hesitated. "I just wanted my ice cream."

"Whatever. You were totally jealous," he laughed.

"NO I wasn't!" I kicked his leg and slightly pouted. 

"Hey, don't do that," he gave me a look. 

"Huh? Do what? What did I do?" I gave him a strange look.

"Don't act like you don't know," he sighed.

"Oh, you mean kick you? But you deserved it!" I stuck my tongue out at him again. "Loser."

"I'm not a loser and that's not what I meant. I meant don't pout...do it again and I'll kiss you," he gave me a meaningful look.

"Ohhh. ert," I smiled.

"What?! How is that erted?" He looked at me, disbelieving.

"Because you want to ki-" I was cut off by his soft lips. My eyes widened and I quickly pushed him away, his face painted with a smirk. 

"WHAT THE FUDGE?! We're in public," I hissed. 

"So?" He his ice cream, smiling at me innocently. I narrowed my eyes at him but decided to ignore him and finish my ice cream.

"I guess we're walking back to your house after this," Lay spoke up.

"Why?" I gave him a puzzled look.

"We walked here and we can't go back to school and get my car or anything because I carpooled with Suho hyung this morning. Us guys always carpool with each other," he shrugged.

"I see. Eh, walking's good so why not?" I nonchalantly said, shoving the last bit of ice cream and cone into my mouth. "Kaja!" Lay stood up and grabbed my hand, leading me through the door. We walked towards my house. The good thing was my house wasn't far from here. It's probably about a 10-15 minute walk. The ice cream shop was near the school which is near my house. 

"What time is it?" I asked.

"3:47," Lay answered. It's been a while since school ended. School ends at 2:30 and we left for our little date after that. 

"I wonder if Kris and Miyu are still on their "date"," I chuckled.

"I'd love to stalk them someday," Lay laughed. 

As soon as we got to my house, we went in to find Luhan, Xiumin, Tao, Chanyeol, and Baekhyun playing on the Xbox while shouting at each other. Chen was messing with Xiumin and Baekhyun and D.O was trying to get everyone to stop. Eun Hee was watching everyone, laughing. Yeon Hee was sprawled out on the ground sleeping. Kai sat while face palming himself once in a while. Sehun was cheering Luhan on while bashing the other guys and Suho was trying to help D.O but they were failing. All in all, the living room was a mess.

"EVERYONE SHUT UP!" Lay yelled. They all turned to the two of us. 

"Y-your hands. Why are you guys holding hands?" Sehun asked, eyes wide. I looked down at my hands and groaned internally. We forgot to unlink our hands.

Kai looked up and I saw his eyes widen momentarily but then his face returned to an expressionless one. 

"We're dating as of today," Lay smiled. 

"WHAT?!" Kai blurted out. "Is that true, Kyung Mi?" He turned to me.

"Y-yeah," I smiled unsurely. Kai stood frozen for a second before he spoke again.

"T-that's surprising. Who would've thought that you would ever find a boyfriend?" He smiled wanly and sat down again, staring off into space. Something's wrong with him.

"Are Kris and Miyu still on their date?" Lay asked.

"No. They're in your guys' room," Luhan said. "And congrats, I knew this would happen."

"Now I just need to get Yeon Hee to like me and it's all good," Chanyeol smirked.

"HAH! That's funny, Yeon Hee wouldn't ever like you. She won't ever like anyone," Eun Hee snickered. 

"Wait, Kris and Miyu are in the room alone?" I asked. They all nodded and then froze. 

"THEY'RE IN A ROOM. ALONE," Baekhyun panicked. "Oh no, oh no. What if he does something! LET'S GET UP THERE!" Baekhyun charged up there. We all followed him except for Kai and Yeon Hee. We stood by the door, trying to eavesdrop. 

"No, no, no! Not there, Kris!" Miyu's voice yelled.

"I'm sorry! Be quiet and stop making loud noises," he groaned. 

"W-what's happening?" D.O asked with even wider eyes than normal. 

"I'M OPENING THIS DOOR." Suho shoved the door open. Kris and Miyu were on her bed playing some game on the Wii. It was a Mario game. 

"You missed it! Now we have to play this round over because you couldn't get the last big coin! You butthead!" She kicked him off the bed, him landing with a thump. They didn't notice us standing there like es until a few seconds later.

"What are you guys doing?" Kris sat up, looking at us weirdly.

"Nothing. Nothing at all. Continue what you were doing," Luhan cleared his throat awkwardly.

"Yeah, just don't touch Miyu. I'll kill you hyung," Sehun glared. 

"I can touch her if I want!" Kris retorted.

"JUST TRY IT AND I'LL MURDER YOU!" Chanyeol crossed his arms and pointed his chin upwards.

"Sheesh, calm down," Miyu muttered.

"Hey, hey guess what?" Tao jumped onto the bed next to Miyu and nudged on her arm. He whispered something into her ear. 

"NO WAY. OMG. LAYMI. LAYMI. LAYMI. YOU GUYS ARE DATING?" She started jumping up and down on her bed. 

"Calm down, god," Xiumin said. 

"Like that will ever happen. 's about to get real," Eun Hee plopped down onto my bed. 

-(Kai's POV)-

No. No. No. This cannot be happening.

But it hurts. I pretended that it didn't but it really hurts. Why, why, why? I lay on the couch and listen as Miyu freaks out when she finds out that Lay and Kyung Mi are an item. 

Everyone's happy but me. Why do I feel like this. The moment Lay hyung announced his relationship with Kyung Mi, it was like everything came crashing down on me. My heart squeezed in pain. I don't want to admit it but I think I may have a thing for Kyung Mi. It's not love, I'm sure. It's not like either. It's something in between. I-I need to distance myself from her. I can't let this thing turn into love because then it will hurt 100 times worse. And I don't want to go through that pain again. 

It seems like I'll have to start being cold to Kyung Mi again. I don't want to, but I have no choice. I can't hurt myself, and I can't hurt Lay hyung. If he ever finds out I even had a thing for Kyung Mi, it would destroy him. It would destroy me. And it would destroy Kyung Mi. 

I refuse to let this happen. So forgive me, Kyung Mi. I guess I'll be back to my cold self in front of you again. 

It's better for all three of us that way.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey you guys!!! I updated, yay!

WHO SHIPS LAYMI? I SHIP THEM BUT THEN I SHIP KAIMI TOO. OMFG.

Don't kill me please, I don't want to make Kai heartbroken for the second time but for now, it's gonna have to seem that way. 

But who knows, maybe Lay will be the heartbroken one. Or maybe one of them will die. Or Kyung Mi will die. Or she'll like someone else. 

LOLOLOL you'll just have to keep reading to find out what happens. 

Oh, and don't think KrisYu will just be a happily ever after couple either. They'll have drama problems because let's face it, what good is a story if the couples don't face any problems at all? Hehehe, I'm so evilllllll.

But on another note, I MADE A NEW SEHUN STORY OMG. THIS IS NOT OKAY. I HAVE THIS STORY TO UPDATE AND THEN I HAVE OUR FATE IS IN YOUR HANDS TO UPDATE. BUT THE IDEA JUST POPPED IN MY HEAD AND I COULDN'T WAIT TO WRITE IT SO I CREATED THE STORY AND I HOPE I DON'T REGRET DOING THAT. 

BUT THE THING IS, ANOTHER IDEA POPPED INTO MY HEAD, AND THIS TIME LUHAN WOULD BE THE MALE LEAD BECAUSE THE PLOT JUST FITS HIM AND OMFGGGGGGGG. MY HEAD KEEPS MAKING IDEAS AND I JUST CAN'TTT.

LOOOOOOOOOOL. OK. I'LL POST THE LINK TO THE SEHUN STORY ON A SEPERATE CHAPTER SO YOU GUYS CAN CHECK IT OUT IF YOU WANT. TEEHEE

SO MANY THINGS EXO HAVE BEEN DOING AND I CAN'T BECAUSE ALL MY EXO FEELS OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

I DIDN'T UPDATE LATELY BECAUSE I WAS PARTIALLY DISTRACTED BY EXO AND ALSO BECAUSE OF OTHER THINGS LIKE MY LIFE. OMG I NEED TO CALMMMMMMM

ok bye guies why am i so weird /cries/

-2pmfan4ever