Chapter 24

I'm Not Trolling When I Say I Love You

Chapter 24

 

-(Miyu's POV)-

"Hey, hey. Wake up. Wakie uppieeee."

"Nggghhh. Get away from my cake," I groaned and buried my face into my pillow. 

"No one's touching your cake. Hurry and get up. Everyone else is already awake," Chen pestered. 

"Who cares," I grumbled and refused to climb out of bed. 

"You have left me with no choice," Chen sighed dramatically. 

"OHMAIGAWD. MIYU, GET OFF YOU'RE GOING TO DIE. DON'T DO IT!!!" He screamed at the top of his lungs. 

"CHEN, WHAT THE HELL--" I started but he ran out into the hallway and continued his nonsense. 

"YOU GUYS. HURRY AND COME UP HERE. MIYU IS KILLING HERSELF. SHE WON'T GET OFF!!" 

A stampede came up the stairs with Kris in the lead followed by Kyung Mi and everyone else. 

"BABY, DON'T KILL YOURSELF. WE HAVEN'T EVEN GOT MARRIED OR HAD CHILDREN YET. YOU CAN'T LEAVE ME!!!" Kris screamed hysterically as he barged in the room. I sat up on my bed and stared at the gang as they came crashing in. Chen stood outside the door with a smug smirk. 

"Wait...I thought you were dying? Chen, YOU TOLD US SHE WAS DYING!" Kyung Mi shouted at him. 

"What just happened? Weren't you killing yourself?" Luhan asked breathlessly. 

"Erm, no. I didn't want to wake up and then Chen just started yelling and saying that I was dying," I shrugged. 

"What the hell did you just do?" Kris turned to him with a murderous look. 

"I don't know. I was just trying to wake your girlfriend up," Chen replied in a nonchalant manner. 

"YOU SCARED ALL OF US. I THOUGHT MIYU WAS JUMPING OFF THE BALCONY AMD SUICIDING OR SOMETHING," D.O yelled furiously. 

"Huh, well, I don't know where you got that idea from," Chen grinned. 

"Oh gee, I don't know. Maybe IT WAS BECAUSE YOU WERE YELLING ABOUT HOW SHE WOULDN'T GET OFF AND SHE WAS DYING!!!" Kyung Mi exploded. 

"That was pretty overboard with the trolling," Suho scolded. 

"Yeah, yeah," Chen rolled his eyes. "At least she's awake so you can take her out on your little date."

"What date?" I blinked my eyes. 

"I'm taking you out on a date since there's not much time left before you leave for China. That means you should get washed up quickly. The sooner we leave, the better," Kris ruffled my hair. 

"I'm too tired to get up," I groaned. 

"Too bad, you're getting up anyways," he rolled his eyes and threw me over his shoulder. 

"Yah, put me down, giant!" I warned. 

"Nope, you're getting into that bathroom," he laughed and walked into the bathroom before shutting the door. 

"Damn, sometimes I'm scared of getting a girlfriend after seeing their relationship," Luhan shuddered. 

"That's why you have Sehun," Chanyeol cheekily grinned before running away from an angered Sehun. 

 

(******~~~~~~~~~~******)

 

"Gimme that," I growled.

"Nope. Never," he grinned teasingly. Kris and I were at a little cafe nearby for breakfast. The jackass had stolen my precious lemon cake. 

"Whyyyy~ Gimme my precious backkk," I stomped my feet in a childish manner. Rolling his eyes, he shook his head.

"It's going to make you fat...so I'll eat it for you." Before I could do anything to stop him, he took a bite out of the cake. My cake. He ate my cake. This guy's going down.

"Okay, that's it. I'M GOING TO KILL, YOU LIL . NO ONE - NOT EVEN MY BOYFRIEND - TAKES MY CAKE FROM ME. YOU HAVE 5 SECONDS TO RUN BEFORE I TACKLE YOU AND BEAT YOU UP UNTIL YOU APPEAR LIKE A GOD DAMN SMUSHED UP TOMATO," I roared. His eyes widened and he scrambled out of his chair. People were staring but I couldn't care less.

"5!" He backed away. 

"4!" 

"Look babe. I love you, I really do. And I know you lo-"

"3!" 

"Sorry?!"

"2!" 

"Okay, guess not!" He made a dash for it. 

"1! READY OR NOT, I'M KILLING YOU ANYWAYS!!!" I stormed out the door after him. 

"I'M SORRY. I'M SORRY. I WON'T EVER EAT YOUR CAKE EVER AGAIN. JUST PLEASE HAVE MERCY ON ME!" He screamed. 

"YEAH, THAT'S RIGHT. BE SCARED, YOU PUNK. NO ONE GETS AWAY WITH TAKING MY PRECIOUS AND EATING IT. RUN, RUN, RUUUUN!!!" I laughed psychotically and continued on my chase. He suddenly disappeared somewhere. Blinking, I slowed to a jog and kept running. Something pulled on my waist before my back hit something hard. 

"Gotcha," his voice whispered in my ears and sent shivers down my spine. 

"WU YI FAN." I scowled. 

"Come on now, don't be mad," he kissed my neck. 

"You bastard. Steal my sweets again and you can forget about forgiveness," I pushed him away, turned around, and crossed my arms. 

A beam flashed on his face and he grabbed my hand. "Do you like animals?" 

"No sherlock. What the hell does animals have to do with this," I grumbled and let myself be dragged by him. 

"Good, because we're going to the zoo," he answered. "And could you please not be so rude when talking to me?"

"Still pissed," I muttered although the anger had almost completely vanished. I mean, come on. It's not like you expect me to stay mad at him, right?

"Whatever. it's kind of obvious you're not mad," he rolled his eyes. Pulling me closer, he wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "It's cold, you should start wearing warmer clothes." I leaned my head on him and blew out cold air. We kept quiet, only hearing the talking of others on the streets. 

"Are we walking to the zoo by foot?" I frowned.

"No, stupid. We're taking the bus. I didn't feel like driving my car," he said.

"Kris..."

"Hmm?"

"I...won't be here for your birthday. What to do?" I felt like crying at the thought of it.

"Woman, what's wrong with you? Since when did you become such a baby?" He laughed.

"I'm not a baby!!!" I shouted. 

"Whatever you say," he smirked.

"Shut your mouth," I elbowed his stomach. 

"Argh, that hurt," he said in a voice dripping with sarcasm. 

"Mock me again and I'll make sure it will hurt," I threatened in a monotone voice.

"Ooh, I'm so scared," he faked a scared expression and backed away.

"I'll marry some other Chinese man in China," I narrowed my eyes.

"I love you so much, you have no idea," he cleared his throat. 

"That's what I thought," I smiled triumphantly. "Now hurry up, at this rate we're gonna get to the zoo at nighttime. I MUST SEE SOME ANIMALS!" I dragged him faster towards the bus stop which was only a few feet away from us. 

"Sheesh. Calm down," he mumbled.

"No. You don't tell anyone to calm down when they're going to a zoo. It's impossible to contain your feels when you're about to see a bunch of amazing animal so shush," I shushed him as we waited for the bus. 

"So you love sweets, animals, and me?" He leaned his head on my shoulder as we sat on the bench waiting for that bus to hurry and get here.

"NOPE. I love sweets and animals. And blue. And Bang Yongguk. Like dayuummm, that boy is fine," I teased.

"Take that back," he growled and lifted his head to glare at me. Chuckling, I pinched his cheek.

"Of course I love you, baka," I hugged him. 

"Duh. I'm too awesome for you not to," he arrogantly said.

"That's what you think. Everyone knows you're just an awkward, dorky giant."

"Yeah, you're right," he ruffled my hair. "By the way, the bus is here."

"Finally, I thought I'd die being stuck in this cold weather with you," I joked. 

"Oh, shut it. I know you love me." He pushed onto the bus with a roll of his eyes. 

 

(******~~~~~~~~~~******)

 

"Oh. My. GOOOOD. LOOK, ITSH ADOWABLE!!!" I squealed why pointing at tiger cub. 

"Err, yeah it is. Can we go yet?... You're attracting quite a lot of attention," Kris glanced around and squirmed. The people's stares directed at him and his girlfriend was making him fidget. 

"No. I mean, just look at it. Isn't it just the cutest thing ever? And look at the mom! She looks so cool!" I gasped. 

"You're talking about tigers here. Most people think dogs are cutest," he said in a quizzical manner. 

"Yeah, well, I'm not most people," I bluntly replied and continued cooing at the tigers. 

"Right. How could I forget. Babe, we've been here for hours, it's getting dark. Let's get something to eat," he complained and tugged on my arm. 

"Noooo, but look at their eyes staring at me. There's like...a connection. We need each other. Go eat by yourself. Maybe I should go in there, learn the ways of living like a tiger, and become part of their family. I'll be the cub's sister," I mused. 

"....Okay, now you're just crazy. We're leaving. Say bye to your long lost family and let's go," he started dragging me away. 

"B-but-" I whined. 

"No. You've seen just about every animal at the zoo," he sighed. "It's time to leave." 

"...fineee." I grumbled. I've forgotten how much I loved the zoo; it's been years since my parents have last taken me. 

"I remember back then when I went to the zoo with my parents. I'd always be on my dad's shoulders so I could see the animals. My mom carried the snacks and took care of me and my dad. The three of us would walk along the paths, laughing and smiling. They'd tell me about each animal, and the tiger became my favorite," a small smile lifted the corners of my mouth as I reminisced the old times. 

"I miss those times. All those moments when we were a complete family. A family that spent all their free time together," I leaned my head on his shoulder. 

"It's okay. Someday, we'll be able to experience the same happiness with our own kids." He wrapped an arm around me only to get shoved away. 

"EW! You're such a cheesie . How do you even know if I wanna get married to the likes of you?" I gagged. 

"Who else would you get married to?" He glared. 

"Princess Lulu. Sehunnie. Baek. Chanyeolo. Taopan. Squishy. Oh no, wait. Ew, I'm not marrying my best friend's brother. Gramps Suho. Kai. Laynicorn. No, I take that back. He's taken. Err, not Troll either. I don't wanna be trolled everyday for the rest oft life. Baozi is fine too though."

"Whatever. Like any of them would want to get stuck with you. Only I'm nice enough to make that sacrifice," he sniggered. 

"Krease, I know I'm fabulous and nothing can hide that," I flipped my hair arrogantly. After a few seconds, we both cracked up. 

"Don't ever do that again. You looked like a retarded seal," he pulled me to his side as we continued walking on the path, laughing happily. 

 

(******~~~~~~~~~~******)

 

-(Kyung Mi's POV)-

"Ughhh. No fair. Miyu gets to go out with her boyfriend while I'm trapped inside, waiting for my stupid boyfriend to call from China." 

"Stop complaining," D.O stuffed his face into the pillow. 

"And again, I'm reminded of why getting into a relationship is a bad idea," Luhan made a face. 

"Well at least you even get to call the person you like yours," Kai managed to pull on a small half-smile. 

"Oh. Oh god, I'm sorry. I-I didn't really  mean-"

"Haha, it's fine. I'm just saying. You don't have to freak out, ," he smirked at the end, trying to sound playful and nonchalant. 

"Wow. ? You sure know how to be chivalrous," I rolled my eyes. 

"Of course, I'm obviously your ideal gentleman. And to prove it, I'll take you out for some fun so you won't feel like Rapunzel, all trapped inside the castle while waiting for Prince Charming to come rescue her," he laughed. 

"What the hell. First of all, I don't have super long hair. Second of all, I'm not waiting for a stupid Prince Charming to save me," I cocked my brow at him. 

"The fact that you're sitting by the telephone, waiting for Lay hyung to call you is enough proof. Anyways, are you up for an adventure or not?" 

"I guess. And by the way, you sound like some main character from some cheesy cartoon," I teased. 

"Whatever. We all know how original I am," he tsked. 

"I'm sorry, I didn't hear that correctly. Did you say original or was it ghetto? I'm very sure it was ghetto based on my ultrasonic hearing," I mocked. 

"You either shut up and I take you out, or even better, you continue sitting here like a depressed loner ready to suicide. Because if you want stay here, I won't mind. At all."

"Give me five seconds and we'll be out that door. 

"5. 4. 1. 0. Guess you're not going," he shrugged. 

"Kim Jongin, you lil' ," I narrowed my eyes dangerously in his direction. 

"Not sure if I'm mistaken, but did you guys forget that the rest of us are still sitting here? We can hear everything you've been saying and it can't even be considered eavesdropping. So either you forgot about us, or you're ignoring us, or you somehow thought that it was only the two of you left and the rest of us had just magically disappeared. I honestly think that last choice is the reason. It's quite insulting to think that I've been forgotten or I'm being ignored. I'm not that insignificant to you, am I?" Baekhyun butted in. 

"Oops, I totally forgot you guys were still here. HAHAH!" I awkwardly laughed. 

"I was just pretending you didn't exist," Kai bluntly answered. 

"Ohh...my poor heart. It just took a stab right in my beautiful heart," he fake sobbed. 

"Dude, just stop. You sound completely stupid now," Xiumin whacked his head. 

"At least I don't look to buns for comfort," Baekhyun retorted. 

"Hyung, the eyeliner freak has a point there," Sehun shrugged. 

"Let's not break out into an argument. I'd like to think that my friends are more mature than they really are even for just 5 minutes. Kyung Mi, have fun. Kai, be nice," Suho warned the latter with a stern stare. 

"When am I never nice?" Kai asked with a dumbfounded face. 

"Since always," everyone chorused together. 

"Good point," he mumbled. "C'mon. I know the perfect place to go." 

I followed out the door as the others yelled their byes. He walked to his car and I hopped in the front seat. 

"Where are you taking me? It's almost November, where would we go except shopping or to watch a movie?" I curiously wondered. 

"Don't forget about the zoo," he snickered. "And what the hell dude. There's a million other places. You're probably just too depressed to think of them," he snorted as we drove down the streets. "Okay, fine, whatever. But where are you taking me?" 

"Somewhere."

"No Sherlock. Answer the question; where we go?" I exhausted lay asked for the millionth time.

"Somewhere special. A place that calms my mind, a place where I first got a heavy burden off my chest, and the place where I had let someone into my heart without knowing its harmful results," he murmured. "Happy?"

"Oh..." I could only shyly look out the window, somewhat embarassed and guilty. Surely he was speaking of his girlfriend? She was the only girl he ever loved and she did break his heart.......unless....he means me? But where would that place be?

Soon, an all too familiar building sat at a close distance away. It didn't take a genius to figure out that it was the same building I call my school. 

"Ummm, Kai? Why are we here?" I glanced at him quizzically. 

"Stop being so god damn impatient woman. You'll find out in a matter of minutes," he sighed exasperatedly. 

"Ugh, fine. Just hurry up. It's puzzling that your favorite place to relax is at school," I uttered. 

"You need to meditate or do whatever in order to practice your patience," Kai shook his head as we walked up the steps of the school. I quietly followed him. 

"Erh, the school's actually open?" I scratched my head. 

"No, but we don't need to enter the actual building to get to where I'm taking you."

He circled the building to the back and stopped in front of a door. "If I'm correct, this door is normally open because the school's security always comes to check up on it everyday. Normally, he comes around 12 - 3 pm." True to his predictions, the door easily swung open, revealing sets of stairs. With no choice I followed him up. After climbing a gazillion stairs (I need to excercise more. I'm panting as if I just ran a marathon even though I only walked like 3 flights of steps), we stopped in front of a door...that looked more than familiar. 

"...the rooftop?" I asked, quite dumbfounded. This is supposedly his special place? And I thought it would be like an epic secret garden or meadow or something. But seriously, the rooftop? More specifically, the school's rooftop?

"Just shut up," he growled. We walked over to the balustrade and looked down. 

"By the way, you are taking me out for lunch after this, right? Walking up those steps drained whatever energy I had in the first place," I sighed.

"Yeah, that's not surprising. You eat like a pig," he snickered. 

"It's part of growing up, you lil' ," I punched his arm. 

"Ow. That hurt so bad, the mighty Do Kyungmi just broke my arm with a simple punch of hers," he mimicked in a high-pitched, scared voice. 

"She'll break your ribs too if you don't stop being stupid," I glared. 

"Say...you don't feel awkward or anything after I confessed?" He looked into the distance.

"Nah, I don't see the point. I feel bad for making you suffer so much, but you're still special to me, Jongin. Besides, you won't treat me to ice cream if we're awkward. You already promised me last night," I smiled. 

"It feels like we're the main characters in a drama right? You're the main character, Lay's the main lead, I'm the one who falls in love and gets rejected, Miyu and Kris are the side couples, our friends, and the rest of EXO are the bunch of idiots that make us laugh with their stupid antics," he chuckled.

"I'm positive you'll find your perfect match someday. It's just not your ex, nor is it me," I patted his shoulder gently. 

"You know what I've always wanted to do?" He stared at me intensely. 

I raised my brows at him. "What?"

"No, it's stupid. It'll probably get me a black eye and some broken bones if hyung ever finds out," he laughed bitterly and turned away. I stepped closer and rested my hand on his shoulder. 

"What the hell's wrong with you? Just tell me what you've always wanted to do. Everyone basically has something they've always wanted to do," I said. 

"Yeah, well, what I want to do can only remain a wish. A selfish, unreasonable dream that will never come true."

"Don't be so pessimistic. I can help you if you want. Nothing's impossible," I whispered. 

"Then you have to give me permission first. Say yes and I'll take that as my cue to go." He gazed sternly into my eyes, his own unwavering. 

"Err, yes?" I looked at him weirdly. Now what is wrong with this idiot?

"Don't blame me for what I'm about to do now," he warned one last time. 

"Kai-" A gasp escaped my lips in a moment of surprise as his lips pressed against mine. My eyes were as big as my own brother's. All I could do was stand there like a statue as his soft lips continued staying attached to my own. After several seconds, he pulled away with hazy eyes. 

"...you mad?" He shyly looked away. 

"That was...unexpected," I slowly said. 

"Please don't tell Lay. He'll murder me."

"I won't. It was your wish, right?" I weakly smiled. The thought of hiding this kiss from lay caused guilt to rise in my chest but I owe Kai. He suffered more than enough already because of me. "I'll think of it as a small favor."

"Thanks, Kyung Mi," he smiled unsurely. 

"Mmm. Anything for my friends," I beamed. Inside, my stomach was coiling at the thought of the kiss. Although nothing compared to Lay's, Kai's kiss was tender, loving. But it didn't cause any butterflies, nor did my heart feel like jumping out of my chest.

"Let's go for that ice cream now, eh?" He ruffled my hair and made towards the door. 

"Yeah...ice cream." I silently followed behind him as we left for dessert. Even though we were going for something sweet, I sure didn't feel very sweet. In fact, I felt like a deceiving, backstabbing, selfish witch. I went against my boyfriend, and possibly hurt my friend even more. Was it right to let him kiss me? Why must my life be so damn complicated. Staring at Kai's back, I could tell that he was devastated inside. And I believe it's all my fault. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ERMAHGAWD. YOU GUIES, I'M BAEK. 

I'M SO SOWWY FOR BEING AWAY SO LONG. IT'S BEEN ALMOST 2 MONTHS. 

HOLY SHIZZ.

Btw, if anyone saw an update notification a few weeks ago, I apologize because I had forgotten to hide the chapter while I was working on it. LOL

ANyways, hope you lovelies liked the update. I'll try my best to update it a week or so from now. I will try, believe me. 

Life's been packed with schedules for me lately. 

Thanks to those who subscribed~ NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES I'VE SAID IT, I LOVE ALL OF YOU READERS. I WILL TRY NOT TO NEGLECT THIS STORY OR MY SEHUN STORY SO MUCH BUT PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT LIFE CAN BE A BIATCH. LOL. 

I LOVE YOU ALL 

UNTIL NEXT TIME ^^

-2pmfan4ever