Chapter 12

I'm Not Trolling When I Say I Love You

Chapter 12

 

-(Kyung Mi's POV)-

"Where should we start?" I looked at all the aisles in the big supermarket. Lay took out the list D.O gave us. 

"Let's start with the meat stuff and then we'll head to the vegetables and fruits section. Then we'll go to the drinks, dairy, and other foods later," he said. He got a shopping cart and started pushing it towards the meat products. 

"Let's see," I grabbed the shopping list from Lay. "Beef, chicken, and pork. Wait, what does he want? The legs, the chest, the fat? Couldn't he be more specific?" Lay laughed at the face I made.

"Just call him and ask," he suggested.

"I don't have my phone with me. I left it at home, I didn't think I'd need it. What about your phone?" I asked Lay.

"I don't have it, it ran out of batteries, remember? I told you when we ran away from Miyu and Kris at the amusement park. I haven't went home since yesterday so I never got a chance to charge it," he shrugged. I mentally face palmed myself upon remembering what happened. 

"Why didn't you charge your phone using one of the other guys' chargers?" I asked. 

"I have an iPhone 4s but everyone else either has an iPhone 5 or Samsung Galaxy," he gave me a blank face. I sighed. 

"Eh, let's just get whatever we see," I decided. 

"Okay. Let's spread out, you get the chicken and I'll get the beef and pork." He headed towards the beef and pork section. I turned to all the chicken stuff and started having a dilemma. 'So much, should I really get it all? I don't think he'd want any of the fattie stuff right? But then what if he needs it? What about the legs, wings, thighs, and part? Are the wings too small or are they good enough? Maybe the has too much meat and he wants the legs. Or maybe the thighs?'  My thoughts were interrupted when Lay came pushing the cart over. 

He had a big smile on his face. "Taking so long?" I turned to him and frowned. 

"What did you get?" I asked. 

"Whatever I saw that was pork and beef," he rubbed the back of his head sheepishly. "I really don't know anything about supermarkets and the products they sell..." 

"What? How do you NOT know?" I gave him a weird look. I mean, he's freaking 18 years old. What kind of 18 year old doesn't know about supermarkets?

"My parents are rich people; they're business owners of the most famous resorts across the world. As a child, they never let me do anything that could ruin my family's reputation. And that counts going to supermarkets that are only for the poor people." He rolled his eyes at the last part. 

"Oh, that . Even though my parents are rich, they've never been like that. I lead a normal life like any other teenager. Or at least as normal as it could get, being in a society where everyone likes you only for your money," I frowned. Most people I've met gave me compliments but I knew they were only doing it so they could get on my good side, thinking they could use me for my money or something. All guys that have ever liked me did it only because of the looks and the money.

"Yeah well, my parents are really strict. I'm lucky they even let me on the loose for so long. A few years back, they sent me to the U.S. to study abroad, saying it would be good for the future when I take over the resort chain.  I studied for about two years there. It was where I met the rest of the EXO boys, including D.O. I was then sent here to Korea to continue my studies. Hence, I met your brother again. The rest of the EXO guys actually came here with me. We had all decided to study and finish high school over here. I was shocked when my parents allowed me to go. They pretty much never let me do as I want."

I felt bad for him. What kind of parents are they? Living a life with pretty much no freedom sounds so...suffocating. 

"Don't worry. Now that you're in Korea, you won't have to worry about your parents or anything anymore! And I'll show you around in the supermarket. I'm sure you know some stuff about it, right?" I tried comforting him.

"Yeah, I've been to one a few times before with some of the EXO guys," he answered. "Now that we've somewhat talked about my life, wanna get going on picking the chicken?" He raised an amused eyebrow at me.

"Oh, right. I almost forgot. Ahehe," I scratched my head, a bit embarrassed. 

"Cute," I heard Lay chuckle under his breath, and I SWEAR the temperature rose up a bit. 

"Kyung Mi-ah, are you okay? Your cheeks are really red!" Lay gave me a genuine concerned look. "Eh...did they just get redder?" He mumbled. Oh god.

"Oh, uh. N-no. Um, let's just get the chicken. I-I'm fine," I cleared my throat awkwardly and turned back to the chicken. 

"Are you sure you're fine? You're stuttering too," he frowned. I think I might've been panicking.

"O-oh! Hahaha. Uh, chicken! So much chicken!" What was I blabbering about now? And why won't my mouth just shut up? In the midst of grabbing whatever random item I saw, due to being flustered, I tripped over my own retarded foot and would've fallen face first on the ground. In fact, I was expecting that to happen. I shut my eyes tight, only to find strong, firm arms around my waist. I automatically opened my eyes and almost screamed at the face an inch away from mine. I think I made a horrifying face because Lay, the one who caught me, started laughing. He pulled me up to my feet and kept laughing like a bobo. 

"DUDE, you should've seen your face; it was hilarious~" I glared at him but I don't think he saw. When he finally calmed down from his high, he let out a cute smile. "It looks like if I don't get the chicken for you, we'll be stuck here forever."

He grabbed random chicken stuff and put them in the cart. I stood there like an idiot, still trying to comprehend what just happened. 

"Well? Are you going to keep staring at me or are we going to move on to the veggies and fruits?" He smirked.

"Pft, shut up. I wasn't staring at you," I rolled my eyes and stalked off towards the vegetables. I looked at the list again, grabbing whatever my bro said he needed. Lay just pushed the cart around, continuously teasing me the whole time.

"Uwah, I'm starving. Wanna get something to eat?" He asked while I was putting fruits into the cart. 

"Good idea. I'm pretty hungry too," I smiled.

"When aren't you hungry?" He teased again.

"Yah, Zhang Yixing, stop teasing me or else I'll make sure Chen and I troll you for the rest of your life!" I glared at him.

"..."

"Hahaha! Are you so scared by my threat that you can't speak anymore?" I gave him a mocking smile.

"..."

"Hey, say something Lay Chips. Yoohoo~ Anybody there?" I waved my hand in front of his face, he looked a bit distant right now. Suddenly, he grabbed my hand and held it. 

"Say it. Say it again," he looked at me.

"What?..." I'm so confused. What is he talking about?

"My name. Say it again. Please," he almost begged.

"...Lay?" As embarrassing as it is, my voice just had to crack at the end.

He sighed. "No. My real name. Say it. Yixing."

I gave him a strange look but complied to his order. "Yixing." He smiled softly at me, his dimple showing. That smile...it gave me tingly feelings and my heart did a strange twisting motion. What's wrong with me?

"From now on, call me by Yixing. I like the way it rolls off your tongue," he stared at me with an indefinable look in his eyes.

"Okay, Yixing it is. But why suddenly the change?" I gave him a curious glance as we started walking around the supermarket again. 

"I don't know. It's just, it's been a long time since I've heard my name called in that way. The boys, they always call me by Lay, my nickname. Even when my parents said it, it wasn't sincere. But when you say it, it has a different feel to it...I like it. So from now on, you're the only who can call me that." He winked. Oh, that wink. My life will end soon if he doesn't stop. UGH.

"So, how about some food and then we'll come back here and get the rest of the stuff?" He smiled that breathtaking smile of his. I grinned at the thought of food and nodded enthusiastically. We paid for whatever we got so far and headed towards the nearest restaurant.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi everyone~ Sorry for the short update but I really wanted to update and I didn't have more time to write anymore.

I promise I'll finish the rest of this sometime soon. Possibly tomorrow :)

And I'm sorry if my updates are a bit slow but I do have a life outside of AFF so I can't update too often. I'm not saying that any of you don't have a life or anything, I'm just stating that I have other stuff to take care of so please don't be offended or anything. That's the last thing I would want, really~ Hehehe.  I'm really busy but I'll try to get in as many updates as possible.

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed the LayMi in here! I promise there's more coming up. I think before any real drama starts, there'll be about 5-10 chapters of normal fluff and hyperness and whatnot. 

With that said, I'll see you guys whenever I next update which shouldn't take too long! :D

AND REMEMBER TO COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!!! I appreciate everyone who comments and subscribes, it makes me really happy~

I love you all!

-2pmfan4ever