Chapter 27

I'm Not Trolling When I Say I Love You

Chapter 27

 

-(Kyung Mi's POV)-

Silence enveloped the room as we tried consuming the news. The only sound heard was our breathing add for the sound of my heart shattering to bits and pieces. And although silence was all any of the others could hear, the sound of cracking caused my ears to throb in pain. Never have I heard such a cruel, harsh, frightening sound in my life. 

I was staring at the screen where Lay was forlornly gazing at me and Miyu was sniffling, unable to lift her head and look at any of us. Yet, I didn't seem to notice any of this. It was like looking into the void. My eyes couldn't see anything or it refused to see anything. Everything was a blur and it took me a few minutes to realize they were blurred from tears. 

"A-are you serious right now?" Kai finally broke the silence with his weak voice. "Y-you're not j-joking?" 

"Kai, I would never joke about such matters. You know I'm not Chen or Baekhyun. I don't mess around with serious matters," Lay sighed. Kai's eyes hardened into a look of anger and hatred. 

"She trusted you! She waited faithfully every second of the day for your call! For any sign of you still breathing on this earth and when you finally decide to show your face, th-this monstrosity happens?!" He screamed at Lay. 

"I didn't have a choice! Ask Miyu!" Lay snapped back in frustration. 

"And you! You were supposed to be her best friend but instead you be-" 

"Enough is enough, Kim Jongin!" Suho cut in, a glare pointed in Kai's direction. "You can't blame anyone for this except their parents! Lay and Miyu were innocent. They didn't know any of this was going to happen. Heck, Miyu went back because she thought her grandpa died!"

"...Sorry. My emotions took over," Kai regretfully apologized. 

"What does this mean now? When are you supposed to get married?" Xiumin asked. 

Miyu wiped her eyes and spoke with an unrecognizable voice. If it weren't for her face in the screen, I would've never guessed it belonged to my best friend. 

"T-two weeks from now. G-guys, I-I'm so sorry. I-I..." She paused mid sentence and covered her face with her hands. Tired of the blurry vision, I roughly rubbed the tears away and looked at Lay. Like, really looked at him. He returned the intense gaze and a soft smile lifted the corners of his mouth up and there it was. The single dimple I had grown to adore so much. 

"Yah, I told you before that girls are ugly when they cry, right? So stop, this isn't anything worth crying over."

"Not worth crying over?! Ge, even I'm tearing up and I'm not even in love with you!" Tao complained. 

"I still love you, Kyung Mi. And I'm still your boyfriend. The only difference is I'm getting married," he tried to shrug it off playfully, make it seem like no big deal. 

"Everything about that is wrong," Sehun muttered. 

"You're getting married to my girlfriend, . I-I don't know what to do. I don't even know what I'm supposed to feel. Angry? No, because it's neither of your faults. Sad? But why? Because as far as I know, Miyu is still mine and I'm still hers. But I'm not happy, joyful, calm. I'm starting to wonder if it would have been better had we switched partners and fallen in love with the other."

"Kris, don't say that," Luhan scolded. "It's making it worse."

"I'm sorry, Kris. You know this wasn't my decision. I would never do this to you or Kyung Mi and Lay intentionally. I was serious when I told you all those times that I loved you. But I can't do anything about this. Our families had arranged it a while back without our knowledge." Miyu said softly with a pleading tone. "And Kyung Mi, I would never take Lay from you. I don't even like him in that way."

"That doesn't make me any less broken, Yuyu," I shook my head sadly. 

"You know what? I honestly don't understand why we're all sitting here in depression," Chen started. "All you can think about is, 'Oh. Miyu and Lay are getting married. It's the end of the world. We can't do anything. We're just gonna wallow in our own despair and walk around like zombies because why? Our two friends who aren't meant to be together are getting married and we can't stop it simply because our parents arranged it.' You're all sitting here with similar thoughts but you can't open your eyes and use your brain. Especially you four. Just because you can't be with the one you truly love doesn't mean you get to sob about it like in those retarded dramas.

"Kyung Mi, wake up. You're not going to die so stop being a sobbing mess. Miyu, it's none of your fault and you know that. Kris still loves you, and you love him so don't feel guilty and you too need to stop wailing. Lay, wash up. Seriously. You look like you came straight out of your grave. Kris, sort your damn emotions out. Admit it, you're angry not because your girlfriend is getting married, but because it's not you she's getting married to. You're sad because 's going down and it's affecting you and Miyu. As for the rest of us, we're only sad because we're being blinded by their sadness. But if every single one of you would just open your eyes and look, you would find ways. Ways to get out of this. Ways to be happy again. Ways to go back to normal. Instead, you just decide to let the sadness devour your heart. You're giving in too soon. That's exactly what your parents want, Lay. Yours too, Miyu. They want you to be obedient kids who listen to every word they say. They don't expect a fight from neither of you. Why? Because all your life, you've never fought for your own desires, your own beliefs, your own opinions, or your own rights. You let them control you and it led them to think that you're easy. You're both easy targets for your parents. Puppets they can manipulate with a single word. But this is really going too far. It's about time you stand up for yourselves and rebel at least this once. Unless you plan on regretting every single moment of your life in the future. 

"Now that I've tired my mouth out from that motivational wake up call, it's about time I get home to my bed that's been calling me for the last two hours. And once any of you decide to brave up and do some wedding wreckage, give me a call and we'll create a mindblowing, devious plan. Good bye. I hope you die in your nightmares. It serves you all right. And Sehun, Baekhyun? Hope you two enjoy your walk home." With a roll of his eyes, Chen stomped his way to the door and harshly opened it only to slam it shut with enough force to shake the house. 

"Well...that sure was something." Chanyeol awkwardly chuckled.

"! Now I don't have a ride home," Baekhyun pouted. "Unless...are any of you willing to be kind enough to take this poor lad home?"

"That's disgusting. Don't try to use your puppy dog eyes on us! No one is gonna take you home." Tao wrinkled his nose in disapproval. 

"How you guys get home is of little to no importance. Everyone should reflect on Chen's words. He has a point but how things turn out depends on you guys," Suho pointedly looked at every one of us. "Lay, Miyu, I think you guys should get some rest. It's getting late and by the looks of it, you haven't had enough sleep recently. The rest of us should go home and leave Kyungsoo and Kyungmi alone. We can talk another day."

"Okay, I'll call back tomorrow around this time or a bit earlier," Miyu sighed. 

"Why don't you guys just get a ticket back to Korea? You know, run away," Xiumin suggested. 

"We would except Lay's been held captive ever since he's got here. The only people allowed in the house are his parents, the workers, my parents, and myself. There's guards surrounding every corner of his house." Miyu said. "In short, he's under house arrest. At least I sill have my phone although things have been so hectic I haven't been able to call you guys until now."

"Damn, that's rough," Baekhyun wrinkled his nose. 

"Kris' birthday is tomorrow. This has got to be the worst present in his entire life," Luhan said with pity laced in his tone. 

"Shut up, princess," Kris glared. 

"I'll call you later, Kris. If one of the guards come in or worse, Yixing's parents, you won't be seeing either of our faces for the rest of your life."

"Alright, goodnight." Suho gently smiled. 

"Mm, night," Lay nodded. "I love you Kyung Mi."

"I know. Goodnight," I sighed and started up the stairs, not sparing another glance.  


-(Miyu's POV)- 

"I miss you," I said. 

"Yeah well, I miss you more. And there's no arguing with that," Kris grunted. 

"Hey...I'm sorry I can't be with you tomorrow. It's our first time celebrating your birthday together..." I stared up at the ceiling if my room. My heart felt heavy at the thought of it. 

"Don't worry about it. There's always next year and the year after that and the year after that. Heck, 80 years from now and we'll still be celebrating our birthdays together with our kids and grand kids."

"Yah, we're not even married yet. What if I don't want to marry you?" I teased. 

"Well, I do. I'll chase you till either you or I die. I know you don't like running so you wouldn't be able to run forever. I'll catch you someday," his deep voice flowed to my ears through the device. It'd be so much better to hear him right by my side, not through a phone so many miles away. 

"Are you okay? What with the marriage and all?" I softly asked. 

"...even if I'm not, I have to at least pretend. Besides, I'll fight for you. You didn't think that news of an arranged marriage could stop me from chasing you, did you? Cause I'm much more persistent than that."

My heart warmed at his words and happiness surged through my entire being. But not a second later did I remember how serious this situation is. 

"Then you better save me fast, Ben Ben," I snickered at the name. 

"You need to stop with that name. It's embarassing," he grumbled in protest.

"Save your complaints for someone else. I'm your girlfriend so I'll call you whatever pet name I want," I rolled my eyes. 

"How did I go from loathing you from the depths of my heart to loving you to the point where it hurts?"

"If someone told me that I'd love you so unconditionally a few months ago, I'd punch them in the face for spouting such nonsense," I smirked at the thought. 

"Then don't the others owe you a punch?"

"Nah, it's kinda thanks to them that we're together so I'll let them go. Besides, how could you possibly stay mad at that bunch of idiots?" I lightly chuckled. "And they didn't really say we'd be in love in the future, they only forced us to hang out and made teasing remarks."

"We should thank them then, shouldn't we?" I could hear the smile in his voice. 

"Nope. They were annoying. They don't deserve my thanks." I pursed my lips. 

"Gee, mean much?" He snorted. 

"That's why you love me," I rolled my eyes despite knowing that he obviously couldn't see me. It felt nice doing it anyway cause it made me feel closer to him. 

"What? Your meanness is why I'm attracted to you?" He asked with disbelief. "What part of that makes sense? I don't like mean people."

"You don't love me because of my meanness. You love me because I have the guts to say mean things to people I hold dear to me."

"So you insult me because you love me?" Kris wondered. 

"No. I insult you cause I hate you. Duh." I sighed. 

"Are you being sarcastic now? I really can't tell," he complained with a whine. 

"You know what? You're stupid. Good night, I'm going to sleep. Bye Ben Ben," I laughed. 

"No, wait! Don't-"

I faked a yawn. "Damn, I'm sleepy. I'll call you later. Bye."

"Yah, KIM MIYU!"

"Love you too. Night," I hung up and snickered. My laughter soon faded when I realized how much I really actually missed Kris. Great, how am I gonna get any sleep now? My thoughts are going to be accompanied by him and his giant self. I blame him entirely for my lack of sleep. 

Out of nowhere, my phone started ringing loudly. I have got to lower the volume before it scares the living out of me at night. 

Who would be calling me anyway? Kris? Kyung Mi?
I looked at the caller ID and frowned when I didn't recognize the number. After five rings, I hesitantly picked it up. 

"H-hello?" I squinted into the dark, utterly puzzled by who would call. 

"Miyu? Kim Miyu?" My eyes widened at the voice. Holy fricking . It's been years since I've heard this voice! Am I dreaming?!

"Mark?! Is that you?!"


------------------------
HAIIIII GUIISSEEEEE
IM HIGH ON SUGAR RIGHT NOW EUHEHEHEHHEHEHEH

I HAVENT UPDATED IN SO LONG AND IM NOT SORRY

EXO'S HAPPY CAMP OMFG I ALMOST CRIED AT THE END EXO I LUB YOU ITS OKAY YOU HAVE ME U DONT NEED ANYONE ELSE LMFAO IM JK YOU HAVE MILLIONS OF FANS BOYS BUT I STILL LUB YOU  HAHAHAH WATS WRONG WITH ME CRIES

BUT LIKE GOT7 
SO MANY FEELS LATELY
THAT WOULD EXPLAIN THE SUDDEN APPEARANCE OF MARK

GOODNESS I LUB HIM HES DJEPWJEBWLWPDJWKEBEKWPWNJWDPWNWN GOT7 JEPQJEBEKNFKWPQOWBEDBDJOQNW I LIKE JACKSON AND BAMBAM TOO BUT MARK IS MORE LOLOLOLLL EUHEHEHEHEH OKAI BAI

-2pmfan4ever