Lost

Lost

 

“Whoa, man! That’s my sister you’re lifting your fist at!” You brother hisses grabbing your wrist and pulling you from your spot to his side.

 

Your sister bursts out of the room with Infinite right behind her, she lets out a short gasp before stepping between Jinyoung and Myungsu, she places her hands on Jinyoung’s chest and attempts to make him back off. He doesn’t move.  “Idiot! Don’t hit his face! He still has to perform! I didn’t give you the ticket so you can come beat him up!”

 

And this is one of the many reasons you love your siblings, they always know when to pop and kill the tension.

 

You use the back of your hand to wipe away the tears; you remove your brother’s fingers from your wrist and sigh. “Your fans are waiting,” You say out loud, “We can talk about this some other day.” You add firmly.

 

They all look at you as though you are insane but you ignore the looks, you stare hard at Jinyoung and he looks away and lows his fist.

 

“Fine,” He says stepping away from Myungsu and your sister is still attempting to push him back, and it’s not working out too well, “You stupid brat,” He rolls his eyes holding her wrists and tries to keep her still.

 

“Hey!” You brother protests but does nothing to stop him.

 

“What on earth is going on?! You’re all up in 3, Infinite!” The same man from before screams with his hands on hips and the whole of Infinite follow him.

 

Myungsu doesn’t spare you a glance and that’s like salt on the wound you’re trying to ignore.

 

“I’m sorry.” Jinyoung murmurs, “I’ll try to control myself around him,”

 

You give him a weak smile, you step towards him and hug him tightly, “It’s okay,” You whisper.

 

¤¤¤¤¤

 

Dashi dorawa~ dorawa –

 

“They just had to perform that song.” You mutter as you watch them perform, your sister is screaming and being the fan-girl that she is. Your brother is hooking up with some of the fan-girls pretending to be gay so that they can give him their numbers.

 

“What an idiot,” You hear Jinyoung, you look up at him and smile warmly, “That’s my brother you’re talking about,” You remind him with a laugh, it’s a bit difficult understanding what he is saying because of the music and screams.

 

“Well,” Jinyoung bends until his lips are against your ear, “Let’s enjoy the concert. It’s not every day that we get to have a V.I.P ticket,” He chuckles softly, you smile before nodding.

 

You start clapping not knowing the lyrics of the song; you look around and see that a few people are holding small papers. Those papers are usually given before the concert begins.

 

Jinyoung grabs your hand and gives you a paper with the lyrics; you look up at him and smile before mouthing a thank you to him. He nods and holds your wrist, “Have fun!” He screams and starts jumping like crazy.

 

Thank you, you think as you watch him smile.

 

“I hate Myungsu but I’m willing to try and get along with him for you,” He once said.

 

How can he still smile even after I…? you stare at the ground, Jinyoung lets go of your hand and starts clapping, Infinite got off stage and were replaced by another group.

 

You looked up at him, tears blurred your vision and your heart ached for the remaining friendship you shared with him. You looked in his eyes and saw the hurt and regret swimming in, and all the shame he had. You sniffed and wiped away your falling tears,

“I’m sorry,” You said softly. “I don’t feel the same way – I can’t love you the way you want me to –  I honestly can’t forget about him,” You continued between sobs, “I mean I’ve tried so h – hard…” You trailed off; your stubborn tears just kept rolling out of your eyes.

He looked away from you and stared at the ground, “Am I not worth one chance?” You winced at how weak his voice sounded. “Jinyoung, believe me…” You begun, “If I could love you like I love him – I would but I can’t,” You then laughed bitterly, “I wish you’re the one I fell in love with instead.”

He took a hesitant step forward and looked you in the eye before he smiled, “Let’s forget about this,” He said as he tried to sound cheerful, “Let’s pretend that I never confessed – let’s go back to before: Just friends.”

It took over six months to build back the friendship you both shared but you both got there even though it wasn’t “back to before”.

 

“Stop thinking about it,” He whispers into your ear, “I’m fine. We made it,” He pokes your cheek and laughs, you blink before nodding.

 

¤¤¤¤¤

 

“How – how are you?” You ask looking anywhere but at him. It has been a few days since the concert, you’re standing in their dorm – it’s messy, clothes are all over the place but it’s big enough for all of them. He’s leaning against the door that you walked through and is staring at you blankly.

 

He lets out a sigh and runs his fingers through his hair with a shrug, “Still preparing for the up-coming concert in a few weeks,” and that is not the answer you want, you purse your lips together and sit on the ground.

 

“What about university?” You pull your legs to your chest and rest your head on your knees.

 

“University can wait.” He states tiredly, “I have better things to worry about,”

 

“University is important,” Your voice starts trembling, you hear him move from the door but you don’t bother to look at him.

 

“I know – I’m an idol now. I don’t care about it anymore.” He sighs.

 

“You can’t survive in the world with just being an idol!” You snap and glare at his figure, his back is turned to you.

 

“You’re sounding like my mom,” He lets out a forced chuckle, “What’s the point of caring when the one I’m working so hard for doesn’t seem to understand?”

 

You are left dumbfounded at his retort, your mind tries to think of something else to say to him but nothing comes to mind.

 

“I need air,” He doesn’t wait for you to reply, he turns and walks past you, heading for the door. He reaches the door and turns the knob. He opens the door and just as he steps out of the dorm, you jump to your feet but you don’t go over to him.

 

“What do you mean?” You ask hesitantly, you know that he’s not going to answer you, not with the grave look he has on his face and the grip he has on the doorknob.

 

“It’s none of your concern,” And he leaves, he closes the door with a click leaving you standing in the dorm. You already expected that answer, but it still hit you hard and it hurt. You stand there dumbly for a feel seconds before you run out of the dorm.

 

“Wai – ” You find him in the hallway with his head against the wall, he looks worn out. You bite your lower lip and walk towards him; you stop right beside him and swallow. I hate seeing you look so defeated, you think.

 

“I want to know,” You say firmly.

 

He glances at you and stares back at the wall, “I want you back.”

 

¤¤¤¤¤

Okay, wow LOL  and yesh, B1A4! I was planning to write a new fic with them for a while now but that can wait until whenever, so yeah they will pop in here! And I thank my Fartward <3! I couldn’t have finished this chapter without her help! Check out her fics, will you? I hope you enjoyed the update.  Until next time :]!