Lost

Lost

 

“Stop the car,” You say to the driver, he ignores you and keeps driving, “I said stop the car!” You yell at him. The poor man gets startled and jumps in his seat out of shock; he slams his foot on the brakes and throws an apologetic smile to the person next to you.

 

You unlock the door and stumble your way out of the taxi. You slam the door shut with all your might and begin walking away. You're going to be late for your shift if this goes on and you really do not want to be late.

 

“Wait!” You ignore his yells, you keep on walking away until you feel him grab your arm and turn you around to face him. Your eyes widen at that, you shiver, it’s been four years – since you last felt his touch.

 

You snap out of it before you begin thinking of your memories of his touch. The touch that made you want to melt, it still makes you want to melt.

 

“I don’t have time for this,” You snap glaring up at him, he is slightly taller than you. You jerk your arm from his grasp but you don’t move from your spot, “Explain,” You demand tapping your foot on the ground with your arms over your chest.

 

“You’ve changed, huh?” He chuckles, a bit sad. Your eyes soften at the sadness you hear in his voice before you shake your head; you look away from his face and stare at the ground.

 

You let out a sigh, “No one can be the same after four years,” You bite your lower lip trying to prevent yourself from bursting out into tears and running back into his arms. You had an urge to hug him and take him back even though he hasn’t asked for you to get back with him.

 

Does he still love me? Your heart skips a beat at that. You look up at him and notice his staring right back at your with those eyes that you’ve seen a gazillion times in the past. He looks like a kicked puppy, you stop tapping your foot and take a step towards him. You slowly reach out and cup his cheek.

 

He closes his eyes and lets out a sigh; you pull away like you have been stung and step back. He opens his eyes and stares at you.

 

Since when did you become so weak, Myung?  You ask yourself, “I…I…” You stutter trying to find the right words to say to him.

 

It’s like we’re back to when we first met, those awkward moments. You blink back tears, he’s not MyungSoo anymore, and he’s not yours anymore. He’s an idol now, a voice says angrily somewhere inside your head, the sentence hits you hard and makes you want to crawl up in a hole and never come out.

 

He left you to become an idol without a good reason. He left you a lame letter –

 

You furiously shake your head to shake out the annoying voice, “Why won’t you leave me alone?” You ask him.

 

He gives you a smile and you want to slap it off his face because it’s a sad smile, your heart clenches at the sight of it, “Because I can’t,” He answers, “I’ve tried – I want us to be friends,”

 

You grit your teeth and narrow your eyes at him, “I don’t want us to be friends.” You state firmly almost angrily.

 

“Should we – ,” He pauses and looks at you with an unsure look in his eyes, yet determined look, “We can start from where we left off,”

 

You stare at him in disbelief,  “You’re impossible, you jerk,” You mumble after a few minutes of silence. “It’s over for us – might as well forget about each other,”

 

“I can’t,” He says stubbornly.

 

He will leave you again. He’ll leave you!  The voice in your head hisses. You close your eyes and step back from him, “I’m going to be late for work – I…” You turn around and sprint away, you were grateful that he didn’t run after you.

 

¤¤¤¤¤¤

 

You enter the restaurant from the back and head straight for the locker rooms; you find your locker and quickly unlock it. You pull out your waitress outfit and with a sigh you put it on.

 

You soon find yourself in the restaurants kitchen; you bow your head at everyone that notices your presence with a fake smile. Too many thoughts are swimming through your brain that you find it had to hold your fake smile. You walk out of the restaurants kitchen and find yourself at the counter. You stand between to another waiter and waitress, they both are occupied with hungry customers.

 

“Table 11,” The waiter whispers in your ear, you give him a smile before turning around and rushing back into the kitchen.

 

“Table 11!” You yell and a chef waves you over; you quickly walk towards him with a bright smile.

 

¤¤¤¤¤

 

“What a beautiful night!” You say cheerfully as you throw your hands in the air and stretch. You sigh softly, your back ached a little. You step out of the restaurant and your cheerfulness is vanishes only to be replaced with annoyance.

 

You close your eyes, hoping that if you open them, he'll disappear. When you re-open your eyes, he’s still there. Standing  and staring at you with a small smile. You don’t return the smile; instead you turn and walk away from him.

 

“Not this again,” You hear him say but you choose to ignore him.

 

Within seconds he is walking right beside you with his hands shoved in his pockets, you frown and stop moving.

 

“Acting like nothing happened is like an insult,” You say, he stops and blinks at you.

 

“Let’s start again,” That sentence is like a slap in the face.

 

“Don’t you understand what I’m trying to say?!” You scream stomping your feet on the ground like a stubborn child, “Do I need to hit your head with something hard for you to understand that we can’t be together anymore?! You’re impossible!”

 

“You said that earlier,” He remarks.

 

“Shut up!”

 

¤¤¤¤¤¤

Until Next Time :]!