Tell me

Different

Amber woke up to see Key's head dipping multiple times before shooting up and repeating this motion over. Amber giggled to herself, she easily laid Key down from his uncomfortable sitting position. The movement made Key stir. Amber froze and was about to head for the door when Key's eyes poppped open, "You're still here!" he exclaimed excitedly.
Amber's eyebrows furrowed, "How did you know I was here before?" she asked his crossed arms and a fake peeved look.
Key gulped unconsciously, "I- uhh- before when you were..." Key just gave up on his failed explanation and lowered his head whispering words like 'idiot' and 'dork' to himself. 
Amber dropped her arms and walked up to him and wrapped her arms around Key's body, which made him freeze, surprised.
"Don't you ever do that to me again." Amber whispered painfully. 
"Do what...?" 
"Flirt with other girls, live your life normally, like we never happened, and don't ever get hurt." 
Key smiled and Amber could feel him nodding against her shoulder, "You . Living happily and pretending like nothing's wrong when your girlfriend is going crazy." Amber hissed. 
Key slowly pulled back and looked into Amber's sad brown eyes, "I still have a girlfriend?" he asked hopefully. 
Amber swallowed and realized her mistake. She was so used to being Key's girlfriend that she used the word involuntarily. She looked down and thought about it for a moment. 
The past few weeks have been the hardest of her life. Whenever she arrived at school, she expected Key to be at the gate to greet her every morning, but he wasn't. Instead, he was with Krystal, happy as ever. Ever since then, her days just hasn't been the same. *How stupid,* Amber scoffed in her mind, *we haven't even been together for a year and you've already grown on me.* 
Amber looked up to see Key's puppy dog eyes, which made her laugh. 
"On one condition," Amber started seriously. 
Key nodded eagerly, "Anything." 
"you tell me your secret."