Hospital

Different

Amber stood in front of Seoul Hospital, with her hands on her knees, desperately trying to catch her breath. 
It took about half an hour to get to the hospital on foot. 
Amber started to walk towards the hospital, tiredly. She opened the door and went over to the secretary, who was a young-looking woman with her light brown hair tied up in a neat bun, she looked up and smiled kindly, "Hello, what can I do for you." 
"Which room is Kim Kibum in?" Amber panted. As soon as the secretary mentioned a number, Amber went racing down the halls. 
Minutes later, she found room 34. 
Amber took a deep breath to calm herself. She fixed her short hair and her clothes, making sure she didn't look bad. Amber cleared and slid the door open. 
Amber walked in slowly and saw Key, peacefully sleeping with bruises and cuts on his face and and arms. Amber felt a stab at her heart. 
She quietly sat down on the chair beside the bed and gazed at Key's face intently, "Idiot." Amber said softly, "Sleeping here happily while I've been worried sick." Amber swallowed and took Key's hand in her's.
While she was staring at their interlaced hands, deep in thought, Key peeked an eye open to see that what he heard wasn't a dream. He smiled softly, feeling the familiar love and warmth that Amber usually gave him. 
"Kibum-ah." Amber started with a whisper, causing Key to close his eyes and resume his act, "Remember how we met?" Amber grinned, still not looking up. 
Key opened his eyes and looked at Amber's head with a smile.

Key walked through the halls proudly with his friends, who were also seniors, like him. 
Key saw a girl walking down the halls with short hair and a piercing gaze. The girl wore a white T-shirt and an un-buttoned red plaid top with the sleeves rolled up to her elbows. Above the plaid shirt was a sleek black leather vest.
Her legs were quite long, but most of her upper thighs was covered by the shirts and she wore loose, black skinny jeans paired with shiny, black combat boots. As she looked up her bangs swirved to the left, covering one of her eyes.
She looked unique. In a good way. 
She passed by Key without a single glance. As she passed by, her shoulder collided  into Jonghyun's, causing them both to land hard on the floor. 
Jonghyun blinked in confusion but quickly picked himself up. He dusted himself off and held his hand out, "Sorry, man. You okay?" 
Amber looked up at the iggnorantly smiling boy and smirked in amusement. She ignored his hand and got up on her own. Her eyes shifted to Key for the tiniest moment before she turned away and swaggered off. 

Later on that day, Key saw Amber again in P.E. 
The coach blew the whistle, "Alright, gather 'round." he shouted. The students gathered around the coach and the tomboy-ish girl standing next to him, "This is Amber. She's new here so let's welcome her with basketball!" the coach grinned with excitement as the students groaned in response. 
"Key! Amber!" coach barked, "Team captain's." 
Key looked at the pretty girl next to him and smiled. *I can show off my b-ball skills.* 

After teams were picked, nobody participated and since the coach had something to deal with, nobody made them. But there were two people on the court while the others watched, engrossed in the game between the new tomboy and one of the school's Kingka's. 
Key and Amber were panting breathlessly. Key's eyes were glued to the orange ball and was being dribbled back and forth Amber's skilled hands. 
"You're not bad..." Key admitted, still concentrated on the ball. 
"Yeah, well," Amber looked into Key's eyes with a playful glint, "you ." she grinned as she raced past Key and dunked the ball into the rim. 
Key stared in awe as Amber dangled from the rim, being held up by just her strong arms. 
Amber jumped down and turned around, walking towards Key. 
"Good game." Amber put a hand on his shoulder and smiled. 
As Key stared at her retreating figure, a smile tugged at his lips. He put a hand over his heart. It was pounding wildly against his chest. But somehow, he didn't think that it was from the basketball game.

*

Key chuckled quietly at the memory. 
He leaned forward to see Amber with her eyes closed and wet cheeks. Key propped his elbows on his crossed legs and put his head on his hands, staring at his adorable lover while she slept quietly.