Chapter Eighteen

A Marriage With The Arrogant Woo Jiho
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Eighteen

 

Jiho rolled over in his bed to find that no one was lying next to him; he felt a wave of disappointment wash over him. He already missed Mina and it's only been a week without her here, he felt cold laying there in bed all alone. Jiho barley got any sleep the entire week because his mind was clouded with Mina constantly.

 

Honestly, for the past week his thoughts have been all about Mina. How was she doing? What was she doing at that moment? Is she still mad? Why hasn't she called? All these questions managed to pop up into Jiho's head right before he was about to fall asleep, so he just laid there and thought about her until he was too exhausted to open his eyes anymore.

 

He hoped that U-Kwon was taking good care of Mina, Jiho met up with U-Kwon a day later after Mina left and told him everything. U-Kwon was understanding enough to promise Jiho that he’ll protect Mina and not say a single word to her.

 

Mina didn't need to worry about useless things like this and Jiho only hoped that Mina will stay safe with U-Kwon by her side, at least until all the complication of this case is over.

 

He really needed to fall asleep then because it was already pass one o'clock and his office duties awaits him the next day. But all he wanted to lie in bed and distract himself from his life. He just wanted Mina back in his arms and have her sleeping soundly next to him again, he missed her warmth dearly.

 

Jiho slowly closed his eyes but snapped them open again when he heard his cellphone ringing, groaning he reached over and accepted the call.

 

"They found a hand-print in your office. They said they'll be able to match it up with a name and face soon - I think you should come down to the station right now." Jay said as he looked at the hand-print, it was terribly hard to find this but the officers managed to sweep through the place and found it.

 

"I'll be there in ten." Jiho said as he got up and looked through his wardrobe to find something decent to wear, he decided on a simple T-shirt and jeans.

 

---

 

"What else is new besides the hand-print?" Jiho asked as he arrived, Jin and Jay were both there already standing around the officers as they explained something.

 

"They found a face to the hand-print; they're going to bring the person here for questioning soon." Jin said as he handed Jiho a cup of coffee, he needed the extra caffeine to night to be able to stay up.

 

"Thanks, let's hope that this person will spill everything and we'll get everything done with." Jiho sighed as he scanned through the information that the officers gathered up so far.

 

 

"I'm going to go get some more snacks, okay?" Mina said loudly so U-Kwon could hear her from the shower. She didn't wait for a response but threw on her coat and left the apartment, it was late but the corner store was so close so Mina didn't mind.

 

She walked down the dark street, barley lite by the lamps that stood on the sidewalk. Mina suddenly felt a cold chill down her spine, it must be the weather she thought. As she walked more down the block she could feel a pair of eyes on her, turning around quickly she was only met by the silent night.

 

Mina shrugged and continued walking; she was just paranoid due to the darkness of the streets. There seemed to be not a soul in the night, the silence around Mina was deafening. Mina stared up at the full moon that the sky had provided that night; it was beautiful and shone off its light so well. The stars were barley visible in the sky but they were still there, twinkling and greeting any late night owls.

 

Mina decided to listen to some music to block out the silence that surrounded her, the silence was only making her more paranoid then she already was. Reaching in her pocket she found that she didn't bring her phone with her, idiot, she scolded herself.

 

Well the way to the corner store is just a few more minutes away anyway. She didn't need to worry about anything else besides that and just keep focus and continue walking.

 

What Mina didn't know was that there was a pair of eyes on her, watching as she continued to walk down the dark path. Today was a bad day to go alone and it was a terrible decision to walk around in a deserted street.

 

Mina smiled as she breathed in the night air; it was refreshing to be outside in the nighttime. Mina somehow found herself wondering about Jiho, hoping that he was eating right, even though there was a nagging thought that Mina wanted to poison his food. She was, of course, still mad at the him. She expected him to call her the day after and apologize but as the days passed her hopes became lowered and eventually diminished. He could at least pay her a visit or something, but that didn’t happen. Even though Mina had the thoughts of being mad at Jiho she still had the overbearing feeling of missing him.

 

She missed seeing his face in the morning and she missed the way he smelled, it was a scent that she couldn't place her finger on but it was a wonderful smell that she wished she could bundled in forever. She never really missed someone as much as she missed Jiho; it was weird to say that she could manage to miss someone that she's only known for a few weeks.

 

Mina sighed as she tried to occupy her thoughts with someone else, or anything else so she didn't have to feel the small nagging feeling of him not missing her at all. The walk to the corner store seemed to be taking longer than usual; maybe she took a wrong route wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter