First Impression

Pinky Promise

With the luggage next to the door, Hyori and Daniel hugged Yoona and Yoogeun.  They had to go to Busan for a business trip and with the doctor's approval, Daniel was allowed to travel by car to Busan.  Yoogeun was going to miss his grandparents, but Yoona reminded him that it was only temporary.  It was only going to be three weeks and they would be back in time for his birthday party.  As soon as they left, Yoona led Yoogeun to the kitchen so that he could eat his breakfast.  One of the maids prepared their breakfast and Yoogeun ate it willingly.  Yoona never saw him eat with a big appetite.  Yoona heard distant chatting from about a room away.  She put down her fork stood up as she wiped the corners of with a napkin.

 

"Yoogeun, I'm going to check what's up.  Just continue eating," Yoona notified her son.

 

Yoogeun nodded and continued to eat his food.  Yoona crept out of the breakfast table and into the living room.  She saw Onew shyly approaching Luna.  Luna had her spectacles on and she was biting onto an apple.  She was reading a big book that seemed almost as big as her.  Yoona slyly grinned at the two.  She knew that they were both interested in each other.

 

"Uh…Luna sshi, I'm sorry to bother you," Onew timidly stated.

 

 

Luna had her earphones plugged into her ears and she didn't hear him.  She bobbed her head to the rhythm of the music and continued to scan through the pages of her book.  She took another bite into her apple and flipped the page.  Onew was going to walk away in discouragement.  Yoona predicted his action, so she took off her soft house slipper and threw it at Onew's head.  Onew cried out in pain and Luna sensed the moving object fly through the room.  Yoona grinned widely as Luna unplugged her earphones from her ears.  Onew was rubbing his head quickly as Luna wheezed.

 

"Oh, sorry Onew!" Yoona laughed hysterically, "I was walking and then my slipper just flew off of my foot.  I heard that you were trying to tell Luna something.  What was it?"

 

Onew glared at Yoona and discontinued his dirty look as soon as he saw Yoona's eyes glisten with slickness.  Yoona walked past the couple and made her way back to the kitchen.

 

"Go ahead and talk about whatever you want to say," Yoona nonchalantly called out, "I'll be in the kitchen."

 

Yoona hid behind a thick white column that connected the kitchen to the living room that they were in.  Yoona muffled her laughter with her sleeve to .  She eavesdropped in their conversation.

 

"What did you want to say, Onew sshi?" Luna asked.

 

Onew began to stutter, "Y-you see…our friend, Nicole, from Jeju Island is moving here to Seoul to continue as noona's model.  We're actually having a lunch date with her and since you'll be home alone with noona and Yoogeun this afternoon…I wanted…I mean the five of us wanted to know if you would be interested in coming with us…for lunch."

 

 

Yoona began to giggle despite her best efforts to hold in her laughter.  She began to remember how young love felt like.  That was what Onew and Luna were feeling.  They felt the butterflies and their heartbeats were in rhythm.  Yoona looked at the couple as Luna nodded timidly.  Yoona was hoping that they would be official soon.

 

Onew gave a smile of satisfaction after she nodded.  He heard Yoona's smothered laughs.  He leaned back and saw Yoona hiding behind the large column.  Yoona stopped her giggles and gave them an innocent smile.  Luna hid her face as Onew's jaw dropped.

 

"Noona, you're always meddling!" Onew cried out.

 

Yoona ran back to the breakfast table, "You two will thank me later!" 

 

Within two hours, the five men and Luna left for their lunch with Nicole.  Yoona was in the bathroom with Yoogeun while she bathed him.  Yoogeun shut his eyes tight as Yoona began to shampoo his hair.  He laughed as she rinsed off the suds off of his hair.  He splashed around the bathtub while he giggled.

 

"Umma, for my birthday, I know what I want!" he revealed.

 

"Really?  What do you want?" he asked.

 

Yoogeun grinned, "I want my appa!"

 

Yoona dropped the loofah and she heard it splash on the surface of the water.  She knew that one of the five men were up to it.  They probably talked to Yoogeun about his father.  Yoona took the loofah back into her hands and gave an uplifting smile.

 

"Your father is still in the military," Yoona fabricated.

 

 

"Oh," Yoogeun frowned, "When is appa coming back?"

 

Yoogeun took a towel and dried him gently, "Your appa will come back soon.   We just need to be patient!"

 

Yoona heard the doorbell ring.  She quickly dried Yoogeun and put him in his bathrobe.  She set him in the bedroom and walked down the flight of stairs.  She opened the door and was in shock to see Taeyang, Seungri, and Daesung waiting by the entrance.  Yoona opened the door wider and became slightly embarrassed.  Her hair was messy and she was wearing a loose red shirt and blue sweats.  She was barefooted.  She pushed her hair behind her ear and laughed nervously.

 

"Hey, guys.  What are you guys doing here?" Yoona wanted to know.

 

Daesung answered, "I'm sorry to bother you on your day off, but we wanted to know if Yoogeun is there.  We were all just so excited to meet our nephews.  We didn't know that we were uncles until yesterday and we just went wild with excitement!"

 

Yoona completely understood them.  She knew how left out they felt.  For almost three years, they had a nephew but didn't even know it half of the time.  Yoona invited them into the mansion and they sat down on a couch in the living room.  Yoona ran up the stairs and went to her bedroom.  She saw Yoogeun laying down on the bed with nothing but his bath robe.  Yoona quickly dressed him and combed his hair.  With his hair still wet, she walked down the stairs with him.  The three men saw the little boy walk down the stairs with Yoona.  They were in awe.  Taeyang and Daesung began to hug each other at the happiness they felt in seeing their handsome nephew.

 

 

"Wow, he's very cute!" Taeyang clapped his hands together.

 

Seungri's lips were shaking, "I feel so emotional!  I want to hug my nephew!"

 

Seungri ran towards Yoogeun and pulled him into his arms.  He carried him in the air and hugged him tightly.  Yoogeun was taken into shock and Yoona began to laugh at Yoogeun's sudden surprise.  

 

"I'm your uncle!" Seungri shouted loudly, "I'm the most handsome uncle!" 

 

Taeyang and Daesung stood up in objection, but decided to let him have the moment.  Taeyang and Daesung approached Yoogeun and gave him a hug.  Yoona crossed her arms as she beamed with delight.  She was finally happy that Yoogeun could meet some of his biological relatives.  When they put him down, Yoogeun ran to the pile of boxes that the three men carried in.  Yoogeun peeked and saw a bunch of toys and clothes.

 

"Uh, why'd you guys buy so many things for him?" Yoona was concerned, "I raised him so that he won't be spoiled or materialistic!"

 

Seungri laughed as he leaned his elbow on Yoona's shoulder.  

 

"Oh, our beautiful Yoong…don't be jealous!" Seungri raised an eyebrow.

 

He reached into his pocket and pulled out a pair of diamond earrings and handed it to her.  Yoona's eyes were about to bulge out of her eye sockets.  The diamonds on the earrings were extremely large and extravagant.  

 

"No, I can't accept it," Yoona shook her head, "It's too expensive."

 

Daesung laughed, "If you think that's expensive, you should see what I buy for my wife!"

 

Truth was that the Choi brothers bought anything for their loved ones.  Just like how Seunghyun bought many things for Hyuna, Daesung, Taeyang, and Seungri bought the finest things for Sooyoung, Yuri, and Seohyun despite their refusals to the gifts.  They shopped for clothes, jewelry, cars, and even property for their lovers.  Money was not an obstacle.

 

"I really can't accept it," Yoona refused again, "I don't feel comfortable accepting something so expensive.  I really don't want to take advantage of your kindness."

 

Taeyang and Seungri joined their conversation.  Yoogeun was too busy freaking out over his new toys and clothes that he didn't notice that his mother had rejected a pair of expensive earrings.  Taeyang took one earring while Daesung took the other one from Seungri's hands.  The two put in on her empty earlobes despite Yoona's attempt to stop them from putting it on her.  

 

"You look extremely beautiful," Taeyang smiled, "I don't know why you try to hide your beauty."

 

"You guys are exaggerating it," Yoona insisted.

 

Yoona felt the weight of the earrings on her earlobes.  The diamonds were heavy, but she was able to manage the weight.  She ran her fingers through the earrings and finally cracked a little smile.  She bowed to them with thankfulness.  They hugged her.

 

Yoogeun walked over to Seungri and poked his upper thigh.  Seungri looked down at his nephew and got on his level by crouching down.  Yoogeun kissed his cheek.  Seungri blushed as he rubbed his cheek.  Yoogeun then kissed Taeyang and Daesung on their cheeks as Yoona crossed her thin arms with a grin on her face.

 

"Thank you for the gifts, but I don't know you guys that much," Yoogeun pouted.

 

Taeyang stepped up, "I'm your Uncle Young Bae, but everyone calls me Taeyang because I shine like the sun!"

 

"My name is Seungri," Seungri winked.

 

"And I'm the most awesome uncle from the three of us!  My name is Daesung!" Daesung cheekily grinned.

 

Yoogeun was somewhat confused.  He cupped his chin as he tried to figure out how they could be his uncles.

 

"My umma has brothers?" he asked.

 

Seungri chuckled, "No, we're your appa's brothers!"

 

Yoona's eyes grew wide and covered Seungri's mouth.  She gave Yoogeun a smile as she laughed nervously.

 

"Your uncles are waiting for your appa to return to us after he gets back from the military," Yoona made up.

 

The three understood what Yoona was trying to do.  They understood that Yoona used the military story as a coverup for his father's absence.  Yoona looked at the watch and saw that it was an hour after twelve.  The sun was still bright, but Yoogeun had to take his nap soon.  His ritual was that he watched his favorite cartoon before he took his nap.

  

"Yoogeun ah," Yoona chimed, "Go ahead and watch your cartoons before you take your nap.  I need to talk to your uncles!"

 

Yoogeun followed her orders and nodded.   He walked to the television room on the bottom floor with the assistance of a maid.  As soon as he left, Yoona put all the toys and clothes that the three bought in an organized pile.  

 

"Thank you for everything," Yoona bowed again.

 

"Oh, don't think of it!" Taeyang grinned, "We're just happy that we got to meet our nephew.  He's adorable and I'm glad that he's not spoiled.

 

Daesung added in, "Yeah, I thought that you would have spoiled him rotten!  I'm glad that he was appreciative of what we bought him."

 

"I try my best," Yoona boasted, "I didn't want him growing up being materialistic, but all the things you guys bought him didn't help!"

 

"Sorry," Daesung apologized with joviality in his voice.

 

Yoona really missed them.  She remembered the first time she met them.  She felt so welcomed and she enjoyed their company.  Now things were more complicated.  She was no longer Seunghyun's best friend.  She was now the mother of his son.  Yoona sensed the sudden awkwardness and folded her hands together.

 

"Are you guys hungry?  Yoogeun and I had lunch already, but we still have some food left," Yoona offered.

 

The three men rejected the offer politely.

 

"We had lunch before we came here," they informed her.

 

Yoona smiled and sat down on a chair as the guys took a seat on a couch.  Yoona stretched her arms out as she heard the theme song to one of Yoogeun's cartoons echo out of the television room.  She had a satisfied look on her face.

 

"Thanks for visiting," Yoona finally stated, "I know that he's happy that he got to meet some more relatives.  He didn't know many relatives throughout his life."

 

"He acts just like hyung.  Whenever I look at him, I can't help but become reminded of hyung," Seungri complimented.

 

Yoona remained silent as she began to think of him.  He was so different that she wasn't sure if she would ever get back on the level that they were in long ago.

 

"How is he?" Yoona asked.

 

She felt stupid for asking them that when she just saw him the day before.  

 

"Well, he's very different now," Seungri informed her, "All of us actually enlisted in the military and was released last year.  He was well enough to complete his two years of mandatory service.  He's friendlier because he secretly hopes that anyone from his past can bring him back a memory.  He gets really happy when he remembers something, but most of the time, he just gets frustrated that he doesn't remember the big parts."

 

"Yoona ah, don't you pity him?  You two went through so much in the past," Daesung softly spoke.

 

Yoona's teeth collided with each other as she accused Seunghyun of telling his brothers about everything.  She thought that he was a more private person.  She never thought that he would share their experiences together.

 

"I'm going to kill him," Yoona gritted her teeth.

 

"Ew!  I didn't mean it that way!" Daesung revolted, "I meant the relationship that you two had!"

 

Taeyang nodded, "Yeah, he wouldn't shut up about how beautiful you were.  He was always bragging about how great you were."

 

"Really?" Yoona asked in wonder.

 

"Yup!" Seungri agreed, "He could not stop talking about you.  You should have seen him when he had to leave.  He would lock himself in his rooms for hours."

 

Daesung slapped Seungri's arm and gave him a signal to shut up.  Yoona knew that they didn't know that she had knowledge of the real reason to his departure.  

 

"Don't worry.  He told me that he left the woman he loved for his family's company.  He told me that he left the woman that he loved because he didn't want her to wait for him for five years," Yoona illuminated.

 

Daesung folded his fingers together, "Wow, this is awkward…"

 

Taeyang was known for being a gentleman, but his mind had so many thoughts that had to be heard.  He clenched his jaw and stood up.

 

"If you know, then why don't you go after him?!  He's with the wrong woman and you know that you're the one he loves!  Why don't you confess to him?!  What if he gets married and he finds out in the middle of his marriage that Yoogeun is his?!  He'll be stuck in a rut!" Taeyang exclaimed.

 

"Just like your mother said, if it's meant to be, then so be it," Yoona reminded him.

 

Yoona didn't believe in destiny, but she was enlightened by the idea of it.  Maybe destiny existed and created their past together so that Yoona could be blessed with a bright son.  

_________________________________________

One week had passed and Yoona finally finished her masterpiece.  She put together the last piece and put it on the mannequin that was in her office in the mansion.  She grinned at the final outcome as she took a step back to see the whole picture.  His debut outfit was finally ready.  Of course she still had to make a few other outfits for him for his other performances, but getting the first one done was always rewarding.  Yoona heard the door creak open.  She looked at the unexpected visitor and saw Key in a pair of basketball shorts and a white v-neck.  Yoona beckoned for him to come in.

 

"Wow, noona!  It looks great," he complimented.

 

Yoona smiled, "Thank you!  I'm actually proud of my work."

 

Yoona observed him and saw that he looked troubled.  He looked confused about something.  He sat down on a leather couch and leaned his head on his palm as his body was supported by his elbows.  He stared out the window and then a small grin appeared on his flawless face.

 

"Yah, something is troubling you," Yoona said as she took the clothes off the mannequin.

 

Key was on his toes after he heard Yoona's observation.  He cleared his throat nervously and then sighed.

 

"Noona, something's troubling me," he disclosed.

 

Yoona knew what he was going to say.  He had two secrets that he was hiding the whole time.  The other four never acknowledged it because they didn't have a woman's intuition.  Women were more observant than men, and Yoona already forecasted what he was going to say.

 

"Well none of them know this, but when I was a teenager, I secretly self-proclaimed myself to be gay," Key looked down at his knees.

 

Yoona already knew it.  When she first met him, two possibilities rang in her mind:  he was either really feminine or gay.  Yoona nodded signaling that she was listening to him.  She was folding the clothes and put it on top of her desk.

 

"I already know," Yoona assured him, "Don't be ashamed of it.  I think I know where your story is going, but I want you to tell me first.  If I'm wrong, it would be kind of awkward."

 

"Was I that predictable?!" Key freaked out.

 

"No, you weren't.  I know that Onew, Minho, Taemin, and Jonghyun don't know that you proclaimed yourself as gay because they never stop and recognize the obvious facts.  I also know that you aren't interested in any of them," Yoona unfolded, "You only see them as brothers.  Now tell me what else is bothering you."

 

Key bit his lip nervously, "Noona, tell me where you think this talk is going to go."

 

Yoona gave him an encouraging smile.

 

"I think that a complication that you never thought would happen has come up," Yoona guessed, "You're worried about something right now, and before, you never had a problem with yourself.  Something unexpected popped up, and my guess is that you're in love.  You have always been interested in the same , but now, you're in love with a woman.  I know that you're confused."

 

"Noona's a mind reader," Key grumbled.

 

"Yes, and that's why you're under my ruling!" Yoona kidded, "Well, my observations go to the theory that you're in love with our very own Ms. Nicole.  I always see you staring at her when you thought no one was looking."

 

"Noona, what should I do?  My feelings are mixed!  I don't know who I am anymore!" Key was going to cry.

 

Yoona began to think, "First of all, you need to ask yourself why you like her."

 

"I like her because she's so bubbly and cute.  She has a lot of talent and she's a very nice person," Key smiled.

 

"Does she make you happy?" Yoona interrogated.

 

"Yeah," Key folded his arms together, "Even if I'm mean to her, she's the one that keeps coming back.  A lot of models quit our business because of me, but she's the only one that stuck with us since the beginning."

 

Yoona couldn't help but think of how adorable he was acting.  He was bringing out all her good qualities and stating it over a short period of time.  Yoona knew that his interest and love for Nicole was true.  They had known each other for at least two years.

 

"I advise you to go for it.  Please learn from my mistakes," Yoona took his hand and put it over her hand, "I wasn't daring when it came to love, and I want you to do the opposite of what I did."

 

"I think you mean that you want me to do the opposite of what you're currently doing," Key corrected her.

 

Yoona rolled her eyes, "Whatever!  It's the same thing!"

 

Key laughed, "Nope!  You need to be daring, too.  You need to tell Yoogeun's father that he is the father.  I know that you still love him.  I know that you love the other guy too, but just remind yourself of who you truly love.  It's possible to love two people at the same time, but you can never love them at the same level.  Whoever you love the most is the one for you."

 

"Don't lecture me!" Yoona scolded.

 

"Thank you, noona," Key smiled, "I think I'm going to tell Nicole how I feel tonight."

 

Yoona hugged him, "Go for it.  And I'll keep this whole conversation as our little secret."

 

"You're the best," he cried out as he exited the room.

 

Yoona got a phone call on her cellphone as she put away the clothes that she had made.  Yoogeun was in the park with Minho.  Yoona took her phone from the wooden desk and answered it.  

 

"Hello, this is Im Yoona," Yoona answered.

 

"Oh, Yoona!" she heard a familiar voice, "Can I come to your house?  You told me that you would have the clothes done by today.  My stage is going to be in a few days, and I would like to see how it looks."

 

Yoona grew worried, "Seunghyun sshi, I'll just come to your office with the clothes!"

 

"But I'm already in the front yard!" he laughed, "Open the door please."

 

Yoona hung up the phone and ran to the door.  She saw him through the peephole of the door.  There seemed to be someone behind him.  Yoona was hoping that it wasn't Hyuna.  She didn't want to see her with him. 

 

 

She opened the door and saw Seunghyun with Jiyong.  Jiyong had a mischievous smile on his face.  Yoona frowned at him and bowed to the both of them.

 

"It's nice to see you, Seunghyun sshi and Jiyong sshi," Yoona bowed her head.

 

She led the two men into her little office/studio and unfolded the clothes that she had made.  Seunghyun was in awe to see the beautiful work that she had done.  Jiyong peeked and saw how specific and exact it was.  It was the same exact shade Seunghyun wanted it to be in.  The stitching was amazing and the design was magnificent.  

 

"Seunghyun sshi, there's a bathroom across the hall.  You can try it on if you like," Yoona offered.

 

He nodded happily and took the clothes into his hands.  He walked out of the room leaving Jiyong and Yoona together.  Yoona crossed her arms as she hummed a tune aloud.  Her back faced Jiyong who was trying to start a conversation.  

 

"So…how are things?" he asked.

 

Yoona turned around with a scowl, "What are you doing?  Why did you go with him here?  Why are you even working with him!  I thought you hated him!"

 

"Hm, that may be so, but remember that I used to be his friend before he met you," Jiyong waved his finger back and forth, "And you're probably surprised that I'm working with him.  I'm going to work with him because he's a great business partner.  I know that with him, we'll dominate the music charts."

 

"You're only going to work with him because it will benefit your career then?" she defended.

 

"You put it in such a bad way," he replied, "Everything is all business."

 

 

"Oh, yeah.  I completely forgot," Yoona shrugged, "All you care about is your career."

 

Jiyong seemed hurt by her words.  He knew that she still had hate in her heart after he left her.  He knew that she held a grudge against him.  Jiyong found it unbelievable that Seunghyun didn't remember a single thing from the past.  It gave him an advantage because he didn't remember the part where Seunghyun gave Yoona to him, but he left despite his promises to make her happy.

 

"Are you mad that I'm dating someone?  You looked pretty pissed off in the supermarket!" Jiyong told her.

 

Yoona nodded, "Now that you mention it, yes!  I am mad!  She told me three years ago that she didn't even like you!  How can you two end up together?"

 

"What are you talking about?  She was in an intern in my management company's headquarter's in Korea," he explained.

 

Yoona's head began to hurt.  She didn't even want to hear anything that came out of his mouth.

 

"Whatever," Yoona hissed, "Just do whatever you want.  I don't care anymore."

 

Seunghyun walked into the room with a big grin on his face.  He looked delighted in the final work.  Yoona saw that there was a wrinkle in the jacket and Yoona unwrinkled it carefully.  Seunghyun looked at the mirror.

 

"Jiyong ah, I bet you're jealous!" Seunghyun rubbed it in his face playfully.

 

"Yes, I am," he admitted, "I think your outfit is better than mine."

 

Seunghyun walked to Yoona and hugged her tightly.  She gasped out in surprise to feel her whole body being lifted.  His embrace lifted her up so high that her toes were a few inches above the floor.  She looked horrified as Jiyong watched in jealousy.  Seunghyun remembered that she told him that a friendship between them would never work.  He gently put her down.  He was surprised that she was that light.

 

 

Yoona straightened out her skirt and cleared .  Yoona heard someone running around in the hallway.  The white door opened and Minho and Yoogeun entered the room.  Minho was shocked to see Seunghyun, Jiyong, and Yoona in one room.  Yoogeun walked straight to his mother and kissed her cheek.

 

"Umma…me and hyung…we had fun today!  We went on the slide!  We went on the swings, and then we played tag," Yoogeun breathed heavily.

 

Yoona was concerned.

 

"You had his inhaler in case he needed it right?" Yoona asked Minho.

 

Minho nodded as he waved the inhaler in his palm.  Seunghyun observed the little boy and he noticed that Yoona was acting as if she was trying to hide him from them.  It was as if she was covering Yoogeun with her body.  Yoona became worried as she saw Seunghyun focusing on her—their son.  He didn't know it, but Yoogeun was his.  Yoona became worried as Seunghyun approached Yoogeun.  

 

Seunghyun didn't know that Yoona was a mother.  He thought she was living the life of a single designer, but he guessed wrong. She had a child.  Seunghyun's first impression on Yoona's son was that Yoogeun reminded him of himself when he was a child.

 

"We have some similarities," Seunghyun softly told Yoogeun.

 

Yoona felt her heart drop.

 

________________________

A/N:  Thanks for reading! ^^

 

Please comment and subscribe! :D

 

Btw, I'm really starting to miss Daesung.  I miss his laugh! :(

I remember I laughed a lot in this scene because of him.  I just hope that he's doing well.