Hurting

Pinky Promise

The three days that Seunghyun spent in China went by slowly for him.  He was making arrangements for his house there and it did kind of hurt him to have to lie to Yoona that he was on vacation there to visit a distant aunt.  Yoona on the other hand was working on a dress that she designed.  The school year was officially over and the college seniors graduated.  That included Seunghyun, Jaejoong, Taeyang, and Hyun Joong.

Yoona was sewing the last few details to the dress until she pricked her finger.  She let out a little sigh and took a tissue to cover the blood up.  She put a band aid and continued to sew the dress.  She  needed it done by tonight.  Jessica and Yuri were hovering around her which bothered her.  They were such a big distraction when they were trying to have fun.  Jessica threw the ball to Yuri, who missed it.  Jessica laughed at Yuri and Yuri stuck her tongue out.  

"Yah, shut up for a while!" Yoona requested.

"Why do you need to make a dress for yourself?" Yuri questioned.

Jessica added, "Yeah, you could always dip into your daddy's bank account and buy a dress in Prada, Chanel, or something."

Yoona shook her head.  Her father gave her a monthly allowance that allowed her to buy one hundred name brand dresses if she wanted.  She just wanted to try something different.  She always liked designing clothes, but she never actually took the dress and brought it to life.  This was the first dress that she had made.  Once she finished, she held it out in victory.  She smiled as Jessica and Yuri crowded around her.  The dress was simply beautiful.  It was a strapless white dress.  The charity event that they planned on attending had a dress code of full white formal attire.  Yoona smiled at her finished work.

"Yah, remind me to ask Yoona to make me a wedding dress when I get married," Yuri whispered to Jessica.

"Well, we better get ready," Jessica announced as she clapped her hands together, "The charity event is in a few  hours.  Sunny's father is running it and we must be there to donate the money we raised from the bake sales, car washes, and fund raisers we had."

Along with Tiffany and Sooyoung, the three went to a salon to get ready.  Hyoyeon, Seohyun, Sunny, and Taeyeon got ready in a different salon.  Tiffany blew her wet nails.  They were colored pink and it matched her white dress that she was going to wear.  All of them got their nails done and then their hair was fixed.  After they were done with the makeup, they paid and left.  When they reached their condo, Yoona got dressed and put on her dress.  She put on a pair of silver heels and began to walk with them on to get used to it.  She put on a platinum bracelet and a ring.

"Unnie, where did you get that ring from?" Seohyun questioned.

The ring was on her left ring finger and it was a simple platinum ring.  There wasn't even a diamond on it.  Yoona smiled.

"Oppa gave it to me," Yoona said quietly.

Tiffany, Sooyoung, Jessica, and Yuri had the ears of a police trained canine.  They heard Yoona telling the maknae that someone had given  her a ring.  They rushed to her and began to gasp at the sight of it.  Yoona tried to hide her hand behind her back, but the girls kept on pulling it out to look at the ring.

"Yah, leave me alone!" Yoona ordered.

Tiffany gushed, "I bet Jiyong oppa gave that to you!  He's famous for wearing platinum in America!"

"No, it's from Seunghyun!" Jessica guessed.

"I feel like a lone wolf without Taeyeon, Hyoyeon, and Sunny on my side," Tiffany pouted.

Yoona escaped them when the subject was suddenly changed to Tiffany and Hyun Joong.  The subject changed from Yoona's ring to the seniors graduating.  Tiffany, Taeyeon, and Yuri were saddened that they wouldn't see Hyun Joong, Jaejoong, and Taeyang as much because of that.  Of course, it was crucial for Yuri to continue seeing Taeyang because they were still talking and they weren't official yet.  The girls soon left for the charity event.  

The grand doors to the ballroom the charity event was held in was opened by a pair of men working their shift.  When Yoona looked around, all she saw was white.  She saw people wearing white.  She saw that the interior designing was white, and even the entrees and appetizers were white.  The charity revolved around abused children and to show the significance of their innocence, the color theme was white.  White symbolized the purity the children had and are born with.

Yoona sat on the table with her closest friends and they all finished their dessert.  The meal was exceptionally delicious.  Once the donations were made, people began to linger around.  Yoona went to get some refreshments and was greeted by a very handsome man. Yoona couldn't get over how cute his face was.  He was a grown man, but he had a baby face.  Yoona bowed to him and his friends.

"Hi, miss.  My name is Nichkhun.  These are my friends:  Jo Kwon, Taecyeon, and Junho," he greeted.

His dark brown hair matched with his brown eyes.  Yoona embarrassed herself because she was staring at his face for too long. She blushed as she noticed how rude she was looked.  She shook their hands.

"My name is Im Yoona," she greeted back.

Yoona quickly befriended them.  Yoona knew that they were friendly men that had no real intention on hitting on her.  Yoona looked around as some classical music began to play from a live band.  She saw that all of her friends had someone to dance with.  Yoona saw someone offer his hand to her.  She looked up at his face and saw Nichkhun smiling at her.  She took his hand and accepted the offer.  It was just a friendly dance anyways.

Once they got on the dance floor, Yoona put one hand into his and the other hand on his shoulder.  They kept their distance so that their bodies weren't too close.  Yoona gave him a platonic smile.  

"I'm surprised you asked me to dance," Yoona admitted.

Nichkhun grinned, "I wouldn't want one of the prettiest girls in the party to go through the evening without a dance."

Yoona thanked him silently.  She suddenly froze and her body refused to move to the rhythm of the music.  Nichkhun was alarmed, and began to ask her what was wrong.  Yoona fixed her eyes on a couple.  She didn't dare to blink and she refused to take in the image for her brain to process.  Her eyes began to glaze with tears, but she smiled so that the tears wouldn't fall.  She bowed to Nichkhun and apologized.  She walked away and went into the women's restroom.  She saw a familiar face just enter the event, but she ignored him and continued to make her way to the restroom.  

"Yoona, where are you going?!" he asked.

Yoona shook her head and began to run to the ladies' room.  The ladies' room was empty, but he kept on following her.  Yoona tried shutting the door but she didn't reach success.  He stepped in before she could lock the door.  She tried covering the tears that were about to fall.  She cleared as she stared at herself in the mirror.

"What's wrong?" Jiyong asked.

Yoona laughed, "Jiyong, you should leave.  You're in the ladies' room!"

"Yoona, stop putting on a brave face.  Something happened, huh?" he questioned.

"Nothing happened!" Yoona screamed as a few teardrops escaped from her eyes.

Jiyong hated to see her like this.  He opened the door to the ladies' room a little and saw Seunghyun on the main floor.  Jiyong automatically knew why she was crying.  She just saw Seunghyun with another woman.  Yoona leaned her back against the wall and slowly fell to the floor.  Her head was facing the floor as she slouched.  Teardrops kept on falling on her beautiful dress.  Jiyong peeked some more and saw Seunghyun's hand around a woman's waist.  It was dangerously low.  He was whispering something in her ear and Jiyong thought that he might as well be nuzzling her neck.  He closed the door and locked it.  He went by Yoona's side and hugged his best friend.  She muffled her cries onto his jacket.  Yoona tried pulling away from him because her makeup was getting smeared on his white jacket.  Jiyong pulled her head back and allowed her to cry on his jacket.

"It's only a suit.  I can always buy a new one.  You're the only girl best friend I have, so just cry and let out your feelings," he encouraged her.

Yoona couldn't believe what she just saw.  No one knew, but when she saw them, they were so touchy.  The woman was so beautiful that Yoona immediately felt like trash.  Her dress was backless and it revealed her flawless milky skin.  Her hair was short, but she suited it.  She tiptoed and kissed him on the lips. Instead of pulling away like how the Seunghyun that Yoona knew would do, he smiled and kissed her back.  He did it on his own free will.  Yoona tried to breathe.

"I am tired of being played with," Yoona whispered to Jiyong.

Jiyong understood her.  Seunghyun and he were the only guys that Yoona approved of to be significant in her life.  She only let two guys get that close to her, and they both played her like a doll.  Jiyong hated to admit it, but he played with her more.  He took her for granted when he would date other girls.  He knew that she liked him, but he ignored it because he knew that she would always be by his side no matter what happened.  

"I'm sorry," he apologized.

"It's not fair.  Am I an easy girl?  You and Seunghyun always play with me.  I withered down to nothing but a rag doll," she cried silently.

"You're not a rag doll, Yoona.  It's just that I never realized how great of a woman you are.  I bet Seunghyun doesn't realize it yet, either," Jiyong told her.

Yoona shook her head, "No, I'm not a great woman.  I put my best efforts into the both of you.  In high school, I did whatever you wanted. I stayed by your side, I talked to you on the phone when you were bored, and I put you first in my priorities.  When that didn't work out, Seunghyun came into my life, and I changed for him.  I became a better person, but that's still not good enough!  Why can't I be a woman that a man would want to stick with?!"

Jiyong felt so apologetic for her.  She was a mess and it was as if she had everything building up inside of her.  She was a broken woman, and the cause were two men.  She began to cry more and the mascara she wore was running like a river.  Jiyong took a handkerchief and began wiping her tears away.

_____________________________

Jiyong angrily got out of his car and marched to the extravagant mansion.  He pounded his fists on the doors and a tall man answered them.  He was still wearing what he wore in the charity event minus the blazer.  Jiyong grabbed his collars and started to breath heavily.  The anger inside of him was growing faster and faster.  Seunghyun was composed and held an emotionless face.

"Why the hell did you do that to her?!" Jiyong yelled.

Seunghyun took Jiyong's hands and brushed it off of him.  He swallowed and looked around before locking eyes with Jiyong.  He looked so furious and worked up.  A small smile formed on Seunghyun's face.

"I'm glad that you care about her," Seunghyun said.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Jiyong questioned.

"You already know this!  I'm going to leave and I want her to move on.  You need to heal her!  I don't want to keep her on a leash for five years when I'm in China!  That will only cause her more pain!" he argued.

"The pain that she's going through is too much!  She cried during the charity event!  After I tried comforting her, she didn't change!  She was still crying and she was still hurt!  She even ran off and I don't know where she went!  I contacted Taeyeon, and they're still searching for her!  She has been missing for the past three hours.  Who knows where she is?!" Jiyong cried out.

Seunghyun became stern, "How can you let her run out on you?!  I knew that she would be crying after what she saw today, but you should have never let her run out by herself!  She's a freaking maniac when she's upset!"

"I don't care if I get her in the end anymore.  All I want is her to be safe and sound.  You have to help me find her!" Jiyong offered.

Seunghyun smiled once again and it seemed to irritate Jiyong.  Jiyong questioned how he could be smiling when he knew that Yoona was out somewhere missing.  Seunghyun looked down at the floor and tried to think of what to say.

"I can't help.  I'm sorry.  I know that you can do it, and I can't because if I do, it'll give her some hope.  It's really hard trying to act like a douche bag, and if I help find her, it would make me look like I care about her.  Don't get me wrong.  I do care about her, but to care for her, I must act like I don't," Seunghyun replied.

"What are you saying?!" Jiyong ruffled his hair.

"It's complicated.  I know.  Good luck finding her," Seunghyun bowed, "I'm glad that you'll be the man that takes care of her once I leave.  You're even willing to give up on her just for her safety.  I made a great choice to leave her to you."

Seunghyun then shut the door leaving Jiyong alone outside.  Jiyong kicked a rock and dug his hands into his pockets.

"Yeah, you're the doing the same thing for her.  You're willing to give her up just for her happiness," Jiyong muttered to himself.

_____________________________

Yoona stared up at the sky and gazed at the moon.  Her eyes were still filled with tears and she continued to mope about what just happened.  Everyone was looking for her, and it was ironic because she was not even a mile away from them.  She was on the roof of the condo quietly hidden so that the girls wouldn't spot her.  She needed time alone and she knew that she wouldn't get it if she went inside.  

She felt completely worthless, and to make it worst, she was starving.  She didn't eat for more than three hours.  She held her stomach while it growled at her for not feeding herself.  She closed her eyes.  She was craving food and she needed it.  Her regular eating routine called for her to eat two hours after dinner and she was one hour late.  She was too stubborn to come down and get food.  People would question where she was and why she ran away.  She ignored her hunger and continued to stare out at the city lights. 

The first thing she did was compare herself to the girl Seunghyun was kissing.  She was probably the same height as Yoona.  Yoona felt ugly at the thought of comparing herself to her.  Maybe Seunghyun met her in China.  She looked kind of Chinese.  Yoona put her head down while she passed by the thought that maybe Seunghyun grew tired of her.  He grew tired of her just like how she grew tired of waiting for Jiyong.  Of course the feelings for Jiyong were still there, but she thought that the feelings Seunghyun had for Yoona were completely gone.  

She watched the eight girls walk back and forth until they all went back into their condo.  Yoona was intrigued to see a delivery truck pull up on the driveway.  Five men got out of the truck with a bunch of food in their hands.  Yoona smelled the aroma and guessed that there was pork, chicken, and beef.  Yoona her lips as she smelled it even more.  The food was being delivered to her condo!  She got a text and read it.

Choi Seunghyun:  Yoona ah.  Go inside your condo.  I know you're on the rooftop.  I ordered food and I know you're hungry.  Hurry up and eat before your sisters eat everything.  Good night.

She rolled her eyes.  She was way too stubborn to go down and eat.  She then saw another guy come out of the truck with a whole roasted pig.  She knew that Sooyoung would devour it with or without her.  Yoona rolled her fists in a ball and finally gave in.

"I'm coming for my pork!" Yoona screamed as she ran down the stairs.

_____________________________

"Why do you always think that she'll give up just for food?" Seungri asked Seunghyun.

Seunghyun put his phone away and gave a smile.  Taeyang, Seungri, and Daesung knew that he was going to China already.  They swore to help him from blowing his cover.  They also knew about his plan on leaving her with thoughts that Seunghyun was the biggest jerk.

"You know it doesn't help that you sent food to her condo as a trap to get her home.  She'll think you care.  And you told Jiyong you weren't going to help," Taeyang interjected.

"I know.  That's why I'm going to have to be even more cruel to her.  As long as I know that she's safe, I'm okay.  Jiyong will be happy to know that I helped.  He probably learned that food is her weakness," Seunghyun answered.

Daesung shook his head, "Hyung, I think you should just tell her.  You're hurting the both of you."

Seunghyun rejected it, "It will hurt her less if I did this.  Besides, she has Jiyong now.  I know that he'll take care of her for me."

_____________________________

Sorry this chapter is kinda short. :)  See you guys in the next chapter! :D