Maknae Couple

Pinky Promise

The mansion was finally filled with laughter and riot.  Ever since she moved out, Daniel had to admit that it was more lonely.  He was against her moving out the first time she announced it.  She was fresh out of high school, but she insisted on moving out so that she can gain some freedom and responsibility.  She agreed to stay at his house for a few days since her father missed her so much.  There was no school and Yoona decided to tag Jessica along with her.  Jessica and Yoona were getting settled in Yoona's old bedroom.  

Hyori had visited upon Daniel's request.  Yoona accepted and approved of them dating.  Daniel had not dated since Yoona's mother died, so he was extremely happy to be seeing Hyori.  Yoona put down her bag full of clothes and then flopped on her bed in exhaustion.  Jessica laid next to her on the bed and gave a little smile.  Yoona shifted to her side and rested her head on her hand.

"Unnie, you haven't dated anyone since Jaebeom oppa," Yoona pointed out.

Jessica laughed, "Yes, that's true."

"Why is that?  You could have any guy you want.  You're so pretty and a lot of guys have tried to pursue you.  In our group, Taeyeon has Jaejoong.  Sunny has Sungmin, Sooyoung is with Daesung, Seohyun is being pursued by Seungri, and Tiffany is still with Hyun Joong.  Hyoyeon has been together with Eunhyuk for so long, and Yuri and Taeyang are talking.  Don't you ever get lonely?" Yoona asked.

"Hm, not really.  You were on the same boat as me not too long ago.  I don't think you were complaining about being single, but it would be nice to have a boyfriend.  I guess it's just not meant to be at the moment," Jessica said, "Why do you ask?"

"It's just that you're the one from the nine of us that went through the hardest breakup.  I want to know how it feels," Yoona smiled weakly.

Jessica stared at the ceiling and closed her eyes.  Yoona saw her swallow as Jessica tried to recollect all the bad memories.  Yoona almost felt sorry for reminding her of that break up in high school.  Jessica didn't mind because she was over him.  It was his lost and there was nothing to do but realize that she just had to move on.

"He left me during our senior year in high school for an American girl in New York.  The pain was excruciating.  I felt  ugly and stupid.  I didn't feel good enough because if I was, he would have never left me.  Yoona, all of us will be heartbroken sometime in our life.  We will feel lost, and that's how I realized something about myself.  I learned that people should never go into a relationship without being happy with themselves.  A girl's source to happiness shouldn't rely on that special guy but on herself.  If she doesn't rely on herself as the source of happiness, she's going to go through heartbreak.  A guy causes so many problems.  When he messes up, you'll cry.  When he lies, you'll cry.  If he cheats, you'll cry," Jessica smoothly said.

Yoona tried to comprehend, "So, you didn't do that?"

"No, I didn't," Jessica clarified, "I depended on Jaebeom, and I honestly thought we were going to last.  I relied on him to give me happiness, and I got hurt when he cheated on me.  That's why I want you to be happy because you love yourself.  You can't love someone else if you don't love yourself.  It may sound conceited, but it's the truth."

_________________________________

Seunghyun knew that Yoona was going to return to her father's house for a few days.  He sighed to himself and put his head down.  He hated the situation he was in.  He didn't remember everything that he did during the bonfire party.  All he remembered was bits and pieces and he thought that he probably did something stupid.  He shook his head to shake away the thoughts in his head.  He swallowed nervously because he remembered that he told Yoona that he loved her.  It was all going to go to waste.  He knocked on a wooden door and it was answered.

"Seunghyun?" Jiyong asked.

Seunghyun nodded and gave him a polite smile.  The two men were friends at one point, but they turned into rivals for her love.  They didn't announce it to each other, but they both knew it.  A scowl was visible on Jiyong's flawless face as he stared back at Seunghyun.  

"Can I come in?" Seunghyun asked, "I need to talk to you about something."

Jiyong nodded as Seunghyun entered the house.  The two men sat in the living room and Seunghyun smiled to see a puppy running around the house.  The puppy then slipped because of the slippery surface on the marble tiles.  Seunghyun intertwined his fingers together and looked down on his fingers.  Jiyong seemed impatient, but he tried to cover it up.  He poured Seunghyun some tea and Seunghyun thanked him.  

"I want to talk about Yoona," Seunghyun started.

"I don't intend on giving up on her," Jiyong crossed his arms.

Seunghyun nodded signaling that he fully understood that he wasn't going to.  He knew that Jiyong was the persistent type.  He was the type that would never give up unless he died.  Jiyong observed Seunghyun and tried to figure him out.  Why did he even come here to talk about Yoona?  He knew that Seunghyun wanted something.

"I know that you really love Yoona," Seunghyun told him.

Jiyong nodded, "Yes, I really do love her."

"I'm sorry for taking her away from you during the party.  I came here with good intentions," Seunghyun promised.

"Please just get to the point," Jiyong requested.

Seunghyun took a deep breath and closed his eyes.  He couldn't believe that he was going to do this.

"I'm going to give you Yoona.  I'm going to let go of her," Seunghyun announced.

"Mwuh?" Jiyong was uttered.

Seunghyun looked pained, "Yes, you heard correct.  I'll give up on her under two conditions."

Jiyong knew that there was a catch to it.  He was contemplating whether he was lying to him or not, but he decided to hear the conditions. It didn't hurt to hear.

"What are they?" Jiyong asked.

"I'll give up on her if you treat her right.  Don't leave her and keep her happy.  Make sure to buy her food when she's mad or sad.  Make sure she goes to all her classes.  Just make sure that she's happy," Seunghyun pleaded.

"What's the next condition?" Jiyong interrogated.

Seunghyun gave a little smile, "I want one final day with her.  I want to spend the whole day with her tomorrow.  I don't want you to interrupt, and I don't want you to bug her later how it went.  I want to enjoy a good day with her."

Jiyong became confused.  He scratched his head in bewilderment at Seunghyun.  Why was he giving up on her?  He couldn't figure out why and his curiosity level was shooting through the roof.  Jiyong approached him and looked at his eyes to check if he was serious.  He looked dead serious.

"I'll let you take her on a date and I'll take care of her right after, but I need to know why.  Why are you suddenly leaving her?  Do you even love her?" Jiyong became defensive.

"I really do love her.  I loved her more than Sara, and you already know how much I loved Sara.  It's just that she won't be happy with me. I need to go to China for five years, and I don't want her to be miserable.  I don't want her waiting on me for five years.  If she starts to develop feelings for me, she'll get hurt to know that I'm leaving," Seunghyun explained.

"Why are you going to China?" Jiyong questioned.

"My family's company is decreasing in stock slowly.  I have a five year plan that includes four merges.  My family's company predicts that it will take five years for those merges to happen.  My mother can't go because she's not well enough to travel on a plane.  I'm the oldest of her sons, so I am going to take responsibility of it.  Even my brothers don't know about my plans," Seunghyun confessed, "When Yoona asks why I'm acting like a jerk after our one day together, I want you to act as if you don't know.  I don't want her to know that I'm going to China because I have to.  It would hurt less for her if she thinks of me as a jerk when I leave.  I already planned on telling her that I have found someone new."

It was going to be hard to act as if Seunghyun found someone better than Yoona.  Yoona was the best to him.

Jiyong shook his hand in agreement.  Jiyong couldn't believe that he had won.  A smile suddenly appeared on his face.

________________________________

Yoona was watching a movie with Jessica, Daniel, and Hyori.  Hyori and Daniel avoided any skinship in front of the girls.  Yoona found them to be cute and lovely.  Jessica and Yoona were pigging out on a carton of ice cream.  Daniel and Hyori were supposed to be leaving soon for their date.  Yoona rested her head on Jessica's shoulder as the movie went to an end.  It was the typical love story.

"Daddy, shouldn't you two be leaving soon?" Yoona asked.

"Do you want us to leave that much?  I bet there's going to be a pair of boys here later to keep you two company," Hyori joked.

Daniel gasped and began to worry if that was true.  Even though Yoona was old enough to be dating, he couldn't think of his little girl with a man.  He cleared nervously as Hyori laughed and patted his back in comfort.  She gave a smile and winked at the two girls.

"We won't invite any guys!" Jessica promised.

"Yeah, we won't," Yoona assured her father.

"No one wants us!  We're forever alone!" Jessica and Yoona cried together with sarcasm.

Daniel rolled his eyes playfully as he put on his shoes.  He knew that there was a numerous amount of men that wanted to date the two.  It was just that the two were really picky when it came to selection.  Daniel gave Jessica a goodbye hug and kissed Yoona on the forehead while Hyori gave them both hugs.  The couple left to start their date.

Jessica stretched from the couch and had a lazy smile on her face.

"Who should we mess with today?" Jessica asked.

"Hm, I think we should make an official couple today.  I'm feeling like hooking up Seungri and Seohyun today.  Are you in the mood?" Yoona asked Jessica.

Jessica nodded happily and grinned.  These two loved to meddle with their friends' love lives.  Jessica handed Yoona the phone while Jessica texted Seungri to come to Yoona's house.  Jessica told him that if he came in twenty minutes, he might get a chance with Seohyun.  He quickly agreed and got ready.  Yoona dialed Seohyun's number with an evil grin.

"Hello," Seohyun answered.

"Oh, maknae!  We all miss you.  Uhm, my father has the newest edition of the biology book for the campus. It won't be released until next school year. Do you want to see it?" Yoona lied.

"Of course I do!  I'll be there soon!" Seohyun agreed happily.

Yoona and Jessica's giggles filled the room as they heard the doorbell ring.  Yoona skipped cheerfully to the door and opened it.  Seungri was there with a rose, a daisy, and a box full of grilled meat.  Yoona was intrigued and started to laugh.  He brought them some random things.  Yoona opened the box of meat and squealed in delight.  It looked and smelled delicious.  

"The rose is for Seohyun.  The daisy is for Jessica noona, and the grilled meat is for Yoona," Seungri smiled.

Yoona became skeptical.  She didn't know that Seungri knew so much about her.  How did he know that she would rather have food than flowers?  She took a piece of the cooked meat and popped it in .  It was delicious and savory.  Seungri gave the daisy to Jessica and then sensed Yoona's skepticism.  

He cleared it, "Seunghyun hyung is the one who bought it.  He told me to give it to you because you're probably hungry."

Jessica nudged Yoona playfully as Yoona blushed.  She never thought a box full of meat would ever make her turn red.  Jessica and Yoona pulled on Seungri's arms.  Jessica put the flower in her and gave a sweet smile.

"Go to the library.  Seohyun will be up there soon!" Jessica informed him.

He nodded and walked to the library.  Once he was out of sight, Yoona and Jessica began to squeal to each other.  Within five minutes, Seohyun arrived.  She looked excited and happy to see the newest edition to the books for school.  Yoona smiled hugged her after Jessica hugged the maknae.  

"The books are in the library," Jessica announced.

Seohyun ran to the library with Jessica and Yoona behind her.  As soon as she went into the library, Jessica and Yoona locked the door.  Yoona counted to three and then heard Seohyun's eardrum breaking scream.  She reached five octaves already.  Yoona and Jessica high fived in victory.

_______________________________

"Oh, Seohyun.  You're here," Seungri called out.

Seohyun turned around to see Seungri with a friendly smile on his face.  She turned back around to twist the doorknob, but it was locked.  Her eyes grew wide and she nervously swallowed.  Her breathing became heavy and she screamed the loudest scream that she had ever made.  Seungri cupped his ears with his hands at the shrilling sound.  Seohyun ran to the door and began pounding on the door helplessly.

"Unnies, let me out!" Seohyun pleaded.

"Nope.  We're not going to let you out until you two set up a date," Yoona sinisterly smirked.

"I'll go on a date with him!" Seohyun lied.

"Do I have your word?  You wouldn't want to lie to your unnies!" Jessica lectured.

Seohyun didn't reply and just grunted.  She hated the position she was in.  She sat down on a sofa and hid her head in between her knees.  She didn't want to talk or look at him.

"Do you hate me that much?" Seungri finally asked.

Seohyun looked up at him and his eyes were glazed with tears.  The tears didn't manage to escape his eyes yet.  He swallowed nervously and looked down at the floor.  Seohyun began to feel guilty quickly.  She was so cruel to him.  She always ignored him, ran away from him, and shunned his phone calls and texts.  

"No," Seohyun murmured.

"Then is it something that I did wrong?" he asked.

"Huh?" she was confused.

"People say that from the nine, you're the one that's most hardest to get along with.  You never allow anyone to be your friend.  I thought you were as selective as Yoona, but even Yoona gives people chances.  She gave my hyung a chance to befriend her.  Why can't you do it, too?" he questioned.

Yoona and Jessica had been standing out the door for about five minutes until the door finally opened.  Seohyun bowed to her unnies then walked out the house.  Yoona and Jessica wondered if something good or bad happened.  They peeked through the door and saw Seungri with a victorious smile on his face.  Yoona's face relaxed as Jessica started to laugh.

"I'm guessing you got a date with her," Jessica suggested.

Yoona smiled, "What did you do?"

"I just made her feel a little bad, and she agreed to go on a date with me!" Seungri flashed a grin.

"Good job on the acting!" Jessica and Yoona praised him while they both high fived him.

______________________

Yoona had to give Seungri a ride home.  Jessica didn't feel like tagging along and decided to wait in the house just in case Hyori and Daniel returned.  Yoona had her hands firmly on the steering wheel with her eyes fixed on the road.  Seungri was dancing to the music that echoed from the car's speakers.

"So,  have you talked to hyung lately?" Seungri asked.

Yoona took her eyes off the road for just a second to look at Seungri. Her eyes shifted back at the road.  

"No, I haven't talked to him for a few days," Yoona admitted.

Seungri agreed, "Yeah, it's kind of odd. He's been acting really weird in general.  He's even letting me borrow some of his clothes.  It's kind of big on me, but it's still a nice gesture.  He has the nicest clothes from the four of us.  He's even taking us shopping as much as he can."

"He has always been the type to take care of the people he loves," Yoona smiled.

"I think something is up, though," Seungri admitted.

"What do you mean by that?" Yoona questioned.

Seungri continued, "It's just that his behavior is slowly changing.  He locks himself in his room when he's not spending time with us.  He used to always play around with us.  He never survived a day without talking to you.  I don't know what he has up his sleeve."

"Hm, maybe I should pay him a little visit," Yoona smirked.

When Yoona and Seungri reached the mansion, they went straight into the mansion.  Yoona said hello to Daesung, Taeyang, and Misun. She walked to Seunghyun's room.  She opened the door slowly and saw him laying on his bed with the blanket over his head.  Yoona slowly approached him and removed the blanket off of his body. She started to laugh, but her giggles faded after seeing him.  It looked as if he had cried.  He covered it up with a smile and started laughing.

"I hate these damned allergies," Seunghyun chuckled.

Yoona cocked an eyebrow, "What are you talking about?  You're not allergic to anything."

Seunghyun changed the subject, "Well, in two days, it's going to be your birthday."

Yoona nodded in agreement.

"I want to spend tomorrow with you.  I have to leave in the morning of your birthday for China because of a three day conference.  Tomorrow can be your birthday date for me," he said.

"Sure, oppa.  I'll clear my schedule.  I'll make tomorrow a day for only you and me!" Yoona grinned.

Seunghyun hugged her tightly with his eyes closed.  He couldn't believe that tomorrow was his last day with her.  After that, he would have to be a jerk.  He hated to let her go, but he knew that it was better off this way.  All he was focused on was making tomorrow a great day for Yoona.  After that, Jiyong would be the only man in her life.