Unsure

Pinky Promise

When she returned home, she was surprised to see the house empty.  Daniel and Hyori still weren't back from their date and Jessica was nowhere to be found.  She entered her room and and found a note on the mirror.  Jessica wrote on the mirror with red lipstick.  It was clear that the handwriting was rushed and that Jessica was in a hurry.

Yoong, I have to leave for tonight.  My mom called me because my little sister, Krystal, fainted during her cheerleading competition earlier today.  I'm going to be in the hospital the whole night.

Yoona took out her phone and texted Jessica a message that encouraged Krystal's health.  Yoona laid on her bed with her arms stretched out.  She yawned to herself.  She still wasn't sure about what she wanted.  Jiyong had always been her dream man, but Seunghyun was the man that any girl would be happy with.  Seunghyun was calm and collective, but Jiyong was cool and handsome.  She began to sing to herself while getting up from the bed.  She walked to a bedside table and picked up two picture frames.  One frame held a picture of Yoona and Jiyong in high school.  Jiyong casually had his arm around her while Yoona flashed a big grin on her face.  That was during the time Yoona had begun to develop feelings for him.  Her eyes shifted to the frame holding the picture of Seunghyun and Yoona during a school field trip.  She put down the frames as she heard the leaves ruffle roughly.  She became startled and her heart rate increased.  She looked out the window and saw nothing but the moon and blank night sky.

"BOO!" someone startled her.

"AAH!" Yoona screamed.

"You get scared way too easily," Jiyong laughed to himself.

Yoona rolled her eyes as she opened the window wider.  Jiyong crept through the window with a rose in his mouth.  Yoona giggled to herself.  She needed to contain herself when she was with him.  He always knew how to make her laugh.  He removed the rose from his mouth and gave it to her.  Yoona blushed and accepted it.  The sweet aroma of the rose filled Yoona's nostrils and she bowed in gratitude.  He didn't bow back, but hugged her in reaction.  He looked genuinely happy at the presence of Yoona.

"Oppa, why are you so happy all of a sudden?  It's as if you hit the lottery," Yoona compared.

"Yes, it's like I hit the lottery!  I get to see the goddess Yoona!" he smiled and hugged her while twirling her around.

"You're exaggerating it!  I look like an ordinary Korean woman," Yoona stuck her tongue out.

"Nope, you're the most beautiful girl," he contradicted.

He couldn't believe that he just noticed how bright her eyes were.  There was just a sparkle in them that stated that she would achieve all of her goals.  Her complexion was flawless, and her lips looked so soft and light.  He began to wonder how the tomboy he knew all his life turned into the goddess that he was standing in front of.

Yoona locked the door to her bedroom and sat down on a chair in her room.  Jiyong raised an eyebrow at her and began poking her sides.

"Yoona, you're such a bad girl!" he joked.

Yoona gasped, "I locked the door because my father might come home and come in my room!  What if he sees you and freaks out?  Besides, I wouldn't do anything with you anyways."

"You want to bet?" Jiyong inched his face closer.

"Try me," Yoona challenged.

Jiyong's lips brushed on hers lightly.  Yoona honestly tried to pull away, but once again, she was paralyzed.  A normal girl wouldn't pull away from a kiss with her dream man.  She wanted him for four years already. She waited for him, and he was finally starting to realize.  She sighed and used all the power she had in herself to tell her brain to pull away.  She gently pulled away.

"Sorry," Yoona apologized.

"Am I a bad kisser?" he asked.

"No!  It's not that...trust me, you're a great kisser!" Yoona assured him, "I just pulled away because I'm really confused at the moment.  I'm not going to avoid the subject of Seunghyun.  I honestly don't know what to do with the both of you."

"You should just pick me," he said.

Yoona was in more bewilderment.  She was starting to feel pressured.  She shook all the thoughts out of her head and laid down on the bed.  She stared at the ceiling and puffed out some air.

"I don't even know if you like me," Yoona confessed.

"Well, I really do like you.  I know that I'm horrible at showing it.  Even the confession you're hearing right now is stupid.  I know that I seem like a player to you, but you know me better.  Once I really like a girl, I will do everything to make her happy.  I really like you Yoona.  I'm sorry I'm a little late," he admitted.

"A little late?" Yoona laughed.

"Okay, I'm really late at confessing this," Jiyong let her win, "It's just that I want you to know that I really like you.  I like you more than a friend."

Yoona cleared , "For tonight, can we just pretend like we're in middle school again.  I don't want to talk about this stupid little love triangle.  I want to go back to when it was simple.  Let's pretend this was a time when you'd sneak over to my house because your parents fought with you.  Let's just pretend for one night."

"You want to pretend when my mom and dad got mad at me for dying my hair?  You want to go back to the times when I had to sing you to sleep because you couldn't sleep?" Jiyong clarified.

"Yes, please," Yoona confirmed.

Jiyong laid down on the bed next to her.  The lights were off and he pulled Yoona into his arms.  Yoona's head landed on his chest.  For the first time, Yoona heard his heartbeat.  He began to sing a sweet lullaby.  It was like sweet, sticky honey to her ears.  She just couldn't get enough.  She finally understood why his songs were on top in the music charts.  The lyrics had meaning and it was real.  

Jiyong paused from singing after he felt Yoona's wet tears staining his shirt.  He pulled her in closer and kissed the top of her head.  He gently touched her face and felt the tears coming out of her eyes.  He knew why she was crying.  They had known each other since their childhood.  He was close enough to her to understand her feelings.  She was angry at herself because she was in love with both men.  She was crying because she knew that there was going to be a time when she had to let her heart choose one of them.  If she chose one of them, she was going to have to hurt the other.

___________________________________

Yoona woke up to hear the birds chirping.  She stretched and found herself to be alone.  She was pretty sure that Jiyong had slept next to her.  She quickly assumed that he left early in the morning to avoid any speculations from the neighbors and her father.  She found a note from Jiyong sticked on the window.  She took the note off the window and read it.

Good morning, beautiful!  I'm sorry I didn't get to say goodbye.  Make today a great day.

Love,

Kwon Jiyong

A grin appeared on her face as she put the note in a drawer.  She needed to get ready for the day she was going to spend with Seunghyun.  He told her that he was going to pick her up at noon and it was already ten o'clock in the morning.  Yoona hopped in the shower.

_______________________________

Jessica slept on the small chair uncomfortably.  Her mother and father went home to rest because of their old age.  Jessica volunteered to watch over Krystal.  Krystal was still sleeping and she had to stay in the hospital for a little longer.  She was so serious about her cheerleading squad that she didn't get more than four hours of sleep a night, she only at two small meals a day, and she overworked herself.  She was still in high school and she already had high goals.  She wanted to compete in competitive gymnastics.  Her school didn't have gymnastics, so she participated in cheerleading.  It was exactly like gymnastics but with cheering and chanting.

Jessica heard the door creak as it opened slowly. She cleared and stood up to welcome whoever the guest was. The door opened and she saw Jiyong with a bouquet of fresh lilies. He had a friendly smile and handed the lilies to Jessica.

Jessica slept on the small chair uncomfortably.  Her mother and father went home to rest because of their old age.  Jessica volunteered to watch over Krystal.  Krystal was still sleeping and she had to stay in the hospital for a little longer.  She was so serious about her cheerleading squad that she didn't get more than four hours of sleep a night, she only at two small meals a day, and she overworked herself.  She was still in high school and she already had high goals.  She wanted to compete in competitive gymnastics.  Her school didn't have gymnastics, so she participated in cheerleading.  It was exactly like gymnastics but with cheering and chanting.

Jessica heard the door creak as it opened slowly. She cleared and stood up to welcome whoever the guest was. The door opened and she saw Jiyong with a bouquet of fresh lilies. He had a friendly smile and handed the lilies to Jessica. Jessica gave a polite smile and put the roses at the side table.

"Oh, sorry for visiting unexpectedly," Jiyong apologized, "Yoona told me about your sister and she suggested that I come visit since I didn't have anything to do."

"Oh," Jessica murmured.

Jiyong's eyes widened as he slapped his forehead. He sounded so rude. It was as if he only went to visit Jessica's sister just because he was bored and he had nothing better to do. What he meant was that he had free time, so he decided to visit her.

"Listen, I'm sorry. I sounded stupid right now," Jiyong pitied her.

Jessica nodded and gave a small grin. Krystal was still sleeping peacefully. Jessica crossed her legs and rested her soft hands on her knees.

"Do you really love Yoona?" Jessica questioned.

Jiyong was startled, "Yes, I really do love her."

"I don't want you loving her just because she's not as available as she was before. I knew you since our junior year in high school, and I know that we were never that close. I know more about you than you expect, and I know that you hardly know a thing about me. We are barely friends because we are mostly acquaintances. I just want you to know that Yoona is very dear to me. From the nine of us, Yuri and Yoona are my closest friends. I have known them since preschool. I treat them like they're my sisters, and I don't want them getting hurt. If Yoona chooses you, I want you to treat her like a queen. I don't want her to cry to me and Yuri about you. Just like your song, I know that you're a 'Heartbreaker'," Jessica frowned.

Jiyong didn't know that Jessica was protective over her friends. He knew that the nine of them treated each other like sisters and he began to think that Yuri, Yoona, and Jessica were like triplets. If one was hurt, so were the other two. Yoona was the youngest one from the three of them and Yuri and Jessica always felt so overprotective of her.

"I don't know how you got those assumptions about me," Jiyong laughed.

Jessica didn't laugh with him. A straight face was displayed instead which sent chills down Jiyong's spine. She didn't take this as one big joke. She was dead serious. All those times when Yoona complained and vented about the scandalous rumors Jiyong had been in compiled in her mind within a few seconds.

"The first time you debuted, you started to date an American model. Yoona didn't sleep for days because she was worried that you weren't answering her calls and texts. Five months later, Yoona cried herself to sleep because you were in a scandal with two women. Three months after that, Yoona faked her smiles to assure everyone that she was okay, but she wasn't. Do you know why? She faked her smiles because you forgot her birthday and you were out on another date with a different woman. You didn't even bother to call your best friend on her special day. She waited by her phone the whole day for you. The list goes on and on. Do you know what irritates me? You have the audacity to act as if nothing happened. It's because you know that through thick and thin, she'll always be there for you," Jessica breathed heavily.

Jiyong sighed, "I'm guessing that you don't like me. I can assume that you like Seunghyun better for her."

Jessica nodded, "Yes, I like Seunghyun better for her because he's the one that's been with her no matter what. I already knew that he had been in love with her for the longest time. It was about time he confessed it to her."

"I have a feeling we're not going to get along," Jiyong admitted.

"We won't get along as long as you keep treating my friend like this. What makes you so sure that you're not going to change your mind about her once she's yours? Will you still like her once you know that you have her under your spell again, or is this just a scenario where a boy only wants what he can't have?" Jessica questioned.

Jiyong had to admit that he was frightened of her. She was always so quiet, but when she finally spoke up, she had something important to say. She didn't crack a single centimeter for a smile. She just stared at him with her poker face waiting for an answer. Jiyong planned on replying, but her looks were just so intimidating. She looked angry and cold. That was the day Jiyong nicknamed her as the 'ice princess'.

________________________________

Yoona looked at the clock as the minutes began to tick by quickly. Seunghyun told her to dress comfortably, so she did. She wore a sleeveless white button up shirt and shorts. Her hair was straight and down. She sat down on a wooden bench in front of her father's house. She asked Jessica to take home her own luggage along with with hers when she returned to their condo today. Jessica agreed once she found out that she was going to be spending the whole day with Seunghyun. Yoona became alarmed to hear a car pulling up against the asphalt. Yoona stood up and gave him a smile. He got out of the car and hugged her. He hadn't seen her in two days and it felt like forever. He honestly didn't know how he was going to last five years.

They drove to a building that was fairly large and modern. Yoona looked at her friend and gave a confused face. When they entered the building, Yoona was surprised to see a dancing couple. They looked professional, but Yoona thought that they went into the wrong room. She was expecting them to do a cooking class together or something. Yoona made her way out of the room, but Seunghyun stopped her by pulling her hand back in the room.

"Oppa, I think we have the wrong room," Yoona informed him.

"No, we actually have the right room. Yoona, I know that you're really talented. You like to sing and dance. I know that you like dancing more than singing. Throughout our friendship, you would always bug me to take you out dancing. I always rejected you because I secretly have two left feet. I practically at dancing," he confessed.

"Why didn't you just say so? I would have stopped bugging you if you told me!" Yoona claimed.

"You would have stopped bugging me, but then you would be teasing me for the rest of our lives!" Seunghyun laughed.

"Shall we start now?" the dancer said.

The pair was a professional dance pair. They introduced themselves to Yoona and Seunghyun. The two learned that their instructors for the evening had been dancing for fifteen years together; they were married for ten years. They started dancing together when they were seventeen years old and gained recognition from various broadcasting stations for their work. They also competed in professional competitions. Yoona and Seunghyun were quickly put to work. Their instructors taught them the right stance and form. Yoona's body had to be close to his.

The two learned how to tango in two hours. Yoona and Seunghyun were exhausted and as soon as the lesson ended, they thanked their instructors for the proper and fun session. Seunghyun was dragged out of the building by Yoona. She was really hungry after sweating for two hours. Seunghyun bought her to a Japanese sushi place and knowing her, he paid for a private buffet.

Seunghyun put some calamari in his mouth as he stared at the beast in front of him. She was devouring almost every dish. He paused with the calamari in his mouth as Yoona looked at him. She grew embarrassed and put down the food. She crossed her arms and frowned.

"Well, I can't continue if I'm the only one eating!" Yoona pouted.

"I'm eating fried squid!" he defended.

"That's almost nothing!" Yoona contradicted.

Seunghyun was shocked to see Yoona grab various dishes and began placing them on his plate. He knew that he wasn't going to be able to finish all the food that she was ordering him to eat.

"Go and eat!" Yoona said.

"I'm going to turn as fat as I was when I was a child," he complained.

"It's not like you're not going to work it off later in the gym," Yoona rolled her eyes.

After they ate their meal, Yoona insisted that they play in a park near a lake. Yoona always liked visiting that lake because it had a tire swing. Once the car came to a halt, Seunghyun saw Yoona open the car door quickly and run to the swing like a little child. He laughed to see that she almost tripped on a rock. She managed to keep her balance before she fell to the floor. Yoona put her hand on the tire swing as Seunghyun approached her.

"This is the tire swing my father used to push me on when I was a little girl," Yoona informed him.

"Really?" he asked.

Yoona nodded with a smile, "Yes, he used to push me and sometimes, he would get tired, but he still continued to push me because he knew that I was enjoying it."

"It's your turn to start pushing then!" Seunghyun chuckled.

He ran to the swing and sat on the tire. He gave Yoona a playful expression as he sat on the tire. Yoona chased after him and pouted. Yoona laughed. He looked so lively and happy. He was still waiting on her to push him. Yoona gave in and tried to push him. She used all her strength to push him. He had to be twice her weight. She finally gave a victorious grin after seeing that she managed to push him a few inches. He gave a disappointing frown.

"Is that all you can do?" he challenged her.

"Yah, just get off! The boy is supposed to push the girl on the swing!" Yoona gave up.

"Since when was there a rule about that?" he mocked.

He began to push himself and he was swinging higher and higher. He kicked his legs as he reached the peak and then jumped off. Yoona honestly thought that he would fall but he didn't. He landed on his feet and gave a triumphant grin to show off what he had just done. He patted the tire swing and Yoona smiled while walking towards it. She sat on the tire swing and Seunghyun began to push her gently.

"Are you that weak? Push harder!" Yoona requested.

Seunghyun pushed her harder and she was swinging higher than he was. Yoona became startled as she realized that she was swinging too high. She lost grip on the rope and fell down. She hit her head on the ground and Seunghyun ran after her. He shook her body gently, but her eyes were closed. He was starting to become frightened. He quickly assumed that she was unconscious. He took out his phone.

"Aish, what was the hospital's phone number again?" he asked himself.

Yoona quickly raised her head up and began to laugh. She was always the prankster, but Seunghyun didn't look amused. He looked angry and Yoona never saw him this angry. His expression was composed, but disappointed. He had tears gazing from his eyes. No tears came out, but Yoona knew that he was angry.

"I'm sorry," Yoona bowed her head, "I shouldn't have joked around that I was unconscious. I know that it's not funny."

Seunghyun's killer smile flashed Yoona. He began to laugh as he pointed at her with his finger.

"That's what you get for trying to play a joke on me!" he continued to laugh.

Yoona's eyes grew wide, "You were acting the whole time! And I thought my acting was good. I can't believe my five years of acting class had been mocked by a guy who didn't even receive any lessons! You should be an actor one day."

"I don't know. I never thought about that," he admitted.

The sky began to turn gray and rain clouds began to form in the sky. Yoona ran under a tree to shield herself from any precipitation. Seunghyun stayed under the sky as the rain began to fall. Yoona questioned his behavior.

"Don't tell me your afraid of a little water," he taunted her.

Yoona accepted the challenge and stepped out from the protection of the tree. She ran after Seunghyun and her whole body got wet. They had so much fun that day. They were soaked and while they were, they played tag, wrestled, and threw mud at each other. They both grew exhausted as they sat down on the floor. Yoona leaned her head on his shoulder as he wrapped an arm around her.

"No matter what happens in the future, just know that I will always love you. No matter how I act, what I say, and what I do, just know that I love you," he whispered into her ear.

She became confused, but decided not to question his statement. All that mattered was that he loved her. For the first time, she felt stable and assured. She gazed at the lake while the raindrops hit the surface. She hated herself at the moment because at the back of her mind, she was thinking about Jiyong along with Seunghyun.

______________________________

Please watch the trailer!  The link is on the forewords. :)