Yoona's Ring

Pinky Promise

Yoona pulled the weeds that were in her garden.  She grew tired and angry of them.  She felt silly after she tried stabbing the weeds.  No matter how many times she pulled them, they kept on coming back.  She began to compare the weeds to the problems in her life.  Seunghyun and Jiyong symbolized the problems.  No matter how much she tried to weed them out of her life, they kept coming back.  She grunted at frustration and felt a presence in the garden.  She raised her head up and saw Jiyong with a friendly smile on his face. Yoona didn't smile back.  Instead, she stood up and looked at him.

"Hi, Yoona," he greeted.

Yoona looked away quickly, "What are you doing here?  What do you want?"

Yoona picked up a bunch of red flowers that she had collected from her own garden.  She tried to walk away from him with the flowers in her hands, but he grabbed her wrist and turned her around.  She sighed and rolled her eyes at him.

"Are you still angry at me?" he asked her.

"What do you think?" Yoona snapped, "You think that because I liked you for a long time in the past, I'll take you back without a second thought?!  I'm not an easy woman."

"I'm not saying that you're an easy woman!" Jiyong convinced her, "Yoona, please listen to me.  I want you back."

Yoona was completely bewildered.  She didn't know what to do.  She folded her hands and looked down at the floor.  She really didn't want to hear him say that to her.  She gulped.

"Things are complicated.  I have a son now," Yoona reminded him.

"I already told you that I don't care if you have a son from someone else.  He already lost you and Yoogeun.  Please just forget about him and give me a chance," Jiyong pleaded.

Yoona looked down, "Jiyong, I was in love with you since we were young.  You took me for granted, and I don't know if I can give anyone a second chance."

"I'm in love with you right now, though.  And I'm not giving up on you," Jiyong announced.

Yoona breathed loudly as he hugged her tightly.  The bouquet of flowers that she held dropped on the floor as a teardrop escaped from one of her eyes.  She didn't know how to react.  She didn't hug him back, but she didn't push him away.  

Her eyes traveled to a large bush.  She heard someone rustling behind the bush and she became alert right away.  She pulled away from his embrace and pushed him away so that they had some distance.  Yoona walked over to the bush and was surprised.  She saw Seunghyun standing behind the bush with a frown on his face.  He cleared his throat.

"I think I'll get going," Jiyong stated, "I'll call you, Yoona."

Yoona didn't utter a single word.  She saw Jiyong leave and it was only the two of them in the garden.  Yoona went to the bunch of flowers laying on the floor.  She began to pick them up and Seunghyun leaned down to help her.  Her eyes drifted towards him and then tried to avoid his gaze.  She cleared loudly.

"It's okay, Seunghyun sshi. You don't need to help me.  I can do it on my own," Yoona insisted.

Seunghyun said, "Don't call me Seunghyun sshi.  I know we were friends in the past.  I remember you.  It's not clear, but when I saw your pictures, I remembered part of our past.  I know that we were close."

Yoona's face froze as she heard his words.  What if he remembered everything?  He would surely know that Yoogeun was his.  Yoona finally looked into his eyes and she was quickly reminded of the compassion and devotion that he once gave to her.  It wasn't her who had amnesia, but she got flashbacks of all the good memories that she shared with him.  She closed her eyes and shut away all of the memories away.

"Who cares?" Yoona coldly stated.

"Who cares?  I care!  When I saw your picture, I remembered something  really well!  It was the first good memory that I remembered!  I remembered my childhood, but my childhood wasn't that great.  I had to remember my father's death and everyone teasing me over my weight!  When I remembered you, I felt so happy and blissful!  If you can just help me remember the rest of my past, I can finally regain my memories!" he told her.

Yoona shook her head, "No, I can't do that.  I'm your employee and you're my boss. That's it!  We used to be friends, but that's it.  I can't help you.  And plus, you have Hyuna sshi to help you with that."

Seunghyun seemed frustrated.  He wanted to explode in front of her.  He was confused.

"Why can't you please help me?!  I thought Hyuna would be able to help me, but it just...doesn't fit.  I don't know what it is, but I'm getting second thoughts about her!" Seunghyun admitted.

"Seunghyun sshi, how dare you say that about your fiance?!" Yoona yelled.

Seunghyun threw his hands up in the air, "I know that it's bad to say that, but I just can't help it.  I never see her in my flashbacks, but when I saw you in my memories, I felt at ease.  I remember that I was really happy.  I need you to help me."

"I'm sorry," Yoona repeated, "Your past is none of my business."

"Why can't you see that it's part of my identity?!  Do you know how it feels to wake up in the morning not knowing who you are?  I don't remember half of my past and it feels as if everyone in my past abandoned me!  Do you know how that feels?!" Seunghyun bursted.

Yoona looked down on the floor.  She hated the word.  Abandonment.  She hated the sound of the word.  She sighed and remembered how much Seunghyun and Jiyong had hurt her.  

"I do know how it feels," Yoona whispered, "Please leave, Seunghyun sshi. I'll see you tomorrow in the fashion show.  I would also like to thank you for arranging me with the big fashion show.  It will help me greatly in my career."

______________________________________________

Yoona sat on a living room couch as she tried to fix all of her accessories on the coffee table.  She wanted to match which accessory matched with which dress.  Key and Onew were there to assist her as they gave her their opinions.  Key got up and took a gold bracelet.

"Noona, this bracelet would look good with the black dress," Key advised.

"Hm, you're right," Yoona agreed.

She wrote on a paper which matched with which.  It was almost midnight and they all had to wake up at six in the morning the next day for the big fashion show.  Yoona was nervous.  Seunghyun's secretary informed her that people from New York, Paris, and Canada were attending.  She heard someone trying to open the door to the mansion as that person tried to jangle the key through the hole.

The person opened the door and it was Luna.  Luna looked exhausted and pissed off.  Yoona stopped working and approached her sister.  She gave a hug as tears began to escape from Luna's eyes.  Yoona patted her head as Luna hugged her tightly.

"What happened?" Yoona was concerned.

Luna burst out crying, "I caught my stupid boyfriend cheating on me!  He's a jerk!  I hate him!"

"What?  You had a boyfriend?" Yoona asked.

Luna answered, "No...not really.  We were talking, but it turned out that he had four others!"

Onew looked bothered.  He didn't feel comfortable seeing her like that.  He was shocked that she had a boyfriend, but he was glad that they broke up.  If he was going to treat her badly, Onew didn't want them together.  He approached the two women and began to pat Luna's back in comfort.

"It's okay, Luna," Onew soothed her, "If he's going to be like that, then he doesn't deserve a woman like you."

Yoona made eye contact with Key as Key winked at her.  A smile appeared on both of their faces.  Yoona pulled away from the embrace and pulled Onew's shirt.  Onew was closer to Luna and Luna threw her arms around him in need of support.

"Onew has experience from that situation.  You should ask for some advice!" Key informed her.

Onew gave him a confused look.  Onew never had a girlfriend cheat on him.  The closest thing that he had to that situation was when his cousin's best friend's sister's boyfriend cheated and Onew had to give advice to his cousin's best friend's sister.  He felt Luna's tears smearing through his shirt.  He didn't want to push her away.

"Listen, Key and I need to go.  We'll be arranging the accessories in the studio upstairs," Yoona told them.

Yoona and Key ran to the studio with all of the accessories before Onew could protest against their actions.  Onew was stuck with a crying Luna.  Onew sat her down on the couch and gave her a cup of hot tea.  Luna dried her tears with a white handkerchief that Onew gave her.  

"Can you just tell me what happened to you?" Onew asked.

"H-he told me that he loved me!  He promised me so many things, and he just lied to me," Luna cried out, "My self-esteem is very low now."

Onew didn't want to see her like this.  He took her hand and held it.  She stopped crying and looked at him.

______________________________

Yoona and Key went into the studio to arrange the rest of the accessories.  They were almost done and Yoona couldn't wait so that she could finally get some sleep.  Minho and Taemin had put Yoogeun to sleep with Yoona's help around 9:00 pm and she wanted to join her son in slumber.  Yoona yawned and then suddenly, her eyes lit up in excitement.

"I never got to ask you!  How did things go with Nicole?" Yoona raised her eyebrows.

Key blushed and began to look through the earrings.  He smiled childishly and showed off his white teeth.

"We're an item now," Key said quietly.

Yoona hooted loudly and began to lightly hit his shoulder in excitement.  Key laughed it off as he tried to scoot away from all her playful blows.  His grin lowered down to a straight face.

"Noona, I can trust you, right?" Key asked her.

"Duh!" Yoona shrugged, "I did keep your secret all these years even when you didn't know that I knew the whole time."

Key intertwined his fingers together, "It's just that...it feels kind of weird.  What if I turn gay on her?  I really love her and I don't want to look at anyone else!"

Yoona shook her head.  He was having second thoughts and he wasn't trusting himself.

"Tell me what else you feel," Yoona said.

"It's just that before, I was attracted to men, but once I started liking her, I don't like men anymore.  I don't find them appealing or attractive!" Key announced.

"Are you attracted to women now?" Yoona asked.

"Yes!  I don't know what's wrong with me!  This crush on her had been going on for one whole year, and I just realized that I find women more attractive than men.  I look back at my old self and I feel disgusted that I liked men," Key admitted.

"You shouldn't be disgusted with yourself," Yoona advised, "You may have changed but you need to remember that what you are now is because of what you were in the past.  You think that because you're changing now, you might change back.  Don't worry about it.  If you really loved her, you wouldn't change back.  You would only have eyes for her."

"Thanks, noona," Key smiled.

Yoona nodded and began to arrange the rest of the necklaces while Key took charge of all of Yoona's rings.  Something caught Key's eyes.  He picked up the ring that stood out from the rest.  Yoona had rings that showed off flamboyant diamonds with extravagant colors, but there was one simple ring.  It was plain and there wasn't even a diamond on it.  In Key's eyes, it was still beautiful.  He guessed that it was a platinum ring.  He saw a little writing on the inside of it, but he ignored it for now.

"Noona, who's ring is this?  It's hard to believe that you own such a simple ring," Key admitted.

Yoona's eyes grew wide as she reached quickly for it and grabbed it from his hands.  Her breathing became heavy and Key became startled by her odd behavior.  Key felt as if he did something wrong.  Yoona sensed his guilty behavior and felt stupid.

"I'm sorry," Yoona, "It's just important to me.  We can't use it for the shoot."

Yoona put it down on the desk and gave the box of accessories to Key.  Yoona left the studio.  Key went back to the desk and picked up the small ring.  Key studied it and squinted his eyes as he read the small writing inside the ring.  His eyes softened as he read the words.  He found it to be sweet.

I will fulfill every promise I made.  I promise.

"Well, noona is going to wear this," Key told himself.

He picked up the ring, put it in a ring box.  He set it in a larger box that was filled with all of the accessories that Yoona was going to wear for the fashion show.  He gave a satisfied smile to himself.  He was sure that Yoona was going to look like a goddess during the show.

___________________________________________

A/N:  Sorry that it was short and late! I know this chapter was kind of boring, but I promise the next chapter will be better!  I'll give a hint and say that the suspense will build. :)