Remember Me

Pinky Promise

The empty building was going to be filled in a few hours.  The top stars and celebrities were going to attend and Yoona felt completely terrified.  She saw some of the staff setting up the lights and decorations while she coordinated them in where each decoration should go.  The show was going to start soon and Yoona was still nervous.  To top the impressive guest list, her closest friends were going to watch the show.  All of her colleagues from school were also attending.  She tried to breathe, but it was all too much for her.  

"We need to get going!  You need to get your hair and makeup done!" Key pulled Yoona's elbow.

Yoona felt herself being dragged backstage where Minzy was.  Yoona smiled at her new friend as she started to comb through her hair.  Taemin was doing his role and was trying to put all the models in the right order.  It was complete chaos backstage.  Key was trying to give pointers to the female models as Minho reminded the male models of how important their facial expressions were.  Taemin walked up to Yoona.

"Noona, does the fourth model wear the silver heels or the black heels?  She said she forgot which one you assigned her and..." Taemin stopped talking.

Yoona noticed his sudden stop in words and looked up at the maknae.  Yoona traced his sights and saw him looking at Minzy.  Yoona's eyes lit up.  She snapped her fingers in front of Taemin's face but Taemin didn't react.  He just stared at Minzy's face.  Minzy, on the other hand, wasn't paying attention to the man staring at her.  She was focused on Yoona's hairdo.  

"Yah, if you keep your mouth open like that, flies are going to begin flying in," Yoona joked at Taemin's dropped jaw.

Taemin reacted and closed his jaw shut.  He blushed in embarrassment as Yoona took his hand and Minzy's hand.  She made them shake hands.

"Minzy, this is Taemin.  He's the coordinator in the company," Yoona informed, "And Taemin, this is Minzy.  She's a great hair stylist and makeup artist.  You know something that you two have in common?  You two love to dance.  Hyoyeon unnie is throwing a workshop on Wednesday, and you two should go together.  I can get you two free tickets.  How does that sound?"

"Uh...I'll go," Minzy replied shyly, "That is if it's okay with Taemin sshi."

"Yeah!" Taemin lit up, "That sounds great.  I'll see you on Wednesday...well, I'll see you today again because of the show, but I'll see you again on Wednesday.  Oh gosh, I'm just blabbering now.  See you later."

Taemin walked away quickly revealing his shy behavior.  Yoona gave herself a mental praise for hooking up another couple.  She helped Key, Seohyun, Onew, Sooyoung, Yuri, and Taemin get a date at least once. 

After Yoona finished her makeup, she went straight to wardrobe.  The show had already begun and the end was coming soon.  This time, she was going to walk alone.  Minho wasn't going to be next to her because the dress was meant to be shown by a single model.  Yoona watched from backstage as Minho walked the runway.  He was professional and he held his head up high during the whole walk.  Yoona breathed in and saw so many familiar faces in the front row.  She saw Jiyong.  She really didn't expect him to go, but she was pretty sure that Seunghyun had invited him.  She saw all of her best friends.  It was amazing that all eight of them could attend.  She knew how busy they were, but here they were supporting her.  She finally broke into a grin at the thought of her supportive friends.  She saw Seunghyun and Hyuna.  She was shocked that Hyuna agreed to attend.  She thought that Hyuna hated her.  It looked as if Hyuna tried to get Seunghyun's attention, but Seunghyun ignored her.  Yoona concluded that their relationship was in rocky waters.  It was a shame since they were going to get married in less than a week.

Yoona became startled as she felt someone shake her shoulder.  She saw Key smiling largely.  He was holding a bunch of accessories that Yoona had forgotten to put on.  Key put on a pair of earrings, a necklace, and a ring.  Yoona saw the ring on her finger and her eyes suddenly grew large.  She took it off and held it in her fingers.

"I can't wear this!" Yoona whispered hoarsely.

"You have to!  It goes well with the whole wardrobe!" Key defended.

Taemin butted in, "Noona needs to go now."

Before Taemin pushed her into the runway stage, Key slipped the ring on her finger.  He tried to put it on her left ring finger, but unfortunately it slipped on her pinky instead.  Yoona pulled up a smile as she started to walk through the runway.  The audience immediately broke into an applause to see the beautiful woman.  Yoona felt the ring in her pinky.  She thought of how ironic it was.  It symbolized promises and she was wearing it on her pinky.

She saw Jonghyun and a bunch of other photographers taking pictures of her as she flaunted the dress like a boss.  Every guest was wearing white because of the theme of the show.  Yoona's blue dress contrasted to everyone and she stood out like a burning light in a room full of darkness.  She modeled the dress in a professional manner.  Once she reached the end of the runway, she did her final pose.  She put a hand on her waist as she gave a confident smile.  Her back was straight, her head was up, and she looked dazzling.  As she swung her body so that she could turn around, the ring slipped out of the pinky.  She almost paused to look for it, but she couldn't.  This was a show and there was nothing that could stop her from completing her walk.  Once she finished, all of the models came out.  They stood in a single file line behind her as the crowd applauded loudly.  She kept a smile but worry ensued her because of the missing ring.

______________________________________________________

The whole show was over and it was a success.  Many people congratulated her, but surprisingly, Seunghyun and Jiyong didn't.  She was told that they left right after the show was done.  Yoona was told by many reporters to anticipate reading the news and watching television the next day because she was going to be showcased on the front page of the news and in most of the television channels.  Yoona thanked them and got positive feedback from the critics that attended.  She also got offers to become a stylist for numerous actors and singers, but she had to decline because she was already working for Seunghyun.

Here she was:  she was in the empty building on her knees.  She was still looking for the ring.  She crawled through the floor and was observed by Jessica and Seohyun.  The two were the last ones to leave, but they wanted to talk to Yoona privately and praise her for all of her hard work.  They saw their friend, who had so much power, confidence, and pride, crawling through the floor as if she was a beggar.  Jessica was holding Yoogeun and even Yoogeun was confused as of why his mother was on the floor.

"Are you looking for something?" Jessica asked.

"My ring," Yoona pouted, "It slipped off during the show and I can't find it!  It has to be here somewhere."

Seohyun helped her up to her feet.

"Unnie, if it was there, you would have found it already.  Let's go already," Seohyun convinced her, "You need to get some sleep.  You've had a long day."

"But...it was important," Yoona trailed off.

Jessica gave Yoogeun to Yoona, "Seohyun's right.  You can't be looking for something that isn't there."

___________________________________________________________

Today was the day that she was dreading.  It was Seunghyun's wedding day.  She told herself that she didn't care if he was getting married or not.  She was dreading it because she simply didn't want to attend the stupid wedding.  Yoona breathed in as she unwrinkled the white dress that she wore.  They were in the front yard and the church was two blocks away from Yoona's house.  She wanted to walk to the church with Yoogeun because she figured that it wasn't too far.  

She smiled at her son.  He was very cute in his suit.  He wore a black tuxedo with a white polo shirt under the blazer.  He had a black bow tie on and he looked very handsome.  He was very excited since he had never played the role of a ring bearer.  Yoona grabbed his hand and they began to walk to the church.  They had to get there in ten minutes or else they would be late.  Yoona didn't want to go early anyways.  She was sure that Hyuna would find ways to irritate her.

As they walked and enjoyed the perfect weather, Yoona began to ponder about everything.  Since the fashion show, neither Seunghyun and Jiyong had contacted her.  She was curious on why because she knew that Seunghyun was still desperate to regain his memories and she knew how persistent Jiyong was.  He already declared that he wouldn't give up on her and to Yoona, it seemed as if he already did.  Yoona lifted her head up as she soaked in the sun.

"Yoogeun ah, are you excited?" Yoona questioned her little man.

"Yup!" he jumped, "I want to be the ring bear!"

Yoona giggled, "I think you mean ring bearer!  You're not going to be a ring bear!"

"Seunghyun hyung told me that I'm going to be a bear," Yoogeun pouted with disappointment.

Yoona was reminded of how dorky Seunghyun was.  Seunghyun probably told Yoogeun that so that he could be more excited.  Yoona and Yoogeun arrived at the church.  They were right on time, but Yoona wouldn't have minded if they were a little late.  The wedding planner approached them.  She was quite old and most of her hair was white.  She looked as if she was a high class lady.

"Is this Yoogeun?  He's the ring bearer right?" the wedding planner asked.

"Yes," Yoona nodded.

"I'll take him then.  We need to get him ready.  The wedding is starting soon!" she cried out.

Yoogeun waved goodbye to his mother.  Yoona stood outside of the church as she tried to collect all of her positive energy.  She needed a lot of courage to walk into that church and act as if nothing had happened.  

Then a sight caught her eye.  She saw Jiyong driving his car past the church with no intention of stopping and attending the wedding.  What surprised Yoona was that Gyuri was in the front seat next to him.  Yoona tilted her head and began to wonder what they were doing together.  She thought that they had broken up.

She noticed that no one was surrounding her.  Everyone was inside of the church.  She decided that it was time to go inside the church so that it seemed as if she was not trying to resist the wedding.  Yoona felt herself getting dragged as she made her way to the church.  A cloth that was tainted with chloroform was pressed against and nose and she began to feel extremely dizzy.  She fainted and the last thing she remembered was that she felt about two men carry her to a black limousine.

______________________________________________

She felt a huge migraine throbbing in her head.  She woke up to find herself in the inside of the limousine.  She felt the leather interior sticking to her skin as she sweated.  Her breathing became extremely heavy as she tried to clear .  She saw a man at the other side of the limo.  He was staring directly at her.  She couldn't see his face because it was dark inside the limo.  The little light that the limo had only revealed herself and part of his legs.  Yoona could see a wine glass in his hands.  He pressed the wine glass to his lips and sipped it slowly.  

The first guess Yoona had was that she was kidnapped by a rival fashion designer.  She knew how dirty people would play to be on top.  Yoona began to freak out.  She wriggled her legs and hands, but unfortunately, her hands were tied behind her back and her legs were tied together.  She would scream, but was taped over.  She felt tears streaming down her face at the possible thought that she might die.  She knew how kidnappings went.  The man's guard sat next to her.  Yoona saw that he was Caucasian and he was tall.  He had a muscular frame and his eyes were concealed with dark sunglasses.  He also wore a suit.  He reached over to Yoona and Yoona became immediately frightened.  What if he tried hurting her?  She gave muffled screams that were smothered down with the tape across .  The guard gently ripped the tape away from .

As soon as the tape was removed, Yoona began to scream.  The guard hit his forehead as he tried to quiet her down.  The man across from Yoona still remained frozen with the wine glass on his hand.  The guard was about to put the tape back on , but the man held out his finger signaling the guard to halt.

"Yoona, you should stop.  All I wanted to do was talk to you privately," the man said.

Because of Yoona's migraine, she was still dizzy and couldn't recognize the voice.  The voice sounded very familiar, though.  Yoona tried to think hard, but her head began to hurt more.  She started to freak out even more and she finally stopped screaming out for help.  She was sure that no one could hear her.

"If you wanted to talk to me, why did you have to kidnap me?" Yoona spat with nervousness.

The man emerged from the darkness and his identity was known to her.  Yoona gasped loudly and began to cry immediately.  She wanted to get out of the limo.  She didn't want to talk to him.  His expression scared her so much that it was starting to haunt her in her mind.

"I know you.  You would run away if I didn't do this. Don't worry; I'm not going to hurt you.  I told the guards to put only a little chloroform on the cloth so that you could wake up quicker.  You are the mother of my son, and I wouldn't hurt anyone that important," he breathed.

"You're supposed to get married today.  Shouldn't you be at the church?" Yoona tried to change the subject.

Seunghyun laughed sinisterly, "I'm not getting married to that impostor."

Yoona saw his face.  He looked angry and furious.  Yoona grew scared of him during the moment.  She started to cry because she knew that things were going to change.  She knew that he would want to be a part of Yoogeun's life.  She also knew that he was enraged that she had hidden Yoogeun from him for three years.  His birthday was the day after the wedding and Yoona was hoping that his party would be normal, but now, she knew that it would be anything but normal.

"How did you find out?  How did you remember?" Yoona asked him.

He leaned back on his seat and looked up at the ceiling of the limo.  He unfolded his hand and dropped the platinum ring inside the wine glass.  Yoona's eyes widened and more tears streamed down her face.

_________________________________

Flashback (Seunghyun's POV)...

I think the fashion show is going pretty good.  I think everyone is waiting for Yoona to start modeling though.  Everyone came just to see her and I know that everyone is anticipating her.  I looked to my left and saw Hyuna trying to cling to my arm.  I gently brushed her grip off of me.  I concluded to myself that she had been lying to me.  My heart is second guessing her, and if your heart is second guessing, then there must be something wrong then, right?  I don't know.  What makes it worst is that I'm getting married.  I don't know if she's the woman that I loved in the past.  It just seems like one big blur.  

I heard the music change and saw Yoona flaunting a blue dress down the runway.  Oh my gosh, she looks drop down gorgeous.  I don't know why she's such a brat, though.  It's as if everything I do annoys her.  Even the thought of me breathing probably annoys her.  Even if she's a brat, I can't deny that she looks beautiful.  She walked down the runway with confidence.  I was under her spell of beauty.  I know it sounds cheesy, but it's true.  I can't help but just stare at her.  Once she reached the end of the runway, I saw a goddess.  I always thought that women that lived here on Earth couldn't look like a goddess, but she was an exception to that statement.  She was extremely breathtaking.

As she turned around, a ring slipped out of her finger and hit me on my forehead.  I was taken aback by the fact that one of her accessories had hit my face.  She was walking back and all I could see was the back of her body.  The ring bounced off of my forehead and landed in my palm.  I picked it up and studied it.  Why would a high class woman wear such a simple ring?  I think I'll return it to her later.  Before I could put it in my pocket, I saw some markings on the inside of the platinum ring and I read it.

I will fulfill every promise I made.  I promise.

My head began to hurt and I held my head with both hands.  I was practically pulling my own hair.  I can feel the veins popping out of my own forehead.  I couldn't believe that those nine little words could cause me to react like this.  And that's when everything came back to me.

________________________________________________

The car was now parked to the side and Seunghyun stood up from his seat and sat next to Yoona.  He looked around the limo and he knew that there were three other people inside the limo.  The driver, the bodyguard in the front seat, and the bodyguard with them were still present with the two.  Seunghyun put he wine down on a little table.

"Everyone, get out.  I need to talk to her," he barked.

Everyone followed his strict orders and even the guards felt a sudden change in him.  He was usually so nice and bubbly, but now, he was more stern and grim.  Yoona had to admit that she was frightened as everyone exited the limo.  Yoona swallowed the saliva watering in .  She still could not believe that he remembered everything.  The car door shut confirming that the two were alone.  To Yoona's dismay, she was still tied up.  

Seunghyun leaned in closer to her and she started to breathe heavily.  She didn't know what to do.

"I don't know why you even thought that you could get away from me," he savagely stated.

Yoona could feel his short breaths on her neck.  She looked out the window in fright and remembered that the windows were tinted.  No one could see what was happening inside.  She shut her eyes and listened to his voice.  His voice had danger in it.  His bubbly tone was replaced with a menacing tone.

Yoona felt chills traveling up her spine as he kissed her neck softly.  She tried to wriggle out of the rope so that she could protest, but the rope was tightly wrapped around her hands.  She tried to kick, but the grip on the rope around her ankles was too strong.

"Do you remember when I kissed you here?" he asked in a low voice.

Yoona stopped breathing for a few seconds.  She didn't know how to react.   wasn't taped and she was free to talk, but she couldn't bring herself to utter a word.  She finally inhaled as she felt his hand running up and down her upper thigh.

"Do you remember when I touched you here?" he whispered as he continued to kiss her neck.

Yoona couldn't take it anymore.  She started to feel like a rag doll again.  Tears burst out from her eyes as a cry escaped her lips.

"Please, just stop!" Yoona started to cry louder, "I don't want this.  Just please stop it."

Seunghyun pulled away from her and saw the woman he thought he loved.  Now, he wasn't sure if he did.  He didn't know because of all the anger that she had given him.  It angered him that she tried to take away his past.  She hid his son from him and she knew how important Yoogeun would have been to him.  Part of him was hurt that he wasn't there for Yoogeun in the first stages in his life.  He didn't want Yoona raising him alone.  He wanted to raise him and teach him the things he needed to know.

"I have a proposition for you," Seunghyun announced as he began to untie her ankles and hands.

Yoona listened carefully.

"You tell Yoogeun that I'm his father," Seunghyun said, "And you marry me."

Yoona stared at him.  She couldn't marry him!  He had just frightened her and she just couldn't see him the same way anymore.  She thought that he was joking at first, but she saw his expression.  He was serious.  He was dead serious.

"I don't know if the sudden regain in memory made you think like a mental hospital patient, but you already know the answer to that," Yoona fired back, "I'm not getting married to you."

Yoona looked out the window and noticed that she was right in front of her own house.  She looked at Seunghyun and saw that he was expressionless.  He didn't smile or frown.  He was just neutral.  Yoona freed herself from the loose ropes.

"You can go now, then.  I asked Daesung and Seungri to take Yoogeun home, so he's there right now," Seunghyun told her.

Yoona swallowed, "Thank you."

Yoona opened the door to the limo and stepped out.  Before she could exit the limo, he grabbed her wrist and the two made eye contact.

"If you're not going to marry me and act as a family with me and Yoogeun, I'm going to have to file a case for full custody of Yoogeun.  I'll see you in the court room soon, Yoona," Seunghyun grinned evilly.

He shut the limo's door and the driver and bodyguards quickly entered the limo.  The limo drove off leaving Yoona in a haze.  She fell to her knees as the thought of completely losing Yoogeun rang in her mind.  Tears stained her face as she pushed them away with the back of her hand.  She saw Jonghyun and Onew running towards her with concern that she was sitting on the sidewalk alone crying.  They helped her up to her feet and walked her inside of the mansion.  She felt so weak that he practically carried her inside.  Inside, she saw Yoogeun holding a toy that she had bought for him in Japan.  He gave her a smile as he hugged her.

"Umma, I missed you!  Hyung didn't go to the wedding.  His girlfriend was crying a lot.  I don't think he loves her anymore," he informed her.

Yoona looked at her son.  She didn't want to lose him.  She knew that she would be a mess without him, but she couldn't bring herself to marry such a monster.

________________________________________________

A/N:  Lol, I know Seunghyun is pretty harsh, but who wouldn't act like him if they found out that they had a son after three years? lol.

Please read and comment! :)

I have so much more in my mind I need to write.  Expect an internal conflict inside of Jiyong's mind! :D