Midnight Getaway

Pinky Promise

The sound of her feet dragging across the floor was heard, but it didn't seem to disturb anyone.  Everyone was sleeping and Yoona hated that she was the only one in the house that had to get up early.  She yawned sleepily as she got out of the bathroom.  With her hair still wet, she put a towel on her head and put on a pair of jeans, a shirt, and a jacket.  She already planned that she was not going to get all dolled up for Jiyong and Seunghyun.  After she blow dried her hair, she crept out of the bathroom to see the luggage already set next to the bed.  Yoogeun was sleeping soundly on the bed as his soft snores echoed through the room.  Yoogeun didn't know that she was going to be gone and Yoona felt bad that he didn't know that she would be leaving for two days and a night.  She gently shook him and he peeked with one eye.  He looked tired, but she had his attention.

"Yoogeun ah, umma is going to leave soon," Yoona informed him.

His sleepy eyes were replaced with alert ones.  His eyes grew wide as his lips began to whimper.  Yoona slapped her forehead for even telling him in the first place.  Now she didn't know if she would be able to get out of the house without him crying.  She should have just left so that there wouldn't be a big scene.  His cries became audible as tears streamed down his face.

"Yoogeun, don't cry!" Yoona ordered, "I'm coming back in two days."

Yoogeun always followed her commands, so he tried to stop his cries, but he was unsuccessful.  His sobs had lowered down in volume, but he just couldn't stop.  He hated the idea of Yoona leaving him for more than a few hours.  When he was in preschool in Jeju Island, he cried almost every time she dropped him off to school.  Yoona took him into her arms and hugged him tight.  She kissed the side of his head as she patted his back softly.

Yoona knew that he was too attached to her.  She didn't know why he was like that.  When he was younger, she always made sure that he would play with other children so that he wouldn't rely on Yoona too much and so that he could make friends.  She didn't baby him too much and she never carried him excessively.  Yoona always thought that he was attached to her because she was the only family member he knew.  When they were in Jeju Island, Onew and Minho were always there for him, but he knew that they weren't closely related by blood.  Yoogeun was still adapting to his grandparents, so he relied on Yoona for everything.

"Umma will buy you everything you want in Japan.  I'll buy you a lot of toys and clothes," Yoona promised with hopes of calming him down.

"Buy me Power Ranger toys," Yoogeun tried to stop crying.

Yoona smiled, "Of course.  I need to go soon, though.  I already told your uncles to take care of you, and if they do something stupid like throw a party or something, you know what to do, right?"

Yoogeun began to ponder and raised a finger up in the air.

"I call you and tell on them!" Yoogeun laughed.

Yoona hugged him even tighter into her arms and began to kiss his face repeatedly.  

"Oh, my little angel is just like his umma!" Yoona sang.

The door opened and it was Minho, Onew, Taemin, and Jonghyun.  They were still in their pajamas and their house slippers.  Yoona laughed to see their faces.  They looked like zombies and Yoogeun pointed and began to giggle loudly.

"Aish, you two are very loud!" Taemin complained.

Yoona wondered, "Where's Key?"

Jonghyun gave a smirk as he rubbed his eyes.  He cupped his chin and flashed his white teeth.

"He's sleeping like a baby.  I think he had a great day with our dear Nicole!" Jonghyun assumed.

Yoona guessed that the confession that Key made to Nicole turned out to be a success.  Why else would he be able to sleep so comfortably?

Yoona's phone vibrated and she read a message.

"Hey, all of you take my luggage to the car!" Yoona demanded, "Seunghyun sshi and Jiyong sshi have come to pick me up!"

The four men unwillingly took her luggage and brought it to the front yard.  For the first time, Yoogeun didn't want to walk and he wanted to be carried by Yoona.  Yoona knew that he had a sudden change in heart because he honestly was going to miss her.  It was the longest time they were going to spend apart.  As soon as Yoona went outside, she saw a black Cadillac Escalade parked in the driveway.  There was a driver while Jiyong and Seunghyun occupied the seats in the middle row of the SUV.  

Jiyong rolled down his window and saw Yoona trying to take Yoogeun's grip off of her.  Seunghyun and Jiyong poked their heads out the window to watch the scene.  Onew, Minho, Jonghyun, and Taemin already put her luggage in the back.  

Yoona was trying to give Yoogeun to Minho, but Yoogeun's grip on her got tighter.  Yoona was trying to smile through it, but Yoogeun was making it difficult.  He had one hand clutched to her shirt as the other one held onto the back of her head of hair.  Minho pulled Yoogeun away, and Yoona winced in pain once she felt her hair getting tugged.  She blushed in embarrassment because Yoogeun pulled on her shirt also.  When he pulled her shirt, her abdomen was exposed for about five seconds.  Once Yoogeun's grip loosened, Minho took him into his arms as Yoogeun cried loudly.

"What did umma tell you?" Yoona lectured.

"I need to be a good boy," Yoogeun sobbed as he tried to cover his eyes.

Yoona smiled at him, "Remember that I'll be back before you know it.  I'll call you often, too!  I'll also buy you whatever you want.  Just be a good boy for your uncles, okay?"

Yoogeun nodded as he tried to wipe away his tears.  Yoona puckered her lips out and Yoogeun lightly kissed her lips.  Yoona kissed his cheek and then his forehead.  

"I love you, Im Yoogeun," Yoona whispered.

"I love you, too, umma," he whimpered.

Jonghyun crossed his arms and then he threw his arms around her.  Taemin, Minho, and Onew joined in on the hug.  Yoona felt suffocated for the moment as she tried to get out of the group hug.  Seunghyun and Jiyong felt the respect that the boys had for Yoona.

"Noona, I'm going to miss you, too!" Onew, Minho, Jonghyun, and Taemin cried out together.

Yoona laughed, "Okay, okay!  I'll buy you guys something, too!"

Yoona went into the SUV as the boys waved at her.  She saw them walk back into the house so that they could continue their rest.  Yoona found herself in the middle of Jiyong and Seunghyun because Seunghyun and Jiyong both called the window seats.  Yoona felt uncomfortable as she felt her heart stopping.  

"I think I'll just sit in the back row," Yoona told them.

Yoona climbed to the back but unfortunately, she got stuck midway through.  The SUV was already moving and the motion wasn't helping.  She was bumping her head side to side.  Her head and torso were in the back row while her waist and legs were still hanging over the row Seunghyun and Jiyong were in.  Jiyong and Seunghyun twisted their bodies to look at her progress, but then looked forward before Yoona caught them staring at her.  Her legs (and her ) was right in front of them.

"Yoona ah, your is right in front of my face," Jiyong teased.

Seunghyun gave him a disapproving look as Yoona screamed while she fell in the back row with her head landing first first.  Jiyong laughed comically at her embarrassment.  Yoona returned to her feet and sat down on the vacant seats.  She folded her arms in anger then smacked Jiyong's head.

"You're a ert!" Yoona yelled.

Seunghyun hid his smiles, "Jiyong ah, she's my stylist.  For one minute, can you try to stop hitting on her?"

"I just can't help it.  She's very beautiful," Jiyong added.

Seunghyun thought that he was joking, but when he looked at him, it seemed as if he was serious.  There wasn't that smug smile on his face anymore.  He looked dead serious.  Yoona sensed the awkwardness in the air.  Jiyong then smiled and laughed.  He turned around and saw Yoona sitting in the back row by herself.

"Yoona ah, don't you know that Seunghyun and I don't bite?" he joked, "Unless you want us to..."

Yoona rolled her eyes and stuck her tongue out.  She then lightly hit his head with her palm.  Seunghyun observed the two and concluded that they looked close.  He knew that Yoona seemed irritated by him, but it was as if they were friends.  Seunghyun had to admit that he was jealous of their friendship.

"Yoong, I saw your abs when your son pulled on your shirt!  I thought you would have stretch marks from your pregnancy.  How did you get rid of them?" Jiyong asked curiously.

Yoona rolled her eyes, "I got painful laser surgery to remove the marks.  Then I did rigorous workouts to melt the fat away."

"Did you guys know each other before?" Seunghyun asked.

"Yes, we were best friends.  We also dated," Jiyong claimed.

Yoona gasped aloud, "Shut up!  We never dated!"

"Well, we might have as well been!  Seunghyun ah, you don't know how crazy she was for me!" Jiyong cracked up in laughter, "I also made her into a great kisser!"

Yoona lightly tugged on his hair as she bit her lip.  He was revealing too much information.  Yoona was scared that Seunghyun might remember something if Jiyong revealed anything as big as that.

"Shut up!" Yoona repeated.

"Well, you did lose your first kiss to me," Jiyong boasted.

Jiyong's laughter stopped as he looked back at Yoona.  She was awfully silent.  Her long hair was pushed back as she stared out the window.  She wanted to avoid that statement.  Jiyong studied her and he was in shock.  He knew that the belief that she lost her first kiss to him was now false.

"Yoona, I'm wrong, huh?" Jiyong asked.

"Yes, you're wrong," Yoona intertwined her fingers together.

The rest of the car ride to the airport was fairly quiet.  Not one of the three wanted to talk anymore after the awkward conversation.  Once they went to the airport, Yoona was surprised to know that they weren't going on a regular plane with regular people.  They were actually going to a private jet that Seunghyun's family owned.  She reminded herself that she shouldn't have been surprised.  Only the best was expected for a man like him.  

Once the journey was over, Yoona felt extremely tired.  She still wanted to sleep, but she knew that she had to get to work soon.  

_______________________________

It was around 8 am when they landed in Tokyo.  Yoona was exhausted because they stopped working at 10 pm with only two breaks for lunch and dinner.  For more than half of the time in her break, she was talking to Yoogeun on the phone.  The lunch and dinner was pretty weird for the other half.  She was forced to eat with Jiyong and Seunghyun since she didn't know anyone else.  Because they were all tired, they all went to their own hotel rooms.  Jiyong and Seunghyun insisted on all three of them sharing one big hotel suite, but Yoona made up an excuse and lied.  She told them that it was her time of the month and she didn't want to disturb them with her cries due to her 'cramps'.  When she went into her hotel room, she took a quick shower.  When it was 11 pm, she decided that she couldn't just stay in the hotel room.

Her inner self was coming out.  She needed to explore the city.  She had never been to Tokyo and Sooyoung boasted many times that Daesung had taken her to Tokyo for a few dates.  Yoona had to look around to fulfill her wishes.  She put on a pair of jeans, a sweater, and her boots.  She wrapped a scarf around her neck and put her phone in her pocket.  She put her money in the other pocket and gave herself a quick check in the mirror.  The cold weather in Tokyo was present, so she chose to dress warmly.  

She walked out of the hotel and took a cab to a place she wanted to go.  She had wanted to go to the Tokyo Imperial Palace's East Garden for the longest time.  Once she reached it, she was in awe.  She saw a bunch of couples enjoying the beautiful scenery.  There was a lake and the blossom trees surrounded the whole place.  Yoona walked around as the pink blossoms danced around her.  She closed her eyes and inhaled the frosty air.  She then felt herself bumping into someone.  She opened her eyes and bowed to see a man in a coat looking at her.  He bowed to her, too.  Yoona stared at him and came to a conclusion that he was not Japanese.  He looked Korean.  Just to make to be on the safe side, she tried to speak to him in Japanese.

"Uh, sorry for...I mean...gomenasai?" Yoona was confused.

She was not fluent in Japanese.  She only knew how to barely knew how to say sorry, and to top that, she learned it from watching one of her Japanese dramas.  She blushed in a crimson shade and became embarrassed for her insufficient Japanese skills.

"It's okay," the man spoke in Korean, "I know Korean, too."

Yoona gave a relieved giggle and bowed to him again.

"I'm sorry for bumping into you.  I was just being very clumsy," she apologized.

The two sat down on a bench under a Sakura tree.  Yoona kept her distance from the man since she hardly knew him.  She gave him a friendly smile and then continued to look out at the scenery.  She tried to soak every single detail in.  The man directly faced her.

"Since we're the only two people in this place that doesn't have a significant other, we should stick together for tonight," he shyly proposed.

Yoona looked around and saw various couples holding hands and hugging.  Yoona laughed loudly after realizing that it was true.  They were the only two people that had no boyfriend or girlfriend with them.  Yoona nodded.

"Okay, I don't want to look like a loner either," Yoona giggled.

He stood up and offered her a handshake, "Hello, my name is Jang Wooyoung.  I'm 24 years old and I was born in Boston.  I moved to Seoul when I was fifteen.  I'm here on a small personal getaway."

He gave her an informal introduction with a bright smile on his face. Yoona grinned back and shook his hand while standing up.  He looked very handsome and for some reason, Yoona knew that they were going to be friends.   Of course, she couldn't possibly be thinking of dating so quickly, but she was interested in having a friendship with him.  Just like her, he felt the same.

"My name is Im Yoona.  I'm 22 years old and I'm was born and raised in Seoul.  I'm in Japan because I was forced to by my boss," Yoona introduced herself.

The two walked around the garden enjoying the whole place.  Yoona was adored by the flowers, the lake, the bridge, and the beautiful trees.  She felt at ease at the sight.  Although the two were walking together, they kept their distance from each other.

"Yoona, why are you so happy?" he asked.

Yoona smiled, "This is the place my mother and father met.  My father told me it was magical!  Although my mother never lived to tell the tale, I can assume that it was magical for her, too. Why are you here, Wooyoung?"

Wooyoung smiled and laughed, "I also met the woman that I love here.  That's a coincidence."

Yoona pouted as she heard that.  It was as if everyone had a love life.  Here she was:  stuck with a man that didn't remember her and a man that took her for granted.  She wanted to hear his story.  She knew that everyone had their own story.

"So, what's your love story about?" she asked.

Wooyoung looked at the lake and then threw a rock in the lake as they stood on top of a small stone bridge.  The rock skipped through forming ripples in the lake's surface.  Although the sun wasn't present to brighten up the garden, the moon was there to shine a light to them.  Wooyoung dug his hands deep into his pockets and tried to smile.

"I was in love with a simple girl.  She went here on a field trip.  Both of our schools went to Japan on the same time and date.  We didn't know each other, but we both got lost here, and then we sticked together because we couldn't understand Japanese.  We sticked together because she was the only one I can talk to.  She was the only person around me that knew Korean.  It turns out, she's probably the only person that understands me in the world.  We both took Japanese classes together when we both returned to Seoul.  I fell in love with her, but then she left me.  I'm a novel writer, and she knew that I had some fame.  She wanted to live a simple life, so she left me," Wooyoung voiced out.

Yoona was in awe to know that it was him.  He was the guy that Seohyun had competition with!  Seohyun and Wooyoung were the top two writers in Korea and it was hard to figure out who the best writer was.  Yoona felt guilty for hanging out with him.  Seohyun would probably kill her.

"Woah, I didn't know you were Kang Wooyoung, the writer," Yoona was amazed.

"Is it a bad thing?" he pondered.

Yoona grew embarrassed, "Oh, of course not!  I'm just honored to be in your presence."

Wooyoung laughed at the irony.

"Why are you honored?  You're the one that everyone's talking about.  The fashion industry is just excited about your work.  I have a few cousins in Europe that are models. They said that their companies have been trying to find designers that can outshine you, but so far, they have been unsuccessful," Wooyoung complimented.

"I didn't know that there was a group trying to bring me down," Yoona joked.

Wooyoung gave her his card with his number and the address of his office.  Yoona looked at the small white paper and looked back at him.  If he was telling her to call him, she was going to object.  She didn't want to lead him on.  She stood up, but was interrupted by him.

"I'm not giving you my number as a hookup," he cleared up, "I actually want to be your friend.  I think you're a cool woman."

Yoona then nodded while understanding that he had the same intentions as her.  She gave a satisfied grin and sat back down.  Then she heard the bush behind her rustling loudly.  She turned around and her eyes grew wide as her jaw dropped.  Wooyoung joined her and he couldn't help but laugh.

"I knew that a woman like you couldn't be single," Wooyoung insisted, "I'll get going now, Yoona.  I hope to get a phone call so that we can hang out with a group or so in Seoul."

Yoona saw the tall man walk away.  She adjusted her body so that she was facing the bush.  She saw Jiyong in the bush.  He was desperately trying to get out of the large green plant.  Yoona stared at him and saw his head peeking out of the bush as his body tried to gain its freedom.  Yoona was about to walk away from him, but he managed to get out of the tangle and run after her.

"What the hell are you doing?  Why are you following me?!" Yoona snarled.

Jiyong was out of breath, "I was just checking up on you!  I thought you might get into trouble and that you'd need help."

Yoona exhaled with an irritated tone.  She crossed her arms and glowered at him.  

"What do you think this is?  This isn't a movie, Jiyong!  This is reality!" Yoona yelled.  

The two were out of the garden already and they were now in the streets of Tokyo.  Luckily, there weren't very many people in the somewhat empty street.

"What's wrong with you?  You changed so much," Jiyong asked.

Yoona gawked at him and pressed her lips together.  She was pissed off that he asked that.  If it wasn't obvious enough, she changed because she was now a mother.  Three years had gone by and he should have known that she wouldn't have remained as the same person.

"I'm a mother now.  Unlike you, I now have responsibilities!" Yoona fired at him.

Jiyong grabbed her wrist tightly, "I have responsibilities, too!"

"Like what?  Party and drink like there's no tomorrow?" Yoona scoffed.

"No, I have to take care of you!" Jiyong declared.

Yoona rolled her eyes at the statement.  So far in her life, only one man has taken real care of her, and he was her father.  Yoona felt as if her father was the only man that didn't let her down.  She eyes felt moist and it began to brim on the edge of her eye's waterline.

"No, you never took care of me!  No one ever has except for my father!  You didn't take care of me, and Seunghyun didn't take care of me!  Both of you guys are the biggest asses in the world!" Yoona exploded.

Yoona knew that it was kind of false.  Seunghyun took care of her in a different way.  He left her for her own good.  Jiyong also took care of her in high school.  He protected her from all the boys that bothered her.

"I did take care of you!" Jiyong shouted.

"Whatever," Yoona shrugged with attitude.

Jiyong confessed, "I went back to America because I got a threatening letter!  It stated that if I didn't go back, something bad would happen to you!  I found out Gyuri sent it to me.  I broke up with her because I still love with you!  I don't know why I still do.  My heart doesn't care that you had a child with someone else.  My heart just can't let go of you."

Yoona couldn't believe her ears.  All she could do was stare at him.  She didn't want to believe his words, but she knew that he was not a liar.  He wouldn't lie about something this serious.  For quite some time, the two just stared at each other.  Yoona didn't know what to say.  She didn't know what to do, but stare at him.  

He quickly grabbed both ends of her scarf and pulled her into him.  She became startled as he took both of his hands and held her head firmly as he kissed her lips.  Yoona remained as frozen as a glacier.  Her eyes were popping out of her eye sockets as she finally felt his soft lips against hers for the first time in quite some time.

He pulled away from the kiss and then walked away from her.  Yoona watched him get into a cab.  The cab then drove away from her into the heart of Tokyo.

 

__________________

Thank you for reading! ^^

If you ever wondered how I got into SoshiBang, I made whole ranting about it, lol.  You don't have to read it or agree with it, but here's the link.

CLICK HERE TO READ MY RANT BELIEFS