Birthday Party

Pinky Promise

Everything was set on the table.  All of the food, drinks, and the birthday cake was displayed on the table.  The amount of food and drinks was unbelievable.  The number of guests was even more outrageous.  Yoona had tried to remove her thoughts about Seunghyun from her brain so that Yoogeun could enjoy his birthday party.  He was so happy because he had finally turned three.  Sunny made the cake and Yoona was surprised when Sunny and Sungmin brought it in from their car.  It had three layers and it was in his favorite color.  The blue cake stood tall from the table.

Yoona asked Yoogeun where he wanted his birthday party.  Yoona suggested an amusement park, a restaurant, or in the house, but Yoogeun insisted that he wanted it in the park.  Yoona agreed without a second thought.  She tried to enjoy the beautiful day.  The grass was greener, the sky was bluer, and the birds were chirping happily.  It was hard for her to act as if nothing had happened.  His words scarred her and they still haunted her like a ghost.  She shook away her thoughts and tried to focus on Yoogeun having a great time.  A bunch of little kids were seen running around the park.  Yoona decided to go all out and rent a few bounce houses, a petting zoo, a couple of clowns, and a few games.

Along with all of the children, Yoona's closest friends had arrived.  Yuri had suggested her to invite Seunghyun and Jiyong, but because she was still scared of Seunghyun, she had only invited Jiyong.  Much to her surprise, Jiyong arrived with Gyuri.  It was as if they didn't even break up.  Jiyong approached Yoona with a wrapped gift in his hand.  He gave a smile as the other hand held Gyuri's delicate hand.

"Hi, Yoona," Jiyong gave a faint smile, "I'm glad you invited me.  I actually have a gift for Yoogeun.  It's the Transformer toy that he had been bugging you for."

Yoona swallowed and smiled at him, "Thank you to the both of you.  Thanks for coming and thanks for the gift.  I'm sure that Yoogeun is going to like it."

Even Yoona was surprised that she was polite to Gyuri.  A guest started to talk to Gyuri and soon enough, Gyuri was out of their hair.  Yoona grabbed his wrist and brought him closer to her.  She was worried about him.  He had been acting so weird lately and to her, his smile wasn't genuine anymore.  

"What's wrong?  Gyuri's gone.  Just please tell me," Yoona offered.

Jiyong shook his head, "Nothing is wrong.  If you didn't know, Gyuri and I are back together."

"Yeah, I can tell!" Yoona whispered, "I'm not jealous or anything because things are very complicated now, but when you smile, it just doesn't convince me...that you're happy.  I'm actually concerned as a friend."

Jiyong swallowed his saliva nervously.  That signaled Yoona that he was lying.  She knew his body language along with Seunghyun's.  There was something wrong and Yoona knew that he was hiding it from everybody.  Jiyong gave a weak smile that tried to assure her that everything was fine, but she still didn't believe it.

Gyuri sensed the two talking and approached them.  She took Jiyong's hand and held it tightly as she smiled.  Yoona gave her a fake grin and rolled her eyes as soon as she turned around from the two of them.  When Gyuri held his hand, it was as if she was marking her own territory in front of Yoona.  Yoona wasn't there to steal him away.  She was just a concerned friend.

As soon as she moved away from them, she looked for someone else to talk to.  She wanted to play it off that she left so that she could entertain her other guests.  She went over to Seungri and Seohyun.  Yoona giggled to see them bickering again.  Seohyun crossed her arms as Seungri tried to regain her attention.  

"Babe, please listen to me!  I'm sorry!" Seungri pleaded.

Seohyun looked at Seungri and sticked her tongue out.  Seungri pulled on her shirt's sleeve, but she brushed him off angrily.

"I don't want you drinking anymore!  How dare you go to my house late at night and think that I wouldn't be mad?  You wreaked of whiskey and you were acting so stupid!  You promised me that you wouldn't drink again," Seohyun fired back.

"I'm sorry," Seungri repeated, "I won't do it again!"

Seungri pulled Seohyun's waist with two hands and kissed her straight on the lips.  Yoona laughed aloud to see Seohyun slap his face gently.  It didn't cause a big scene because she did it instinctively.  She did it out of shock.  Seungri knew that she didn't like showing public affection.

"I told you!" Seohyun pointed a finger at him, "I don't want you kissing, hugging, or even touching me in public!"

Yoona had to interrupt them.  They were very cute and Yoona couldn't just watch anymore.

"Omo, you two are very adorable!" Yoona gushed, "I'm so jealous!"

Seohyun and Seungri didn't even see Yoona watching them.  They immediately stopped arguing and hugged her as a greeting.  Yoona concluded that their relationship was still going strong.  Arguments were unavoidable and couples only grew stronger from them.  It seemed as if Seohyun and Seungri forgot about their argument because Yoona saw Seungri leaning his head on Seohyun's shoulder.

"Unnie, I heard about what happened yesterday," Seohyun admitted, "I want to give you all of my support."

Seohyun hugged her unnie tightly as Yoona put on a brave face.  She didn't want to look weak.  Seungri tapped Yoona's back and caught her attention.  Seungri turned to Seohyun and gave his girlfriend a little smile.

"Seohyun, do you mind if I talk to Yoona alone?" Seungri asked.

"Of course not," Seohyun smiled, "I'll go get some punch."

Seohyun left the two alone.  Yoona was a bit nervous as Seohyun left.  She knew that they were going to talk about Seunghyun since Seunghyun and Seungri were brothers.  Yoona opened her ears and was ready for whatever Seungri was going to tell her.

"I know that you're still uncomfortable about the whole situation, but it's something that we can't avoid.  Hyung regained his memories and he knows about Yoogeun," Seungri stated.

Yoona nodded, "I know.  He kind of kidnapped me yesterday and he informed me in an unnecessary way that he remembered everything.  He also told me that he wants full custody of Yoogeun."

Seungri slapped his forehead after hearing Yoona's words.  He couldn't believe Seunghyun.  HIs sudden change was very drastic and it was as if he was another person.

"It's like I don't know him anymore!" Seungri told her, "I don't know what's wrong with him.  After I got home from your fashion show, the whole house was a mess.  He practically destroyed the library and one of the living rooms.  The maids had to clean it up and after that, he was so cold towards us.  He was angry that we didn't tell him, but after my mother had a talk with him, he calmed down a bit.  I guess she convinced him that we couldn't tell him the truth because it was bad for him.  I just can't believe that he transformed into such an mean person.  I can't believe he kidnapped you!  He can't do this to you.  He knows how important Yoogeun is to you."

"The case can't be bad, right?" Yoona asked, "He might not even win the case.  He can't use it against me that I can't sufficiently support Yoogeun.  With my father's money and my own money, I can support my son.  There's nothing he can use against me."

Seungri shook his head and held Yoona's shoulders with both of his hands.

"Whatever you do, don't ever underestimate him.  I shouldn't be telling you this because you're the woman he's fighting against for Yoogeun's custody, but don't forget that he belongs to one of the top three richest families in Seoul.  My family is capable of anything and plus we have the best lawyer in Korea.  Our lawyer never lost a case and I'm sure that Seunghyun would be able to win the case against you with a snap of his fingers.  He'll dig deep and unveil all the dirt that you have.  Just don't underestimate hyung.  Always keep your guard up," Seungri warned.

Yoona saw the compassion in Seungri's eyes.  She knew that he was serious.  She nodded indicating him that she understood his only warning to her.  She could not underestimate him.  As soon as she finished her talk with Seungri, she saw a large SUV park on the side of the park.  Seunghyun emerged from the vehicle and two of this bodyguards took a large wrapped box from the trunk.  Yoona rolled her eyes as she approached him.  He had a cocky grin on his face and because of his new persona, he had to arrive fashionably late.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Yoona hissed at Seunghyun.

Seunghyun shrugged, "I'm here for my son.  It is his birthday and I am his father.  I don't see anything wrong with that."

Yoona grew weak as she tried her best to keep her balance.  Her knees were wobbling at the sight of him.  Yoogeun ran up to the two past lovers and hugged Seunghyun at sight.  Seunghyun flashed a real smile and carried Yoogeun into his arms.  Yoogeun giggled loudly as Seunghyun hugged him and kissed his cheek.  It was the first time Yoona saw a genuine smile on his face in so long.

"Happy birthday, Yoogeun," Seunghyun greeted him.

"Thank you, hyung," Yoogeun beamed.

Yoogeun was still in Seunghyun's arms when Yoona grabbed Seunghyun's wrist and forced the two to follow her.  The new family sat on an empty picnic table.  Yoogeun sat on top of the table as Yoona and Seunghyun sat on the bench to the table.  Yoona held Yoogeun's hands as tears began to swell up on the rims of her eyes.  She tried to talk, but words didn't come out.  She closed her eyes and tried to recollect all of her courage.  She opened her eyes again and kissed Yoogeun's hand.

"Baby, do you remember when you told me that you wanted your appa for your birthday?  From all of the toys that you could have had, you chose your appa instead," Yoona said quietly.

Yoogeun nodded with enthusiasm.  He was excited because Yoona never brought the subject of his father up.  

"Well, your birthday wish came true," Yoona stated, "Your appa is here.  Your appa came back for us as I promised."

Yoogeun was a bit clueless.  He didn't know what to do.  Being the child he was, he expected Yoona to wrap his father up in a gift box so that Yoogeun could unwrap the gift.  He looked around the park, but he didn't see a male that wasn't a familiar face.  Yoona shook her head telling him to stop looking around.

"Yoogeun, your appa is your hyung.  Your appa is your Seunghyun hyung," Yoona informed him.

The sight was priceless.  Yoogeun's eyes grew wide with excitement.  He jumped off the picnic table and landed in Seunghyun's arms.  Seunghyun gave off a hearty laugh as they hugged for the first time as a father and son pairing.  Yoona took a small handkerchief and wiped the little tears forming on the side of her eyes.  She didn't know if she was crying because she was scared of the future or if she was happy that Yoogeun had finally met his father.

On the other hand, Seunghyun was surprised that Yoona had told him herself.  He thought that he was going to have to tell Yoogeun that he was his father.  Seunghyun may have been angry at Yoona at the moment, but she had his respect.  She had enough courage to tell their son that he was his father.  Yoona tried to smile as Yoogeun swung his free arm around his mother's neck.

"We're one family now!" Yoogeun cried out loud.

Yoona didn't know how to react to his statement.  They weren't going to be a normal family because Seunghyun and Yoona didn't get along, they weren't together, and they had a harsh past.  Jonghyun ran over to the new family with his camera.  He gave them a smirk as he pulled out his camera.

"Pose for the camera!" Jonghyun requested.

Yoona covered her face, "Jonghyun, now isn't the time."

"Come on, noona!" Jonghyun pleaded, "It's Yoogeun's birthday."

Yoona reluctantly agreed and uncovered her face.  She gave a frown to the camera and Jonghyun still refused to take the picture.  He pointed at his own mouth indicating for Yoona to smile for the photograph.  Yoona finally gave a smile so that he would get out of their hair.

(Credit goes to Nomadzs)

Once the picture was shot, Jonghyun returned to taking pictures of the other guests.  Seunghyun and Yoona remained silent as they listened to their son talk about how much fun he was having.  Yoona knew that Seunghyun was just putting up a front.  In front of Yoogeun, he may be acting like a good person, but she knew that when they were both alone, he would be ready to pounce on her like a cheetah.  He wouldn't show mercy and he would do whatever it took to make Yoogeun his.  Yoona had to set aside the thoughts for now.  She wanted her son to enjoy his birthday party.


The birthday party was soon over and Seunghyun sat in his office chair while he twirled on the leather seat.  His hands were folded as his elbows rested on the armchair.  He took a deep breath and took out a cigar.  He haven't smoked in such a long time.  He remembered smoking casually when he was in college, but when he met Yoona, she made him quit.  Since he figured that Yoona didn't really care anymore, he figured that a puff wouldn't hurt.  The mechanism in his mind had made a drastic change.  His mind shifted into the goal of seeing Yoona suffer.  He was still furious that she hid a child from him.  

The door to his office opened and he saw Daesung walk in with a folder in his hands.  Daesung walked in slowly and it seemed as if he was hesitant about whether he should give the folder to Seunghyun or not.  Seunghyun beckoned for him to walk faster.  Daesung sighed as he followed his older brother's orders.  He dropped the folder on Seunghyun's desk and examined his brother.  He looked like a villain.

"Hyung, don't you think that you're taking it too far?" Daesung finally spoke.

The night was still young and Daesung's words were clearly heard through the large home office.  Seunghyun glanced over at his expensive watch.  It was barely a few minutes past ten.  Seunghyun reached for the folder and gave a grim smile as he read the documents.

"Nope," Seunghyun cut the silence, "I'm not taking it too far.  She took it too far when she tried to hide him from me."

Daesung interfered, "Hyung, what if Yoogeun isn't even your son?  We need to make sure."

Honestly, Daesung wasn't doubting Yoona.  He just wanted Seunghyun to ease down and not blame Yoona for everything.

"I do not want to question if he's my son or not.  I know that he is.  When I see him, I see myself.  And plus, I have to admit that Yoona isn't a promiscuous woman.  I know that I'm the only man that she had ever been with at the time Yoogeun was conceived.  I'm pretty sure that I'm still the only one that she had been with up until now," Seunghyun guessed.

Daesung couldn't take it anymore.  He knew that it was a fact that Seunghyun still loved Yoona.  He was just being very stubborn.

"I know that you still love Yoona," Daesung told him, "If you love her, then why are you trying to make her suffer?  You know that Yoogeun is her world.  Why would you try to take away the most important thing to her?  She has been through a lot because of you and Jiyong."

Seunghyun didn't answer for a while. He just puffed out some more smoke that he had inhaled from the thick cigar.  He put the cigar down and crushed it on the black ashtray that sat on his desk.

"If she wants to be with Yoogeun, then she has to be with me, too.  If she truly wants to have custody over him, she has to marry me.  It's just as simple as that," Seunghyun answered sternly.

"Hyung," Daesung called out as Seunghyun looked at his brother, "You're going to hurt her once she finds out about the approved request."

Seunghyun stared up at the ceiling and looked back at his life.  All his life, he had things taken away from him.  As a child, his self-respect was stripped away when the other children his age made fun of his weight.  As a young adult, the first woman he fell in love with died and he didn't even get to give her his final goodbye.  As a mature adult, the woman he was head over heels for ran away with their their unborn child.  He didn't even know about the baby and he hated to admit that he was crazy in love for her.  

"I know," he replied.


The next day...

Yoona dressed up her son in jeans and a shirt.  They were going to go on a shopping trip together and Yoona wanted to enjoy every little moment with him.  She wasn't sure when his 'evil' father would in and take him from her.  Yoona buttoned up his shirt as he tried to keep still.  He wanted to make it easier for Yoona to dress him up.  

"Umma, where's appa?  Is appa coming with us?" Yoogeun asked.

"No, he's not coming with us."

Yoogeun was confused.  Because of the media, he thought that a mother and father were supposed to be together all the time.  They were supposed to be in love, but when he saw Yoona with Seunghyun, he saw nothing but two strangers.

"I watched a movie with Onew hyung," Yoogeun stated, "It was about a family.  And the umma and appa slept in the same bed.  How come you and appa don't sleep in the same bed?"

Yoona began to question herself why he was suddenly beginning to ask so many questions.  He was never this curious.  

"I don't sleep in the same bed with him because I'm already sleeping next to you," Yoona smiled at him.

Yoogeun still wasn't satisfied.

"Well, I'll just get my own room then," he crossed his arms, "You can sleep next to appa."

"Aish, let's just get going now!" Yoona grabbed him as they made their way out the house.

Yoona and Yoogeun went to a restaurant first because they had not eaten breakfast.  Yoona and Yoogeun sat on a table as Yoona began to read off the menu to Yoogeun.  Yoona saw the door to the small restaurant open.  The bell on the top of the door rang loudly and Yoona's eyes drifted to the door.  She looked away and put her head down.

"Appa!" Yoogeun shouted.

Yoogeun jumped off his seat and ran up to his father.  Seunghyun kneeled down and caught Yoogeun after Yoogeun jumped into his arms.  Yoona sipped on her iced tea and ignored the father-son reunion.  


Yoona couldn't believe the documents that Seunghyun had shown to her.  They were at his house.  Yoona had told Seunghyun to follow him into his office and then he showed her the documents.  Yoogeun was playing with his grandmother, so the two were alone.  Yoona read through the documents and threw them on the floor.  Her knees began to wobble as she tried to keep herself from falling.  It was a bad day to wear heels.

"No, you can't do this," Yoona whimpered.

"Yes, I can," Seunghyun said, "And I will."

"How can the judge grant you custody of Yoogeun until the trial begins?  I'm the one who raised him," Yoona cried out.

Seunghyun lowered his voice, "Listen, it's not like the decision is already final.  The judge just granted me custody of him before and during the trial.  I mean you can still visit him, but he needs to sleep at my house.  You chose to have it the hard way."

"Marrying you would not be so easy," Yoona hissed at him.

Seunghyun was amused, "Really?  I thought it would be pretty easy."

"You're just not the same person as before.  You transformed from the hero of my life to nothing but a villain.  I don't think you're the same man," Yoona admitted truthfully.

Seunghyun ticked and he grabbed her wrist roughly.  The fear that she had for him grew as she stared at the man that fathered her child. His eyes were completely terrifying.  Yoona felt that the blood under his skin was boiling.  The heat that his skin gave off was felt as his skin touched hers.  His grip on her wrist tightened as she tried to fish herself out of his hands.

"You made me into this man.  You made me into this monster!" he accused her.

"No, I didn't!" Yoona rejected.

Seunghyun yelled, "Yes, you did!  You tried taking everything away from me!  I was a good man to you, but it still wasn't good enough!  You still tried to hide Yoogeun from me!  You tried taking away my past!  If only you told me, I wouldn't be like this!"

Yoona's wrist began to turn red and she was struggling to escape his clutches.  She let out a cry of struggle and he realized that he was hurting her.  He let go of her wrist immediately and she rubbed it to try to ease the pain.

"Do you know how hard it would have been if I told you?  You were in love with another woman and you were engaged!  If I told you, your life would have changed drastically.  I didn't want to interfere!" Yoona screamed.

"I don't care!" he was frustrated, "I'd rather have had you tell me the truth so that I didn't have to live a single second in a life full of lies!  The love that I had for Hyuna was one big lie!  It was love that I thought I had for her!  And how dare you accept the offer to have Yoogeun as the ring bearer? If I only knew that he was my son, I would have never asked.  How dare you do that?  You were in full support of my marriage.  How can you watch the father of your son get married to another woman?  Are you not in love with me anymore?!" 

Yoona looked down at the floor.

"I'm still in love with Choi Seunghyun," Yoona announced, "I'm in the love the Choi Seunghyun that I know from the past.  You're nothing but a replica of him.  You're not him."

"Yoona, don't anger me," Seunghyun sat on a chair and crossed his legs.

Yoona was confused.  If he wasn't angry while they argued, she wondered how he was when he truly was angry.  She stared at him and saw the intense look he had in his eyes.  His eyes just glistened with confidence.

"We both know that I'll win the case for the custody of Yoogeun.  I have the best lawyer and I'm friends with the judge.  You don't stand a chance," Seunghyun announced.

Yoona clutched the hem of her skirt in nervousness.

"When I get full custody of our son, I won't let him see you or even talk to you.  I suggest that you just marry me already.  That's the only way you can be a part of Yoogeun's life," Seunghyun advised.

"Who's your lawyer?" Yoona asked.

"Park Bom," Seunghyun answered.

Yoona felt herself choking.  Park Bom was the best lawyer in Asia.  She graduated on the top of her class and to top that, she was also the richest lawyer in all of Asia.  Yoona couldn't breathe.  She knew that Bom could win the case without putting her best efforts in it.  Yoona couldn't believe it.  What brought down Yoona's hopes that she might win was the fact that from the seven years Bom had spent as a lawyer, she didn't lose one case.  She was that good.

"I still can't bring myself to be your bride," Yoona glared, "I just can't."

_____________________________________

A/N:  I had to add Park Bom in there because she's my bias in 2ne1, lol. :)

Bom might make her appearance in the next chapter, so anticipate it please! :D