Last Farewell

Pinky Promise

Jiyong sat on a bench as he waited for someone.  His long coat and scarf served as a disguise for him.  His hat covered his whole head as he breathed in the air.  He looked at his phone to check the time.  It was 5:27 a.m.  He understood why they had to meet at such a ridiculous time.  The press was onto him and he needed to have a talk privately with someone.  The park that he usually went to was empty.  No one was there except for him.  The morning dew was visible on the grass as he stared at the empty playground that was usually filled with screaming children.  He folded his fragile hands together and yawned.  He was so sleepy.  He woke up at 5 a.m. just for this little talk.  He heard the bench creak as someone sat at the opposite side.  Jiyong looked to his right and saw Seunghyun sitting there as he gazed up at the dark sky.  The sun hasn't rose yet.

"You have a lot of explaining to do," Seunghyun finally said.

Jiyong closed his eyes.  He knew that he screwed everything up.  Seunghyun called him at midnight just to meet up with Jiyong at five in the morning in the park.  He nervously swallowed at what Seunghyun was going to say or do to him.  Jiyong opened his eyes and saw that Seunghyun looked extremely angry.  He knew that Seunghyun was just trying to contain himself because they were in a public place.

"Look, I know that I messed up," Jiyong admitted.

"You did more than mess up!  You exposed Yoona.  She is now the target of the whole female population in Korea!  Do you know how much she's suffering already?  How can you do this to her?!" Seunghyun erupted.

"I didn't mean for this to happen!  I just thought that the press wouldn't mind if I admitted it because of all the girls I dated in America," Jiyong loosened his scarf.

Seunghyun massaged his temples as he looked at him with disbelief.  How can he think that his Korean fans would be okay with him liking someone?  He forgot how powerful netizens were.  Seunghyun sighed.  You could even see his own breath due to the cold morning.

"You forgot that this is Korea, not America.  In America, fans wouldn't mind if their idols date, but here, the fans are possessive.  You know that and you still went through with it!" Seunghyun accused him.

"Yoona wouldn't mind!" Jiyong assured him, "She's a strong woman."

"A strong woman can only take so much.  You're just adding onto her stress!" Seunghyun fired back.

"She'll get through this!" Jiyong repeated.

Their voices were echoing through the sky as their noise level rose significantly.  They were both thankful that the park that they were in was away from residential homes.  Seunghyun clenched his jaw because Jiyong kept on saying that Yoona would be fine with it.  He felt that he already gave her enough pain, and Jiyong's added pain would be too unbearable for her.  

Seunghyun's rage took over him as he grabbed Jiyong's collars.

"I want to leave this place knowing that she's taken care of.  How am I going to be assured that she'll be okay with you if you can't even take care of her when I'm still here?!" Seunghyun yelled out in frustration.

"I'll protect her from my fans!" Jiyong yelled back, "The worst they can do is call her names!" 

_________________________________

Yoona walked around the mall with two close guy friends at her side.  She was annoyed that everywhere she went, someone had to be with her.  She needed privacy and she wasn't getting it at all. The mall was barely filled with people and there was no noise but a few conversations and whispers.  Yoona knew that her friends put the two men up to this.  She knew that Taeyeon ordered them to follow Yoona wherever she went just in case people noticed that she was Im Yoona.  The girls were afraid that she may be attacked by some of Jiyong's fans.

"Donghae and Eunhyuk, you two can just leave me alone already.  I'm just going to buy some earrings and a few other accessories," Yoona assured them.

Eunhyuk crossed his arms, "My jagiya said that we can't leave you no matter what!"

Hyoyeon was always the protective type of friend.  Yoona was glad that they were trying to protect her, but she just needed some space.  She needed to find a way around them.  She pulled the two men to the food court saying that she was hungry.  Eunhyuk agreed as she dragged the both of them to the food court.

"Oppa, you should order a slice of pizza, a burger, a roll of sushi, fries, and a large soda," Yoona requested.

Donghae laughed, "I guess she ordered for all of us already."

"No, this is for me!  You guys can order your own food!" Yoona  pouted.

Donghae was wrong to expect that she would actually share the food.  He chuckled as they both wrapped their arms around her.  They treated her like a little sister and they felt as if they should protect her like she was a little sister.  They knew the situation she was in and they felt her pain.  First, the man she was in love with since high school took her for granted and broke her heart by dating other girls even when he knew that she liked him.  Second, she falls for another man that is leaving for China.  Last, she was hated by most of the female population in Korea.  She was supposed to live the luxurious life of the daughter of a prestigious college dean, but she was living life with more complications.

After they ordered their food, they sat on a table as Yoona started to eat.  She put her meal to a halt as she stood up from the cold food court chair.

"I need to go to the restroom," she told him.

They nodded and continued with their food.  They were so hungry because they didn't even eat breakfast.  Yoona had a mischievous grin on her face as she escaped from them.  She turned her phone on vibrate so that she couldn't hear them calling her when they noticed that she was missing.  She went into a store and browsed around the colorful clothing.  

"That's Im Yoona!" a girl pointed at her.

Yoona ran as she saw a girl with short black hair pointing a daring finger at her.  Soon, a mob of girls was chasing Yoona.  Yoona's tears began to form at the corners of her eyes as she quickened her pace.  She felt a splash of a cold liquid hit her back and assumed that one of the girls threw a smoothie at her or something.  It didn't hurt her physically, but it did hurt emotionally.  A different girl even ripped the sleeve to her shirt and she saw a bruise forming on the side of her neck when someone tried to punch her there.  Yoona ran to a restroom and locked the door.  She heard pounding and yelling.  Yoona took out her phone and dialed a number.  After about five rings, the voice answered.  Yoona held the phone shakily against her ear as she tried to refrain herself from crying.

"Hello," Daesung answered.

Yoona called the Choi residence in hopes of talking to Seunghyun.  Seunghyun changed his cell phone number because he wanted to ignore Yoona's phone calls and texts.  Daesung was startled to hear the desperation in Yoona's voice.  Her voice sounded unstable and frightened.  Daesung became immediately concerned.

"Daesung, where's Seunghyun?" Yoona asked.

"Yoona, you haven't heard yet?  He's in the airport.  He's leaving for China today," Daesung replied, "Where are you?  Are you okay?"

"I'm not okay," Yoona cried slowly.

"Tell me where you are.  I'll pick you up and race you to the airport.  Hopefully, we'll make it in time," Daesung offered.

______________________________________

Yoona could see Daesung's car right out the window of the restroom.  The mob of girls were still outside the restroom so it was impossible for Yoona to make her way through the door.  Yoona looked at the window and saw that Daesung had gotten out of the car and opened the window to the restroom.  Yoona stepped on top of the toilet and with his help, she slid through the small window.  Daesung dusted Yoona's pants off as she walked towards the car.  Once they were both in, Daesung drove off.

Her appearance made him worry.  Her face looked red from crying, there was a bruise at the side of her neck, her back was stained with some type of orange liquid, and her hair was in tangles because someone obviously pulled on it.  Yoona put on a brave face and acted as if nothing was wrong.  Daesung admired her for her courage.  Sooyoung didn't exaggerate it when she told him that Yoona was one of the strongest girls she knew.

"Everything will be alright in the end," he tried to brighten up the mood, "You're a good person and bad things do not happen to good people.  God is just testing you right now.  He has a plan for you.  You'll have your happy ending.  Just remember that everything happens for a reason."

Yoona nodded in appreciated as the tears dripped from her face.

"Daesung oppa...thank you...thank you for everything," Yoona bowed her head, "I know that Seunghyun told you to ignore me after everything that happened.  I know that you feel awkward helping me because you're going against your brother's words, but I just want you to know how much I appreciate what you're doing for me.  Sooyoung didn't make a mistake when she chose a man.  You're a good man."

"Thank you, Yoona, but I don't think I'm that great," he laughed, "I'm just doing what I think is right.  I wouldn't want hyung to leave for several years without seeing the woman he loves."

The words rang into her head as Daesung scrunched up his face in regret at what he just said.  Yoona shook off the thought.  Maybe he was talking about how Seunghyun loved her in the past.  Feelings change as much as the seasons in the year.  She told herself that it was exactly what happened.  He had feelings for her, but it suddenly changed for a girl in China.  Yoona gathered all the courage she had left as she exited the car.  He may not love her anymore, but she wanted to bid him farewell as a friend.

Yoona stepped out of the car and walked to the airport.  She was led by Daesung who cleared the security and ordered them to take them to where Seunghyun was.  After about three minutes of walking, Yoona saw him again.  He was leaning on the tall luggage looking really bored.  His black hair wasn't fixed and he covered his eyes with glasses.

The man in front of Yoona stared at the floor as he waited for his flight to call him in.  Yoona slowly approached him with a nervous look on her face.  He felt her presence and looked up at her.  He was taken aback that she even went.  His eyes softened as he saw her appearance.  He was thankful that she couldn't see how his eyes turned gentle. He told himself over and over again that he needed to ignore her.  Even if she was crying, he needed to ignore it.  She was getting too used to him saving her.  Jiyong was there to save her now.

"Oppa, please listen to me for a while!" Yoona held his hand.

He brushed her away as he swallowed.  He saw her ripped clothes and the bruise at the side of her neck.  She looked like she was attacked by an army.  He sighed.  He made a mental note that he needed to text Jiyong to double up on his guard when he was with her.  He didn't say a word and he refused to make eye contact.  It looked as if Yoona was hurt, so he decided to ignore it.  He remembered his goal that he had to act like the biggest jerk in history so that it would hurt less when he left.

"I don't want to listen to you," Seunghyun coldly replied.

"Hyung, just give her a damned chance!" Daesung butted in, "Think about how she's feeling!  She's been your friend and if you don't love her anymore, then alright, but at least let her talk to you as a friend!"

"Daesung, don't get in between this!" Seunghyun ordered.

"No, hyung! Look at her! She's a mess because of you!  At least give her a chance to say her goodbye!  After this, you won't see her for five years!  Don't throw away a friendship over that!" Daesung burst out.

Seunghyun rolled his eyes, grabbed Yoona's wrist, and led her to an empty hall.  Daesung finally cracked a smile as he saw that they were finally going to say their goodbyes to each other.  Knowing Seunghyun, he wanted privacy when he said his goodbye to her.  Daesung's frown returned when he remembered that Seunghyun was going to be cruel to her.  He told them over and over again that it was the only way to make her hate him.

Seunghyun led her to an empty hall.  There were no people nor staff members.  He swung her as her back hit against the hard white wall.  She blinked in frustration at how angry he looked.  She couldn't even see his eyes through the dark sunglasses, but she knew that he was angry.

"What did you want to say again?" he said harshly.

Yoona stuttered, "O-oppa, I just wanted to tell you something very important.  I think that you should know that—"

"That what?  You're in love with me?! Please stop joking around with me!  Don't tell me that you're in love with the playboy!" he laughed mockingly, "If you didn't know, I'm a bigger playboy than Jiyong.  If I were you, I wouldn't want anything to do with a guy like me."

"I don't care!  I need to tell you something!" Yoona burst out.

Seunghyun punched the wall near Yoona, and she jumped up in shock.  He looked serious and scary.  Yoona closed her eyes as the tears began to fall like a waterfall.  

"What? Are you going to cry now?  Just do me a favor and forget about me!  I don't want to be with you.  I never thought it would get to the point where I had to tell you that I don't want you.  I don't want you in my life and I don't need you in my life.  Just do us all a favor and go back to your stupid little college campus and be the queen that everyone fears!" he spat with lies.

He hated himself for telling that to her.  Truth was that he needed her in his life.  He didn't only want her, but she was needed.  She was a necessity.  She was like water to him.  He needed it everyday to stay strong and to get through the day.  He knew that he was going to regret what he said to her, but he had to do it.  He knew that she hated him now.  

"I hate you, Choi Seunghyun," Yoona slapped his face with confirmation, "I hope that you're happy with your new girl.  I'm sure she's better than me.  Goodbye and sorry for being a bother in your life."

He closed his eyes as she brushed off his grip on her wrist and walked away.  He wanted to stay and tell her that every single word that he said was one big lie, but he had responsibilities.  He had to take care of his company.  He started to tear as he saw the woman of his dreams walk away from him.  He absorbed every detail about her.  He was going to remember every single detail about her for the next five years.

"Goodbye, Im Yoona," Seunghyun muttered under his breath.

He removed his glasses to reveal the tears that he was hiding from her.

_____________________________

Tears stained her pillow as her cries became more audible.  Her friends tried to comfort her, but his words stuck to her like Sooyoung in an all-you-can-eat buffet.  She tried to make herself stop crying, but the tears just felt endless. She was starting to feel weak and her head was starting to hurt.  Yuri patted her back as Jessica caressed her hand.  Seohyun felt like crying just at the sight of her unnie bawling her eyes out.  Sooyoung even bought her a whole box of food just to make her feel better, but it didn't work.

"Wow, I never thought Yoona would reject food," Sooyoung looked down in awe.

She knew that he was gone for good.  He was never going to return to her because his flight already left.  His last words to her hurt her so much.  His words was like a curse because it did nothing but make her cry.  She began to think that she was a bad friend.  She even began to think that she had a bad personality.

"Yuri, did Taeyang call you?" Yoona asked.

"Yeah," Yuri nodded.

Yoona questioned, "Seunghyun is in China already, huh?"

Yuri hated to tell her the truth, but it was the only thing she could do.  She didn't want to lie to her and tell her that Seunghyun jumped off the plane in the last minute to run after Yoona.  Yuri wished that she could say that, but she couldn't because it wasn't true.  He was in Beijing already.  Yuri hugged Yoona and leaned her head on Yoona's shoulder.

"Stop asking me those questions.  Stop thinking about him.  You just need to think about yourself.  Please, be selfish and worry about yourself," Yuri requested.

"It hurts so much, though!" Yoona exclaimed.

"No one ever said that love was going to be easy," Jessica shushed her, "Love is really complicated.  I know that Seunghyun isn't the type to leave like that.  Maybe something's bothering him."

"Yah, don't raise her hopes up high!" Seohyun hit Jessica's arm.

Yoona's cries grew louder as Seohyun tried to think of what to say.

"Unnie, I would like to give you my view on this situation.  Maybe Jessica unnie is correct and he left for a good reason.  Maybe he didn't and he's a jerk.  I just think that you shouldn't be crying over a guy that is even willing to leave  you without a real explanation.  I know that he told you that he found someone else, but I find his reason to be absurd and false.  If he found someone else, why was he with different girls in different nights?  He wouldn't be willing to move to a different country for a girl when he's with other girls.  I think he's lying," Seohyun explained.

"Someone's too into their psychology classes!" Sooyoung hooted.

"Unnie, I have a hypothesis and it's supported by facts!" Seohyun answered.

"Can you both just be quiet?" Yoona asked, "My head is hurting!"

The conversation stopped as they heard the door bell's ring echo throughout the whole condominium.  They stopped in their tracks, and Yuri agreed to answer the unexpected visitor.  Once Yuri answered the door, she called Sooyoung, Seohyun, and Jessica.  Yoona was left alone in the room.  She heard a knock on her door and saw Jiyong with a smile.  Yuri went in and closed the door to leave the two alone together.  Yoona rolled to her side and faced the wall as she ignored him.  He sat on her side and saw the bruise that formed on the side of her neck.  He tilted his head as he studied it.  It was purple and it was bigger than a coke bottle cap.  He swallowed as he touched it lightly.  She shuddered at the touch and looked at him with anger.

"Do you want to make it worst?!" she burst out saying.

"No, I don't!  How did you get that?" he asked.

"You can thank your fans.  I don't even know why you told them that you were in love with me.  I can't do anything anymore.  I have to be escorted by someone every time I want to go out.  You don't know how annoying it is!" Yoona crossed her arms as she tried to hide her face with her pillow.  

She didn't want him to see her red eyes.  He pulled the pillow away from her and her red eyes were revealed.  He looked around the room and saw the clothes that she wore in the mall on top of the hamper.  He walked over to the hamper and saw that her clothes were stained from the smoothie thrown at her.  It was in rips from girls pulling on her clothes.  He shook his head in disappointment at his fans.

"I can't believe they would do this," Jiyong said quietly.

"You forgot how fans in Korea act.  In America, they don't go all crazy when their idol dates a girl, but here they do.  They would do anything to keep their obsession," Yoona reminded him.

Jiyong went to the restroom and went back to Yoona with a washcloth and bowl of hot water in it.  He dipped the washcloth in the bowl and squeezed the water out.  Yoona heard the water dripping back to the bowl and turned her head to check out what he was doing.  She was taken aback and was touched to see him make an effort in healing her.  It was a small gesture, but Yoona appreciated small gestures.

Jiyong used the washcloth to clean her bruise.  He knew that she was hurting and that something like this would make her a little less miserable.  He was in pain to know that she had been physically hurt by his fans.  It was all his fault and he knew that it was true.  He started to tear as he looked at her bruise again.  Yoona saw him trying to fight back his tears and she sat up.

"Don't worry, oppa," Yoona assured him, "It doesn't hurt much.  It's nothing.  I get bruises everyday!"

"Yoona, I put you in harm.  I'm truly sorry," Jiyong fell to his knees and bowed to her.

Yoona never saw him get down on his knees to apologize.  He was a man filled with so much ego and confidence that he never felt that he had to bow more than 90 degrees to anyone.  Here he was on his knees bowing to her as he asked for her forgiveness. Yoona climbed out of her bed and fell to her knees as she lifted his head up.  She never saw him cry.

"Oppa, it's fine," she repeated.

Jiyong sniffled, "I won't let any of my fans do that to you again.  I'll do whatever it takes to make sure you're safe."

________________________________________________

A/N: I don't know if I should be posting this, but I asked my best friend if she wanted Yoona to end up with Seunghyun or Jiyong at the end.  And guess what?  She told me she doesn't know yet!  I asked her who she wanted as Yoogeun's father, and she told me already, but I can't reveal it yet.  Please anticipate it!  ^^

Please comment and subscribe! :D

Oh, and she made me make a poll because she wanted to know your opinion.  

Click this:

Link to the poll!

Note that the poll does not decide who she'll end up with in the end.  She just wanted to know who the readers are rooting for, so if you're a G-Yoon fan, please vote for Jiyong!  If you're a TopYoon fan, vote for Seunghyun! :)