Runaway

Pinky Promise

"Jiyong, start thinking about someone other than yourself!" his manager bellowed as he threw the letter on the table.  

Jiyong stared at the letter.  It was filled with a death threat that sent goosebumps to his skin.  He was afraid to read the rest, so he set it down on the table.  His manager read the letter and became cautious of everyone's being.  Also, Jiyong's image would also be in jeopardy if anyone ever found out about the letter.  

It had been one month since Seunghyun left and Jiyong was enjoying Yoona's company.  He knew that she was still hurt that Seunghyun left her.  Seunghyun never called her, wrote to her, texted her, or wrote her a letter.  It was as if she didn't exist.  Jiyong sighed as he threw his head back in confusion.

"That death threat is going towards your friend!" his manager lectured, "You better do what it says!  The last person I managed had the same exact thing happen to him.  His girlfriend ended up in the hospital for three months!"

"Hyung, I really love her, though!" Jiyong interjected.

His manager looked at him with disbelief.  Jiyong had a lot of growing up to do.  He grunted as he took the letter and ripped it into a million pieces.  He threw it away because he didn't want the press to find out about it.

"If you really loved her, you would do what the letter says.  I've seen this happen several times.  I know how crazy fans can get!" his manager repeated.

___________________________________

Yoona yawned as she tried to get up from her bed.  She was being dragged off the bed by Yuri and Jessica.  They were still in their pajamas despite the fact that it was almost noon.  Jessica took the pillow and smacked her on the head as Yoona pouted at the soft impact.  The sun was shining through the window and reflected off the white walls to their bedroom.  

"Let me sleep for five more minutes," Yoona sleepily yawned.

Jessica shook her head, "No!  You've been sleeping like this for the past month!  Are you still not over Seunghyun?  It's either you're upset about that or you're upset about Jiyong exposing you to the public."

Yoona thought about it and realized that she was upset about both of them.  It was weird not having Seunghyun anymore.  It gave her a foreign feeling from having him by her side every day to having him gone and in a different country.  Yoona didn't want to go out in public either because she didn't want to be attacked by a mob of girls again.  Yoona knew that most of the girls in Korea hated her, but she never understood why fans were so protective over their idols.  It wasn't as if their idol would date them in the first place.  

Yoona felt surprised as Yuri pulled the sheets away from her body.  Yuri grabbed her left leg as Jessica took a hold of her right leg.  Together, they pulled her off the bed and then she hit her head at the corner of the metal bed frame. Yoona rubbed her forehead and felt a bump visibly forming.  

"You two made me get an ugly bump on my forehead!" Yoona blamed them.

"We warned you, but you didn't want to get up," Yuri smiled.

Jessica helped her up to her feet.

"Come on, Im Yoona.  We're going to go ice skating today!  We didn't do anything since all these things happened to you, so don't deny us!  We're just making an effort to brighten up your day," Jessica said.

"Aish, let's go then!" Yoona gave up.

Yoona went into the restroom to take a shower and left Yuri and Jessica alone in the bedroom.  Yuri seemed to be nervous as she tapped Jessica's back.

"Unnie, what if Jiyong's crazy fans try to attack her again?" Yuri questioned.

Jessica had thought about it already.  She gave Yuri an assuring grin and patted her shoulder.  It was in Yuri's character to worry about such a thing.  They heard the water turn on as the water came out from the shower head.  

"We just need to protect her.  I don't want her to lock herself in the house and be miserable over this.  She needs to go out," Jessica explained.

"How are we going to protect her?!" Yuri was puzzled.

Jessica added, "We don't let her go close to any girl that's Jiyong's fan.  All of his fans are women and we'll know if a certain woman is his fan or not.  We'll know because if a woman is his fan, her first instinct will be to approach Yoona.  As long as no one approaches her, she's fine."

"I don't know," Yuri sighed, "I don't know if this is a good idea.  I'm just scared that someone will be able to slip through and she'll get hurt again.  I don't know what I'd do if she went through another event again.  I'm scared that her heart won't be able to take it.  She went through too much already."

"If we kept her locked up in the condo, she's going to bottle up all her feelings.  I'm scared that she'll end up going crazy!  She's locking herself in the restroom for hours when we're gone.  She's overeating.  It's as if she's eating her feelings away!" Jessica defended, "She needs this."

The nine girls were on the ice rink.  There wasn't much people on the ice rink.  There were only people training and practicing.  Yoona was in awe to see a girl spinning on her skates as if she was a professional skater.  She challenged Jessica's title as 'ice princess'.  Jessica crossed her arms as her friends .

"I bet she can beat you," Taeyeon nudged her.

Jessica had been skating since she was a little girl and she felt insulted to be compared to an amateur.  Sunny and Sooyoung bumped their fists as Jessica's competitive side came out.  She started to skate towards the girl.  The woman was spinning as she threw her head back.  Her hands were up in the air and she was on one foot.  Once she took another spin, Jessica joined her.

"I wonder who can spin longer," Hyoyeon said.

"I bet Jessica can," Yoona smiled.

Tiffany laughed, "She doesn't do well when she's mad.  She's mad that we compared her, so I think the other girl will win."

The eight girls watched the two women skate in circles and circles.  The other girl came to a slow halt signaling Jessica's win.  Jessica had a triumphant smile on her face.  Yoona and the rest of the girls slowly skated to the two.  Yoona patted Jessica's back in a congratulatory manner and then shook the other girl's hand.

"Hi, my name is Gyuri," she smiled.

"Oh, Gyuri is such a beautiful name!  My name is Im Yoona," Yoona said.

The girls became nervous.  What if Gyuri was one of Jiyong's fans?  Sooyoung and Hyoyeon were ready to step in between the two, but were stopped by Taeyeon once it became noticeable that Gyuri couldn't care less if she was Im Yoona.  They sighed in relief.

"I'm surprised you're not a fan of Kwon Jiyong," Yoona grinned.

Gyuri waved her hands side to side as she let out a little laugh.  Her hair was tied back and her pearly white teeth shined through her thin lips.  Yoona knew that she could be a big threat to Jessica's title as Ice Princess.  She was almost as beautiful as Jessica.  

"Omo, I'm not a fan of him," Gyuri giggled, "I'm not into rap.  I'm more into classical music.  I don't only ice skate, but I dance ballet also."

"I'm glad that you're not a fan," Yoona confessed.

"I'm glad you aren't either.  I haven't met a girl in Korea that didn't worship him," Gyuri laughed.

"Uhm, about that one spin that you did...I wanted to see it again," Yoona shyly requested.

Gyuri nodded, "Sure, I'll show you."

Gyuri jumped up in the air and did a spin.  Yoona shut her eyes immediately.

________________________________

"OWW!" Yoona screamed as Seohyun applied hydrogen peroxide on her upper leg.  

Yoona was ready to cry in pain at the contact from the hydrogen peroxide.  She was tearing as she tried to hold in any unnecessary tears.  She clutched to the couch pillows and screamed with the pillow on her face.  Seohyun took out a brown, extra large bandaid and set it on top of her wound. Jessica seemed furious, but Yoona shrugged it off.

"I know she did it on purpose!" Jessica yelled.

They were back in their condo after they went to the ice rink.  Sooyoung put away the hydrogen peroxide as Yuri comforted Yoona.  

"Unnie, it's nothing," Yoona claimed.

"No," Jessica disagreed, "Skaters know that if you're going to do a spin, you have to distance yourself from the walls and other people so that no one will get hurt.  She practically sliced your leg's skin!" 

"It's fine, unnie.  It's my fault. I'm the one that told her that I wanted to see her spin," Yoona said.

Yoona heard her phone ring and she leaned towards a wooden table to get her phone.  She looked at the screen and cocked an eyebrow to see that it was a private caller.  Yoona pressed the talk button and pressed it against her ear. 

"Hello," Yoona answered.

The person on the other line didn't answer back.  Yoona rolled her eyes in anger as she grunted in bewilderment at who it was.  She had been receiving silent calls for the past three weeks. She tried being polite by answering all of them, but she was starting to get irritated.  It had become an everyday thing.

"Listen I don't know who this is, but please stop bothering me.  I'm trying to live my life in peace, so please just leave me alone.  If you're going to call again, please talk!" Yoona shouted then hung up.  

As soon as she hung up on the anonymous caller, she got another phone call.  She assumed that it was the previous caller.

"What do you want?!" Yoona answered.

"Oh, is it a bad time right now?" Jiyong asked.

Yoona's eyes softened and she cleared .  She felt ashamed and embarrassed for yelling at him.  She went to the balcony to get some privacy.  She didn't want the girls hearing what they were going to talk about.  Something in his voice bothered her.  She felt uneasy as she heard him hesitate quite a few times.  

"Can you meet me at my house?" he asked.

"Yeah, I'll be there in a few minutes," Yoona agreed.

________________________________________

Yoona entered his mansion.  His mansion gave her the chills.  She was used to seeing it in the daylight, but when it was night, it looked like one of those mansions that horror movies were filmed in.  She nervously swallowed and knocked on the door.  Within a few seconds, Jiyong answered the door.  He had a frown on his face and he didn't even bother to greet her.  She seated herself at the couch.  Her eyes were still swollen from crying about Seunghyun and the attack she recently experienced.  Jiyong walked back and forth on the marble tiles.  Each footstep was heard through the loud clacks that his house slippers made.  

"I need to tell you something important," Yoona told him.

"Okay, but I have something to say first," Jiyong insisted.

"Oppa, something's wrong, right?" Yoona asked.

Jiyong didn't say anything for a while.  There was silence and Yoona couldn't stand it.  She cleared .  She knew that he was going to do something that was going to make her cry.  If he wanted to tell her some good news, he would have went to her condo and told her in front of her friends.  Since it was bad news, he didn't want to say it in front of her friends.  He knew that her friends would beat him up or something.

"I'm going back to America.  I won't be returning to Korea for quite a while," Jiyong confessed.

Yoona was lost.  She hated that people were leaving her one by one.  Who was next?  She held in her tears and tried to contain herself from bursting out with tears.

"My career calls for me to be there.  My career is very important to me, so I must return.  I got offers to work with some of the biggest bands there and I can't say no," Jiyong added.

"So in other words, you're leaving because your career is more important than me," Yoona murmured.

Jiyong became defensive, "Don't put it that way."

"It's true, though," Yoona pushed back the tears.

Yoona felt as if someone punched her heart and ripped it out of her chest.  She couldn't breathe for quite a while as she tried to avoid his eye contact. She was in a daze and tried to snap out of her thoughts.  Her chest heaved as she tried to regain control of her lungs.  She swallowed nervously and composed herself.  He went on with how good it would be for his career and how many offers he received to work with some of the biggest players in the industry. 

"I'm happy for you.  Please be happy in America," Yoona told him.

She then walked out despite his attempts to stop her.  She ran to her car and drove as fast as she could.  Her tears began to fall on her way home, and she decided that she was going to let out all her tears before she got down.  She stayed in the car for fifteen minutes and then got out to go back to the condo.  She had decided to go through with her plan.

She opened the door to see the girls playing a board game.  Yoona smiled at them and gave each of them a hug.  They looked at each other in confusion to see Yoona so affectionate to them.

"Unnie, why are you back so early?" Seohyun asked.

Yoona replied, "Oh, Jiyong just talked to me about how he's going to move back to America."

Sooyoung and the others felt bad for her.  They expected her to break down in tears, but she didn't.  She ate a piece of chicken casually and acted as if it wasn't a big deal for him to leave.

"I understand because his career is important," Yoona clarified, "Girls, I'm tired.  I think I'm going to sleep.  Remember that I love you girls!"

As soon as Yoona disappeared to her bedroom, everyone revealed their confused faces.  They were all gathered around on the soft brown carpet.  Their game of monopoly was put to a halt as they tried to study her behavior.  

"Something's up with her," Yuri announced quietly.

__________________________________

Yoona opened her eyes as the clock hit one hour after midnight.  Yoona looked around and saw her roommate, Yuri, in a deep sleep.  She could hear her soft snores as Yoona kicked the covers off and stood up.  She fixed her pillows so that it resembled her body and covered it with her blanket.  She packed all her clothes into one big luggage and changed her clothes.  Her pajamas were replaced with a trenchcoat, jeans, and a pair of boots.  She took out a letter and put it under the pillow to her bed.

To my closest friends,

I'm sorry that I had to leave like this.  I personally feel immature and stupid for leaving without a proper goodbye.  I am going through too much and I think that I need some time to heal.  I'm sorry for leaving abruptly and I hope that you guys don't miss me too much.  It brings me to tears to have to do this, but I have to.  If I didn't, I feel as if I might have gone insane.

Taeyeon unnie, thank you for caring for all of us. No matter how annoying and stupid I was acting, you still defended me when I needed you.  Thank you for all the guidance and love that you gave me.

Jessica unnie, I know that you're mad right now.  I know that you're disappointed that I left without a trace.  We went through so much together and I will cherish those memories.  A request that I do have is for you to finally let people hear your voice.  Your voice is beautiful and it's a shame that you hide it from others.  Let your voice speak out for your feelings.  I'll miss you, ice princess.

Sunny unnie, thank you for making my life sunnier!  You bring the sunshine to my life and you always cheer me up when I am down.  Thank you for always acting as a remedy to my sadness.

Tiffany unnie, I'll miss your eye smile the most.  Thank you for giving me such good advice and for sharing some of your experiences with me.  I wish you the best.

Hyoyeon unnie, I'll miss our dance sessions together!  Thank you for sharing your knowledge with me and for making me laugh throughout any serious situations.  When I return, I expect to see you as a famous dancer!

Yuri unnie, I know that you're sad right now.  At least you'll have more space in the room.  You'll be more comfortable at night and you'll sleep better.  Together with Jessica, we are YoonYulSic, but from now on, you're going to have to stick as YoonSic for now.  I hope that you and Taeyang become official.  You two look really cute together.  And supervise the maknae for me! :)

Sooyoung unnie, I'll miss our eating sessions and eating contests.  You'll reign as our eating queen now that I'm gone!  I wish you and Daesung the best.  I know that he really loves you, so don't let him go! I will miss your witty antics and pranks.  Thank you for the laughs.

Seobaby, I'm going to miss your naggings about me doing my schoolwork!  Before Seunghyun, you were the reason why I attended most of my classes.  Thank you for watching out for me even if I was older.  And give Seungri a chance!  He really likes you and I know you secretly like him too.

As part of my final goodbye, I would like to remind you girls that I really love you guys.  People don't understand how close we are.  You guys once said that together as nine, we are at our strongest.  I'm sure that you girls can continue to be just as strong as eight.  I will return one day and explain everything to you guys.  I love you, girls.

Love, 

Im Yoona

Yoona pressed the letter under the pillow as a tear drop escaped from one of her eyes.  It brought her pain, but she had to do it.  She approached Yuri's bed and saw her sleeping peacefully.  She wrapped her arm around Yuri and hugged her softly.  

"Yoona ah," Yuri said sleepily, "Go sleep next to me if you're having another nightmare."

Yoona knew that she was mostly asleep.  She was sleep talking again.  Yoona managed to smile and another tear drop managed to escape.  She gulped and pushed the tears to the side.

"Thank you, unnie.  Thanks for everything," Yoona whispered.

"Yeah," Yuri murmured in her sleep, "You're my little sister anyways."

Yoona exited the condo with the luggage in her hand and breathed in.  It was the last time she was going to see them.  As soon as she entered the taxi, the taxi drove off the the airport.  She looked back at the condo with her hands pressed against the window's glass.  She was going to miss them dearly.

________________________________________

One hour later...

Yuri woke up from a nightmare that Yoona left.  She scurried out of the bed and took out the covers to Yoona's bed.  She was shocked to see that there was just pillows on her bed.  Yuri spotted a piece of paper under the pillow and pulled it out.  She swallowed nervously as she read it silently.  She the lights to the hallway after she exited her bedroom which woke up Sooyoung, Seohyun, and Jessica.

Jessica walked out of her room with groggy eyes.  She rubbed her eyes to see Yuri in so much panic.

"Yoona ran away!  She ran away!" Yuri screamed.

Jessica grabbed her phone as her eyes grew wide.  She immediately called Yoona's phone but hung up after hearing that she was directed to voicemail.  Jessica dialed Seunghyun's new phone number.  Taeyang had it in his phone and Yuri stole it from his phone.  Yuri and Jessica didn't give his new number to Yoona because they wanted her to get over him.

After Jessica dialed his number, Seunghyun answered after a few seconds.

"Seunghyun ah," Jessica was in a panic, "Yoona ran away on her own.  She packed all her clothes and took all her money!  She went to the bank yesterday and I'm sure she withdrew all her money!  She ran away after Jiyong told her that he was going to leave for America."

"I'm on my way!" Seunghyun yelled and then hung up.

_______________________________________________________

Seunghyun was in his private jet.  His pilot told him that it was kind of dangerous to be flying this late at night, but he didn't care.  He was concerned over Yoona and Yoona alone.  He was in panic to know that she might be in danger.  He was pissed off that Jiyong was leaving even when Seunghyun let him have her.  He was pissed off that Yoona was hurt and that she had suffered another blow.  He looked out the window to see a bird eye's view of Korea.  It has been a few hours since Jessica called and he was sure that Yoona had not gone too far.  He promised himself that he was going to find her no matter what.

Seunghyun's eyes grew wide to see that red lights were flashing around him.  

"Sir, put your seatbelt on!  We're in for a crash! There is a mechanical failure!" the pilot screamed.

Seunghyun gripped on the chair as he closed his eyes shut.  Then he felt the pain.

__________________________________________________________

A/N: I was supposed to post this yesterday, but then my brother and his wife had their first baby, and I was in the hospital for a few days with them.  I wrote this last night, but then it didn't save, so I had to rewrite all of it this morning.  Thanks for reading and please comment! :)