A twist of faith

The Right Choice?

It was about her bedtime, grandfather is telling another story again about the Red Moon. It’s her favorite story so she doesn’t mind if she hears it over and over again.

 

“Ehem..” Grandfather cleared his throat. “Are you ready for the story?”

She nodded eagerly as she scooted a little closer to her grandfather.

 

“Once upon a time there was a beautiful maiden, she was bathing by the river as always until one day she couldn’t return home because a young man had stolen her clothes.”

 

“But it’s not the clothes that she was worried about, it was her medallion.”

 

“Omo..” the little girl said as she listened eagerly to her grandfather

 

“Without it she can’t return home, where her own kind are and she would be in disgrace loosing the medallion. The red moon is approaching and she needs it. But she couldn’t because now the young man has it.”

 

“Which means..” The little girl said as she interrupted.

 

“Which means the young evil man controls the maiden and he wishes that he marries her and so they did. And now the maiden never gets to go home. “The little girl said happily finishing the story.

 

“Now now..  I’m telling the story aren’t I?” The grandfather said shushing the little girl.

 

“Grandpa do you think the maiden loves the boy back?” The little girl asked.

 

“Love is complicated.. you’re too young to understand it. Her grandfather replied as he pat her head..

 

“Now go to bed.” Grandpa said as he tucked her in bed.

  He made his way out of her bedroom, but the little girl whimpered.

 

The grandpa chuckled. “I forgot..”

 

“Here you go..”

The grandfather reached out of his pocket to give a necklace to her..

 

“This would protect you. Its about time I give this to you.”

 

The little girl smiled feeling protected as the necklace is wrapped around her neck.

 

“Protect it my child.”

 

“Say I do.” Grandfather had asked to her little girl…

The question, kept circling around her mind as she fell deeply asleep.

 

“Say I do?” her grandpas voice echoed in her head.

And then all of a sudden, her surrounding changes.

 

She was not in her bedroom anymore, now she’s standing in the altar wearing a white fluffy dress with a veil on her head. And in front of her was a tall man with a not too nice expression.

 

“Do you Sandara Park take Lee Minho as your beloved husband.?” The priest had asked.

 

She stared at another guy standing in front of them questionably with a weird look on her face when suddenly she realized what is happening right now…

 

She’s getting married to a guy she despise and hates the most. Just like the maiden in her grandfather’s story.

 

“sigh” Minho sigh and gripped on Her arm tightly slightly pinching it.

 

“Say it…. Say I do.” He muttered under his breath forcing her to do what he said

 

“I…” She stuttered.

 

Then out of nowhere the door on the front opened noisily.

 

 Everybody looked back and came in a stumbling guard with a wound on his stomach.

 

“We are under attack.” The guard said as he collapsed on the floor.

Right when he said that. The whole place exploded.

 

 She ducked and tried to protect herself from the collapsing place as glasses and the smell of fire engulfed the place…

 

Fortunately she seemed unharmed as she looked up and saw Minho to her right unconscious on the ground where he got hit by a shattered wood and saw it stinking out on his left leg.

 

Her heart beating frantically as Dara looked around looking for an exit. She looked to her left and saw the priest dead. He took a bad hit as he was hit right through in between his head with a piece of a long sharded plywood.

 

“DARAAAAA.” A voice shouted.

 A voice that she recognized and misses it dearly..

 

She rushed towards that voice but couldn’t reach it.

There he is right by that doorway lighted up with a bit of flames and dark smoke is the one she wants to mary.

 

“Jiyong please help.” She reaches towards him as she moves forward coughing uncontrollably.

 

“Dara what’s going on? They killed everybody. Is this Minho’s doing?”

Jiyong asked as he himself is trying to reach where Dara is.

 

“What do you mean? I can’t see you Jiyong. I can’t reach there the smoke it’s too thick.” Dara said as she collapsed on the floor.

 

“Dara” Jiyong said as he couldn’t see Dara anymore.

 

“Dara where are you? WHERE ARE YOU?” Jiyong screamed while he covered his face using his arm, trying to get to Dara while he got engulfed with thick black smoke.

 

“Dara.” Jiyong keeps shouting as he walks blindly through the thick smoke.

 

Suddendly, Jiyong collapsed coughing uncontrollably and in the process hit his head as a piece of heavy wood collapsed on top of him heating him badly on his head.

 

He groaned in pain, as he is face down flat on the floor while blood trickles down on his head.

 

“Dara..” He said and that was the last words that escaped from his mouth as he fell unconscious…

 

Dara stirred awake while she heard her name and there he is.. a couple inches away from her is Jiyong face down on the floor with a  big chunk of wood on top of him.

 

Dara cried as she crawled towards him trying to reach him, but before she can do that she passes out saying her last words to him.

 

“I do to you.. jiyong.. I do.” She said as she lost her conscious.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dara POV

 

“I do… I do..” She muttered in her sleep.

 

 

 

“WAKE UPPPPPPP.”

Cold water gushed on top of her making her jolted up.

 

She was definitely awake.

 

“I do I do I do..” Her brother said as he is while making kissy noises.

 

“Why are you I do-ing for?”

Her brother asked.

 

“Nothing.. I have that weird dream again.” She said.

 Her brother sat next to her.

 

“Same old dream again huh?”

 

“The fire….” They both said at the same time and looked at each other.

 

“What do you think it means?” her brother asked.

 

“Just probably the traumatic event we went through.”

 

“Mom and dad said we were up to no good and caught our house on fire but then.. I have this huge feeling that something else..”

 

“What? get your become a hot dog.” Her brother said jokingly.

 

“NO… shut up I mean look..” She lifted his left leg up showing his scar that he got on the fire.

 

“I don’t know….” Her brother sigh..

 

“What? I know is that we both woken up with no memories of anything…. Mom and dad was right next to us and that was it. We were lucky to be alive. ”

 

“Mom and dad….. yea..” she said questioning.

“listen don’t get to stress about this dreams ok?” her brother said.

 

“I’am Gu Jun Pyo.” He said

She stood up and said it many times just like a rehearsal every time she has the fire dream again.

 

“I’am Gu Sandy.” She said..

 

“That’s right sissy.. now lets go before we are late for school.”

 

MINHO POV

 

 

He massages his head as he got another migraine when every time his sister asked questions about their weird fire dream that they always have now and then.

 

It’s been a year or so when both of them woke up from the hospital not knowing who they are or what happen until two strangers came to their hospital bed claiming we were their kids and Sandy was my sister.

 

Everything was confusing and some information like how did I got this gnarly scar on my left leg if it was just caused in a simple house fire. I swear it in my gut that it’s something more than that, but I don’t want to dwell on it anymore.. It makes my head hurts….

 

“Jun pyo are you okay.. my son?” His father asked

 

Every time he hears his dad call him his son.. it seems awkward coming out of his voice and that makes jun pyo cringed in annoyance.

 

“Yes dad. I just had woken up Sandy.”

 

 Jun pyo headed to his room to get changed for school.

 

 

 

 

Dara POV

 

“When the 26th star comes around the moon will rise again. Your hour of destiny shall rise again and faith will put the two of you guys back together again. All you will see is blood, anger and sorrow but one thing will conquers all is your heart.”

 

Sandy remembers as she thought back to what that fortuneteller had said.

 

“What do you think what that fortune teller means?” Sandy asked her friends.

 

“I can’t believe you spend your money on those stupid stuff.” Jun pyo grabbed the microphone, as he is about to select a song.

They were all hanging out with their friends after school at a karaoke bar after Sandy creep herself out with a fortuneteller.

 

“Lets just have fun.. hey at least we know what your future will be like.”

All of them grinned at sandy and snickered as they .

 

“I’m done.. lets get home.” Sandy sigh bummed out on what the fortuneteller said about her future.

 

As they were all walking home a guy bumped into her running away with someone else’s purse.

 

“HEY STOP HIM.. STOP HIM.” The lady shouted as she goes after the stealer but with no luck. The bad guy is a lot faster than her.

 

Sandy felt enrage and suddenly start chasing the bad guy too.

 

“Hey stop.” She shouted to the guy as she started catching up to him.

 

Sandy tackled the guy but the purse slipped out of the bad guys hand and will about to fall on the busy road right down the highway. Without thinking, Sandy dived down to get the purse.

 

It all happened so fast, next thing you know she was falling nose dive on the busy road with the purse finally on the hand and out of nowhere she saw a symbol… it’s a moon but it’s red and then she felt it. Her body was floating in midair making her land on her two feet.

 

Sandy took a deep breath, as she looked around in her surrounding confused on what just happen.

 

“SANDY..”her brother called out to her as he watched in horror as an approaching truck is about to hit her.

 

She looked at the truck frozen at her spot not knowing what to do because it will be too late to do anything.. She closes her eyes and waited for the impact.

 

But then a body had knocked her into the sides before the truck hits her.

 

Sandy looked up and saw who rescued her…

 It was a guy with pink hair and an annoying look on his face…

 

“Be careful.” He whispered to her as he gently settled her down on the side….

 

“Sandy, thank god your safe.” Jun pyo hugged her tightly.

 

“That’s so stupid for you to do. What the hell were you thinking?” Jun pyo said angrily to her.

 

“You could’ve been killed. Are you alright?”

 

“Yes.. There’s this guy..”

 

“What guy?”

 

Sandy looked around searching for the bubble pink hair guy. But he wasn’t seen anywhere.

 

“Let’s just go home.” Jun pyo helped her up as they made their way home.

 

Dara POV

 

She can’t stop thinking about what happen yesterday… the pink hair guy and that weird symbol….

 

“What does it mean? And who is he?” she muttered to herself..

Her door opened up and along came her brother with a big bucket of water…

 

“I’m awake..” Sandy said

 

his brother sigh..

“Get dress mom and dad wants to talk to us in the living room before we go to school.”

 

Sandy nodded as she got ready for school..

 

Both Sandy and Jun pyo made their way down the stairs and into the living room..

 

They both stopped on the hallways looking at their parents with their serious look on their face.

 

“I know you both have a lot of questions after the fire incident.” Their mom said as she gestured for them to sit down.

 

They both nodded surprise on what their mother said.

 

“It’s time you meet the whole family.” Their father added.

 

“And also.. the incident a year ago.”

 

“So after school I want you both home… agreed?” Their father said.

 

“We will be going to your grandfathers house.” Their father announced.

 

 Jun pyo and Sandy nodded as they both scurried away from home…

 

“This is new..” Jun pyo said.

 

“Didn’t know we have more family.?”

 

“Sandy?”

Sandy started sweating as she feels confuse and uncomfortable.

 

“Is something wrong?”

 

“Nothing.. just nervous later about what’s going on.”

 

Jun pyo nodded as he too.

 

“We will finally get answers.”

 

 

 

 

Dara POV

 

Sandy and Jun pyo had just got back from school and immediately changed into their best clothes.

 

 As they made their way to their granpas’ house who they haven’t met before Sandy can’t help the worry feeling that she had on her gut.

 

 

 “We are here” Their father announced as they ended up going inside a big gated

Mansion..

 

Sandy and Jun pyo started to sweat as they neared the mansion.

 

Inside, portraits from the Gu family of generations and generations loomed the big spacious hallways of the mansion. Their parents lead the way as they were led into a room with a long dining area and seated at the very end of a table is a silhouette of an old man.

 

“Welcome.” He said in a raspy voiced.

 

“Just in time the moon is rising.” He smiled at them, as they know a big secret that they don’t know of. Out of nowhere men with black suit and tie emerged from the building, as they both were usher to be seated in front of a box covered in a red gift wrapper with a big black bow on top.

 

 As the moon is rising high above, Sandy and Jun pyo started to quiver and sweat in their seat…

The men in the suit all reached in their coat pocket like they were about to shoot them.

 

“What’s going on? Mom?” Sandy asked their parents.

 

“Dad?” Jun pyo said.

 

Both of their looked at them with a blank face and suddenly drew a gun to their face.

 

“Open it” Their mom ushered Sandy to do so.

 

“What is going on?” Jun pyo started to rise from his seat but was ushered back from their father as he pointed a gun at his back.

 

“Sit down. Son…” Their dad said.

 

“Now now lets not treat are guest bad. Please open it.” The old man ushered Sandy to do.

 

“Or else.”

 

All the men in the room drew their guns and pointed at them.

 

“You see the Gu family has been in this business for many years and luckily for us we found you two… All we need is to see and test which on of you is it…”

 

“It?” Sandy asked in confusion.

 

“Open it..” The old man shouted at Sandy impatiently.

 

With that she hurriedly unwrapped the gift and inside….  It was a hand….

 

“What is this?” Sandy stood up from her seat uncomfortable with the situation.

She can feel her whole body shaking and quivering as she stared at the monstrous cut of hand.

 

The hand was half monster and half human.

 

Then suddenly Sandy screamed.. and flashbacks of her memories came running through her mind like a story.. While that’s happening she started screaming out of pain as her bones and her body twisted in places that you can never imagine. Then she looked up in the sky and saw the moon, that was the last straw as her body given to the changed that it was supposed to. Instead of legs and arms she saw paws staring back at her and a face of a monster as she saw her reflection.

 

But she knows who she is.. She knows exactly who she is..

 

She closed her eyes and concentrate for her to changed back..

 

In an instant she was back on her human formed.

 

“Bingo.” The old man said

 

“kill her.”

 

All the guns pointed towards her.

 

She looked to her side and Jun pyo was getting restrained from the other men.

 

“NO don’t kill my sister.”

 

“What are you doing.?”

 

“Mom and dad?”

 

“oh shut up..” Their dad said…

 

“You are not my son…”

 

“Especially you…. You monster.” Their supposedly Dad spit at Sandy.

 

“What are you talking about?” Jun pyo asked in confusion.

 

“You are not a real Gu… we just helped you both knowing something special about you two.. You see the Gu families are descendants of hunters…. We hunt monsters like you.. Generations of generations are passed on with our legacy within this family” The old man explained.

 

 “Fortunately, we found the real monster between you two .”

 

“Now its time for you to die.” The old man looked at Sandy disgustedly.

 

Jun pyo let the men lead him away from the scene as he stared at his supposedly sister.

 

“Not my sister?”

 

“Then who am I?”

 

“Now that’s your problem to figured that out.” Their ‘dad’ said to jun pyo as he got dragged by the men in the black suit.

 

“Fortunately for you, your not a monster.” Their  ‘mom’ grinned back at him.

 

“No.. you cant do this… Sandy!.”

Jun pyo shouted as he tried to help her but a blow to his head quickly shut him down knocking him out cold.

 

Sandy turned back to the old man as she sealed her fate.

 

“I’m not a monster.” Sandy said.

 

The moon shined upon her making her stronger and within a flash all the men dropped one by one…

 

Sandy made a dashed for it as she escaped the mansion. On four legs she ended up on  a big larged oak tree.

With her super senses she can hear them scrambling around the Mansion loking for her.

Closing her eyes she changed back to her human form.

"Where do I go. Think?" She muttred to her self frustratingly.

She looked up at the big tree and decided to climbed it. All the way on the top as you can't see her anymore.

Hours have passed. she started to feel sleepy while resting on top of the tree branched and when she closed her eyes. She dreamed about the fire, but this time it was more vivid. She saw Jun pyo there unconsious on the floor and there was a lot of fire... then a voice someone calling to her.

"Dara." She muttered in her sleep. and right when she was following and getting closer to the voice that was calling her dara she was woken up suddendly with her body falling off the big tree branched that she was resting.

Sandy groaned as she hold on dearly to her lfe.

As she was about to slip a hand reached over to her to pull her up.

"Thank you." breathing heavily. She looked up at her rescuer and it was the guy who had rescued her when she was about to get hit by a truck.

"Bubble gum man." She muttreed to herself as she stared at the guy with the pink hair.

"Why are those people trying to kill you?" He asked bluntly towards her.

"Why.?" She asked herself too.

"Stay away from me." Sandy said as she edged away from him.

"No.emmppp.." his hand covered shooshing her.

Sandy saw the men in the suit approaching the tree.

"They're not here." One of the men reported. Running to a different way.

"Be quiet." The guy asked annoyingly.

Sandy hugged him suddendly and started sobbing quietly.

"I'm g-dragon." The man introduced himself to her.

"G-dragon? is that really your name?"

"Is Sandy your real name?" He switched his question back to her.

"Why won't you answer my question?" Sandy asked back.

G-dragon sigh.

"That was the name that was given to me.." He said quietly.

"I dont remember.." He stuttered not wanting to utter another word.

"I see" Sandy said.

"I'm the same. I know who I'am but part of me.. I still can't remeber."

"I thnk my real name is dara?" She said questionably.

"Dara." G- dragon said making her looked at him like he knows her.

"Do you know me?" She asked curiosly to G-dragon as he stared back at her.

"Dara." he her cheek affectionaly.

"Yes?"

G-dragon smiled at her. And Dara can't help but smile back to him.

 

SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING FOR A WHILE. I WILL LEGNHTEN MORE OF THIS STORY AND I have great plans for it. Thank you for still reading!!!!