week one: part i

Let's Play House!

Family number One: Chen and Xiumin's family.

"I'm the baby?" Baekhyun asks for the umpteenth time, and he looks up at Luhan, his "older brother."

"Yes, Baekhyunnie," Luhan sings. He puts his luggage in the trunk of the silver Honda civic that their "family" owns and drags Baekhyun to the backseat with him.

"But why?" Baekhyun whines.

Luhan his hair and grins. "Because." Baekhyun waits for the rest of his explanation, but Luhan doesn't say anything after that.

Their "parents," Chen as appa and Xiumin as eomma, enter the car. Chen smiles at Xiumin, and Xiumin frowns at him, sulking and looking out the window.

"I wanted to be the dad," Xiumin mutters.

"We all did," Luhan tells Xiumin.

"It's okay, eomma," Chen says, reaching over to pat Xiumin's knee. Xiumin brushes his hand off his knee and crosses his arms. "I'll be a good appa."

"Just shut up, Chen."

"So," Baekhyun interrupts as he sees Chanyeol wave at him while they pass by Family number Three's car, "should I call you guys appa and eomma or . . .?"

"You should!" Luhan immediately exclaims, grinning as he puts his seatbelt on. "We'll feel more of a family!"

"But we already are a family," Xiumin says, "All twelve of us. Family. Brothers."

"Well, yeah, but come on, eomma!" Luhan says. He kicks the back of Xiumin's seat and Xiumin scowls.

"Stop it."

"But, eomma--" Luhan kicks again.

"Stop it right now or I'm not going to feed you any damn dinner." Xiumin looks over his shoulder and sends Luhan a glare, who smiles in response.

"At least you're becoming more of an eomma now," Luhan continues to smile and Chen merely keeps quiet, trying to hide his own smile from his "wife." (Or is it "husband"?)


Family number Two: Kris and Zitao's family.

"There's no way I'm the eomma, or whatever you call it in Korean," Zitao says stubbornly as Kris starts their dark blue Honda civic. Zitao noticed that all the EXO families own a Honda civic, except with different colors.

"Oh come on, Zitao," Kris says calmly. He backs up the driveway and heads onto the main highway. It'll take at least twenty minutes to get to the new neighborhood. "It's all good."

"'It's all good' my ," Zitao snaps. "I'm fine with how it is right now; you and me with those boys back there," Kyungsoo and Sehun glance up at their "parents," wondering why in the world they're arguing about family roles, "but there is no way I'm the mother. Nope. No way."

"It's just eight weeks," Kris tries again. Zitao shakes his head. Kyungsoo sighs and leans his head on the window. Man, these two argue like a married couple! Kris looks over his shoulder. "Your eomma and I are very sorry for arguing in front of you two."

"S'okay," Kyungsoo says. He glances at Sehun, who seems to be immersed in a text conversation. The older of the two tries to look over the younger one's shoulder, but Sehun elbows him and hides his phone from Kyungsoo's vision.

"What are you hiding, Sehunnie?" Kyungsoo asks curiously.  Sehun shrugs and ignores Kyungsoo. "Are you texting a girl?" Sehun shakes his head. "A boy?" Sehun nods and continues to text.

"It's rude if you don't answer Kyungsoo, Sehun," Zitao tells him. It sounds like he's scolding Sehun. Kyungsoo snickers.

Sehun sighs and sinks in his seat. Kris watches his "son" text eagerly on his phone through the rearview mirror.

"So who are you talking to?" Kris asks. He puts the blinker on and turns to the left.

"Luhan. He says that they're almost there."

"Oh? How's his family doing?" Kris asks.

"Oh, um, good?" Sehun replies. They just saw the other memebers a couple of minutes ago; why was Kris asking about their well-being like some old man?

"Sehun," Zitao laughs and turns in his seat to look at the youngest member of the family, "he meant who's who in the family."

"I'm so glad you're my wife," Kris sighs.

Zitao shoots him a glare. "Don't make me pull my wushu moves on you." Kyungsoo shifts in his seat. He doesn't want to receive that kind of punishment.

"Oh, well. Luhan says that he and Baekhyun are the sons while Chen and Xiumin are their parents."

"I bet Xiumin's the mom," Zitao jokes.

"He is," Sehun deadpans.

Kris holds in his chuckles while Kyungsoo stays out of the conversation (although he's really interested at Family number One's setup). Zitao simply says, "Oh."


Family number Three: Yixing and Junmyeon's family.

"What are you looking so down for?" Chanyeol asks, glancing at his "brother" Jongin.

Jongin snaps his head away from the window of their brick red Honda civic and shrugs. He's kind of hoping that Kyungsoo would text him, but he still hasn't received any texts (despite the older's "I'll text you later," statement earlier this morning).

"Chanyeol," Junmyeon sighs, not even looking at his "sons," "Don't bother Jongin."

"You're just mad that you're the eomma of this family and not the appa," Chanyeol remarks, sticking his tongue out for good measure.

"No," Junmyeon grits his teeth. Of course he's mad! Who wants to be the mother in an all-guy marriage? Definitely not him! "Now shut up before I hit you."

"He's so pissed at you now," Jongin whispers to Chanyeol, who snickers. Yixing ignores his family and continues to drive. He hopes that he didn't get them lost. Why would they make him drive in Korea when he came from China? like this just doesn't make sense in Yixing's mind.

"I'm pissed at both of you, okay?"

"What for?" Jongin asks, surprised. As far as he can remember, he didn't do anything to harm Junmyeon.

"For picking me as your eomma and Yixing as your appa," Junmyeon answers. Yixing sighs and swiftly glances at the two boys sitting behind them.

"Stop teasing your eomma like that," he tells them.

"I'm not the freaking eomma," Junmyeon exclaims, throwing his hands in the air in exasperation.

"Oooh, appa," Chanyeol says, "Eomma's so pistachio."

The happy virus of EXO is met with silence. Jongin is the first to react. Yixing and Junmyeon begin to exchange looks. "Dude, what in the world are you talking about?"

"You guys don't get it?" Chanyeol asks, shocked. His eyes are wide and unbelieving.

"No one gets it, Chanyeol," Junmyeon replies.

"You really don't get it?" When the other three shake their heads, Chanyeol starts to explain his clever (in his opinion) joke. "Eomma is so pissed at you. Eomma is so pissed at-chu. Eomma is so pis-ta-chio. Eomma is so pistachio. Get it now?"

Jongin starts to laugh and he high-fives Chanyeol. "That's genius! I'm gonna use that on Kyungsoo!"

"It would've made more sense if you said, 'Eomma is so pistachio face,'" Junmyeon tells them, but he cracks a smile as Yixing chuckles.

"Eh, it's okay," Chanyeol says. "I like mine better though."


When the EXO members arrived at their houses, they all agreed to meet at dinner time, in front of Family number Two's house. The "children" all wanted to skip unpacking (though they really liked their new houses and own rooms), but their "parents" strictly told them to help unpack.

Hours later, just as the sun is setting on the western side of the evening sky, Families number One and Three come over at Family number Two's house. Kris, Zitao, Kyungsoo, and Sehun all greet the other EXO members warmly, leading them to their dining room.

Kris and Zitao bring the food they made ("It's made from their love-making in the kitchen. You get it? Love-making using ingredients to make food?" Chanyeol jokes and gets a hit on the back of his head from his eomma, associated with a, "You're not making any sense.") on the table while the other "parents" bring homemade dishes from their home.

"Oooh, looks delicious," Baekhyun says, smiling as he prepares his chopsticks.

"I hope it is," Zitao says with a shy smile. He isn't as confident with his cooking skills as Kris is, but Kris assured him that his food was amazing.

"Thanks for the food," they all chrous together and soon, they all dig in the delicious food in front of them.

Five minutes pass and Junmyeon, still curious (however, he can guess who's who in the families), asks, "So . . . who's who in your families?"

Instantly, the boys talk all over themselves, half of them exclaiming the word son, the other two mumbling the word eomma, and the other three proudly saying appa.

Junmyeon looks at the other "mothers" sitting around the table and sends them a sympathetic smile. Xiumin and Zitao smile back, just as sympathetically, and the others don't notice the interaction between the reluctant "mothers." (They "mothers" still refer to themselves as the "appa"--albeit secretly.)

"Eomma, appa," Luhan says, looking at Xiumin and Chen, "aunt, uncle," he continues and smiles at Zitao and Kris, "Sehun and I are just going to play soccer outside. We'll be back before ten." He then drags Sehun, who's busy dumping their dishes in the sink, towards the main entrance and waves. "I'll take good care of Sehunnie! Don't worry aunt and uncle!"

"Have fun!" Kris yells after them. Sehun waves and shuts the door.

"Hyung," Jongin turns Kyungsoo towards him and he smiles at the astounded look on his face, "can you show me your room?"

Kris raises his eyebrows and stares at Jongin. "Don't do anything to my son."

"I'm sure Jongin doesn't mean any harm," Zitao tells Kris and rolls his eyes. He looks at Jongin and nods, "It's just a little bit messy upstairs. We're not finished with unpacking yet."

"Oh that's fine," Jongin says as he pulls a very confused and blushing Kyungsoo up from his seat, "Our place is a mess too. We figured that since Kyungsoo's here, this would be the cleanest house to meet up and stuff." He tugs at Kyungsoo's hand (Kris raises his eyebrows again) and Kyungsoo excuses themselves from the dining table.

"Baek," Chanyeol starts, moving two seats closer to the smaller guy. "I made an awesome joke today. You would never believe that I made it up."

"Really now?" Baekhyun says. It's obvious that he's trying to pretend that he's not interested when he truly is, but the other members just let it slip. Baekhyun likes to play hard-to-get after all.

"Yeah! You can ask eomma and appa," Chanyeol responds happily. He gestures for Baekhyun to move closer, and when the older does, Chanyeol whispers in his ear about pistachios. His breath tickles his ears so Baekhyun tries to move away, but Chanyeol keeps him in place and Chen glares.

"Yo, Chanyeol. Move a little, will you?"

Xiumin rolls his eyes. If he didn't know any better, he would've thought that Chen is becoming protective over their "son." That's crazy. Right?

"Sorry for our . . . um, boys," Junmyeon aplogizes. Man, he's ready to bite off Jongin's and Chanyeol's heads. Those little s.

Kris and Chen smile, perhaps a bit too tensely, and they both reply with, "It's fine."

Zitao heads to the kitchen, Xiumin in tow, and soon Junmyeon follows, and the three of them do the dishes together.

"I wanted to be the appa."

"Me too."

"Me three."

"But," Xiumin says as he dries the dishes and hands them to Junmyeon, who places them in the cabinets, "it's kind of interesting how this'll go, don't you think?"

The other "mothers" hum in agreement.


A/N: Thanks for the comments and subscribes guys! I can't even hdkjhksjd I get feels from your comments wtf is wrong with me right, hahaha xD But yeah, I totally skipped studying today just to update. Just because. Anyway, i totally love you all and I really hope that this story is fun for you guys to read~ <3