week one: part iii

Let's Play House!

The Reluctant Eommas (TRE): Xiumin, Zitao, and Junmyeon.

"I don't know what they want for dinner," Junmyeon sighs. "Or what we need."

"Well," Zitao pauses and puts a sack of rice in the cart that Xiumin's pushing, "I'm sure we all need rice."

"Yup," Xiumin agrees. He looks around the aisle signs, wondering what else they need. Zitao puts two more sacks of rice in the cart.

"What else . . ." Zitao mumbles, crossing his arms over his chest as Junmyeon thinks along with Xiumin. The only things they have in their cart so far . . . are three sacks of rice.

"Coffee?"

"Yeah, I think we'll need that." The oldest one starts to push the cart again and leads them to the aisle with coffee mixtures and like that. The people watch them, but none of them move forward to ask for a picture or autograph because of the cameraman surrounding TRE.

"How about . . . meat?" Junmyeon suggests. The other two contemplate.

"That's necessary."

"Yeah, I'm sure we'll need that."

"Oh and fish," Junmyeon adds. "Let's buy some kimchi too."

They put the other ingredients that they listed in their cart and start thinking again. Their cart still feels a little bit too empty.

Junmyeon gives up and pulls his phone out. Xiumin and Zitao look at him curiously.

"What are you doing?" Zitao asks, slightly tilting his head to the side.

"Texting Yixing," Junmyeon replies. "I'm gonna ask him what else we need."

Xiumin snorts. "Would he even know?"

"I'm sure he will," Junmyeon replies and sends Yixing a text. Yo appa, what else do I need to buy?

"Maybe I should ask Kris too," mumbles Zitao. He slips his hand in his pocket and takes out his phone, but he only stares at it.

"I'm not gonna ask Chen," announces Xiumin. He pushes the heavy cart and the younger ones follow, phones in hand.


Family number Three: Yixing and Junmyeon's family.

"Appa," Chanyeol yells from inside the kitchen, peeking at Yixing's screen with a grin, "I think eomma texted you!" He hears footsteps from the stairs and Yixing appears in the kitchen entrance not long after.

"What do you need?" Yixing asks. He catches his phone just as Chanyeol throws it at him.

"Eomma texted." Chanyeol moves around the kitchen again. "Is there no food in here?" he whines.

Yixing doesn't answer because he sees Junmyeon's text message. He sends Junmyeon a message. We need rice, I think. And maybe chips? Chanyeol's whining. ㅎ_ㅎ

"Appa," Chanyeol stresses the name, "I'm hungry."

"Eat some bread." Yixing pats Chanyeol on the back. "I'm sorry we don't have food at the moment. I told Junmyeon to buy some chips."

"I feel like we're poor."

Yixing's phone rings and vibrates, ticking his hand, and he checks it, smiling at the text message. Tell Chanyeol to eat some bread. I'll be back as soon as I can. 

"He said he'll be back as soon as possible," Yixing tells Chanyeol. "And he said that you should just eat some bread."

His phone rings again. Seriously though, I need help. I don't know what to buy. And how are you guys doing over there? I hope you're not slacking off. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ.

We're not, Yixing replies in the text, PromiseWanna have bulgogi for lunch?

Junmyeon quickly sends back a text. Nah. I'll make that for dinner. Let's just have some Chinese food for lunch.

Yixing grins wider and Chanyeol wonders why. Did Junmyeon say something funny? "We're having Chinese food for lunch," Yixing tells him.

"I feel like drooling, appa," Chanyeol says, rubbing his stomach. "Now I know why you were smiling the whole time you were texting eomma! You guys were talking about food!"

"Oh . . . yeah, right," Yixing says, nodding. He doesn't remember smiling when he was texting Junmyeon. He checks his phone again before slipping it into his pocket. Junmyeon said that he'll buy more food and that he'll be back soon. Yixing decides to keep his phone in his pocket just in case Junmyeon texts again.

"At least he's not pistachio anymore," Chanyeol comments while getting some bread.


TRE: Xiumin, Zitao, and Junmyeon.

"Shut up," Junmyeon says. He puts bags of chips in the cart. It's beginning to get full. They should've used separate carts for each family.

"You were smiling when Yixing texted back," Xiumin teases, laughing with Zitao.

"We need soy sauce," Junmyeon says, trying to distract the other two--who, unlike him (because they're ing wimps and Junmyeon is a brave man), did not text their "husbands"--from this conversation.

"That reminds me," Zitao says, "Should we get revenge?"

"On the appas?" Xiumin asks, raising his eyebrows.

"The three and only," Zitao replies with a grin.

"Why not?" Junmyeon exclaims, pumping his fist in the air. "What can we do though?"

"Something simple," Xiumin says. "I don't really want to, you know, go extreme."

"You're going soft on Chen, Xiumin," Zitao teases. Xiumin sticks his tongue out.

"I have a heart, thanks."

"Fine, then let's just put salt in their coffee or something," Junmyeon says. "Make coffee for them tomorrow morning. Use salt instead of sugar."

Xiumin and Zitao exchange looks, grinning from ear to ear. It's not much, but it's a tiny revenge right? Just a payback for being stuck in the eomma role (although these three idiots got stuck being the eomma due to majority rule). "Sounds good to me."

"Same," sings Xiumin. He pushes the cart with fresh energy, as if the 1000-pound cart doesn't weigh anything.

"I guess that's our revenge then."


Family number One: Chen and Xiumin's family.

"I'm hungry," yells Luhan at the top of his lungs.

He's alone in his room (he's so glad that he finally has a room to himself), almost finished with unpacking his things. He hears Baekhyun hit the wall next to him.

"Shut up, hyung! We all are!" Baekhyun yells through the wall. He loves how their rooms are right next to each other. Luhan smiles.

"Can you bring me some bread?" Luhan yells again.

"No, you do it!"

"Hey, stop screaming you two," Chen exclaims from down the hallway. "You guys are disturbing our neighbors. I can already feel Kris banging on my door, speaking in English."

The other two start laughing.

Chen smiles and checks on the two. Baekhyun is already finished unpacking so he's just lying in his bed, playing with his phone (or texting Chanyeol). He checks on Luhan next, who has some of his clothes on the floor, and the others folded neatly in his closet.

"Look, appa, I'm almost finished," sings Luhan with a smile.

"Looks great, Luhan," Chen chuckles. His stomach grumbles and he sighs. "I'm gonna order some Chinese food. I can't wait for Xiumin anymore."

"I want egg fuyong, appa!" Luhan all but screams excitedly.

"I'm in the mood for some tempura!" yells Baekhyun from his room.

"Alright, let me just tell eomma," Chen laughs and pulls his phone out to call Xiumin.


TRE: Xiumin, Zitao, and Junmyeon.

"What? Order Chinese food?" Xiumin asks, squeezing his phone between his ear and shoulder as he helps put the grocery bags in the trunk of Junmyeon's car.

"Yeah, the boys and I are really hungry," Chen replies. "I'll order now so that when you get home--"

"We're going to a Chinese place right now," Xiumin interjects. "I might as well buy the lunch. We just finished grocery shopping." After, like, two hours. "We'll be home soon. What do you guys want?"

"Ah, oh, okay. Well," Chen pauses and Xiumin can imagine him pushing his glasses up his nose bridge, "Luhan wants egg fuyong and Baekhyun wants fried shrimp."

"What about you?" Xiumin asks as he slips in the passenger's seat. He suddenly hears Luhan and Baekhyun screaming, "Hey eomma!"

"Get home soon okay?" Luhan says. "We're really hungry and we miss your nagging already."

There's some rustling and Chen saying, "Hey give me back my phone," with Luhan gladly replying, "'Kay appa!" Xiumin looks out the window with a smile. Stupid idiots.

"What do you want? Junmyeon's stopping by the Chinese restaurant now."

"Oh, uh, anything. You go ahead and pick."

Xiumin raises his eyebrows unconsciously. Well, that's okay. He kind of knows what Chen likes. After all, they're not just members of EXO, they're good friends. "Okay. I'll be home soon. But you guys need to help me bring the groceries in the house."

"Sure thing," Chen says. There's an awkward silence, because neither of them know how to say goodbye.

"Yeah, okay, see you later then," Xiumin says in one breath.

"Yup, okay. See ya," and then Chen hangs up.

"Who's the smiling eomma now?" Junmyeon teases. Xiumin reaches over and pinches his arm. 

"Oh shut up, Junmyeon. You were smiling too." Xiumin rolls his eyes playfully and crosses his arms.

"I wonder if I should buy some Chinese food for the boys," Zitao trails off thoughtfully.

"Go call Kris," Xiumin suggests.

Junmyeon wags his eyebrows and stares at Zitao using the rearview mirror. "You know you want to."

Zitao scoffs but pulls out his phone anyway. He calls Kris and the two other eommas listen in curiously. Kris immediately picks up. "You guys doing alright there, Kris?"

"Yeah, we're fine. When are you coming home?" Kris asks. Zitao faintly hears Kyungsoo and Sehun laughing.

"Soon," Zitao answers. "I'm buying Chinese food for lunch. What do you guys want?"

"The usual for me," Kris replies (Zitao knows what he meant because they've eaten in a lot of Chinese restaurants), then he asks Kyungsoo and Sehun. Apparently, they only want sweet and sour chicken. 

"I hope you're not feeding them nutella again," Zitao says.

"Nope. It wasn't me this time. It was Kyungsoo," Kris says. In the background, Zitao hears Kyungsoo's, "Eh? What did I do?"

"What did he do?" Zitao asks, a smile cracking up his face.

"Well, since you took the nutella from our breakfast menu this morning, Kyungsoo decided to try it and forced Sehun to eat it with him."

"Just nutella?" Zitao asks, surprised.

"Yeah, just nutellaI think they almost finished the jar," Kris says. Zitao hears Kyungsoo say, "Appa, why are you snitching on us?"

"I hope they don't get sick," Zitao sighs. "Tell them to stop eating the nutella right now. Don't let them spoil their appetites, understand, Kris?"

There's a pause. "Yes, eomma," Kris laughs.

"Okay, I'll see you later." No awkward lapses, thank goodness.

"Sure. Bye," Kris says. Before he hangs up, he vaguely hears Kyungsoo and Sehun say, "Bye eomma!"

"Kris is feeding your kids nutella?" Junmyeon asks.

"He would so do that too," Xiumin laughs. "He's in love with that thing."

Zitao just smiles.


"Eomma~!" Luhan yells, running towards Junmyeon's car.

"Can you call Chen over so he can help me out with these bags? Oh and Baekhyun too," Xiumin says.

"Sure, no problem," Luhan says. "I'll help out now." He opens the trunk of Junmyeon's car and greets Zitao and Junmyeon. "Hey there aunts."

"Lulu," Zitao greets. Junmyeon just waves (he's an eomma and an aunt?). Zitao turns to Junmyeon. "I'll go get Kris--"

An arm slips around Zitao and he jumps, elbow jabbing the offender's ribs. Kris smiles down at Zitao. "Hey guys."

Zitao slightly stomps on Kris's foot. "Don't do that. Or else I really will hit your face."

"Scary," Junmyeon chuckles. He sees Jongin slipping out of the front door and his face lights up. 

"Eomma, which is ours?" Luhan asks, looking at the bags that all look alike.

"The ones on the right are ours. There's six  or seven bags, I think," Xiumin says.

"'Kay," Luhan replies. He grabs two, maybe three, bags and walks back to their house; two houses down from Yixing and Junmyeon's house. 

"Help me with the grocery bags, Jonginnie," Junmyeon says and Jongin nods distractedly, looking around.

"Kyungsoo isn't here," Kris tells Jongin, his eyes trailing him. Zitao elbows Kris again. He looks down at his "wife." "What?"

Jongin just ducks his head as he passes Kris and Zitao, mumbling in that teenage-boy-language again. He moves towards Junmyeon.

"Eomma," Jongin exhales, "Please don't tell me that all these bags are ours."

"It's not," Junmyeon says.

"Good," Jongin pauses, "so which are ours?"

"The ones in the middle."

"They all look alike, eomma," Jongin says, rubbing his head. Junmyeon goes over and points at the bags in the middle (they still all look alike to Jongin). The younger one merely grabs the two bags cowering underneath Junmyeon's finger.

"I'll call appa," Jongin tells Junmyeon as he trudges back inside their house.

"Carry the rice sack, Kris," Zitao orders, grabbing the two other bags. Kris nods and puts the sack of rice on his shoulder, following Zitao back to their house.

"Thanks for taking us out, Junmyeon," Xiumin says as he grabs some of the bags from the trunk.

Junmyeon does the same thing and smiles at his friend. "No problem."


A/N: Again, a kind-of boring chapter, just about the eommas. Next chapter is about the "kids" (; It'll be fun, I promise. :-) Whew, I'm surprised that I got to update today! Anyway, thanks so so sosososososo much guys for the comments and subscribes! Seriously, i love you allll~ <3