week one: part ii

Let's Play House!

Family number One: Chen and Xiumin's family.

"Luhan," Xiumin calls from the kitchen. He's preparing breakfast for the other guys, pan sizzling with the pancakes he's making. When he doesn't get a response, he raises his voice. "Luhan!"

"He's still asleep," Baekhyun says, poking his head in the kitchen entrance. "He came back with Sehun a little bit over eleven."

"Eleven?" Xiumin can't remember what he was doing at that time. Perhaps he was already asleep. Or perhaps he couldn't think because he had to share a bed with Chen.

"Where's Chen?" Baekhyun asks, and instantly gets hit on the head with a rolled newspaper.

"That's appa for you," Chen scolds him playfully. He's in a white V-neck shirt and black drawstring pants, his pajamas, along with his glasses. His dark hair is all messy and spiked up, looking like he just woke up (which he probably did).

"Man, you really look like one too," Baekhyun says and runs to the dining room before he gets hit by the rolled newspaper again.

"You're acting like one," Xiumin comments as Chen moves around the kitchen to make some coffee.

"And you're acting like an eomma," Chen says. Xiumin scowls and nearly hits him with the spatula. It's a hell of a good thing that Xiumin knows his limitations. Unlike Chen. Chen smiles and walks past Xiumin, sliding his hand across the small of his back as he does so. Xiumin jumps a little, but Chen doesn't see it because he had already entered the dining room.

That .

Xiumin puts the pancakes on a plate and leaves the dirty pans in the sink. He brings their breakfast to the table and Baekhyun immediately moves to grab one with a fork.

Chen shakes his head at Baekhyun, and the Korean singer sighs before pulling his hand back. Xiumin is amazed at the interaction, but doesn't read into it. He asks, "What do you want to drink, Baekhyun?"

"Apple juice," Baekhyun happily replies. Xiumin nods and goes back to the kitchen to retrieve the beverage for Baekhyun.

"Hey, appa," adresses Baekhyun as he slightly swings his feet back and forth underneath the table, "how come you let Luhan stay out so late with Sehun but I couldn't stay over at Chanyeol's place for fifteen extra minutes?"

"Because you're young," he says nonchalantly. He pushes his glasses up his nose and reads the newspaper on the table.

Baekhyun gapes. He points at Chen. "But you're younger than me!"

"Pointing is rude," Xiumin says as he re-enters the dining room. He looks at Chen. "Don't read on the table."

"Yes, eomma," responds the two. Chen pushes his newspaper off the table and Baekhyun drops his finger. Xiumin huffs and smiles a little bit. Is this what they call the eomma power? If so, then maybe--just maybe--he'll enjoy being the eomma for eight weeks.

"Now let's eat," Xiumin announces. He sits himself beside Chen, across from Baekhyun. "Now what were you two talking about?"


Family number Two: Kris and Zitao's family.

"Here, have some more nutella," Kris says and pushes the jar towards Kyungsoo and Sehun. Kris prepared breakfast for them, which includes nutella and bread. And bananas.

"Is this even healthy?" Zitao asks Kris. The older one shrugs. "It's too early for chocolate," he tells him.

"But eomma," Kyungsoo whines. A single muscle fiber twitches in Zitao's body at the name, but he just breathes and shakes his head at Kyungsoo. He's kind of getting used to it (since Kris was enforcing it all last night). 

"Nope. No chocolate in the morning."

"It's not chocolate," Kris tells Zitao, who merely ignores him, "It's nutella." Kris reaches over and pinches Zitao's cheeks once he realized that he's being ignored. He gets an elbow jab in return. "Get it right, Zitao."

"Just shut up, old man," Zitao says. He looks at Sehun as he takes the nutella from Kyungsoo. "You look really tired, Sehun."

Sehun yawns and nods. He gets himself a banana and eats slowly.

"What time did you come back?" Zitao asks.

"Certainly not ten," Kris mutters. Kyungsoo kicks him underneath the table.

"Eleven-ish," Sehun replies. Zitao raises his eyebrows.

"But Luhan said that you two will be back before ten," Kris says. "Man, I can't trust him anymore."

"It's not his fault," Sehun automatically defends, "I kind of made him stay with me until then. Then we lost track of time."

"Oh, Sehunnie is so romantic," Kyungsoo teases. Sehun turns to him and makes a face.

"I don't trust you two together anymore," Zitao laughs. He knows the two take good care of themselves, so he doesn't actually worry. He gets up and replaces the nutella jar (Did Kris bring this from the dorm? Zitao wonders) with a peanut butter jar. It's healthier.

"Here, have some peanut butter." Zitao slides the peanut butter jar across the table and Kris catches it.

"Nutella's more delicious."

"Take what you get," Zitao tells him and plops down beside him again.

"I want nutella, eomma," Kyungsoo says, but he gets peanut butter anyway.

"Next time, I'll make some food for you guys," Zitao says, and the other guys smile. They're so thankful for their wonderful eomma.


Family number Three: Yixing and Junmyeon's family.

"Eomma," Chanyeol calls.

"Wait a minute, damn it," Junmyeon mutters, wiping his face with a face towel. These kids wake up too ing early! Shouldn't it be the other way around? The older you get, the earlier you wake up? Junmyeon runs his fingers through his hair and jogs down the stairs, into the dining room. He can't believe he responds to eomma now.

"Eomma," Chanyeol calls louder this time. It sounds like he's in the kitchen.

"I'm in the dining room," Junmyeon replies. He notices that the plates and breads are already prepared and he feels a tad bit of guilt. His eomma always wake up before him and prepares his breakfast . . . does that mean he's a bad eomma? But then again, he didn't want to become one, so.

"Good morning, Junmyeon," Yixing greets, entering the dining room and brushes his fingers on his shoulder as he passes the older one.

"Morning," Junmyeon greets. Jongin mumbles in that teenage-boy-language he used to speak way back when. Chanyeol barges in the dining room with cups of coffees.

"I made coffees for everyone!" Chanyeol states delightedly, handing everyone their cup.

Junmyeon thanks Chanyeol and puts his elbows on the table. Damn, he's already getting a headache? They all start eating silently, and then Junmyeon suddenly says, "We have a lot of things to do today." Like a  ton.

"Hm? Like what?" Yixing asks, stirring his coffee absently.

"Well, first, we need groceries. Then we need to finish unpacking. Maybe arrange some furniture too."

"Doesn't sound so bad," Jongin says.

"But it is," Junmyeon sighs. He grabs a piece of loaf and puts butter on it. He doesn't tell them that he likes his bread warm. "Okay, who's doing what?"

"Eommas know best," Yixing says, shrugging. The other two agree and they all watch as Junmyeon sighs again.

"You guys ."

"We love you too, eomma," Jongin smiles. Yixing chuckles and rubs Junmyeon's back.

"He's so pistachio."

"Chanyeol, stop. It's so not the time for that," Junmyeon says. Yixing lets out a loud laugh and turns away from Junmyeon, who's glaring at him.

"Okay. Okay," Junmyeon pauses and bites a small piece from his bread, "I'll go to the groceries. Maybe I can invite Zitao and Xiumin . . ."

"That's right! They're eommas too, right?" Jongin asks.

"You're so ist," Yixing tries to hold in his laughter. Junmyeon pinches him on the leg (there isn't much fat to pinch and twist, you Yixing) and Yixing wraps his hand around his and pulls Junmyeon's hand away from his knee.

"We'll be planning."

"Planning about what?" Chanyeol asks.

"Oh you know. What to make for dinner," Junmyeon replies. The other guys visibly relax, and Junmyeon smiles. Yup, the eommas will be planning alright. And it won't be just about dinner.

"I've got to call the other two up. Ask them if they want to come along." Junmyeon finishes his breakfast and coffee and brings them to the sink. "Wash the dishes for eomma, okay?" he tells them.

"Yeah, okay," Yixing replies for the three of them. At least Junmyeon calls himself eomma now.


A/N: Thanks a bunch for all the comments and subscribes! Seriously, I'm so happy at the feedback you guys give me! Like super happy. I love you guys so much it's not even. And yeah, the chapter is pretty boring, but at least we got to see their interactions right? :"> Week one is all about getting used to it (; p.s. I don't know if I'll be able to update in the next two-ish days. who knows . . . btw, if you guys want to read one-shots I created (so far, I only created EXO fics), you can check out my livejournal. :-) thankyouthankyouthankyou!