week two: part ii

Let's Play House!

7:30 A.M.; at Yixing and Junmyeon's house.

Yixing slips out of the bed, as stealthily as he possibly can, and grabs a quickly-picked outfit and underwear before he exits the room for the bathroom.

Today is the day to start his plan.

Of course, he's going to keep this from Junmyeon until Father's Day, so he needs to be very careful. He tip toes in the hallway, heart thudding loudly in his chest because he thinks that everyone in the house can hear the obnoxious beating of his heart. But no one hears him and everything is silent and Yixing enters the bathroom without any problems.

A couple of minutes later, Yixing exits the bathroom, ready to head out (as soon as he gets his wallet and keys for the car) when he suddenly sees Jongin slip out of his room, hair messy and phone in hand. Jongin looks up and squints.

"You going anywhere, appa?" Jongin asks, his voice soft and scratchy.

Yixing feels like he's been caught. "Um, uh, yeah." Oh god, stop stuttering, Yixing.

"Is eomma coming with you?" Jongin asks. "It seems awfully early for eomma," chuckles Jongin.

Yixing laughs; that's true. "He's still asleep. I'll be going by myself."

Jongin raises an eyebrow. "Where are you going?"

"Just the mall," answers Yixing. "If Junmyeon asks, tell him I'm buying  something for my appa."

"Okay," Jongin says and then starts to head down the hallways. He stops, however, and looks back at Yixing. "Are you actually going to buy something for your appa?"

Yixing smiles, and Jongin thinks that Yixing looked a bit devilish today, before he replies. "Something like that."


Navigating the mall in Seoul isn't as hard as Yixing thought it would be. His Korean, thankfully, is good enough that he can understand the signs on the street (sort of). He left his house about half an hour ago and he hopes, desperately, that his plan wouldn't be ruined. 

As the Chinese appa parks his car in the parking lot of the mall, he thinks. To prevent appearing suspicious to Junmyeon, Yixing decides to spend his time at the mall for about two hours. That would be fine, right? 

He leaves his car and enters the mall, sunglasses and hat intact so as to not attract any attention. They, however, prove worthless because of the cameraman following him. Yixing sighs and takes the sunglasses off. He keeps his hat on to, even just a little, obscure his appearance. 

"Ah," Yixing sighs as he continues to walk and glance at the stores. "I don't know what to get him." Yixing looks at the cameraman and asks him. "Do you know any good places to go to, uh, hyung?" His Korean respect terms still feel weird on his tongue. 

The cameraman replies with a negative so Yixing pouts a little as he crosses his arms. "I should've planned better." For a minute or so, Yixing stands there in deep thought, and then he pulls his phone out.

"Yixing ah," the cameraman says, "what are you doing?"

"I'm calling Kris," answers Yixing. "And I'll call Chen too."

He calls his leader, drumming his fingers inside his pocket, and when the Chinese EXO leader answers with a sleepy voice, Yixing gets to the point.

"What are you getting Zitao for Father's Day?"

"Oh my god, what?" Kris asks, voice suddenly awake. "Father's Day?" He lowers his voice and Yixing can hear rustling and the clicking of the door. "Oh my god, I didn't even know about that."

"They're all over the television," Yixing tells him. "Anyway, I'm at the mall right now. Planning to buy something for Junmyeon."

"I should go over there too. Damn it's already open?" Kris asks. He sighs, sounding a bit panicked. "I'll be there."

Yixing blinks. "Oh. Okay. I'm going to contact Chen. Alright, bye." He hangs up and looks at the cameraman. "Kris is coming to the mall." He moves again, dialing Chen's number.

Unlike Kris, Chen sounds as if he's been awake for a while.

"Hey Yixing. What's up?" Chen asks.

"I'm wondering if you already planned what you're doing for Xiumin on Father's Day," Yixing says, scratching the back of his head.

"Oh, mm. Yeah. We're both appas on that day," Chen replies. Yixing hears Xiumin in the background, asking who he was talking to, and Chen says Yixing's name.

"Hi Yixing!" Xiumin greets happily.

"Morning Xiumin," Yixing greets. He then adds, "Listen, guys, I don't know what to get Junmyeon for Father's Day, and I'm at the mall right now. Kris is on his way too . . ."

"You want our help?" Chen asks.

"Any ideas?" Yixing asks.

"Get him what he wants."

"But . . ."

"Please tell me that you know what he wants," Chen says tensely.

"Sort of?"

"Oh my god, Yixing," Chen says. Yixing faintly hears murmuring between the other two on the opposite end of the line, and then Chen says, "We can come over there. If you want."

"I'm counting on that, thanks," Yixing replies.

"Alright, we'll be there soon," Chen says just as he hears Xiumin say, "See you later Yixing!" Chen hangs up and Yixing exhales with a smile on his face.

He looks at the camera with a shy grin and fist pumps. "For Junmyeon. Fighting!"


8:06 A.M.; At Kris and Zitao's house.

"Appa, where are you going?" Kyungsoo asks, looking away from the television. 

"The mall," he replies hastily. He puts a cap on his head. 

Kyungsoo suddenly snaps his body to turn towards Kris. "Why didn't you tell any of us, appa?"

"An impromptu call," Kris says in English, hoping that Kyungsoo would focus on the word instead of where he was going. Or his business.

"Im . . . promp . . . tu," Kyungsoo repeats slowly.

"Look it up," Kris says as he heads to the front door. Yet once again he is stopped in his tracks--but it's not Kyungsoo this time. Kris smiles, albeit a bit nervously, as he stares into the dark eyes of Zitao.

"Going somewhere?" Zitao asks, arms crossed. He wants to delay Kris in wherever he's going because he really wants him to realize that this Sunday is Father's Day and maybe, perhaps, receive something from Kris.

"Yup," Kris replies. "I won't be out for too long." He steps to the side, attempting to sidestep his "wife" but Zitao moves quickly to block his way again (damn Zitao and his fast ing reflexes).

The smaller male opens his mouth, a devious look in his eyes, and then Kris swallows before leaning down, just slightly, oh-so-ing slightly, pressing his lips on Zitao's forehead.

Kris stops breathing, not knowing that Zitao is also holding his breath, before he exhales, "I'll be home before dinner." He slips out of the door before Zitao could reply.

Zitao doesn't know how long he has been standing by the door and he wonders, really wonders, if what just happened was part of his imagination (not that he ever imagined Kris doing that).

He wraps his fingers around his upper arms, feeling the goosebumps he didn't remember he had.


A/N: I'm updating from my phone ugh I tried out my small laptop and it was cute, even fun, but wow it was really hard to go back and edit. Anyway, THANKS GUYS SO MUCH FOR THE SUBSCRIBES AND COMMENTS! I hope you all enjoy this and the future chaps! <3