week two: part vii

Let's Play House!

Family number One: Chen and Xiumin's family.

"Oh my god," Luhan screams, laughing as Baekhyun whizzes past him. His hair must be messed up, probably had been for the past two hours, but he doesn't care. He's having too much fun, and he could tell that the other three guys are having fun too.

He stomps on the accelerator, causing his motorbike to propel forward, trying to catch up with the rest of the family. Luhan grins to himself, going through the bumpy roads and loving the way his stomach drops whenever he speeds downhill. He sees the others stop at the side of the road, and he follows.

"What are you guys doing?" Luhan yells as he comes closer.

"Hyung, we need to go soon," Baekhyun tells him as he fiddles with his phone. "Remember the reservation at the restaurant? We have to go in a few minutes if we want to make it."

Luhan sighs, looking at his watch. "It's already this late?" he asks. Last time he checked, it was only two-thirty in the afternoon. But damn, it's already ten minutes from five o'clock? They better head to the restaurant then!

"We should go," Xiumin says as he checks his watch as well. "Baekhyun told me that the reservation you guys made is at seven, and the drive back will definitely take a while."

"Yeah," Chen agrees. "Let's head back."

"Race you guys back to the entrance?" Luhan asks, grinning.

"You bet, hyung!"

"I'm in!"

"You guys, just don't crash into each other please."


Family number Two: Kris and Zitao's family.

"So, how do you like our presents?" Kyungsoo asks, walking backwards to look at his "parents." He and Sehun are walking ahead, because they're now at downtown, leading the two Chinese men (boys) towards the restaurant that he and Sehun reserved a few days prior.

"I like it a lot," Kris says.

"I love it," Zitao nods his head, smiling widely. And then he remembers something. Quickly, he moves in between Kyungsoo and Sehun, bending down a little so he could whisper in Kyungsoo's ear. "By the way, what surprise were you talking about earlier?"

"Huh?" Kyungsoo asks, a confused lilt to his voice.

"You told Kris that I was going to give him a present tonight," Zitao rushes to whisper because Kris is walking faster, catching up behind them.

"So, what's this whispering all about, Zitao?" Kris playfully but curiously asks.

Zitao shoots him a smile. "Nothing."

"Oh," Kyungsoo exhales, because he finally gets what Zitao is trying to say. "The restaurant," is what he says.

Zitao takes a guess and assumes that he is going to pay for their dinner. Thank goodness he didn't forget his wallet at home.

"What about the restaurant?" Kris asks, tilting his head.

"We're almost there," Kyungsoo informs them, which is the truth. Sehun nods his head and, when they reached the restaurant, he stops and gestures to it, saying, "Voila."

"Where'd you learn saying that?" Kyungsoo asks. He's sure it's not English--maybe French.

"Appa taught me," Sehun proudly states as Kris claps his hand on Sehun's shoulder. "Did I pronounce right?"

"It was perfect," Kris says in English. Is Kyungsoo imagining things or did his "eomma" just melt? Oh well, he lets it slide as he urges Kris and Zitao to go in the restaurant first.

Their "parents" stand by the main desk, and Kyungsoo pulls Sehun with him as a woman (waitress?) in a black pencil skirt and white button up dress shirt asks them for a name and reservation time.

"Huang Zitao," Sehun starts.

"Six forty-five," Kyungsoo finishes.

The waitress nods with a smile, and she tells them to follow her. Their table is near the stage, where a musician is playing the piano while the customers around them eat and have a great time. The four take a seat and their waitress hands them each of their own menus, reassuring them that she'll come back to get their orders in a few minutes.

"This looks really . . . expensive," Zitao comments as he flips through the menu.

"It is," Sehun says.

"But it's good quality," Kyungsoo butts in, smiling widely. "A special dinner for a special occassion."

"It looks delicious," Kris says, eyes glued to the menu.

"What do you guys want to order?" Kyungsoo asks.

"Uh," Sehun murmurs, quickly flipping through the pages. He saw something he really liked on the website when he and Kyungsoo were looking through the restaurant's menu a couple of days ago, but he can't remember. 

The waitress comes soon after and they carefully choose their orders. "There are appetizers, if you want to order. So you all will have something to eat while waiting for the main course."

"How does garlic bread sound, guys?" Kris asks the table. The other three nod, and the waitress tells them that she'll be back with their appetizers.

Kyungsoo pulls at Sehun's hand. "Appa, eomma, I'm just going to the restroom." Sehun looks at him weirdly. "And I need your help," the older of the two tells him.

Kris doesn't think too much about it because his boys are too cute and Zitao merely nods, because what can he do? Kyungsoo is acting extra weird today (and adorable, but he won't say that), and Sehun is probably just getting dragged around by his hyung.

"This place is nice," Kris tells Zitao. He pulls his phone out and smiles at Zitao. "Let's take a picture."

"Are you--okay. Okay," Zitao smiles, shaking his head. "I'll take a picture on my phone too. And with the boys."

"I'll take a picture with the boys too," Kris says, grinning. He places his phone in front of them and moves closer to Zitao, shoulders pressed against one another. "Smile, Zitao."

On the other end of the restaurant, where the restrooms are found, Kyungsoo pulls Sehun inside the men's restroom.

"Hyung, what are you planning now?" Sehun asks, eyebrows furrowed.

"Remember what I told you about the stage earlier?"

"Oh my god, you were serious?"

Kyungsoo nods excitedly. "We're just going to give them a message. I can't really think of any songs to sing."

Sehun sighs in relief. He's not sure he would know what songs his hyung knows, so he's glad that they're not performing. "Okay."

"We're doing it once we get out of the restroom."

"Okay."

"We're going to sneak onto the stage after talking to the staff, so we won't bother them."

"Okay." Sehun pauses. "Wait, what? Sneak onto the stage?"

"Sehun, it's going to be alright," Kyungsoo tells him as he slowly moves out of the restroom. "After all, hyung will be there."

"I can't believe you, hyung."


Family number One: Chen and Xiumin's family.

"Oh my god, ohmygodohmygod," Luhan repeats, pulling Xiumin by his wrist. "Where's the restaurant? We're going to be late."

"Chill," Baekhyun says, noticing how both Luhan and Xiumin look like they're about to hyperventilate because they can't find the restaurant. And oh, their reservation is in five minutes. "We'll find it."

"What's the name of it again?" Chen asks, looking around the signs in downtown. Maybe they passed it.

"I can't remember," Luhan cries, pushing a hand through his hair. "Oh my god, I can't remember."

"Brain fart." Baekhyun looks around, squinting at the signs. "It should be somewhere--oh! Right there! Come on," he says as he walks purposely through the crowd, down the pavement. The three follow closely behind, and then Baekhyun is pushing the door open, pushing them all inside as a woman in a black pencil skirt and white button up shirt asks for their name and reservation.

"Byun Baekhyun," Luhan says, smiling brightly at the woman. "Our reservation is at seven. Sorry if we're a little late."

"Oh not at all," the woman says, waving her perfectly manicured hands in front of her. "Follow me, please."

"Appa, eomma, you will love this," Baekhyun is saying to Chen and Xiumin. "We're near the stage, and they have those cool live performances while we eat, and--"

"Oh my god," Luhan says again (Baekhyun has gotten used to Luhan saying that so many times this day).

"Here is your table, sirs," the woman tells them, but the four newcomers seem like they didn't hear her. Well, maybe Baekhyun did because he pushes Chen, Xiumin, and Luhan down in their seats.

"Thank you," Baekhyun tells her, eyes flickering back to the stage. "We'll just call you when we're ready to order."

"Um, okay. Here are the menus," the woman says awkwardly as she puts the menus on the table. She leaves afterwards.

"Is that Sehun?" Luhan asks, voice low. He didn't want to disturb the people.

"I-I think it is," Xiumin says.

Baekhyun squints some more and leans forward in his seat. "Oh my god, and Kyungsoo's over there too."

"So that means that Kris and Zitao are here," Chen says.

"Um, excuse me," Sehun laughs awkwardly as he taps the microphone. (The other EXO members wanted to squeal because Sehun is acting so cute.) He covers the microphone with his hand and steps backwards, turning his head as he converses with Kyungsoo.

"What are they doing?" Baekhyun asks, fascinated.

"I don't know," Chen replies, smiling.

"Um," Sehun clears his throat, voice booming through the speakers. "We just wanted to greet Kris and Zitao a Happy Father's Day, because you guys are awesome. Um, thank you."

Luhan can't help the squeal that bubbles in his throat because Sehunnie is so damn cute. Sehun looks up in the crowd, gaze searching, but then Kyungsoo steps up and takes the mic away.

"That's cute, right?" Kyungsoo laughs, pinching Sehun's cheeks. The crowd laughs and cooes, and Sehun bows his head a couple of times, smiling shyly.

"They're so cute," Luhan says, smiling fondly at the stage.


Family number Three: Yixing and Junmyeon's family.

"What time is the reservation again?" Junmyeon asks, pulling Chanyeol and Jongin by their hands as they make their way through downtown. There were many cars parked along the street, and it was hard trying to find a parking spot. And when they did, it was really far from the restaurant.

"Seven-twenty," Jongin replies.

"We would've gotten here earlier if you guys accepted that you lost to M.I.B.," Chanyeol tells Junmyeon.

"I accepted our loss," Yixing says, smiling as Junmyeon sends him a glare.

"Eomma didn't want to, so we took longer," Jongin says, laughing.

"Oh, please. That was totally cheating. My foot kept on slipping."

"We're here!" Chanyeol announces, pulling the door open as he drags both Jongin and Junmyeon in the restaurant. Yixing laughs and trails behind them.

"Park Chanyeol," Chanyeol tells the lady in the black pencil skirt and white button up shirt. She looks surprised. "Our reservation is at seven-twenty."

"Oh, um, yes," she says, fumbling with the menus. They hear the crowd inside the restaurant roar with laughter and awwws, and Chanyeol grins at Jongin.

"This sounds like a fun restaurant."

"I'm glad we chose this restaurant, hyung," Jongin fist bumps with Chanyeol.

"Please follow me. I'll show you four to your table," she says.

"Eomma, appa," Chanyeol begins as the lady leads them through tables, "I reserved a really awesome spot for us. It's near this stage and--"

"--appa, you're really cool with your English and stuff like that. Sehun and I learn a lot from you."

The four EXO members bump into each other when they heard Kyungsoo's voice.

"Is that Kyungsoo?" Junmyeon asks, but their questions are answered when they are seated at a table near the stage, where they can clearly see the performers--and the other EXO members; Kyungsoo and Sehun.

"And Zitao . . . appa, you're really sweet even though you try to hide it," Kyungsoo says, totally ignoring the newcomers. He's only looking at something else in the back. Jongin turns, and sees that Zitao is covering his cheeks while Kris has that face-splitting smile on his face.

"Zitao and Kris are here."

"Well, yeah, because their sons are over here," Junmyeon states.

"Yes, thank you," Yixing is saying to the lady who led them to their table. "I'll get the other guys to order before you come back."

"Alright, sir," the lady bows and rushes away.

"And--" Sehun taps his shoulder, cutting him off and whispering something in his ear. Kyungsoo looks embarrassed when he faces the crowd again. (Jongin wonders what Sehun told him.) "Um, happy Father's Day appas! We really love you guys and, um, happy Father's Day to all the other appas out there. Thank you!"

Kyungsoo and Sehun bow to the cheering crowd, and Chanyeol seizes this opportunity to stand up from his seat to go over the EXO members coming off the stage.

Junmyeon pulls his "son" back down on his seat. "Choose what you want, first."

Chanyeol pouts at Junmyeon. "I'll get what Jongin gets."

"I'm getting what appa gets," Jongin says, also standing up. Yixing doesn't try to stop them and merely nods. Junmyeon sighs and lets Chanyeol join Jongin.

"I don't know if they'll like my taste," Yixing tells Junmyeon, but he's still smiling. As if he's planning to make them eat something horrible.

"They're brats," Junmyeon sighs as he fingers through the menu, "maybe we should just get them kiddy meals."

"Do they even have those?" Yixing chuckles.

"Maybe," Junmyeon says with a smile.


7:30 P.M.; at the restaurant.

"Psst, Sehun," Luhan whisper-yells, cupping his hands around his lips as the maknae of the group passes by the table. Sehun turns around and immediately spots Luhan.

"You're here too?" Sehun asks, surprised.

Luhan pouts. "You don't want me to be here?"

"No, it's just . . . I saw Chanyeol and his family at the front, and then now I saw you, and I'm just . . . mind blown," Sehun explains.

"Chanyeol's here?" Baekhyun asks, looking around.

Chanyeol's hand materializes on top of Baekhyun's head. "Yup. I'm here with my family too." He notices Baekhyun's outfit, and the rest of his family's outfits. "Where'd you guys go?"

"We went bike riding," Chen answers, and Xiumin grins. "With, like, motorbikes."

"Was it fun?" Chanyeol asks. He has always wanted to do that! "Man, you should take me with you all next time!"

"We actually considered it," Luhan says, tilting his head towards Baekhyun, "but then we decided to spend our time with our parents."

"Then next time, we should all go," Chanyeol says, nearly bouncing on his heels. It sounds really exciting.

"Well, isn't this a nice coincidence?" Jongin says, smiling at Kyungsoo. "We heard your message by the way. That was really adorable, hyung."

"Oh my god, you should've seen Sehun's!" Luhan laughs, clapping his hands. The younger runs his fingers through his hair and looks around shyly. "It was so awkward and cute."

Jongin laughs, lightly hitting Sehun's shoulder. "Aww, our little Sehunnie is always like that."

"Shut up."

"Happy Father's Day you guys," Kyungsoo tells Chen and Xiumin (he assumed that Xiumin also wanted to be an appa today, because that's how it was with Kris and Zitao).

"Oh yeah, happy Father's Day!" Chanyeol greets them.

"Happy Father's Day," Jongin joins, giving them a thumbs up.

Chen and Xiumin smile and thank them, telling them to greet their "parents" for them as well.

"Well, we have to go," Kyungsoo says as he pulls Sehun by the shoulder. "I think our main course is here. Maybe Zitao already ate all our food."

They all laugh, and then the two boys go over their table.

"You guys enjoying your Father's Day?" Chanyeol asks, grinning at Chen and Xiumin.

"Yup," Chen says as he nods. "It's a fun day."

"We made it fun," Baekhyun tells Chanyeol. Chanyeol ruffles his hair again.

"Hyung and I should go too," Jongin says as he sidesteps a waitress. The waitress places the meals on the table with a smile, saying the name of the dish as she hands them to the males. "Maybe our food would be there when we get back."

"I'm sure your appetizers are there," Luhan smiles playfully as he pushes the two away. "Enjoy the rest of the evening guys! Tell your parents that we said Happy Father's Day!"

The two nod and walk away, going back to their table.

"Eomma, you'll never guess who we saw!" Chanyeol says as he plops down on his seat. He sees the mozzarella sticks on the table and instantly grabs one.

"Have some manners," Junmyeon rolls his eyes, "you make us think that we don't feed you well enough."

"Sorry eomma," Chanyeol laughs, covering his mouth because he's already chewing on the mozzarella stick.

"We saw Chen and his family here," Jongin tells them, taking a mozzarella stick for himself. "This isn't the only thing you ordered right?"

"No, these are just appetizers," Yixing informs them.

"We ordered kiddy meals for you guys," Junmyeon says with a motherly (fatherly?) smile.

"Serious?" Chanyeol asks, taking another mozzarella stick.

"You know that it probably won't fill our stomachs right?" Jongin asks, chewing on his mozzarella stick. Man, this is delicious.

"Well, you should've ordered for yourselves before flirting with the other families' sons," Junmyeon says, raising his eyebrows at the boys with a smile on his face.

"Pssh, flirting?" Chanyeol laughs, shaking his head.

"Yeah, eomma, what are you talking about?" Jongin scoffs, rolling his eyes. "Pssh."

"'Pssh'," Junmyeon imitates and Yixing spits out his water, covering his mouth with the white cloth in his hand. Chanyeol and Jongin laugh while Junmyeon continues on. "You guys are flirting."

"We are not."

"Oh, just wait until you watch the whole recording of House. You guys'll see what I see."

"But, eomma, seriously, did you order kiddy meals for us?" Jongin asks.

"No," Junmyeon laughs, taking a mozzarella stick for himself. The basket is almost gone with the sticks. "Uh, Yixing, what did we order for them again?"

"Eomma and I didn't know what to order for you two," Yixing tells them as he clasps his hands together, "so we just ordered fried chicken."

"That's fine," Chanyeol smiles with a shrug. Jongin shrugs as well. The older pulls another mozzarella stick and points it at Jongin. "I challenge you to a mozzarella stick fight."

"Oh god," Junmyeon buries his face in his hands as he mumbles, "Have I taught them nothing?" Yixing just smiles as he rubs Junmyeon's back, thinking of his surprise for the other.

"You're on, hyung. Winner gets the last mozzarella stick," Jongin says as he pulls his own mozarella stick from the basket. As the boys "fought" using their "swords," Yixing slyly takes the last mozzarella stick from the basket and chews on it. Junmyeon laughs at his "husband's" antics.

Back in Kris and Zitao's family, Kyungsoo and Sehun are smiling widely as Kris takes a picture of Zitao with their "kids."

"You guys, that was really sweet," Zitao tells them.

"We're glad that you and appa liked it," Kyungsoo tells them, eagerly taking a bite of his meal.

"It was very cute," Kris agrees.

"And Sehun's was so cute don't you think?" Kyungsoo teases, nudging Sehun's side. "Chen and Xiumin wanted to say Happy Father's Day as well."

"Did they call?" Zitao asks, surprised.

"No," Kyungsoo laughs, "they're actually over there," he nods towards one direction, "and then the other family is somewhere in this restaurant too."

"Wow," Kris says as he takes a spoonful of clam chowder, "we're all in here, huh?"

"Yeah," Sehun nods, "I think we're all enjoying this day."

"Appa, what's that?" Kyungsoo asks, staring at the soup in the bowl because it smells and looks delicious.

"Clam chowder," Kris responds. He takes a spoonful. "Do you want some?"

"Please," Kyungsoo says, all cutely, and he opens his mouth wide as Kris spoon-feeds him.

"I want some too," Sehun says after hearing his hyung say, "I'm going to make some tomorrow."

"I want to try," Zitao also says, pouting.

Kris laughs and nods. Aw, his "family" is so cute. He just wants to hug them all.

At Chen's table, all of them are busy eating the potato wedges that they all agreed on as appetizers. Luhan and Baekhyun are talking about what to do this coming week, and Xiumin is checking his phone.

"Let's take a picture," he tells them, immediately stopping the conversation between Luhan and Baekhyun.

"Okay, eomma," Luhan sings. He takes the phone from Xiumin's hands and Baekhyun leans away so he won't be in the shot.

"What are you guys doing?" Xiumin asks.

"Taking our parents' picture," Luhan answers happily. He signals for them to move closer, and then he's counting. "Three . . . two . . . one . . . smile!"

Chen and Xiumin smile, cheeks almost pressed together because Luhan kept on telling them to move closer. "Let's have a family picture too."

"Ask the waitress to take a picture for us," Baekhyun tells Luhan.

"I will," he assures him, handing the phone back to Xiumin. He takes his own phone out and pulls Baekhyun by his shoulder. "Let's take a picture together, Baekhyunnie. I'm going to show off my dongsaeng." With that, he takes the picture as he and Baekhyun smile adorably at the camera.

"Oooh, I think our waitress is here," Xiumin says, readying his phone.

It is, indeed, their waitress and she lists the names of the meals as she hands them to the "family." She bows and is about to leave, but Luhan and Baekhyun stop her, requesting.

"Can you take our family picture?" Luhan asks.

"Make it two, please," Baekhyun says as he hands her his phone.

"Just send me the picture, Baek," Luhan tells him.

"Sure thing, hyung," Baekhyun says.

They smile widely at the camera, and the waitress takes a picture. She takes Baekhyun's phone, smiling that awkward smile again, and takes a picture. She quickly hands the phones back to their owners and bows. The other four bow in thanks, and they begin to eat their dinner.


Family number Three: Yixing and Junmyeon's family, 9:30 P.M.

It was a fun day. Yixing and Junmyeon are sure that they won't forget it; and they're both sure that Chanyeol and Jongin won't forget it either. They got home at around 8:30 P.M., tired but content. To wrap up the day, they watched a comedy movie--but Chanyeol and Jongin began to doze off after the first thirty minutes.

Junmyeon had urged them to go to sleep in their bedrooms, reminding them to brush their teeth and change into their pajamas before they hit the covers. He had told Yixing that he was going to head up to their room so he could prepare himself for bed, and Yixing had told him to go ahead because he wanted to finish the movie.

Of course, that is a lie.

The truth is, he asked one of their staff-noonas to develop the picture they took at the arcade, with all of them smiling widely in front of the arcade motorbikes (is that what they're called? Yixing doesn't know). He already bought a frame when he went to the mall, and all he needed is that picture.

There's a knock at the door and Yixing rushes to open it.

"Sorry it took long," their staff-noona apologizes as he hands him a small yet thick envelope. "The managers told me to develop the whole film."

"Oh, it's fine," Yixing tells her. He wanted to invite her over, to thank her properly, but she's already bowing and making her way out of the threshold. "Thank you very much, noona!"

"No problem," she whisper-yells, waving at him with a smile. She gives him a thumbs-up, "Happy Father's Day, Lay! Good luck with Junmyeon!"

He wonders what she meant by Good luck with Junmyeon, but he doesn't think too much of it, because he is making his way up the stairs, putting the envelope behind him as he moves into their room, attempting to keep the envelope out of sight.

Junmyeon is thankfully already on the bed, rubbing his eyes as he yawns, and Yixing smiles at him before gathering his pajamas in his arms and slipping the envelope and frame in between his clothes.

"Is the movie finished?"

"I don't know," Yixing replies. He bites his lip. "I'm too tired to finish it."

"Oh okay," yawns Junmyeon. He pulls the blanket up his neck, eyes heavy and droopy. "I'm off to sleep--"

"Wait," Yixing stumbles and enters the bathroom, head poking out from behind the door. "Give me a minute. I need to show you something."

That sounded suspicious to Junmyeon (come on, Yixing in the bathroom and rushing to change into something and telling Junmyeon to wait because he has to show him something--isn't that suspicious?), but he pries his eyes open as he hears Yixing grumble.

"You almost done?" Junmyeon asks. "My eyes can't take it anymore. I'm about to run out of battery."

That sounded weird too. But that's fine. Junmyeon blames his sleepy brain for making him say odd things like that.

"I'm done," Yixing announces. He drops down on the bed, moving close to Junmyeon, and the latter's heart beat speeds. His Chinese counterpart hands him a frame, and Junmyeon squints.

Oh my god.

"Oh, Yixing," Junmyeon says, because he can't say anything else. He's too speechless.

"Happy Father's Day," Yixing tells him with a bright smile, and Junmyeon swears that his breath just got caught in his throat.

"Oh thank you," Junmyeon breathes, looking at the picture in the frame. He puts it down on his lap and suddenly brings Yixing in a tight hug. "Thank you."

"Are you going to cry?"

"I hope not," Junmyeon laughs softly, and his breath hits Yixing's neck. Yixing returns the hug, but Junmyeon doesn't let go.

"How did you--?"

"I asked one of our staff-noonas to help me develop the picture," Yixing tells him as Junmyeon releases his hold on him. Junmyeon looks at the picture again before putting it on the desk beside him, where the lamp stands. He turns the lamp off and pulls the blanket over them. "But our managers told her to develop everything in the film, so now we have an envelope of photos."

"Sounds good to me," Junmyeon says softly, moving closer to Yixing because he feels so touched. "I'll check it out tomorrow morning."

"Same," Yixing replies, letting Junmyeon cling to his right arm.

"Yixing?" Junmyeon mumbles, yawning.

"Hm?"

"Happy Father's Day."

"Happy Father's Day," Yixing replies, eyes closed and a small smile marked on his lips as he feels Junmyeon's soft breaths hitting his arm.

Junmyeon smells really good.


A/N: I did not expect this chapter to be so long. but yes, i still hope you guys enjoyed it (i enjoyed writing it!)! ^^ week three starts tomorrow for these boys~ thanks so much guys for the subscribes and comments! I totally appreciate them! :D btw, i have no proof reader (i proof read my stuff by myelf ><) so mkstakes are totally guaranteed. sorry guys!