week two: part i

Let's Play House!

Family number One: Chen and Xiumin's family.

"What are we doing on Father's day, appa?" Luhan asks as he strolls into the living room. It's been a day into week two of the game House and they're all, mostly, doing fine within their "families." At two in the afternoon, the sun is shining too ing brightly over their roof, which prevented Luhan from playing soccer (Xiumin told him to play outside when the sun isn't too hot--Luhan thinks he worries too much), and everything is just hot and ugh.

Chen, who's sitting on the couch with Xiumin and his "wife's" feet resting on his lap, looks at Luhan, then at Xiumin, then back at Luhan. "Um."

"You know you want to do something, appa," Luhan says as he sits on the arm rest by Chen. Xiumin blatantly ignores them because he wants to celebrate Father's day too. He tries to hide it but Chen notices that Xiumin is upset anyway and he touches Xiumin's knees to get his attention.

When Xiumin moves his eyes from the television and focuses them on Chen, Chen suddenly realizes that he doesn't know what to say. So they simply stare back at one another, and Luhan clears his throat.

"How about we go to a restaurant, appa?" Luhan asks.

"That would be nice," Chen says, and Xiumin looks back at the television because damn it he really wants to celebrate Father's day too. Come on, celebrating Father's as an eomma is totally different compared to celebrating Father's day as an appa

"Okay," Luhan claps his hand together and stands up from the arm rest. "I'll go search some restaurants up!" And then he leaves just as Baekhyun goes in the room.

"Eomma, I'm going over Chanyeol's place," Baekhyun tells Xiumin.

Xiumin glances behind him, at Baekhyun, and furrows his eyebrows. "What time are you coming home? Don't stay out too late."

"I won't," Baekhyun tells Xiumin. He's about to leave the living room when he hears Chen say, "Be back by dinner time." Baekhyun stops. "When's dinner time, appa?"

"Just be back by six," Chen tells him.

Baekhyun glances at the clock on the wall. Four hours? "Uh, that's--okay. Okay, I'll be back by six."

"Have fun," Xiumin yells as Baekhyun exits the house. He sighs silently and watches the show in front of them. Chen watches Xiumin through the corners of his eyes. The older has a tiny frown on his face, and his gaze is hard on the television. Chen pats his knee again.

"I'll be the eomma on that day, if you want," Chen tells him. Xiumin snaps his gaze away from the television and stares at Chen.

"It's, I mean," Xiumin continues to stutter, because he doesn't want Chen to feel bad, but he really wants to be an appa on Father's day, and just, "why can't we be both appas on that day?"

Chen blinks. And then he smiles. "Sounds great to me."


Family number Two: Kris and Zitao's family.

"Kris," Zitao calls from the front door. Kris is busy cleaning their car, and Zitao worries that he might get sunburned or get a heatstroke under this extreme heat. Before Kris could reply, they see Baekhyun walking past and they both greet him.

"Hey guys," Baekhyun greets, stopping a couple of feet away from the car and Kris. "Cleaning the car, I see."

"Yup," Kris nods, scrubbing the top of the car with a wet sponge. "You heading off somewhere?"

"Just over at Chanyeol's place," Baekhyun replies. "Chen wants me to be back home by six, so I should get going."

Kris laughs. It seems like Baekhyun's trying to maximize his time with Chanyeol. "Okay, I'll see you later then."

Baekhyun waves at the two before resuming his short journey towards the third house. Zitao calls Kris again. "Kris, are you almost finished?"

"Sort of," Kris replies. The sun feels good, actually, but he doesn't say it to Zitao because he finds that he likes it when Zitao worries about him.

"You better hurry up before you get a heatstroke," Zitao tells him. He walks over to Kris, a cool bottle of water in hand, and gives it to him.

"Thanks," Kris says as he dries his wet hands on his shorts. Kris is wearing another wife beater today and an old pair of shorts. Zitao, on the other hand, is wearing a white V-neck shirt and a pair of not-so-new but not-so-old shorts. Kris chugs down half of the water in the bottle and lets out a satisfied, "Ah." Like the ones you see in the commercials.

In fact, Kris looks like he's filming for a CF right now.

Zitao erases that thought from his mind. "Do you need help?"

"It's fine," Kris tells him. He sets the water bottle down on the hot pavement. "Unless you want to help," he adds.

Zitao's scared that he might just stare openly at Kris (What the , Zitao, he thinks to himself) if he helped out, so he merely says, "Oh. Well, just call me if you need anything."

"Alright," Kris says and picks up the sponge again. Zitao watches for an extra second before heading back inside the house, where he finds Sehun and Kyungsoo sitting on top of the staircase that led to their bedrooms and .

"What are you two doing?" Zitao asks as he leaves the front door slightly open.

"We're planning," Kyungsoo answers.

Zitao scrunches his eyebrows. "What for?"

"Father's day," Sehun replies.

"Wha--when is it?" Their "eomma's" eyes are wide as he looks at the two, and Kyungsoo smiles.

"Don't worry eomma. We didn't miss it," Zitao slightly relaxes and leans back on his heels, "It's this Sunday."

For a moment, Zitao forgets that he's the "eomma" and he fantasizes of what Kyungsoo and Sehun would give him on that day. A nice greeting, maybe a card, or maybe shoes, or maybe a dinner out. But then he remembers Kris and Kris is the appa and then Zitao deflates with a sigh.

He's not completely eommanized yet.

"What's wrong, eomma?" Sehun asks. Zitao just sighs. Did Kyungsoo and Sehun totally forget that he was a male? Maybe. Or perhaps they're just ignoring the fact that he is a male.

"I don't know what we should do for, Kris," Zitao says instead. Because he really doesn't know. He should just use one of his ideas from his Father's Day fantasy earlier.

"Let's go eat out!" Kyungsoo suggests. "I heard of this really cool restaurant downtown," he continues.

"That sounds nice," Zitao tells them.

"Don't tell appa though," Sehun says to him.

Kyungsoo nods in agreement. "It's a surprise."

Zitao chuckles a bit, his mood lifting. His "sons" are so cute at times like these. "Okay, I promise I won't tell appa," he says.

Kyungsoo waves him over and Zitao goes up the stairs to meet the two. Kyungsoo raises his pinky. "Korean promise," he tells Zitao as he intertwines his pinky with his and touches the pads of their thumbs together.

"Promise," Zitao repeats.

He'll just give Kris a card.


Family number Three: Yixing and Junmyeon's family.

"Junmyeon ah," Baekhyun smiles and Junmyeon greets him with a glare.

"Where's your respect?"

"Ugh, fine." Baekhyun crosses his arms. "Aunt."

"You little--"

"Baekhyun~!" Chanyeol sings and practically glomps the smaller guy.

"If Chen was here," Yixing was saying as he shook his head, laughing, "he'd be pistachio." He flips through the television.

"Pistachio?" Baekhyun echoes in confusion.

"You won't get it, Baekhyunnie," Junmyeon says sweetly. But then the little singer ing laughs because he does get it. Junmyeon gapes at Baekhyun. "Wait, you actually get it?"

"Yeah," laughs Baekhyun. "Chanyeol told me about it a week ago."

"Can't this family have their own inside joke?" Junmyeon asks with a sigh and Chanyeol smiles apologetically at his "eomma."

"Don't worry, eomma. I'll think of something hilarious for this family," Chanyeol promises and pulls Baekhyun up the stairs.

"Try not to kill each other," Junmyeon calls after them. He hears a shout of agreement and a click of the door, and then he hears laughter after a few moments.

"Hey eomma, appa," Jongin greets as he jumps on the vacant couch next to the couch that Yixing and Junmyeon are occupying.

"Jonginnie," Junmyeon says. Yixing simply smiles at their "son."

"No plans today?"

"Maybe later," Jongin says with a shrug. Aw, Junmyeon thinks, Jonginnie is so adorable. "I'll probably play some video games with the hyungs upstairs."

"Well, you can watch some shows with us if you want," Yixing tells him. "To kill some time."

"You guys don't do anything, do you?" Jongin laughs. Junmyeon and Yixing glance each other and shrug. They don't. The television blasts with commercials, since the current show is on break, and they watch the colorful advertisements switch from one to another.

"Father's Day Sale at--"

"Oh, right," Jongin snaps his fingers. He looks at Yixing. "Appa, what do you want for Father's Day? Hyung and I are planning to get you something, but we don't know what."

Yixing blinks. "Uh--"

"Hey, I'm a male too," Junmyeon interrupts, looking hard at Jongin.

"Yeah, but you're eomma," Jongin says.

"Can't I be appa on that day too?" Junmyeon whines. ing ist of a son.

Jongin laughs and doesn't answer the question. "So, appa--"

"Jongin," Junmyeon cuts in again. "I want to be appa too."

"I'm fine if you want to switch roles--" Yixing starts to say, but Jongin immediately says, "No, please don't."

"Eh? Why? You don't want me to be your appa?!" Junmyeon exclaims.

"I love how our family is already," Jongin pouts. "You're an awesome eomma and Yixing is an awesome appa."

That shuts Junmyeon up. But he still wants to be greeted a "Happy Father's Day" on that day. Yixing briefly looks at Junmyeon before putting all his attention on his "son."

"So what do you want, appa?"

"Um, I really don't know." Yixing rubs the back of his neck. "A card's fine."

"Appa, you're too humble," Jongin teases. "You know what, I think a fancy dinner would be nice. Or maybe a day out with the family. What do you think?"

"I think that it'll be very nice, Jongin. Thank you."

"Great," Jongin fist pumps and jumps up from the couch. "I'll tell hyung about it now."

Junmyeon lets out a sigh once Jongin leaves the living room and Yixing starts to devise a plan for Junmyeon. After all, even if Junmyeon is the "eomma" of the family, he still deserves the title too, right?


A/N: oh goodness, the Florida trip is getting nearer and I'm really hoping, wishing, that I can bring my damn laptop with me. ugh. anywho, THANK YOU GUYS FOR THE SUBSCRIBES AND COMMENTS! <3 The story's finally on week two :-) thank you very much guys! I hope that you all enjoy the story! Hopefully, this chapter wasn't too boring haha ^^