week one: part v

Let's Play House!

Family number One: Chen and Xiumin's family.

"Here's your coffee, Chen," Xiumin says with a smile and glint in his eye. Chen, surprised at the kind action, misses the mischievousness shining in his "wife's" eyes.

"Oh, thanks," Chen says.

"No problem," Xiumin says as he sits himself beside Chen. He watches through the corners of his eyes as Chen sips his coffee slowly. His "husband" suddenly starts coughing and he puts the cup down. "Oh my god," Xiumin hears himself say although he feels pretty dang successful in the inside, "what's wrong?"

Chen coughs for another moment before he replies. His voice sounds scratchy. "The coffee--it tastes horrible."

"Really?" Xiumin asks in disbelief. "Did I put too much sugar in it?" he asks, voice pitched high. Oh he sounds so good; he should be an actor. "Oh god, I'm sorry Chen." Feel guilty already, Xiumin thinks.

"No, no--it's not even sweet," Chen says, shaking his head. He looks at Xiumin, who bites his lip worriedly, and Chen swallows. He puts the cup to his lips again and sip. "But it's okay. Really, you don't need to worry about it." And then he takes small sips, trying to let the bitter and salty substance go down his throat as Xiumin nods. Chen really tries to finish the coffee.

"So what happened last night?" Xiumin asks him, secretly loving how the coffee was making Chen cringe every time he sipped. "With Baekhyun?"

"I couldn't see," Chen says and Xiumin notices that Chen is wearing his glasses again, "so I couldn't tell what was happening. I think his window was open though." His stomach feels like it's rejecting the coffee that Xiumin gave him. "And he was singing."

"I know that Luhan was talking to Sehun. His window was open too," Xiumin says, grabbing a loaf of bread and spreading peanut butter on it. "Maybe Baekhyun was talking to Sehun too . . ."

"We'll have to talk to Sehunnie later about it," Chen mutters as he, accidentally, sips a lot. He starts to cough again. Xiumin reaches over and pats his back.

"You sure I didn't put too much sugar?" Xiumin asks. When Chen shakes his head and coughs out, "It's not even sweet," Xiumin wanted to yell, Of course not I put damn salt in it!

But he doesn't. In fact, he'll never let Chen know about this. "Wait, you said Baekhyun was singing?"

"Yeah, I can't remember what he was singing though. My mind was completely muggy," Chen says, rubbing his head.

"It's okay. I'll ask them about it later," Xiumin tells him as he bites off his bread.

Chen later leaves a small pool of coffee at the bottom of the cup, realizing that it was the saltiest part of the damned coffee.


Family number Two: Kris and Zitao's family.

"Here's your coffee, Kris," Zitao says as he places the coffee in front of Kris. He disappears into the kitchen to finish up whatever the hell he was making for breakfast (Zitao made sure that he was the one who's preparing their meal). The house is silent, since their "kids" are still asleep.

"Thanks," yells Kris from the dining room. Zitao replies with a blunt, "Mm!" and then Kris blows on his coffee before taking a sip.

Holy . "Oh my god," Kris hisses as he puts the cup down. Zitao has a good taste, he admits that, but what the happened here? "Oh my god, that was horrible," Kris mutters. It tastes so gross, so yuck and ew and just--he needs water.

Zitao walks back in the dining room, a plate of bacon (Zitao smiles because he thinks of Baekhyun) and eggs in his hand. He catches the disgusted look on Kris's face and immediately knows why, but he pretends he doesn't. Zitao pouts a little. "Oh, you don't like bacon and eggs? I made a handful too . . ."

"It's not that. It's just--what is this?" Kris asks, gesturing to his cup of coffee.

Zitao clandestinely rejoices inside, but he stares blankly at the cup of coffee. "Uh, coffee?"

"No. No it's not," Kris shakes his head, placing the cup under his nose so he can smell it. "What does it smell like?"

"Coffee?"

"No. No, it does not smell like coffee." Kris pushes the cup towards his lips. "Come on, Zitao," Kris says in English and Zitao swears that his heart did not flutter, "Taste it."

"But I already did," Zitao tells him, putting a little hurt in his voice. Kris instantly pulls the cup back down on the table. "It tasted perfectly fine to me . . ."

"Eh, really?" Kris asks, eyebrows raised. Zitao nods earnestly as he sits down next to Kris. "Are you sick?" He suddenly leans over without any warning and presses his hand on Zitao's forhead, then he moves it down to his neck after a few seconds.Zitao feels his heart race--just a tiny little bit. "You feel normal."

Zitao opens his mouth to say something, but he doesn't know what to say, so he just sits there with his mouth open and his eyes staring at Kris. When he regains his composure he sends a glare at Kris and elbows him. "I'm not sick. The coffee tastes good, and you will drink it." Zitao grabs a loaf of bread (he didn't feel like making rice so early in the morning, and there was no leftover rice from yesterday either) and puts bacon and eggs on it. "And you will also eat this breakfast I made for you guys." What a demanding "eomma."

Kris swallows dryly because he wants water right now and his throat is so dry and, "Zitao, I need water. My lips feel dry and my throat is--"

"You get it," Zitao snaps. "Just don't forget to finish your coffee."

Kris grumbles but gets up to grab a bottle of water from the refrigerator. He returns to the dining room with a half-empty water bottle and Zitao strikes up a conversation.

"I wonder why the boys aren't awake yet. Didn't they head to bed earlier than us?" Zitao asks Kris curiously as he sits back down beside Zitao.

"Yeah, they did," Kris answers after he clears his throat. He grabs a loaf of bread and puts bacon and eggs on it as well. "I bet they pulled an all-nighter."

"Those brats," Zitao mutters. "I told them to sleep early. I'll just ask them about it later."

Kris nods, grabbing the cup and completely forgetting that it tastes gross so he drinks it and instantly spits it out.

"You're cleaning that, appa," Kris hears Zitao order him over his coughing.


Family number Three: Yixing and Junmyeon's family.

"The boys aren't awake yet?" Junmyeon asks Yixing as he places a cup of coffee in front of his "husband."

"Apparently," Yixing replies, silently thanking his "wife" for the coffee. Junmyeon goes back into the kitchen to serve breakfast and Yixing tastes his coffee. He spits it out and coughs, covering his mouth with his hand. Holy , that was horrible. That was horrible. He hastily grabs a paper towel from the paper towel roll (Junmyeon insisted that they need that; he didn't want any mess) and wipes his mouth and hands.

"Should I wake the boys up?" Junmyeon asks, pretending to act normally when all he wants to do is to laugh and guffaw at Yixing's reaction. He slides his gaze towards Yixing and his "husband" smiles. "What's up? Did you spill coffee or something? Or is it too hot for you to handle?" Junmyeon jokes. Oh god, Junmyeon thinks, it sounds like something Chanyeol would sayOr Jongin.

Yixing coughs awkwardly at the joke (Cute, Junmyeon thinks), but he shakes his head. "The coffee. It, um."

"What?"

"It tastes weird."

"Really?" Junmyeon asks. Yixing is acting so adorably shy it's not even funny. He sits beside his "husband" and hands him a plate of pancakes (Xiumin suggested this yesterday). "How does it taste like? I'm sure I put the right amount of sugar . . ."

"Well, it tastes . . . disgusting," Yixing slowly says. "Bitter and salty. Not even sweet."

"What, really?" Junmyeon asks. He hopes he's not overdoing his acting. Damn it, maybe he should've practiced his lines last night.

"It's okay though," Yixing says, smiling. "It's bearable."

I should've put more salt, Junmyeon thinks. But he smiles back and forks his pancakes after drowning them in syrup and butter.  Junmyeon suddenly looks up at Yixing, who is currently testing the coffee again. "Before I forget, did you hear any noise last night? I feel like I heard something last night."

"I did," Yixing says as he puts a decent amount of butter and syrup on his pancakes (Junmyeon suddenly feels like a pig next to him, but the feeling slips away as soon as it surfaced. Food is food after all), "I think I was using the bathroom when I heard the front door open. I checked the living room and the boys were still down there, watching the television. I told them to go to sleep."

"No wonder why those two aren't awake yet," Junmyeon grumbles. He eats his syrup-drenched pancake and savors the taste in his mouth for about fifteen seconds before he eats more. Yixing smiles a little as he watches Junmyeon through the corner of his eyes. He reaches for a paper towel and hands it to him.

"Here," Yixing offers and Junmyeon gladly takes it.

"I'm going to talk to the boys about sleeping earlier," Junmyeon tells Yixing, his eyebrows furrowed. Yixing simply smiles.


At Kris and Zitao's house.

"Kris, Zitao, open up!" Xiumin yells, banging on the door with his fist. Chen holds onto Xiumin's shoulders, trying to pull him back. Even though it was only the twelve of them who inhabit the whole neighborhood, Chen still feels the need to keep his "wife" in place.

"Xiumin, what if they're still asleep?" Chen tries to reason.

"Well, we were asleep when Sehun decided to stop by last night," Xiumin tells Chen, and Chen can't help but agree. Xiumin continues to knock loudly on the door. Chen sees Yixing walk out of the house with a garbage bag in hand, and he waves.

"Morning Yixing," Chen greets just as he hears Kris saying, "We're coming, Xiumin, damn."

"Morning," Yixing greets back with a wave. He puts his hands on his hips and tilts his head questioningly. "What in the world is Xiumin doing?"

"He thinks Sehun came over last night, so," Chen shrugs just as Kris opens the door.

"Oh," Yixing replies, and then he waves at Kris before jogging back inside the house. He's probably going to tell Junmyeon.

"What did Sehun do last night?" Kris asks, eyebrows furrowed and arms crossed. He stands, more like hovers, over the two and Zitao pushes him aside with his hip.

"Here, come in guys," Zitao says. The two enter the house, following Zitao into the living room with Kris behind them like a creep. "You guys want anything to drink?" Zitao asks as he situates the two into a love seat and Kris and himself in a couch.

"Nah, it's fine," Xiumin says, shaking his head, "We just had breakfast."

"So did we," Zitao says with a chuckle. The "eommas" exchange shrewd looks. "So," he says as Kris clears his throat (his throat must still feel dry due to the salt), "what brings you guys over here?"

"What brought your son over our place last night?" Xiumin asks suspiciously.

Kris raises his eyebrows. Zitao looks taken aback. "Excuse me?"

"Yeah, that's right," Xiumin says, nodding, "Your son came over our place last night. I really wouldn't have cared but it just disturbed my and Chen's sleep."

"Which of the two are you talking about?" Zitao asks. There is no way that it could have been his "sons." His "sons" are crazy, yeah, but they're not troublemakers (for all Zitao and Kris knew). It was more likely that it was Chanyeol or Jongin who came over their house last night.

"Sehun."

"That can't be," Kris immediately defends.

"Yeah, well," Xiumin shrugs. He was one hundred percent sure that it was Sehun who disturbed them last night. He saw the look on Luhan's face. He usually only shows that much emotions around Sehun. Seriously. Those two are connected by the hip.

"Sehun's not like that," Zitao remarks, unconsciously the back of his front teeth, "nor is Kyungsoo."

"I don't think Kyungsoo had any business with Luhan or Baekhyun. Well, maybe Baekhyun, but really, I think it's Sehun," Xiumin says.

"Wait, you're not even sure that it was our son?" Zitao asks.

Xiumin opens and closes his mouth but no words come out. He looks to Chen for rescue, and Chen pats his knee in reassurance.

"Why don't we just ask the boys what actually happened last night?" Chen suggests.

"Hellooo, guys!" Junmyeon sings as he pushes the front door open, Yixing trailing behind him in a hurry.

"I told you to knock first," Yixing was saying.

"But the door was still open, so it wasn't locked," Junmyeon states and greets the other four again. He jumps in the vacant couch opposite from Xiumin and Chen, Yixing sitting beside him and apologizing for Junmyeon's mannerisms. Junmyeon tries to pinch Yixing's thigh again but Yixing merely catches his hand in his and doesn't let go.

Junmyeon ignores the stares they got from the other members and he asks, "What's happening, guys?"

"Oh, just talking about how Sehun rendezvoused with Luhan and Baekhyun last night," Xiumin says.

"He did not," Zitao emphasizes.

"Okay, whoa, stop it right there," Junmyeon says, putting his free hand out. "Something happened last night?"

"That's what Xiumin's saying," Kris answers.

Junmyeon turns to Yixing, other hand still held in Yixing's hands. "Do you think Chanyeol and Jongin are involved in this?"

"I don't think so," Yixing replies.

"Yes," both Kris and Zitao reply. Because it sure as hell isn't one of their kids who would go out so late at night to meet up with their friends. The situation practically spells Park Chanyeol or Kim Jongin or both.

"Nothing was stolen though, right?" Junmyeon asks worriedly. Yixing squeezes his hand.

"No, it's just--"

Junmyeon sighs loudly. "Then I don't know what the heck you guys are worrying about!"

"This is why Chanyeol and Jongin act the way they do," Zitao exhales. Kris lets out a couple of chuckles and wraps an arm around Zitao's shoulders. Xiumen and Chen watch, in fascination, at the physical interactions that the other four are displaying with their "other halves." They move, almost simultaneously, closer to each other, their knees, and then their thighs touching. But it seems like that's as far as they could go.

"We'll just ask the kids later," Chen tells them. "Hopefully, they'll tell the truth."

"Yeah, I mean . . ." Xiumin trails off, not knowing what to say.

"Should we punish them?" Junmyeon wonders aloud. Yixing blinks. Well, well, well. He didn't expect Junmyeon to be like that. That's interesting.

"I don't know," Zitao says uncertainly. He turns to Kris, who also seems to be thinking deeply about it, "Should we?"

"I think it depends," Yixing tells the group, "whether or not what they did was worth punishing them for."

Chen grins at Junmyeon. "Yixing totally contradicts you, you know. I think he keeps you grounded," he laughs.

"Shut up. It's the other way around," Junmyeon says, sticking his tongue out, and Yixing begins to laugh as well. The others start to join in, and Junmyeon gradually allows a smile to appear on his lips. There's nothing wrong with Yixing keeping him grounded.


Author's crap: Guys, thank you so very much for the subscribes and comments! I love you all so much! Week two of this story will be starting soon (; and woop woop, there'll be father's day problems! Along with whatever's going to happen next chapter! Thanks so very much guys, you don't know how happy you guys make me! <3 Thank you so very much!!