week three: part iv

Let's Play House!

The next day, the EXO members are surprised to see their managers and other staff in the hotel lobby to meet them. They were advised earlier this morning (through disturbing phone calls) to wear their swimming trunks. Their managers lead them out of the hotel, back onto the beach, where the sun is shining too brightly and the sand is scorching hot.

"Hyung," Jongin slings his arm around Kyungsoo's shoulders, "did you put sunblock on?"

"Did you?" Kyungsoo asks, noticing the teasing tone. "And of course I did."

"It's so hot," Chanyeol complains to Baekhyun as the older accidentally kicks some sand onto the taller's shins. "You did that on purpose!"

"It was an accident."

"Minseok ah," Chen says, grabbing Xiumin's hand. Even though Xiumin can easily flick him off, he doesn't, and Chen thinks that it's a good progress in their "marriage."

"What?" Xiumin asks, a little annoyed.

"Nothing," Chen smiles cheekily. "I just wanted to say your name."

"Oh my god, Jongdae, will you shut the--" Xiumin stops, remembering that they're not in their hotel room anymore, and makes a face. "Just, no. It's weird."

"Well, aren't you guys getting close," Luhan teases from behind them, lightly slapping Minseok's . Sehun smirks at them.

"A working progress," Chen agrees.

"I'm hungry," Zitao hugs his stomach.

Kris pauses in eating his granola bar, and then he hands it to Zitao. "Here, have mine."

Zitao looks up at Kris in surprise. "You sure?" When Kris nods, pushing the half-eaten granola bar into Zitao's hands, the younger grins adorably at Kris.

The cameramen start filming as soon as their managers started talking. Some clouds are thankfully blocking the sun while the EXO members shift around to form their families.

"Second day of our trip," the Korean manager says with a big smile, "and it's going to be fun. Trust me."

"First thing we're going to do, just for fun, is to see who the iest eomma is," says the Chinese manager.

ert, Zitao thinks while he steps closer to Kris.

"Wah, who thought of this?" Chanyeol asks, eyes wide.

"The fans actually suggested it. We saw from the comments," the Korean manager answers. "They had very, uh, interesting suggestions."

"Very creative," the Chinese manager agrees. "Anyway, all the eommas need to do is, uh, seduce the other members into voting for them. Or you know, something like that."

"Can I pass, please?" Junmyeon asks nervously. He doesn't have a fiber of y in his body. None.

"It's one of the most popular demands," the Korean manager says, smiling apologetically, "it's either that or make you guys play the pocky game. In our opinion, the pocky game is too common, so."

"I'm going to lose," Junmyeon announces.

Jongin slings an arm around his shoulders and Chanyeol ruffles his hair.

"Eomma, don't be so negative."

"Jongin's right, we'll root for you, right XingXing appa?"

Yixing just nods, because wow, Junmyeon--y? Maybe he won't be able to sleep next to Junmyeon anymore. The other EXO members raise their eyebrows and exclaim a little at the cute nickname.

"Even if you don't win," Chen tells Xiumin, and the camera focuses on them, "You'll be the iest eomma in our household. Since you're the only eomma in our household anyway."

"Someone just take him away from me please," Xiumin sighs, covering his (blushing) face.

"You'll do good," Kris tells Zitao with a half-smile and Zitao just smiles back, because he doesn't really care who the iest eomma is. (Just a little.)

"iest eomma gets the point for this challenge," the Chinese manager says. "So do your best eommas."

"Are we doing it now?" Junmyeon asks in horror. He can't think of anything y on the top of his head.

"We'll give the three of you fifteen minutes to prepare. And it's just you three, okay? The other members can't see until you show it to the camera," the Korean manager says.


Seventeen minutes later, the camerman focuses on Xiumin, Zitao, and Junmyeon as they move towards the center with a mixture of bashed yet set expressions on their faces.

"You three ready? Who's going first?" the Korean manager asks. He looks over at the speakers that a staff-noona has with her. "You know what music they're using?"

The staff-noona nods her head, waving the tiny ipod in the air.

"Okay, we'll all sit back and watch," the Chinese manager says. 

"Oldest goes first," Zitao says, pushing Xiumin. He's just trying to delay dancing in front of the guys. (Really, this is crazy.)

"Good luck," Junmyeon tells him, squeezing his shoulder as he steps back. Xiumin gives a short, nervous laugh and then the music suddenly goes on.

It was some American R&B, something with a seductive feel to it. All Xiumin had to do was add some y moves and, hopefully, get the guys to vote for him. Surely, his family will vote for him. Surely.

He lets the music play out for a bit, trying to get his body to feel the music, and when the bass lets out another deep sound, he moves his hips. He tries to put a y facade on, he really does, but when Chen watches him with a weird gaze, Xiumin just can't help but feel embarrassed. On the other hand, Luhan and Baekhyun cheer for him, clapping and screaming at the top of their lungs--almost drowning out the music--and then he stops just as the music stops, bowing quickly and rushing to the side, where the other two eommas shift uncomfortably.

"Well, that was . . ." the Korean manager trails off, not knowing what to say.

"y, very y," the Chinese manager claps his hands and gestures for Junmyeon to move into the spotlight.

Junmyeon rubs his hands on his swimming trunks, eyes looking at the managers. "Must I really do this?"

"Just do it, eomma!" Chanyeol says, already bouncing on his heels (Baekhyun thinks he's a little too eager to see Junmyeon do his y thing, whatever the hell he's doing).

Jongin whispers to Yixing, "Appa, do something. I feel like eomma's not gonna do it."

"Oh, uh," Yixing suddenly says after Jongin moves away, "do your best, Myeonnie eomma!"

Another burst of exclamations from the other familes ("XingXing appa and Myeonnie eomma?!"), and then Junmyeon gulps and nods to the staff-noona.

"Oh they're giving each other moral support," the Korean manager comments, nodding his head.

"It's a crucial thing in a family," the Chinese manager agrees. "Strong family."

"Should I play the music?" the staff-noona asks from behind the cameraman. When Junmyeon nods, the music plays. It's American pop, and he quickly moves his body to the beat, keeping an appropriate expression on. He doesn't look at Yixing, fearing what he could possibly see, and he hears Chanyeol and Jongin hooting.

Chanyeol cups his hands around his lips and shouts encouragements. "Go eomma! Do that thing with your hips again!" Jongin helps shout embarrassing things like that too. Only Yixing claps his hands and resists the urge to tell his "sons" to shut up and don't make him do that again in front of everyone else.

The music ends and Junmyeon risks a glance towards Yixing's direction, catching the focused look in his eyes. Normally, Yixing doesn't look like that. He always looked dazed, perhaps daydreaming. It's only a handful of times that Junmyeon had seen Yixing look focused.

Zitao comes up next, music already playing. The rest of the members soon realize that even the way he walks is part of his choreography. Kris is proud of him, and yes he thinks he's y (he's not being biased okay). Kyungsoo and Sehun cheer for him, clapping their hands, although they're not as loud as the other families.

Like the other eommas, Zitao uses an American song with a lewd feel to it. He moves his hands on his body, at the same time sensually moving his hips. It goes on for a couple of seconds and he avoids looking at Kris. It's hard to look at his "partner" doing these things. What if he does look at Kris while doing this and Kris would think that he has a thing for him, huh?

He ends his show with a bow and darts towards the other embarrassed eommas. Their managers and the other members give the eommas a round of applause.

"That was eye-opening," comments the Chinese manager.

"I think this should've been a challenge to see who the cutest eomma is," the Korean managers says while rubbing his head.

"Zitao would've definitely won that," Junmyeon says. "Right Kris?" he asks teasingly. Kris just laughs ( you Junmyeon).

"To vote, all you need to do is write in this piece of paper," the Chinese manager says while he hands out slips of paper to the members. He gives Chen a pen and tells him to pass it around after he puts in his vote.

"Vote for eomma and I'll cook you anything you want," Kyungsoo announces, looking around the EXO members.

"Shut up, Kyungsoo. That's bribery," Baekhyun says.

"Appa, you should be the one bribing them," Chanyeol whispers to Yixing. He likes his appa's cooking better, to be honest. He glances at Jongin, who kept on glancing at Kyungsoo, and he nudges his side. "And you, little dancer, ought to vote for eomma."

"Hey, it's my choice," Jongin says.

"Don't you even dare," Chanyeol whispers.

Three minutes later, they hand the slips of paper to their managers and then the managers are counting who voted for who.

"Xiumin has three votes, Junmyeon has two votes and Zitao has three votes," the Korean manager says. "This last vote will make or break you guys."

The Chinese manager unfolds the slip of paper slowly. Then, he exclaims and shouts, "Zitao! Zitao's the winner! Panda Wu gets the point again!"

The Panda Wu family cheers and high five one another, exclaiming something about winning the trip, and Chanyeol glares at Jongin who smiles innocently at him.

"You'll find out who voted for who in the future," the Korean manager says.

"Or never," the Chinese manager adds.

"So let's carry on with the challenges. Your next challenge is this," the Korean manager says, gesturing to the boxes near the staffs, "we borrowed these boxes from some of the vendors over here and told them that you'll sell as much as you all can in three hours."

"What's in it?" Yixing asks carefully.

The Chinese manager smiles. "It's for you guys to figure out. If your family sells everything, then your family will receive three points."

"How much boxes per family?" Xiumin asks.

"Two," the Korean manager says. Two staff-hyungs carry the boxes towards the families, placing the boxes by them. "You guys ready?"

"This feels disorganized," Kyungsoo mutters to no one in particular.

"Let's start!" the Chinese manager exclaims, clapping his hands.

Cheng Dynasty immediately help one another to carry the two boxes by their handles, putting distance between themselves and the other families.

"Ah, what should we do?" Luhan sighs. "We don't even know what we're selling."

"We just need to walk around and sell these things," Baekhyun says.

"Sounds simple," Chen murmurs. "But, first we need to know what's inside these boxes."

"Agree," Xiumin exhales while they all stop, already near the pavement. They all surround the boxes and quickly lift up the lids.

"Souvenirs," Baekhyun says while they quickly go through the contents of the boxes. "Only foreigners would be interested in these things."

"Does that mean we need to speak in English?" Luhan asks.

"No, let's just," Xiumin pushes himself up from the ground and the other put the lids back on. "Let's walk around and just ask people if they want souvenirs."

"Let's try that," Chen says.

The Panda Wu and Pistachio families both check what they're selling first, and the Panda Wu family leaves the beach before the Pistachio family, heading in the same direction that the Cheng Dynasty used.

"They'll definitely have competition over there," Junmyeon says, while the closed the boxes. "Let's start here at the beach."

"Understood," Jongin says and hauls the box with Chanyeol. Yixing and Junmyeon carry the other box as they look around for possible customers.

"This is going to be hard," Chanyeol says, "no one likes souvenirs. They're either too expensive or very tacky--on a lot of occassions, it's both."

"We need to attract customers," Yixing tells them, eyes still searching.

"How are we going to do that?" Jongin asks.

"We'll think of something," Junmyeon says. "For now, let's just walk around and find some customers."

"Appa," Kyungsoo hurriedly says, pushing Kris in front of them, "I think that's an American right there. Go talk to them in English. I'm sure they'd want to buy some souvenirs!"

Kris nods, ignoring his nervousness (for the sake of his family's success), and he goes up to the American lady with the blonde hair. "Excuse me," he says with a disarming smile, "are you interested in souvenirs?"

"Yes," the lady answers in surprise, totally enarmored in Kris's looks, "I am."

"Good," exhales Kris, shoulders losing the tension. "My, uh," he looks at his family, and wonders if he should call him his "family" (would it weird the lady out?) something else--like group mates or team mates. But then he just says, "My family and I are selling souvenirs. We're helping some vendors out."

The lady blinks, thinking that Kris is too young to have a family (but then she thinks that perhaps Kris is older than how he looks) and follows him. She's surprised to see a group of three good-looking guys standing around some boxes. Man, she should've had her friends with her.

Maybe these guys are his siblings, although they kind of have distinct features that say they're not related. Or maybe she's imagining things. After all, she can't really distinguish the Asian races very well.

"Here, here," Kyungsoo says with a warm smile, lifting the box lid up. "We have necklaces and k-keychens, and things like that."

"That's cool," the lady says, suddenly noticing the cameramen around them. Wow, they're so good-looking that she hardly noticed the camera following them around. "Can I look at some of them?"

"Yeah, yeah," Kyungsoo says, crouching down as the lady crouches down.

"We have, uh, other many things here too," Zitao says, pointing to the box by his feet. "You want to look?"

"Oh sure," the lady says, nodding her head. "If I see you guys later again, I'll definitely bring my friends with me."

"Really?" Kris chuckles and the lady smiles up at him (Zitao couldn't really get what the girl said but he can surely say that she is flirting with Kris). "Thank you. We hope to see you again then."

"Ah, I'll get this," she says to Kyungsoo, pulling out a keychain that has some Korean writings. "How much?"

"Um," Kyungsoo gently takes the keychain in his hands and turns it around, looking for the tiny price tag that should be stuck there.

"Foh hundred won," Sehun says cutely (Zitao wanted to pinch his cheeks ughbdfjhksdj), the emotionless expression on his face. 

"Oh four hundred? Oh okay," she says, fumbling with her purse and she pulls out the correct amount of bills. She hands them to Kyungsoo and takes the keychain. "Thank you," she tells them.

"Thank you for buying," Kyungsoo happily says back. 

Well, that's one customer.


A/N: thanks so much for the subscribes and comments guys! srsly :) hopefully this chapter isn't a let down xD i mayormaynot start a new story just because they're exploding in my head so yeah :) thanks so much guys! ^_^