week two: part iii

Let's Play House!

8:47 A.M.; at the mall.

Yixing meets Kris at the Starbuck's cafe located in the front of the mall. Kris also has a cameraman following him, so wearing disguises (which they both decided to do earlier on) is futile. Kris seems a bit distracted, although Yixing doesn't ask because he assumes that it's about the gift he's going to get Zitao, but he's all smiley and whatnot. Maybe something good happened?

"You want some?" Yixing asks as soon as Kris sits down across from him. He mixes the contents of his chilled coffee. "I'll pay. By the way, Chen and Xiumin are coming along."

"Oh?" Kris murmurs. He puts his elbows on the table. "What are those two doing for the Father's Day?" He looks at the coffee trapped in Yixing's hands. Inwardly, Kris shudders. He can still taste the bitter and salty "coffee" that Zitao made for him a week ago. "I'm fine, thanks." Kris thinks that he can't stand coffee anymore.

"They're both dads on that day," Yixing replies. He shrugs. "You sure? This one's yummy."

"I've got bad experience with coffee," Kris tells him while making a face.

"I did too," Yixing says, a grimace on his face. "Last week. It tasted horrible."

"Same," Kris laughs. "Zitao made it for me, and it tasted terrible."

"He'll kill you once he hears that," Yixing chuckles.

"I think he already knew that it tasted horrible, so he made me drink all of it," Kris says.

Yixing laughs some more. "That sounds like Zitao to me."


Family number One: Chen and Xiumin, otherwise known as: Xiuchen.

"Luhan, if you're going to play soccer outside," Xiumin says as he stares ahead with his phone pressed on his right ear, "put some damn sunblock on."

"But it's sticky! And when I sweat--"

"It's for your own benefit, not mine," Xiumin cuts in. He hears Luhan sigh on the other line.

"Fine," he finally agrees.

"Tell Baekhyun--"

"Baekhyunnie! Eomma wants to talk to you!"  Luhan suddenly screams.

"I'm going to go deaf," Xiumin tells Chen with a pout. Chen chuckles.

"Eomma, hi," Baekhyun greets, sounding like he's chewing on something.

"If you're going to Chanyeol's place--and I have a feeling that you will--just remember to be home by dinner time."

Baekhyun sounds embarrassed when he answers. "Oh, sure, yeah. Where are you guys going anyway? Luhan told me that you guys are going on a date."

"A date?" Xiumin asks, eyebrows raised. He clears his throat. "No, actually, we're just going to the mall. We'll be back soon--"

"Eomma, why didn't you tell me you were going to the mall?" Baekhyun asks. Xiumin can practically hear his pout through his words. "I want to come along."

"Because," Xiumin says, "it's something important."

"So you guys really are on a date," Baekhyun teases. Xiumin feels his cheeks and neck flush faintly.

"Shut up. We're not," Xiumin says. "Just remember what I told you guys--"

"Don't be so rough on Chen--I mean, appa," Baekhyun interjects, chuckling. "You get it? Don't be so rough on him?" Baekhyun starts to laugh to himself and Xiumin blushes even harder. A dirty joke. ing Baekhyun.

"You hang out with Chanyeol too much," Xiumin says. Chen doesn't interfere with the conversation even though he really wants to.

"I know," Baekhyun happily replies.

"I should forbid you from hanging out with him," Xiumin says--and Baekhyun has a hard time figuring out whether his "eomma" is serious or not. Chen tries to contain his weird relief (Why am I relieved? Chen thinks).

"I hope you're kidding," Baekhyun replies.

Xiumin just laughs like the crazy "eomma" he is, and says, "We'll be home soon. Don't do anything to disturb our neighbors."

"Got it, eomma," Baekhyun says. He hangs up first and Xiumin sighs, putting his phone back in his pocket.

"What did he say?" Chen asks.

"Who? Luhan or Baekhyun?"

"Baekhyun," Chen clarifies.

"Oh, just stuff," Xiumin says, looking out of the window. Don't be so rough on him. you Baekhyun.

"About Chanyeol?"

"Kind of," Xiumin replies.


9:19 A.M.; at the mall.

"Took you guys long enough," Kris tells Chen and Xiumin jokingly. While he and Yixing were waiting for the two, they went around the mall, trying to figure out what their "wives" would want.

They still don't know what to get them.

"I'm hoping to get home before lunch," Yixing tells them. He smiles cheekily. "I don't want to be suspicious."

"You always look suspicious," Chen jokes and Yixing lightly hits him in the shoulder.

"So, what should we do?" Kris asks.

"What should you guys do," Xiumin corrects him. They all start walking, Xiumin and Chen walking close together.

"I really don't know what Junmyeon wants. Should I just switch roles with him?" Yixing asks. "Or . . . buy him cake? What?"

"We don't know Yixing, he's your wife. Or husband, whatever," Chen tells him. Yixing rubs his face. "But we can give you suggestions. We're here to help, after all."

"I think that I'll get Zitao a panda bear," Kris was saying to Xiumin as Chen and Yixing were conversing.

"A panda bear?" Chen exclaims.

"Don't judge," Yixing lightly punches him in the shoulder again.

"I think it's cute," Xiumin says, nodding. "But that's more on, like, dating. Not very Father's-Day-like."

Kris sighs, his shoulder sagging. "Should I cook for him?"

"How about a mug?" Chen suggests, because he secretly wants one.

"Chen, that's lame," Xiumin shoots. And, ow, that hurts Chen's heart.

"Oh," Chen says. Yixing and Kris snicker. Chen pouts at the two of them. They're so mean to him.

"Cakes are nice," Xiumin says as they pass a cake store inside the mall. "And delicious."

"If I get a cake, I'll have to buy it on that day though, right?" Yixing asks, furrowing his eyebrows. He thinks that Junmyeon would like cakes. He seems like the type of guy to be interested in cakes. That's what Yixing tells himself anyway.

"Or you can order it and get it delivered at your house," Chen says.

"I'll be out the whole day, I think. Jongin and Chanyeol are planning to take us somewhere. That's what Jongin told me yesterday," Yixing explains.

Kris sighs. He doesn't know what his "family" is doing for him on Father's Day. Perhaps they forgot about that day.

"Luhan and Baekhyun are taking us out for dinner to celebrate Father's Day," Chen says and Xiumin smiles.

"Yup. They're so annoying sometimes, but so sweet," Xiumin remarks.

"How about you, Kris? What are you guys doing on Father's Day?" Yixing asks.

"I don't know. Maybe they forgot," Kris says, shrugging.

"I don't believe that," Xiumin immediately tells him. "They're probably planning something right at this moment."

Kris smiles a little bit. He hopes. "So what else can we give the two?"

"Greeting cards," Xiumin lifts his fingers as he lists, "shoes, clothes, picture frames, colognes, money . . ."

Yixing suddenly beams. "I know what to get him now," he says, smiling brightly as if a light went off in his head.

"I should get him shoes," Kris says, looking around. Zitao said something about his shoes being worn out. "And cake."

"Mine's a surprise," Yixing says. If they didn't know Yixing, they would say that he's giggling in delight, but they do, and Yixing is just super happy.

"Shall we look for the gifts?" Xiumin asks. He checks his watch. "We have some time to kill."

The other three guys shout in agreement.


A/N: THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR THE SUBSCRIBES AND COMMENTS! Waw, almost 200 subscribes? cries cries khjfnuiskjksdj i love you guys so much no amount of gifs or pictures or words can describe srsly i'm spazzing so hard right now ;A; i love you guys for real <3 I hope you guys enjoyed the story! augh, i sound like a broken record, but rlly, i love you guys you are awesome srsly. <3<3<3 P.S. Next update might take a while (who knows) because I'll be gone for Florida tomorrow. i love you guys rlly, so much, srsly. <3