week three: part ii

Let's Play House!

Family number One: Chen and Xiumin's family.

"Let's just pick colors," Chen is saying as they enter another highway.

"But that's so lame," Xiumin says.

"I agree with eomma," Luhan joins from the back.

"Come on guys. It's better than nothing," Baekhyun says, always on Chen's side of the argument. "How about the No Swimsuits Family?"

"I'm sure the other families don't have swimsuits either," Luhan points out.

"And we're going to buy some swim suits when we get there," Xiumin reminds him.

"Well, the color can be our plan B. So what color? The Yellow FamilyRed Family?"

"Chen, just stop," Xiumin covers his face, hiding his smile. It's so lame, but he finds it unreasonably cute.

"I think we should just be the Orange Family because, appa, your name sounds like orange in Chinese," Luhan says.

"Oh my god," Baekhyun laughs, clapping his hands like a seal. Xiumin laughs as well and Chen shrugs.

"Fine with me. The Cheng Family?" 

"Maybe we should be called the Cheng Dynasty," Xiumin thoughtfully. "It sounds fancier."

"I cannot with you people," Baekhyun shakes his head, still laughing.

"Well, Cheng Dynasty is plan B. What's plan A?" Luhan asks.

Chen swerves to the right and Xiumin hits his head on the window.

"Damn it, Chen," Xiumin mutters as he fixes himself in his seat.

"Can't it be something catchy?" Baekhyun asks, crossing his arms. He wants their family to have the best family name out of the EXO families (he's assuming that they're coming to Eurwangni beach too); so it has to be very catchy.

"Baekhyunnie's right," Luhan agrees. "We need something catchy."

"Isn't it already catchy?" Chen asks. "Listen to me say it. Maybe you guys will change your minds," he says, because many people had told him that he pronounces things very nicely so, "We are the Cheng Dynasty."

The three are silent, but they burst out laughing as Chen raises his eyebrows.

"What?"

"Okay, fine, fine. Cheng Dynasty is plan A.5," Xiumin says.

"A.5?" Chen repeats in confusion as he slows down. He hopes that there isn't any traffic, but since it's summer, and they're heading towards the beach--traffic is inevitable.

"Yeah, like, it's point five higher than plan B. You understand?" Xiumin says, smiling at Chen.

"Your mind is unique," Chen simply comments. 

"But seriously," Luhan interjects, playing with the zipper on his bag, "what should our name be?"

"What about CXLB? You know, for acronyms of our names," Baekhyun suggests.

"That's lame too," Xiumin says.

"Everything is lame to you, eomma," Baekhyun sighs, running his fingers through his hair in mock annoyance

"Not everything," Xiumin defends himself.

"Let's just go with Cheng Dynasty," Chen insists. The other three suspect that he only wants this family name because his name sounds like it. "It's cool."

Baekhyun and Luhan snort when they exchange glances, but Xiumin rolls his eyes. "Okay, fine."

The two in the back stop snorting.

"But eomma!"

"Eomaaaa!"

Baekhyun leans over and grabs the back of Chen's seat. "Can't we think of something better?" he asks.

"Cheng Dynasty is better," Chen replies.

"But appa," Luhan whines.

"Alright, fine fine," Xiumin momentarily puts his hands over his ears until they noise dies down. He looks at Chen with finality, and Chen sighs loudly. "Let's think of something better."

Luhan and Baekhyun grin at each other.


Family number Two: Kris and Zitao's family.

"Swag Family," Sehun says.

"What? No."

Kris goes into an exit and is met with mild traffic. "Damn." He checks the GPS again. They still have a few hundred miles to go. And traffic is holding them up (sort of).

"How about The Foreigners?" Sehun suggests, looking from Kyungsoo to Zitao.

"Huh? Why?" Kyungsoo asks. 

"Well, we're Korean. And they're Chinese," Sehun gestures towards Kris and Zitao.

"That's just . . . no. No, Sehun, no," Kyungsoo shakes his head.

Sehun crosses his arms and pouts a little. "It's not fair how I'm the only one who's thinking of names, and you guys all just refuse it."

"Can't we be called the Wu family because Kris is our appa?" Kyungsoo asks.

"But we all know that eomma doesn't want to be the feminine one in the marriage, even though he clearly is," Sehun replies.

"I'm right here, you know," Zitao says, because he feels like his "sons" don't understand that he can hear and see them. "And I'm not feminine. I can totally beat your skinny in no time."

"That doesn't mean you're not feminine, eomma," Kyungsoo says.

"I like the sound of the Wu family," Kris states as he switches lanes.

"But doesn't it remind you of that Disney movie?" Sehun asks.

"What movie?" Kyungsoo tilts his head in question.

"This movie that had kung fu and homecoming," Sehun says, shrugging. "I can't remember the name of the movie, but I remember the girl's name. Wendy Wu."

"Ah," Kris clucks his tongue and nods his head. "That girl that learned kung fu."

"Okay, we're getting out of topic here," Kyungsoo announces, clapping his hands to catch their attentions. Zitao just sighs and bites his lip, deep in his thoughts.

"How about Hungry Wolves?" Sehun asks, grinning at his hyung.

"No way," Kyungsoo says, furrowing his eyebrows.

Sehun sighs loudly. "Then what? My efforts are wasted because of you guys."

"I still go for the Wu family," Kris says.

"You just like it because your name is in it," Zitao points out with a huff. Kris smiles, because it's true.

"Hyung, you can rap right?" Sehun suddenly asks.

"Um, a little?" Kyungsoo replies, confused because Sehun just doesn't make sense somtimes. "I mean, I can beatbox better, but you know."

"We should be the Rapping Family," Sehun says, eyes wide and eager.

Zitao actually laughs too much that his stomach started hurting. Sehun sinks in his seat, cheeks a little pink, and he's pouting again.

"Rapping Foreign Family?"

"No."

"Hungry Rapping Foreign Wolves Family? H.R.F.W. family, for short."

"Oh my god, Sehun, no."

"Panda Family?"

Zitao looks at Sehun with furrowed eyebrows. Kris tries not to laugh and instead reaches over and pats Zitao's knee. He switches lanes again.

"Oh I know!" Sehun abruptly sits up and Kyungsoo jumps a little in his seat while their "parents" glance at Sehun.

"I hope it isn't something--" Kyungsoo begins to say, but Sehun cuts him off.

"Panda Wu Family," Sehun states. "Appa's name is in it, but we still have eomma in the name."

"I'm guessing eomma is the Panda part," Kyungsoo chuckles. But he kind of likes the name. It's cute.

"I can't believe you Se--"

"We should use that," Kris says, and Zitao glares at him.

"But--"

"Majority rule, eomma," Kyungsoo teases, leaning over to squeeze Zitao's shoulder.

"Fine, fine," Zitao sighs. "You guys owe me though."

"Don't worry, eomma," Sehun says, thumbs up, "we'll buy you anything you want."

"And eomma," Kyungsoo adds with a bright smile, "Pandas are cute, and you're very cute eomma."

Zitao rolls his eyes but doesn't manage to hide the blush on his cheeks. He'd rather be called manly than cute, thank you.


Family number Three: Yixing and Junmyeon's family.

"Let's be M.I.R.," Chanyeol says as he takes a pizza slice from the pizza box. "Men In Red."

"No, hyung, we already used that when made our team names in the arcade," Jongin says, also taking a pizza slice from the pizza box.

Breakfast wasn't enough for the two, so they asked their "parents" to buy them some food. Yixing and Junmyeon bought them peperoni pizza, meant for seventeen people (so Chanyeol and Jongin won't ask for more food), and they're both on their third slice.

"Since you and appa are good dancers, why don't we just name ourselves The Dancers?" Chanyeol suggests.

"Because, hyung," Jongin reasons. He doesn't want to tell Chanyeol that he's a very clumsy dancer, but Junmyeon voices his thoughts anyway.

"You're not that well of a dancer, Chanyeol," Junmyeon says.

"That hurts," Chanyeol says, covering his chest with his large hands.

"The truth does hurt," Junmyeon says. He smiles at Chanyeol though. "Don't worry, I'll buy you some ice cream later."

"Eomma, can you hurt me too so you can buy me some ice cream?" Jongin asks, chuckling.

"I'll just buy you both ice cream," Junnmyeon says. He looks at Yixing, who's concentrated on driving, and asks, "How long 'till we get there?"

"Two and a half hours," Yixing replies, glancing at him. He enters a highway. "I just hope there won't be traffic."

"And we still need swim suits," Jongin says after swallowing a large bit of pizza.

"Oh my god, you two," Junmyeon sighs, handing them napkins, "here. Wipe your faces and hands."

"Thanks eomma," the two chorus together. They don't wipe anything and merely put the napkins on their laps. Junmyeon rolls his eyes.

"Back to the previous topic," Jongin starts as he watches his hyung drink some soda. "What should our family name be?"

"Pirates of the East," Chanyeol says.

"That sounds cool," Jongin says. "We could wear eye patches."

"Nope, we're not using anything that's outrageous," Junmyeon says. "Right, XingXing appa?"

"Hm? Oh, yeah Myeonnie eomma," Yixing agrees, nodding his head to whatever Junmyeon just said as he files behind a truck. Junmyeon doesn't really get mad when Yixing calls him that, but he does get annoyed (a little) when Chanyeol and Jongin call him that.

"The Masters," Chanyeol says a minute later.

"Masters at what?" Junmyeon asks.

"The masters in general," Chanyeol replies with a shrug. Jongin laughs.

"That doesn't sound like a family name to me," Junmyeon says, shaking his head. He rubs the side of his face. "I can't think of a name."

"What if we just use the traditional way? Where the appa's last name is dominates the eomma's?" Jongin suggests.

"That's too boring," Chanyeol waves his hand dismissively.

"If you haven't forgotten, I am also an appa--I just don't have the title," Junmyeon huffs with his arms crossed.

Yixing just glances at the rearview mirror.

"Bad Boys," is what Chanyeol says next.

Jongin raises his eyebrows, because it sounds great to him.

"Chanyeol, just stop with those weird names," Junmyeon pleads, smiling into his hands.

Yixing laughs. "That's cute."

"Oh no," Junmyeon puts his face in his hands, "Chanyeol has a weird definition for insult, and XingXing appa has a weird definition for cute."

"You're so dramatic eomma," Jongin teases, poking the back of Junmyeon's neck.

"How about Dramatic Family?" Chanyeol asks.

"Too simple," Jongin says. He fishes another pizza slice from the box. "Oh what about the Pistachio Family? After all, it's just us who knows the joke."

"And Baekhyun," Junmyeon and Chanyeol add at the same time.

"We should be called The Jokers Family," Yixing says.

"True!" Jongin bites off his pizza. "Because hyung, appa and I joke very well. I don't know about eomma though," he teases.

"Oh shut up," Junmyeon says. He can joke and be funny. He just chooses not to. He doesn't like the name anyway.

"Well, I really like Bad BoysPistachio Family, and The Jokers Family," Jongin says. "Should we vote?"

"We should just be the Ape Family," Junmyeon sighs. He likes adding "family" at the end, because the name sounds more like a family name than just a title. Yixing snorts but smiles at him.

"If we pick Bad Boys then we need a theme," Jongin says. "A very bad boy theme." He wags his eyebrows, a thing he learned from his beloved "eomma."

"Let's just do Pistachio Family," Junmyeon says. He doesn't want to end up with Bad Boys or The Jokers Family. Nope, not at all.

"What do you think, appa?" Chanyeol asks, closing the pizza box so he can look at Yixing. Well, the back of his head.

"I think that it should be our family name," Yixing replies.

"I hope you're not saying that just because you're siding with eomma," Jongin says.

"Well, it's partially that," Yixing says as he goes down the highway, "but I really like the name."

"Then we're the Pistachio Family then," Chanyeol announces. Jongin grins before drinking some soda. Minutes later, Jongin requests to stop by at a gas station so he could pee.


Eurwangni Beach; 11:32 A.M.

Cheng Dynasty arrives at the hot beach first, Pistachio Family second, and then Panda Wu Family afterwards. They all greet each other eagerly, none of them wearing swim suits because none of them have swim suits (except for the Panda Wu Family, but they're not wearing their swim suits).

"You guys bought swim suits on the way?" Luhan asks Sehun as they walk close together, along with the others.

Sehun nods. "Eomma didn't want us to buy from these shops."

Luhan laughs. "That definitely sounds like aunty to me. Eomma told us that we'll buy swim suits around here."

Sehun smiles and fixes the lopsided hat on Luhan's hair. "Hyung, how was your car trip here?"

"Hard. We had to pick our family name." He makes a face.

Sehun pouts. "Same. They rejected everything I threw at them."

"Aw, poor Sehunnie," Luhan cooes, wrapping an arm around Sehun's waist. He coaxes the younger's head to lay on his shoulder. "It's okay. Hyung will never reject anything you throw at him."

Sehun just smiles because his hyung is so adorable and just.

"I see you with your swimsuit, Baek," Chanyeol says, keeping his strides small so that he and Baekhyun can be at the same pace.

"How can you even see it?" Baekhyun asks, looking up at Chanyeol. Chanyeol grins and zips his bag closed. The older one sticks his tongue out. "Tall giant, peeking through my bag."

"Actually, your bag was open for everyone taller than you to see," Chanyeol jokes. Baekhyun hits him on the shoulder.

"I cannot."

"Can't what? Can't live without me?" He gets smack in the chin.

"You know I can do hapkido, right?" Baekhyun huffs, trying to walk ahead of Chanyeol, but the giant just kept on walking beside him (and Baekhyun let him).

"Hyung," Jongin sings, wrapping his arm around Kyungsoo's shoulders. "I want your cookies and cream ice cream."

"I don't have anything to make you with right now, Jonginnie," Kyungsoo replies, their heads accidentally bumping one another.

"When we get back home, can you make me some then?" he asks, doing his best impression of the puppy-eyed look.

Kyungsoo pushes his hand against Jongin's face, chuckling. "Of course, Jonginnie. I can treat you for some ice cream later, if you want."

"I do want," Jongin replies, brushing Kyungsoo's hand away from his face. He glances down at the bag in Kyungsoo's hands. "You have sunblock, hyung?"

"Yup."

"Oh hyung, your skin is so sensitive," Jongin says, pinching Kyungsoo's cheek with his other hand.

"Stop pinching my cheeks," Kyungsoo says as he slaps Jongin's hands from his face.

"Promise me that you'll make me food when we get home."

"I do that anyway even without the promise," Kyungsoo reminds him as he flicks Jongin's forehead. Damn the height difference.

When they reach their managers, who are both chilling underneath the cool shadows of their big beach umbrellas, the EXO members bow once again and greet their managers.

"Long time no see, guys," the Korean manager says.

"We'll start by congratulating you all, because this program has reached interest all over the world," the Chinese manager says. They all clap for a couple of seconds, before the Korean managers announces something.

"In the three days here, you guys will be competing against one another. Hence the family names I asked you to come up with."

"Winner gets to receive, drum roll," the Chinese manager says lamely, "gift cards! And a whole day trip that you choose from this list," he shows them a tiny list, "and we pay for it."

The EXO members clap their hands enthusiastically because damn they love gift cards (only when it pertains to their interests though) and they love trips.

"We reserved rooms for you guys at the hotel nearby," the Korean manager adds. "We'll start three this afternoon. I know you all don't have swim suits yet, so we'll give you the time to buy some and get settled in your rooms."

"Please reveal your family names later," the Chinese manager says, handing the hotel keys to the "appas."

"Enjoy your stay," the Korean manager yells after them.


A/N: oh whoa ok, thanks so much guys for the subscrives and comments! <3 I mean whoa i just cannot right now over 300 subs? i know it's probably not much but whoa guys thank you very much i rlly cannot right now. AND THE EXO DRAMA VER. i cried because exo ok <3 did you guy enjoy the MV? and to anyone who checked out and/or followed me on tumblr thank you very much! ^^ (again no proof read) hopefully you guys liked the names :-)