week three: part i

Let's Play House!

Family number One: Chen and Xiumin's family.

A persistent knocking on their front door got Chen and Xiumin groggily moving out of their bed, hairs messed up and eyes bloodshot. Xiumin follows Chen down the stairs, the persistent knocking still ongoing. It only stops when Chen is a couple of feet from the door.

"Who could it be at this time?" Xiumin mutters, noticing the sunlight slipping through their windows. It can't be later than eight in the morning.

"It's probably someone from Yixing's family," Chen guesses as he pulls the door open.

But it isn't.

Only a small envelope greets them on their doorstep, no sign of people whatsoever. Chen bends down and takes it in his hand, Xiumin peering over his shoulder as Chen looks around to make sure that there isn't anyone at all on their property. He closes the door softly and Xiumin leans back on his heels.

"What is it?"

"I don't know." Chen turns the envelope around and over, checking for any signs, and then Xiumin grabs it out of his hands and (almost) presses his face against the white envelope.

"I think it's from our manager."

"Eh? He could've just called us," Chen says, not believing Xiumin. He takes the envelope again.

"Open it then," Xiumin says. He should start preparing their breakfast, since he knows that he won't be able to go back to sleep, but he stands and waits while Chen carefully rips the side of the envelope.

Chen reads the words on the paper, and then he looks at Xiumin. "Manager-hyung wants us to have a family name."

"You're kidding, right?" Xiumin asks, eyebrows raised and lips ready to smile and guffaw.

"Nope," replies Chen, popping the p, "he says that we have to meet them at Eurwangni Beach by noon, and we need to pack three days worth of clothes. We need swim suits too."

"Oh my god," Xiumin takes the paper from Chen and then reads it. "Oh my god," he breathes again. "What--but--swim suits?"

"I'll prepare breakfast, you wake the kids," Chen tells him, an eager grin gracing his lips, urging Xiumin towards the stairs. "We'll talk about the rest of the details during breakfast."

Xiumin just nods, because he doesn't understand anything right now, even if it's Korean. He moves up the stairs, nearly tripping up three steps, but he makes it on the second floor without much difficulties. He knocks on Baekhyun's door first, and when he hears nothing, he pushes the door open.

"Baekhyunnie, wake up," Xiumin calls. Baekhyun grumbles and turns underneath the covers. Xiumin smiles a bit and walks over, sitting down on the edge of the bed. "We're going to the beach."

"Huh?" grunts Baekhyun.

"We're going to Eur--wangni Beach," Xiumin stumbles on his words while Baekhyun pushes the covers off to reveal his face.

"But it's so early," Baekhyun whines, eyes shut yet straining to open. "And I'm tired. Aren't you guys tired from yesterday?"

"We are, Baekhyunnie," Xiumin says as he scoots closer to the younger. He pats Baekhyun's stomach. "It's not our plan though. Our manager-hyung told us to do this. We have to be at the beach by noon. And," Xiumin pauses as Baekhyun grumbles again, "we need swim suits."

"Swim suits?" Baekhyun repeats, eyebrows scrunched. He can't remember the last time he swam, and he certainly didn't have time to swim during his trainee and debut days.

"I don't have any with me. Do you?"

"No," Baekhyun grumbles again.

"Appa's making our breakfast. We'll explain more while we eat."

"I want to go back to sleep," he whines again, palms covering his eyes.

"You can go back to sleep in the car," Xiumin tells him. "Now get up. I have to wake up Luhan."

"Fine," sighs Baekhyun. Xiumin leaves the room only when Baekhyun sits up from the bed. The older member doesn't bother to knock on Luhan's room, because he's one hundred percent sure that he's still asleep.

"Luhan?" Xiumin calls, slipping through the opened door.

"Mm?" Luhan mumbles from his bed, covers still wrapped around him.  His eyes are closed. "What is it, eomma?"

"We're going to Eurwangni Beach," he tells him. "We're staying there for three days and we'll need swim suits."

"Mmkay," Luhan mumbles again, burying himself deeper in the bed.

"We have to be there by noon."

"Mmkay."

"So you have to get up now."

Alas, Luhan opens his eyes and blinks at Xiumin. He rubs his face and covers his head with the covers. "Now?"

"Now," Xiumin repeats.

Luhan sighs loudly and kicks off the covers. "But why so early?"

"Because manager-hyung said so," Xiumin replies. He smiles at Luhan. "We can all sleep in the car. After all, Chen's the one who's driving."


Family number Two: Kris and Zitao's family.

"Kris," Zitao murmurs in his ear, eyes still screwed shut, "Kris."

"What?" Kris grumbles, moving around so that his back faced Zitao. He's trying to sleep and Zitao can't stop bugging him.

"Open the door. Someone's knocking," he says. Kris feels a hand on his arm and he exhales, slowly getting up from the warm bed and trying very hard not to glare at Zitao.

He swears that if it was Chanyeol or Jongin knocking on their damn door, he will flip because he's trying to sleep and that's all he wants to do right now. Kris goes down the stairway and considers going back up in their room when the person outside stopped knocking, but he sighs again and pulls the door open.

There's an envelope greeting him from the doorstep and he picks it up. Kris closes the door with his foot as he opens the envelope, wondering who knocked on the door so he can wring their neck. But as he heads back to their room, Kris loses his drowsiness and his eyebrows furrow.

"Zitao," Kris softly wakes him up.

"Mm?" Zitao mumbles, turning as Kris sits on their bed. He blinks his eyes open, squinting. Damn, it's so bright.

"We're going to Eurwangni Beach," he says.

"Aren't you tired?" Zitao asks, a little annoyed. Why would Kris say that when they barely got out of bed?

"Our manager left us a letter," he explains while showing Zitao the paper, "we're staying for three days, and we'll need swim suits."

Zitao props himself on his elbow and peeks at the paper. "Wait, a family name?" Kris nods. "What does that mean?" he asks.

"I don't know."

"Oh my god, this is probably a prank," Zitao says. "I mean, we live next to Chanyeol and Jongin, so we're more prone to pranks than the first house," he reasons.

"But why would they put our manager's name at the bottom?" Kris asks, although what Zitao says is quite reasonable.

"I don't know," Zitao snaps, dropping his head on the pillow, "ask the masterminds."

"I'll wake the kids up," Kris says. "Just go make us some breakfast. We'll talk about it then."

"Fine," sighs Zitao, pushing himself up from the bed and moving out of the room.

Kris smiles to himself and does the same thing, except he heads to Sehun's room first and knocks. "Sehun?" Their youngest "son" doesn't respond so Kris invites himself into the room and he's surprised to see Sehun's leg sticking out from underneath the covers.

"Sehunnie?" Kris calls, walking towards the young member. Sehun shifts; leg going back underneath the covers and head rising from his pillow. Sehun squints.

"Appa?"

"Yes, it's appa," Kris answers as Sehun attempts to untangle himself from the sheets. "You have to wake up. We need to go to Eurwangni Beach."

"Eurwangni? Why?" Sehun asks, running his fingers through his hair.

Kris shrugs. "I don't know, honestly. But we need to hurry. Three days worth of clothes, and swim suits. We have to be there by noon."

"It's so early," Sehun sighs but gets up nonetheless.

"I'm sorry, Sehunnie," Kris says.

"It's fine," he replies, shaking his head. "I'm going to get up soon. You can wake hyung up now," he tells Kris.

"We'll call you down for breakfast when it's ready," Kris says. Sehun just nods and kicks his blankets off.

Kris shuts the door behind him and he moves onto Kyungsoo's room. He knocks on the door and Kyungsoo (surprisingly) replies.

"Yes?" Kris hears Kyungsoo from the inside of the room.

"Are you up?" Kris asks. He hears footsteps and Kyungsoo opens the door, eyes wide but a tad bit drowsy, with a smile.

"That knocking noise woke me up. But then it stopped," Kyungsoo informs him, "and then I tried to go to sleep--but I couldn't."

"It woke Zitao up too," Kris smiles.

"What was it, appa? Did anything happen between our neighbors again?" Kyungsoo asks, remembering the time when everyone just began barging into their home.

"No. In fact," Kris ruffles Kyungsoo's crazy hair (oh he's so adorable), "we're going to Eurwangni Beach."

"Really?" Kyungsoo asks, excited. He claps his hands once. "We're going to a beach? Are you serious?"

"Dead serious," Kris nods, instantly getting affected by Kyungsoo's enthusiasm.

"Just for a day or, what?"

"Three days actually. And you'll need swim suits." 

"Okay, understood," Kyungsoo bobs his head, grinning widely. "I'm so excited! Family trip!"

"After breakfast, we'll start packing and head over because we have to be there by noon," Kris adds as he watches Kyungsoo turn around and open his closet.

"Huh? Why?"

"Our managers sent us a letter," Kris says. "But your eomma thinks that it's just a prank by Chanyeol or Jongin."

Kyungsoo laughs, because it's believable, but he shrugs his shoulders. "I'll start packing now. I don't think it's a prank."

"I don't either, but you know how your eomma is," Kris sighs.


Family number Three: Yixing and Junmyeon's family.

The loud knocking disrupts Chanyeol's perfect making-coffee-for-the-family skills, causing him to spill some of the warm contents on the kitchen counter.

"Oh man, eomma's going to kill me for that," he mutters as he finds a paper towel to wipe the liquid with.

"Hyung," Jongin calls from the living room, "someone's at the door."

"Then go get it, little dancer," Chanyeol barks, because damn it the noise ruined his concentration.

"You're so sour today, hyung," Jongin whines, footsteps pounding on the floor to show his mock irritation at his hyung.

"Whatever, Jonginnie," Chanyeol yells. He hears footsteps coming down the stairs and immediately knows that it's Yixing. "Hey XingXing appa!"

"Don't be so loud, you two," Yixing automatically says, just as Jongin comes running down the hallway. He stops when he sees Yixing.

"Appa." 

"Eomma's still sleeping, so we have to be quiet."

"He gets up late," Chanyeol whines from the kitchen. "That's why the coffee I make for him is so cold when he drinks it, and he has to heat it up."

"Eomma needs a new sleeping habit." Jongin tears at the envelope.

"Appa, what do you guys do before you go to sleep?" Chanyeol asks, teasingly.

Thankfully, Yixing is saved from having to answer that question because Jongin bursts with, "I have a message from manager-hyung!"

"Keep it down," Yixing says again.

"Okay, appa," Jongin lowers his voice, reading the letter. Yixing nods his head thoughtfully as Jongin finishes the letter, but Chanyeol yells from the kitchen once again, asking Jongin to read it louder.

"Just go in the kitchen and read it to him," Yixing sighs. He doesn't understand how these two are so energetic in the mornings. Seriously.

"We're going to Eurwangni Beach?" Chanyeol exclaims, all the sourness from earlier gone as he high fives Jongin.

"And we're staying there for three days," Jongin adds.

"I wonder what we're doing there," Chanyeol says. He finishes cleaning the kitchen counter (Junmyeon has to leave the paper towels in visible areas because it was really hard to find this damn paper towel roll) and hands Jongin a cup of coffee.

"Are you trying to make my teeth yellow because I have a good smile?" Jongin asks, playfully glaring at his hyung. "Maybe even better than yours?"

"No way," Chanyeol replies, smiling. "No matter what you do, I still have the better, amazing smile."

"Do you guys want to wake up eomma?" Yixing asks as he enters the kitchen. "I can prepare some food for us. We'll need to pack soon and--"

"Sure!"

"Definitely!"

The two rush out of the kitchen and up the stairs.

"Don't forget to tell eomma about the trip," Yixing adds while the other two reply with an energetic of course appa.

Chanyeol pushes the door open and Jongin runs into the room, jumping on the bed. Junmyeon groans and Chanyeol tackles Jongin into the bed, crushing Junmyeon even more.

"Oh my god, what are you two doing?" Junmyeon cries, trying to push them off him.

"Eomma, eomma, eomma," Chanyeol chants happily, not stopping until Junmyeon has gotten the covers off his head.

"We're going to Eurwangni beach," Jongin says as he sits himself up on the bed. Chanyeol does the same thing and grins at Junmyeon as their "eomma" rubs his face and sends them tired glares.

"What did you say?"

"We're going to Eurwangni beach."

"And we need family names."

"Oooh, right?" Chanyeol laughs. "We're staying there for three days."

"Who planned this?" Junmyeon asks, ready to lash out at whoever planned this (except for their manager).

"Manager-hyung," the two chorus together.

Never mind, Junmyeon doesn't plan to lash out at the one who planned this. He sighs and kicks them off the bed. "Get out."

"We need to be there by noon, so appa's already making breakfast."

"Get out."

"We need swim suits too."

"Get out. I'm serious."

"Okay, Myeonnie eomma," Chanyeol sings, taking Jongin by his arm and pulling him out of the room. "We'll call you down for breakfast! Oh, and now you can finally drink the coffee I made for you without having to heat it up."

With that, Chanyeol shuts the door and Junmyeon drops back on his beds.

Eurwangni beach. Swim suits. Family name? As of now, Junmyeon is fearing the trip (not really; he's just being dramatic. Eommas can sometimes be dramatic right?).


A/N: hey guys! Sorry if it's a little short! but yeah kdjfnjkkjdk THANKYOUGUYSSOMUCH FOR THE SUBSCRIBES AND COMMENTS srsly i love you all rlly. <3 and tumblr anyone? but anyway thank you guys very much for everything! omg almost 300 subs? crying because rlly you guys are awesome! and do you guys want to help me with family names? >//< thanks a lot guys! (and yet again i have not proof read this)