week four: part i

Let's Play House!

Cheng Dynasty Household

"I'm heading over to Sehun's," Luhan announces, placing a snapback on his head that eerily resembles Chanyeol's favorite snapback.

Chen is still asleep, after being the (harshly-treated) chauffer of the family yesterday, while Xiumin busily cleans the living room. Baekhyun, on the other hand, gives Luhan a once-over. 

"Is that Chanyeol's hat?"

"Maybe," Luhan replies. He sees Baekhyun squint (or is it a glare?) at him and shrugs.

"Well, whatever. That'll teach the idiot a lesson not to be careless," Baekhyun says.

Luhan grins and heads for the door. "I'll be back before dinner!"

"Don't do anything I won't do!" Baekhyun snickers, hearing Luhan slam the door.

"Baekhyun!"

"Yeah?" Baekhyun pivots on his heel and enters the living room. Immediately, he regrets it.

"You're not doing anything today, right? Come help me clean," Xiumin says. "Here, catch." He throws a Lysol spray to Baekhyun, whom catches it with a horrified face.

"I think Sehun and I are hanging out, actually--"

"But Luhan's hanging out with Sehun today," Xiumin points out, shifting his dark shrewd eyes to the younger male.

"Sehun? I meant Tao--Chanyeol, yeah, both of them," Baekhyun says. He nods his head as he walks over to Xiumin to hand back the spray. 

"You do know that they live in separate households, right?"

"I meant Chanyeol. Just Chanyeol. And probably Jongin, too."

Xiumin looks at him, lips pressed together, slowly nodding his head in approval. "Alright then. Be back before dinner. Maybe earlier."

"Sure thing, eomma," Baekhyun sings. He jogs up to his room and closes his door, grabbing his phone before hurriedly leaving his home.


Panda Wu Household

Kyungsoo snaps his head towards the main hallway when he hears knocks on the door. His wide eyes blink curiously as he eases himself off the couch and heads towards the front door.

The knocks continue to echo in their quiet home, and Kyungsoo doesn't bother to look at the peephole because it could only be the other EXO members who would be visiting at a time like this.

"What do you want?" Kyungsoo asks as soon as he opens the door.

Luhan looks at him with an amused grin. "Look who woke up on the wrong side of the bed."

"First of all, no one comes to anyone's home at, like, what time is it? 7 A.M.?"

"Actually, it's 9:30 A.M.," Luhan says.

"Second of all," Kyungsoo continues, "do your parents not care or are they just really nice--because you and Baekhyun are always out and about." His eyes momentarily stare past Luhan.

"Hey hyung!" Baekhyun greets. "And other hyung!" 

"I thought you were staying home," Luhan says as Baekhyun heads over to them.

"Eomma wanted me to help clean. I told him that Chanyeol and I are hanging out. But if they're still asleep, can I please hide here?" Baekhyun directs his question to Kyungsoo.

"Home for the refugees," Kyungsoo murmurs. He waves his hand. "Whatever."

"Thanks, hyung," Baekhyun says. He checks his phone with a sigh. "I wanted to stay home and relax today too."

"I don't think eomma will ever let you relax," jokes Luhan, having had experiences with him in the Chinese dorms.

Baekhyun heaves another deep sigh and slowly trudges to the next house. "Have fun hanging out with Sehunnie." To Kyungsoo, he grins cheekily. "Have fun babysitting."

"Come in," Kyungsoo says, stepping aside. "Should've known you were here for Sehun."

"I'm here for you too," Luhan chuckles.

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes with a smile. "Sure, okay. Sehun's still asleep though. He didn't tell me that you guys were hanging out."

"Actually, I didn't tell him either. It's more like . . . a one-person decision," Luhan says as he follows Kyungsoo into the kitchen. Kyungsoo laughs softly and shakes his head, as if to say wow Luhan.

"Have you eaten breakfast yet? I can prepare you something. Or do you want to wake Sehun up?"

"I already ate. Xiumin made us pancakes again," Luhan informs him. He leans on the kitchen counter as Kyungsoo grabs some juice out of the fridge. "So where do you guys plan on going?"

"Huh?"

"Where are you guys going for that day trip?" Luhan asks while Kyungsoo pours himself some apple juice.

"I don't know. We were listing all the places we wanted to go to on the drive home," Kyungsoo says. "One of them was Japan since it's close, but we may not have a lot of time to explore so we'll just do that some other time--with the whole group."

"Are you guys doing it this week?"

"Probably," Kyungsoo replies. He yawns a little and covers his mouth. "So what are you two up to today?"

"Me and Sehun?" Kyungsoo nods in response. "I saw a park when appa was driving us home, and it's really near. Just a little out of the neighborhood."

"Put sunscreen on," Kyungsoo says. "You guys better take care of your skin or else our managers will get mad."

"We will," Luhan says. "I'm going to wake up Sehunnie now," he announces before heading towards the staircase.

"Have fun," Kyungsoo says.


Pistachio Mafia Household

Baekhyun knocks on the door a few times and nearly knocks on Jongin's chest the next time. He smiles. "Good morning."

"What the heck are you doing here?"

"I'm here to hide in your place while eomma cleans," Baekhyun replies. He raises his eyebrows. "Why, are you guys busy?"

"Not really," Jongin steps aside and easily lets his hyung inside their home. "Chanyeol's busy finding his favorite hat. He's about ready to cry."

Baekhyun tries not to laugh and pulls Jongin close so he can whisper in his ear. "Luhan has it. Don't tell anyone."

Jongin laughs out loud and nods his head, pulling away from Baekhyun. Baekhyun shushes him and clears his throat.

"So where's Chanyeol? Is he upstairs?"

"Yeah, he's upstairs," Jongin says. He heads back into the living room, an SBS program showing on the television. "Junmyeon and Yixing are still sleeping though."

"Ooooh, I wanna see," Baekhyun laughs, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Should I you?" Jongin jokes, poking his head out of the living room and raises his eyebrows mischievously.

"Nah, I'll be good. I'm just going to peek," Baekhyun says with a grin. "Which room is their's?"

"First one to the right," Jongin replies. "Don't be loud."

"I won't," Baekhyun says, continuing his way up the stairs. He creeps towards the first door on the right and puts his hand on doorknob. He looks around until he spots the camera, and he makes a gesture to it with his finger, pressing his index finger on his cheeky smile. He turns the knob and pushes the door open, probing his head into the room.

His hyungs are both  partially covered underneath the white blanket, limbs looking as if they're connected, and faces almost pressed up against one another's. It's weird how such a normal thing now can mean something else because of this program. Baekhyun watches them for a second longer before softly closing the door.

He steps back and accidentally stumbles on a larger being. He yelps and falls backwards, onto the person behind him. He sees familiar hands grab his waist and steadies him.

"What were you doing there, Baek?" Chanyeol asks amusedly, wide eyes looking at him curiously.

"I wanted to see how they slept like," Baekhyun admits. "They're pretty cute."

Chanyeol shrugs his shoulders as they both steady themselves. "What's up?"

"I heard you lost your snapback," Baekhyun says. He pats Chanyeol's shoulder. "Baekhyun-hyung is here to save the day, don't worry."

"I looked everywhere," Chanyeol says seriously, leading Baekhyun into his room. Baekhyun examines the room. It's very messy, as if a tornado hit it, and Baekhyun is tempted to tell him that Luhan found his cap, but he refrains himself from doing so.

"I'm sure it's here somewhere," Baekhyun assures him with a smile. Chanyeol stares at him for a while.

"What?" Baekhyun asks.

"You look like you know something."

Baekhyun rolls his eyes. "I always look like I know something."


Cheng Dynasty Household

"Where are the other two?" Chen asks himself when he gathered enough of his wits and strength to analyze the situation.

Unluckily, Luhan and Baekhyun backed out with helping Xiumin clean the house, and so Chen was the victim (as usual). Chen continues to vacuum the floor, sighing.

"Chen," Xiumin calls. Chen doesn't appear to hear him over the noise of the vacuum cleaner, so he goes to Chen and taps his shoulder. Chen startles and he turns the vacuum off.

"What's up?" he asks.

"I prepared brunch," Xiumin answers. He looks at how Chen was doing in the living room; pretty clean. "Looks good."

"Thanks," Chen smiles. He stretches his arms over his head and yawns loudly. "What'd you make?"

"Just normal stuff," Xiumin replies as they enter the dining room. He sits himself in his typical seat, the one next to Chen's, while Chen exclaims over the food.

"Wah, that looks amazing!" Chen claps his hands, sliding into his seat. "The kids are definitely missing out! Where'd they go anyway?" His stomach growls. "But first--thanks for the food!"

Xiumin says his thanks as well and then answers Chen's question. "Luhan says he's hanging out with Sehun today. Baekhyun just made up some excuse so he won't be stuck cleaning."

"They're always playing the neighbor's kids," Chen comments.

Xiumin nearly chokes on his soup. He coughs in attempt to clear his throat.

Chen looks at him, raising an eyebrow. "Did I say something wrong?"

"No--it's just . . . when you put it that way," Xiumin says, a little flustered. He shakes his head. "Never mind."

"Aww, Minseok-ah is so cute," Chen teases, leaning close to pinch his cheek.

"Stop that, geez," Xiumin says, swatting his hand away. "Just eat so we can finish cleaning."

"Okay, okay," Chen smiles, pulling away and excitedly digging into the food Xiumin made.


Panda Wu Household

"Sehunnie," Luhan cooes, pulling at the blankets.

Sehun merely buries his face into his pillow.

"Wake up, we're going somewhere," Luhan says. "Sehun-ah," he continues. This time, he sits on the edge of the bed and pulls at his ankle. "Wakeupwakeupwakeup."

"Get away," he hears Sehun mumble.

Luhan momentarily blows up his cheeks and then decides to climb on Sehun. Sehun groans when he feels something heavy and Luhan smiles in victory. "Come on, it's going to be fun!"

"I need rest," grumbles Sehun.

"You've had plenty!"

"No, I haven't--get off," Sehun grumbles, trying to push Luhan away. Sehun can't even open his eyes to glare at Luhan. "Seriously, I'm beat. Give me five--"

"Minutes? No way!"

"No, five hours."

Luhan sighs, placing his chin on top of Sehun's head. "That means I'll have to spend five hours on top of you."

Sehun doesn't appear to mind, since he simply nodded and dozed off again.

In the room across Kyungsoo's, Kris slips out of the bed, careful not to wake up Zitao--but does in the end. Zitao rubs his eyes and blinks tiredly.

"What time is it?"

"It's still early. Go back to sleep."

Zitao doesn't argue and goes back to sleep. Kris smiles to himself as he glances over the younger male and  then exits their room. Feeling like a good appa today, Kris decides to check on his other members' rooms to see if they're still sleeping. The house sounds too quiet so the kids are still probably asleep. He checks Kyungsoo's room first and notes that he isn't in the room.

Maybe he's downstairs, Kris thinks. He hears mugs lightly hitting the table downstairs and confirms that, yes, Kyungsoo's downstairs. Sehun's probably not awake. It's still so silent.

As he opens the maknae's door, he's surprised to see one of the other members on top of Sehun. He seems to be sleeping soundly on top of the younger one, and Kris furrows his eyebrows.

"Luhan?"

At his name, Luhan opens an eye and lifts up his left hand in a greeting.

"What are you--"

"I kind of fell asleep on Sehun," he mumbles. Sehun swats his face and tries to move underneath his hyung's body. "He wouldn't wake up," Luhan adds.

"Uh, okay," Kris says awkwardly, and shuts the door behind him. He goes down to the kitchen, where he suspects Kyungsoo to be, and is greeted by a smiling Kyungsoo.

"Morning, appa."

"Do you know that Luhan's upstairs--"

"Yes."

"--sleeping on Sehun?"

"What?"

"Yeah, I don't know," Kris shrugs his shoulders. He rubs his hair tiredly. "What's he doing here anyway?"

"He said that he wanted to hang out with Sehun. Coffee?" Kris nods and takes the mug of coffee Kyungsoo offered to him. "Is eomma still asleep?"

"I told him to go back to sleep. He looks really tired."

"That's sweet of you," Kyungsoo says. He glances at the clock. "The four of us need to have a roundtable discussion about the day trip tonight."

"Okay," Kris mumbles, still half-asleep.


Pistachio Mafia Household

"For the first time since never, eomma is the one who woke up earlier than appa," Jongin teases their leader, who groggily goes down the steps (almost missing the last one).

"You're in a good mood," Junmyeon points out. 

"It's a day to relax; of course I'd be in a good mood," Jongin says with a grin. He brings his feet down from the coffee table and turns his body to face Junmyeon. "What do you want for breakfast? I pulled out some cereals from the cabinets."

"That's not very healthy."

"Fine, cook yourself something healthy," Jongin says, turning back to the television.

"So you already ate breakfast. How about Chanyeol?" Junmyeon asks, heading to the kitchen. Yixing will probably be awake soon, so maybe he should cook some breakfast for two.

"I think he did. I don't know. He's too worried about his snapback."

"Why? What happened?" Junmyeon asks, pulling out a pan and cooking oil.

"He lost his favorite snapback. Baekhyun-hyung's here to help him find it," Jongin informs him.

"Well, I could buy him a new one if he wants it so badly--I mean, I don't mind," Junmyeon says. "Say, what time is it?"

"Almost noon," Jongin replies.

"I should just make lunch," Junmyeon says to himself.

And, really, this is how the rest of their day went; relaxing with little to no interaction with the other members from the other familes (with the exception of Luhan and Baekhyun--very social). Luhan and Sehun end up sleeping for a few more hours, while Baekhyun (accommodated by Junmyeon) ends up promising Chanyeol a new snapback.


a/n: i really apologize for the super late update but thanks so much guys for everything srsly!! i'll try to update faster next time but no promises! btw im working on a xmas taoris/hunhan fic (its crack) C: this isn't proof read per usual
twitter, tumblr, livejournal