week one: part vi

Let's Play House!

Family number One: Luhan and Baekhyun.

Luhan takes in the silence of the house, wondering why on earth the house is so quiet at this time, and he checks his phone for any messages (he only wants to reply to Sehun's messages), but he doesn't receive anything that interests him.

His room, neat and clean, only holds a few ornaments; his twin bed, his desk and chair, his closet, and a mirror. Luhan, however, doesn't mind because he can finally call this room his. He waits for a few seconds to tick by before slipping out of his bed and out of his room. He tip toes towards Baekhyun's room and turns the knob, smiling as he sees Baekhyun's curled form underneath his blanket.

Luhan starts running and jumps on Baekhyun.

"Baekhyunnie!" Luhan says, wrapping an arm around the flailing Baekhyun. He pulls the covers down and is instantly met with an irritated glare. "Good morning."

"I hate you," Baekhyun hisses with a scratchy voice, "Get off of me, Luhan."

"Aw, don't be like that," Luhan pouts and Baekhyun wants nothing but to hit Luhan on the head for waking him up so damn early

"Why are you awake?" Baekhyun grumbles as he squints at outside the window. What is it, five in the morning? "No, why did you wake me up?"

"It's almost ten o'clock, silly," Luhan says as he pats Baekhyun's head. "Do you think eomma and appa are in the house?"

"Yes. No. I don't know," Baekhyun turns away and pushes Luhan off him as he pulls the covers over his head. "I just woke up, and I'm going back to sleep, so can you please--"

"Baekhyunnie," Luhan whines and pulls the cover down again, "wake up already! Do you know what eomma told me last night?" Baekhyun sighs because he doesn't care at the moment and he can't even remember what happened last night. What, did the kitchen catch on fire or something? "He told me that he's going to talk to us about what happened last night today. I mean, I can lie perfectly fine, but I have a feeling you can't."

Oh, so Luhan's in his room right now to criticize his lying skills. Fantabolous. And what happened last night anyway? He really can't remember.

"Dude, I need to sleep," Baekhyun tells him.

"And I don't want to get in trouble," Luhan says. "Last night, Sehun told me that you told Chanyeol to come over, so this is all your fault, Byun Baekhyun."

Riiight. Chanyeol came over last night and disturbed Luhan, who contacted Sehun, and then Chen almost busted Baekhyun. And Baekhyun sang. It's all coming back to him now.

"Oh," Baekhyun says. But he still has no energy to move, whatsoever. "Okay."

"Okay?! That's all you can say?" Luhan exclaims.

"I can't think, okay?" Baekhyun says. "Just let whatever happen, happen."

Luhan huffs and crosses his arms, moving off of his "brother." He doesn't move off the bed though.


Family number Two: Kyungsoo and Sehun.

Sehun hears all the loud commotion, starting from the banging on the door and when Junmyeon breaks into their home. He quietly slips out of his room, after making sure that the "parents" are all loud in the living room, and moves inside Kyungsoo's room. His "brother" is still asleep on the bed, with his back facing Sehun and the blanket covering everything but his face. Sehun carefully makes his way towards Kyungsoo and kneels down on the side of the bed before poking the older one.

"Hyung," Sehun whispers. Kyungsoo jerks awake. Light sleeper, Sehun thinks as Kyungsoo rubs his eyes and stares at Sehun questioningly.

"What are you doing in my room?"

"The other parents are downstairs," Sehun tells him in a whisper. "I think they're talking about last night."

"What?" Kyungsoo asks, eyes wide. "How did they find out about that?"

"Must be because of Xiumin and Chen," Sehuns answers, still in soft whispers. "Chen almost caught Chanyeol last night."

Kyungsoo buries his head in his pillow. "We're all going to die."

"It's not that serious, hyung," Sehun says and pats Kyungsoo's head.

"Then why are you treating it like it was serious?" Kyungsoo lifts his head up from his pillow and glares at Sehun.

"I don't know," Sehun replies as he shrugs. He grins a little. "It's fun."

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes and covers himself with a blanket again. Sehun stands up to go back to his room, but then Kyungsoo suddenly pushes his blanket off him and exhales, "Forget it. I can't go back to sleep. Thanks a lot, Sehun."

"No problem, hyung," Sehun replies over his shoulder and he can swear that Kyungsoo is sending him electrifiying daggers from his eyes.

"Are you going down?"

"Yeah, I'm hungry," says Sehun. He stops by the door and glances at Kyungsoo. "What about you?"

"I think I should too. What time is it anyway?" Kyungsoo asks as he slips his feet in his indoor slippers. Sehun briefly looks down at his barefeet before staring back at Kyungsoo.

"Um, ten-ish?"

"Brunch time," Kyungsoo announces while patting his tummy.


Family number Three: Chanyeol and Jongin.

"Baekhyun just texted me," Chanyeol tells Jongin. Jongin looks over his shoulder as he heats up the pancakes that Junmyeon left for them.

"What did he say?"

"He says that Xiumin and Chen aren't home." And that I'm an idiot, Chanyeol thinks as he texts back. My parents aren't home either. And I'm not an idiot :p Your windows look the same.

"Maybe the parents are out on a triple date?" Jongin suggests. It's not likely, but it was fun to imagine.

"Ask Kyungsoo if his parents are there," Chanyeol tells him. The older one can already see it, Sudden Disappearance of the EXO "eommas" and "appas"! But it's very suspicious of them to be gone at the same time . . .

"Okay," Jongin replies, a bit too happily. He grabs his phone and texts Kyungsoo. Chanyeol shakes his head at Jongin just as their microwave dings. Jongin brings the pancakes over and Chanyeol gets the syrup from the refrigerator (thank goodness Junmyeon bought so much food yesterday). Since their "parents" aren't home, they just ate at the kitchen counter. Moving to the dining room was too much trouble, in their opinion.

"Oh god," Jongin says as he chews his syrup-soaked pancake. "Hyung says that the parents are over at their place right now."

"All of them?"

"I think so," Jongin replies. He cuts up his pancakes and puts more syrup. Chanyeol eyes his breakfast but doesn't say anything.

"This doesn't sound so good," Chanyeol comments. His stomach doesn't feel queasy or anything, but there is definitely a weird feeling in his gut. Maybe he needs to ? Hopefully not.

"Should we go over there?" Jongin asks.

Chanyeol shakes his head. "Nah." 

The two continue to eat their breakfast in silence.


Family number Two: Kris and Zitao's family (with the other parents).

Zitao sees his "kids" enter the kitchen from his vantage point on the couch and he instantly calls them over. "Kyungsoo, Sehun."

"Yes, eomma?" the two reply they don't move closer to them, only leaving the kitchen to stand in the main hallway. The other "eommas" in the room observe how the three treat each other (it seems like they all like to compare their families to one another).

Zitao glances at Kris and touches the hand on his shoulder. "I'm going to give them breakfast," he tells him, and Kris instantly understands that breakfast isn't the only thing that Zitao will give them.

Kris drops his arm from around Zitao's shoulders and nods. "Oh sure."

The other "eommas" deflate at the loss of examining how the "kids" and the "eomma" interacted, but maybe--hopefully--they'll see it sometime soon.

"Where were you two last night?" Zitao immediately asks as Kyungsoo and Sehun situate themselves behind the counter.

"I was in my room the whole time," Kyungsoo answers.

Sehun doesn't answer because he doesn't know what to say. Should he lie? Or should he not? He didn't feel like lying, especially to Zitao, but he didn't know what to do.

Zitao waits for Sehun's answer, and the microwave dings. He occupies himself by putting the plate in front of his "kids" and grabbing the loaf of bread at the end of the kitchen counter. "And what about you, Sehun?"

Sehun mumbles something incoherent, and Zitao has to strain his ears. "Where were you?"

"Just out," Sehun mumbles again, trying to muffle his words by nibbling on a piece of bacon.

Zitao raises his eyebrows and is about to ask again when the front door opens with a bang and they all hear Luhan yelling, "It's all Baekhyun's fault!"

Zitao suddenly feels the need to put more locks on their door.

Kyungsoo rubs his face. "Oh no, oh god, Luhan."

Sehun sighs, although there's a hint of a smile on his face as he sees Luhan swerve towards the living room, Baekhyun being dragged behind him.

"I'll be right back," Zitao tells them and exits the kitchen.

"Should we stay, or should we not?" Kyungsoo wonders aloud. He's hella scared of what Zitao would do once he finds out about the rendezvousing all six of them did last night. His imagination runs so wild at times like this.

"I'm going in there," Sehun says and grabs two big pieces of bacon and a piece of bread, sloppily putting them together and making his bacon sandwich. Kyungsoo sighs and gets himself a bacon and a loaf of bread, putting some scrambled eggs in it just because. He grabs a paper towel (he asked Zitao to buy some for the family yesterday--thank goodness he didn't forget) and wipes his fingers on it. He grabs another one for Sehun.

"It was Baekhyun's idea," Kyungsoo hears Luhan say.

"I knew it wasn't Kyungsoo and Sehun," his "appa" says. Zitao nods in agreement.

"But Chanyeol could've said no," Chen says, being stubborn. He's not letting anyone blame his "kid," even though his older "kid" is blaming Baekhyun.

Luhan rolls his eyes. "You think Chanyeol can resist Baekhyunnie?"

"And Sehunnie can't resist you," Xiumin says, "which is why he went over there last night."

"Just who's side are you on, eomma?" Luhan asks.

Xiumin shrugs. "My side."

"I was scared okay? He was just being my knight in shining armor--"

"Damn it, Chanyeol's going to get it today," Junmyeon was saying to Yixing, and Yixing only smiles and rubs his back comfortingly.

"It's not that serious," Yixing tells him.

"Disobeying us isn't that serious?" Junmyeon asks Yixing in disbelief.

"Well, yes and no. It's not good, yes, but at least he didn't do anything bad," Yixing tells Junmyeon.

Junmyeon rubs his head. "I'm too young to be an eomma, what the heck. And where are those boys? I called them, like, five minutes ago. It doesn't take that long to get here."

"Okay, so I just wanted to talk to Chanyeol, so what," Baekhyun admits as he crosses his arms. "We didn't get to see each other the whole day yesterday and--you guys all know that Chanyeol and I are roommates back at the dorm right?" They all nod, everyone finally silent, "I kind of just got used to him being there so I just told him to come over."

There's silence because no one knew what to say, and then Junmyeon suddenly sighs and sits back, accidentally pulling Yixing with him since the latter has his hand on his back. "Man, I feel so tired. And stupid. Is this really what we're arguing about?"

Zitao laughs, out of blue, and shakes his head. "Oh my god, I'm going crazy." Kris watches his "wife" and has the urge to wrap an arm around his shoulders again.

"It's okay," Kyungsoo tells Zitao. "We all are."

"What did we miss?" Chanyeol asks, Jongin standing beside him.

"Everything," Junmyeon says, looking over his shoulder. "What took you two so long?"

"We ate the pancakes you made for us," Jongin answers. He smiles at Kyungsoo. Kris watches everything like a hawk.

"Thanks for the breakfast, eomma," Chanyeol tells Junmyeon. Junmyeon just sighs.

"I don't even feel like punishing you."

"Oh, you guys found out about it?" Jongin asks. 

Xiumin rubs his head. "I feel like I was in a drama."

"Me too," Chen agrees, wrapping an arm around Xiumin. The older tiredly lays his head on the younger's shoulder with a sigh. Thankfully, their physical interaction didn't feel weird or awkward.

"At least I know that Kyungsoo didn't do anything," Kris exhales. Kyungsoo and Jongin swallow.

Zitao's lips quirk up. "Oh, did you two rendezvous too?"

"Well," Kyungsoo starts and bites off his not-so-sandwich sandwich. "Jongin and I met up last night."

"I climbed through his window," Jongin adds. Chanyeol elbows him and Kyungsoo sends him a glare. "I mean, the tree?"

"Nope, no way out of this one, Jonginnie," Junmyeon laughs, shaking his head. Yixing tries to hide his grin.

Kris sighs and Zitao sits beside him again. The taller puts his head on the back of Zitao's shoulder and exhales. "Man, being an appa is so hard."

"You're telling me," agrees Chen with a chuckle. Yixing could only smile. He doesn't really mind, but maybe it's because Chanyeol and Jongin aren't such a handful like Luhan and Baekhyun, or Kyungsoo and Sehun (in his mind anyway).

"Why don't we all just eat lunch here?" Zitao suggests, allowing Kris to wrap his long arms around his waist.

"That sounds great," sighs Junmyeon, smiling a little.

"Count us in," Xiumin adds. He gets up after patting Chen's knee. "I'll help make some food."

"I'll help too," Junmyeon says. Yixing volunteers to help as well, and so did the other "appas."

"Don't do anything that'll worry us, kids," Kris tells the other half of EXO before following the other "parents" into the kitchen. The "kids" end up watching movies in the living room as they wait for their "parents" to finish preparing their meal.

So far, they don't regret playing "House" with each other.


A/N: yo guys! :D Thank you so much for the comments and subscribing! I'm trying to update everyday because I'll be gone for the whole week next week (unless I manage to work my tiny laptop that I'm going to bring with me), and on top of that I've got summer school whatsos and volunteering to do. like wtf, is this even summer. ANYWAY, thank you very very VERY much guys for everything! <3