week two: part v

Let's Play House!

Family number One: Chen and Xiumin's family.

It's Father's Day today, and Luhan and Baekhyun are busy in the kitchen, making breakfast for their "parents."

"Don't be so loud, Baekhyunnie," Luhan scolds, hitting Baekhyun's hand.

"What are you talking about? You're the one who's loud," Baekhyun responds as he crosses his arms. Stupid Luhan. Just because he's older one between them doesn't mean he gets to boss him around.

"Shh," Luhan says and finishes making the coffee.

"I thought Xiumin's an appa today too," Baekhyun says, glancing at the food Luhan made (Luhan kept on bugging Baekhyun so he just gave up trying to make food).

"Who said that?" Luhan asks, stirring the coffee.

"They told us last night, stupid," Baekhyun says. He grabs another cup of coffee. "I'm going to make Xiumin some coffee, if you don't mind."

"But I do mind," Luhan says, taking the cup from Baekhyun, "I'll make the food."

"You're so controlling," Baekhyun tells him.

"I'm not."

"You are."

"No, I'm not."

"Yes you are."

"Just stop," Luhan sighs, putting some cake on Xiumin's breakfast tray. He ordered the cake last night and demanded that the shop to open by 7 A.M. so he can pick it up. It was supposed to be for the whole family, but Luhan decides to give it to Xiumin. Baekhyun looks at the two trays, including contents that are very different from one another. On Chen's tray, it's the traditional breakfast with rice and meat, while Xiumin's tray involve an array of sweets and desserts.

"How come Xiumin gets sweets and Chen gets the traditional breakfast?" Baekhyun asks curiously. "Isn't that, I don't know, unfair?"

"Trust me, Baek," Luhan tells him with a big smile, "they'll like it." He grabs Chen's tray and gestures Baekhyun to take Xiumin's. "Let's go up and surprise them."

Baekhyun agrees with a grin, following his hyung up the stairs, trying to keep their footsteps light and silent. As they enter the hallway and stop by their "parents'" room, Luhan presses his ear against the door.

"What are you doing?" Baekhyun whispers.

"Just making sure that we're not interrupting anything," Luhan winks and Baekhyun gapes. The older turns the knob and pushes the door open, greeting their "parents" a loud, "Happy Father's Day appas!"

"Happy Father's Day," Baekhyun greets afterwards as they carry the trays to the bed. Chen and Xiumin, buried deep in the bed sheets, move around; stretching and whatnot. Chen pushes the blankets down, and Xiumin pushes himself up from the bed, eyes squinting.

Chen smiles (A morning person, Luhan thinks). "Aw, thanks guys," he laughs while Luhan sets the tray on his lap. Xiumin smiles, rubbing his eyes.

"Thanks guys," he mumbles as Baekhyun sets his tray on his lap. He looks at the contents of his tray, and then at Chen's, and he chuckles. 

"See, I told you they'll like it," Luhan tells Baekhyun as the younger watches the two.

"Do you guys like what we prepared for you?" Baekhyun asks. He doesn't say that he didn't help prepare, because he really tried to help but Luhan was in his way.

"Of course," Chen says, nodding his head. He sips from his coffee to clear his throat.

"It looks delicious," Xiumin tells them, eyes bright. (Yay! He's an appa today!)

"We're glad that you both like it!" Luhan sings. He sits on the edge of the bed and pulls Baekhyun beside him. "So," he says excitedly, "what do you guys want to do today?"

"I don't know," Chen says, eating his meal.

"Well," Xiumin thoughtfully says as he munches on a cake, "there's some chores to do. We can do that first before--"

"Eomma," Luhan rolls his eyes and Xiumin shuts up. "I thought you wanted to be an appa today?"

"I do," Xiumin says, pouting. He puts his lips on the rim of his coffee cup.

"Then put in your appa gear and stop thinking like an eomma," Luhan tells him.

"Who's going to do the laundry? Or clean the house?" Xiumin asks as he continues to cut pieces of his cake. "I can be an appa and still do those things."

"Yeah, hyung," Baekhyun agrees, nodding, "In a guy-guy marriage, there's always that one feminine one, right? I think the right term is uke."

"Oh my god," Luhan says, because he knows what that means and he also knows what seme means, "Baekhyun, stop."

Xiumin runs his fingers through his hair. "I don't know what the heck you guys are talking about, but we're doing the chores today before we leave."

Luhan makes a face. "Ugh, fine, eomma." Xiumin gives him a hard stare. "Alright, appa." Chen laughs and Xiumin smiles. Baekhyun just wants a piece of cake.


Family number Two: Kris and Zitao's family.

Father's Day was on both Kris's and Zitao's minds, which was why they couldn't sleep last night. So when morning came and their "sons" barged in their room like it was nobody's business, Kris and Zitao peeked from underneath their blankets with bloodshot eyes.

"Wow, you guys look horrible," Sehun says as he and Kyungsoo plop down on the edge of their bed.

"Stayed up late, huh?" Kyungsoo teases, smiling at their Chinese "parents."

"Happy Father's Day, appa," Sehun tells Kris, reaching over to pat his shin.

Kyungsoo grins. "Happy Father's Day! We made breakfast for you. We didn't want to wake eomma up since he has a surprise for you later tonight," Zitao's eyes widens, "but yeah, enjoy!"

"A surprise for me--tonight?" Kris asks, looking at Zitao, who is currently staring at Kyungsoo in confusion. Zitao nods his head at Kris, but he doesn't know what surprise he was supposed to give. Seriously, what kind of is Kyungsoo blabbering about? He doesn't remember anything about a surprise--except for the fancy dinner tonight.

Oh my god, is that what Kyungsoo meant? Zitao is paying for them? (He doesn't mind; it's just that no one told him.)

He'll ask Kyungsoo about it later. That aside, Zitao watches, with a smile on his face, as Sehun and Kyungsoo pounce on Kris, tackling him on the bed and rubbing his hair. Zitao, however, still wishes that they could greet him a "Happy Father's Day" even if it's only once. So, yes, Zitao feels a tiny bit upset that they totally ignored his masculinity, but it's okay. So far.

"Zitao and I will be down soon," Kris tells them. Kyungsoo and Sehun grin and high-five each other.

"Okay," Sehun says as he slides off the bed.

"The food is delicious," Kyungsoo tells Kris as he follows Sehun out of the room. "Don't be too long you guys," he adds teasingly and smiles at them.

"Is it me or is Kyungsoo acting a lot like Jongin?" Zitao wonders aloud.

"They influence each other?" Kris laughs. He gets out of the bed and Zitao stretches some more. Kris kneels down on the floor and looks underneath the bed.

Zitao looks over the bed, eyebrows furrowed. "Kris, what are you doing?"

He doesn't reply until he gets what he wants; a paper bag. Kris smiles and jumps on the bed. "Here; happy Father's Day."

Zitao's skin tingles and he takes the paper bag in his cold hands, lips slightly open in surprise. He looks at what's inside the bag; a new pair of shoes and a card.

"Kris," Zitao says, a smile lighting up his face, "come here." He gestures for Kris to move closer. When he does, Zitao engulfs him in a hug, and Kris hugs him back, albeit a little hesitantly because he doesn't understand what's happening.

"Thank you," Zitao murmurs, breath tickling Kris's ear. "Seriously. I thought you forgot about Father's Day."

Kris laughs, because he almost did (but he doesn't say that). "Nah," he says instead as he and Zitao pull away from the hug. "I hope you like your new shoes."

"Adidas?"

Kris tilts his head to the side with a smile. "Did you see this last night?"

Zitao smiles back. "Nope. It was a guess." He pulls the box out to look at his new shoes, and he smiles even wider. "Thank you, Kris." He's really happy; like super duper uber happy--yet he can't seem to put it on his expression. But Kris understands because he pulls him in another brief hug before saying, "Let's go down for breakfast."


Family number Three: Yixing and Junmyeon's family.

"Myeonnie eomma," Chanyeol calls, running up the stairs and barging in his "parents'" room. "Hurry up, we're about to leave you."

"Oh my god, Giraffe hyung, will you please just stop calling me Myeonnie eomma? It makes me sound like a girl," Junmyeon says, running a brush through his hair. It's so early and they're leaving the house already? What kind of summer is this?

"At least you have a cute nickname," Chanyeol pouts and sits on the bed, watching Junmyeon move around the room to make sure he has everything in his backpack. "I can't believe little dancer gave me that nickname."

"And I can't believe that you call him little dancer," Junmyeon says as he moves towards the door. Chanyeol quickly follows.

"But he is," Chanyeol says.

"This is why Jongin calls you Giraffe hyung in his phone," Junmyeon tells him. They reach the bottom of the staircase and Junmyeon looks around. "Where are they?"

"They're already in the car," Chanyeol tells him, walking towards the front door. Junmyeon trails behind him and closes the door behind them. The sun is shining brightly and it hurts his skin so much. He's glad that he brought sun block (for all of them). He gets in the passenger's seat, Jongin excitedly bouncing in his seat while Chanyeol puts on his seatbelt.

"So," Yixing starts as he looks at the three other guys in the car, "where are we heading?"

"Let's eat breakfast first," Junmyeon tells them. "And then we can go wherever you guys want."

"Sounds good to me," Yixing agrees. The other two boys agree as well, and soon they are moving out of the driveway and towards the highway.

"This is the second time we drove in this car, as a family," Junmyeon observes, putting his sunglasses on.

"And this is where I made my pistachio joke," Chanyeol adds, smiling.

"Appa, what do you want to do today?" Jongin asks. Yixing shrugs his shoulders, glancing at the rearview mirror.

"Come on, XingXing appa," Chanyeol says, "don't you want to go to some aquarium or an amusement park?"

"Or a movie at the mall? I want to watch Monter's University," Jongin says.

"We'd attract too much attention," Junmyeon tells them, and the two boys sigh. That's true. They all want to have this fun, private "family" event to happen between them (even though there's a camera filming) just because.

"Let's ask our manager," Chanyeol suggests. "I bet he knows a place. That's why we can't find him sometimes."

Junmyeon covers his mouth with his hand, suppressing his laugh. Jongin snorts and turns away to hide his smile.

"He's going to get you once he hears about that," Jongin says. Junmyeon sometimes thinks that Chanyeol needs a thought and mouth filter.

"I'm sure he'll let it slide," Yixing says, although there's an amused smile on his face as well. "Oh and we're getting our pictures taken later."

"What? Why?" Jongin asks, sitting up. Why hasn't he heard about this?

"It's just for a remembrance," Yixing says.

"Aw, XingXing appa is so cute," Chanyeol teases.

"Shut up, Giraffe hyung," Junmyeon laughs, rolling his eyes. But he does admit that it's quite cute.

"Why are you guys using the names on my phone?" Jongin asks, pouting. "That's not cool, guys."

"You're right," Chanyeol agrees, "it's not cool. It's cute. Well, not including my nickname--I think it's kind of offensive comparing me to an animal--"

"Oh my god, that's not even an insult," Junmyeon says, laughing. "You really have a weird definition of insult, Chanyeol."

Yixing and Jongin laugh, because it's true. Chanyeol merely pouts. "I like to say that I just think differently than others--which makes me unique, thank you."

The other three laugh harder and Chanyeol smiles, just a tiny bit.


A/N: i can't even you guys are amazing srsly love you guys <3 i hope this chapter doesn't disappoint! haha, i guess you guys really liked the XingXing appa nickname (; I liked it too ;) thanks so much for the subrscibes and comments guys! I might not be able to reply as much to the comments since i'm gonna be starting my summer homework ;A; so thankyou thankyouthankyouthankyou and i rlly love you guys <3