week two: part vi

Let's Play House!

Family number One: Chen and Xiumin's family.

"Eomma," Luhan sings, skipping down the hallway. After three hours of chores (damn, he did not know that there was so much things to do in the house), they finally get to wash up and prepare for their outing. He knocks on the door and Xiumin steps outside of the bedroom. "You ready?"

"Yup," Xiumin says. Earlier, he thought that Luhan and Baekhyun are only taking them to dinner tonight, but no--Luhan surprises them by saying, "Wear something semi-sporty, semi-casual. We're going bike riding."

At first, the thought horrified Xiumin because they'll be sweating before their fancy dinner, but as he resumed to ponder over the idea, he thinks that it would be nice to bike ride with the other guys. After all, they haven't done anything like that before.

So they dress up in a "semi-sporty, semi-casual" attire (whatever the hell that means) before leaving the house.

"How far is this place?" Chen asks as he buckles in his seatbelt. Xiumin, on the other hand, is busy fixing his hat on his head and checking his bag to see if they forgot anything.

"Just a little bit over an hour," Baekhyun answers, checking his reflection in his phone's screen.

"Where are we heading anyway?" Xiumin asks, putting his bag by his foot and putting his seatbelt on.

"The mountains," Luhan replies happily.

"What?" Xiumin and Chen ask, eyes both widened.

"I'm kidding, gosh," Luhan says with a pout, "I can't believe that you guys would think that I'll do something like that."

"Well, hyung, you're you," Baekhyun says as if it explains everything--which kind of does.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Luhan asks, crossing his arms. Chen puts the address in the GPS their managers lent them and Baekhyun laughs.

"Are we going to a bike trail or something?" Xiumin guesses, glancing at the GPS and how many miles it'll take them to get there. Wow, 102 miles.  (What the is Baekhyun talking about a little bit over an hour? This is almost two hours!)

"No, we're going to this place. With, like, huge bikes. And we'll have fun," Luhan grins at them as he explains. "They have this really bumpy road where we can use the bikes on! It'll be badass."

"We should play rock music while we're riding," Baekhyun jokes, "Maybe it'll add to the feel."

"Oh my god, it would," Luhan gasps. "I kind of wish the other guys were going with us, but then I kind of don't."

"Hm? Why?" Baekhyun asks, looking at his hyung as Chen drives out of their parkway.

"They'll ruin everything we planned for Father's Day," Luhan replies as he briefly glances at Family number Two's house. The car doesn't appear to be there.

"You have other things planned for us?" Xiumin questions in astonishment. Wow, Luhan and Baekhyun went all out for this day.

"Hyung," Baekhyun whines, slapping Luhan's knee, "why did you tell them that? Now it won't be a surprise anymore!"

"Well, it's just a picnic there with ballons, and maybe some picture-taking--" This time, Baekhyun hits Luhan on the arm and Luhan yelps. "What did you do that for?"

"Hyung, you need a filter," is all Baekhyun says.


Family number Two: Kris and Zitao's family.

"Eomma, you wanted to be an appa today too?" Kyungsoo asks, walking beside Zitao.

Sehun squeezes himself between Kris and Zitao, and says, "Eomma, you should've said so! We could've prepared something for you too."

Zitao feels flustered, his two "sons" are so cute, like seriously, he wouldn't ask for any better boys. They're so adorably sweet, that if he were to eat them up, he'd have cavity (okay, that sounds cheesy and lame, but you get what he means).

"Don't worry boys," Kris's voice booms as he grins at the three of them, "I already gave him a present for today."

"What did you give him, appa?" Kyungsoo asks, linking his arm with Zitao.

"Shoes," Kris says.

"Gucci?" Sehun guesses.

"Adidas," he replies. Sehun grins and gives Kris a high five.

And not to mention, a greeting card, Zitao thinks to himself as he continues to flush.

They were supposed to go to Bukhansan National Park to see what it looked like (they only saw the park from the google images), but when Sehun and Kyungsoo overheard Zitao thanking Kris for the "present upstairs" and Kris smiling that shy but pretty smile, they got curious. 

And their curiousity led them here, to the mall, because they learned that Zitao also wanted to celebrate Father's Day as an appa.

"Well, eomma," Kyungsoo says as they walk around the mall, "if you want gucci, I'll buy it for you."

"Yeah, eomma," Sehun joins, "We'll get you anything you want today. Do you want bubble tea?" he asks as they pass a bubble tea stand.

"I'm fine, thanks," Zitao says, "but is calling me appa too much to ask for?"

"Certainly not," Kyungsoo replies with a smile, "appa."

"But won't we get confused?" Kris asks.

Zitao sighs, "Oh, right."

"You can be Appa Two then!" Sehun claps his hands.

"Appa One and Appa Two," Kyungsoo tries to familiarize the words in his mouth, at least for the rest of the day.

"It's sounds like Thing One and Thing Two," Zitao tells them. When Sehun and Kyungsoo look at him weirdly, he glances at Kris, "from the Cat in the Hat movie?"

"Oh, the one we watched a long time ago?" Kris asks, raising an eyebrow.

"That one, yeah," Zitao nods his head. He faintly feels his hunger, and he checks his watch. It's lunch time. "Do you guys want to eat lunch?"

Sehun eagerly nods his head, speaking for Kris and Kyungsoo, and they all head over to the food court. The place is a tad bit crowded (Guess we're not the only ones spending Father's Day at the mall, Kris thinks), but they find a place to eat, and a place to sit.

"Kris," Zitao calls, pushing him down on the chair, "you stay at the table. I know what you want to order anyway," he grabs Kyungsoo and Sehun by  the elbows, "You two, come with me. I don't know what you want."

"Um, anything with meat and rice is fine with us, eom--Appa Two," Kyungsoo says.

"Are you sure?" Zitao asks, not really liking the sound of Appa Two

"Yes," Kyungsoo quickly answers, grabbing Sehun's hands at the same time Zitao loosens his grip on them. Sehun opens his mouth to say something (because he's a hungry teenager who wants more than meat and rice), but Kyungsoo beats him to it. "Go take Kri--Appa One with you."

"Okay, just call me eomma--I don't care," Zitao says. The switch of names is obviously not working for any of them.

"That's easier. Thanks, eomma," Kyungsoo says. Zitao drops his hands to his sides. "But seriously, take appa with you." He thinks of a reasonable excuse. "Because you'll need someone to help you with the trays."

"Okay, but are you sure that you--"

"Eomma, the line's getting longer," Kyungsoo points out.

Zitao looks over his shoulder and bites his lip. "Okay, fine. Kris," he says, pulling his leader up from the chair, "come with me." And then they both set out to stand in line, looking over the menu posted overhead. Kyungsoo pulls Sehun towards the chairs and Sehun pouts at him.

"Hyung, what are you thinking? I wanted to check out the menu," he says.

"I know and I'm sorry," Kyungsoo tells him apologetically, "I'll cook you anything you want. Promise."

The promise brightens the younger member. "Okay," he replies gladly. "But what--why did you do that?"

"Well," Kyungsoo starts and briefly stares at Kris and Zitao, "I have a plan. No, wait, more like an impromptu idea."

"Hyung, did you just say something in English? Because I didn't get that part."

"Yes, I did," Kyungsoo replies proudly, "but that's not the point."

"Okay, so you have that im-whatever idea. Okay. What's this about?" Sehun asks.

"That restaurant we're going to," Kyungsoo says, "has this stage."

"Oh no." Sehun buries his head in his hands.

"Are you thinking of what I'm thinking?"

"I think so," Sehun replies, muffled by his hands, "but I hope I'm wrong."

"Oh, Sehunnie," Kyungsoo says as he ruffles Sehun's hair, "I don't think you're wrong."


Family number Three: Yixing and Junmyeon's family.

"This is your way of spending our time together?" Junmyeon laughs as they enter an arcade. Yixing couldn't decide where to go and their manager is MIA, so in the end, it was Chanyeol and Jongin who chose the destination for the family.

"Heck yeah!" Chanyeol fist bumps a grinning Jongin.

"Arcades are fun," Yixing tells Junmyeon as he looks around the Korean arcade. It's so bright, and quite noisy, but he suddenly feels like a preteen again.

There weren't as many people as they expected, but it's okay. In fact, it's more than okay.

"I feel like a kid again," Junmyeon sighs as he passes one of the games that he used to always play in the arcade.

"We all do, eomma," Jongin says. "Except I went here a couple of months ago, so it's not that nostalgic. But I feel you."

Chanyeol laughs and Junmyeon rolls his eyes. And Yixing is still reminiscing.

"Anyone up for DDR?" Jongin asks, smiling excitedly.

"I feel like we're going to lose to you," Chanyeol says.

"How about we all gang up on Jongin?" Junmyeon suggests, wagging his eyebrows at Yixing and Chanyeol. They both laugh at the silly expression on his face, but Jongin pouts.

"That's not fair, eomma," Jongin whines.

"Yeah, but you dancing isn't fair either," Junmyeon tells him.

"It's not my fault that I'm a good dancer."

"Oh so you know you're a good dancer?"

"I like to think so."

"You little--"

"Eomma," Chanyeol cuts in before Junmyeon can let out any colorful words, "why don't you and appa be one team, and little dancer and I will be the other team?"

"Yeah," Jongin nods his head excitedly, "You guys are the SuLay team, and hyung and I are, um, just, giraffe and little dancer."

"SuLay?" Yixing repeats. Where in the world does Jongin get these nicknames?

"No, we're the aegyo team, little dancer," Chanyeol says.

"I can't do aegyo, hyung, what are you talking about," Jongin deadpans.

"Yeah, I don't know where he gets those nicknames either," Junmyeon tells Yixing, shaking his head. His heart is beating oddly fast as he looks at Yixing, who is shyly avoiding his eyes. Oh my god I'm not blushing am I? Junmyeon thinks to himself. Because, seriously, SuLay sounds like a couple name (a cute one, okay). And his face feels weird and hot, and his chest feels sort of tight, and wow, does he need to ? Because there's something in the pit of his stomach too.

Okay. Junmyeon doesn't comprehend . Nope. Zip. Nothing.

"What did you say appa?" Jongin asks, after he finished bickering with Chanyeol about the team name (they agreed to call themselves the M.I.B. team. Men In Blue; yeah, they're wearing blue). 

"SuLay," Junmyeon repeats for Yixing (that face just shook his head). "Did you magically create that nickname too?"

"No, um, I actually saw it on the Internet," Jongin confesses. "I think it's cute."

"Wait, what?" Chanyeol asks. He grabs Jongin by the shoulders, bending down, face all up in Jongin's personal bizzy. "What did you say?"

"I think it's cute?"

"No, before that."

"I, um, saw it on the Internet?"

"Yes, that." Chanyeol keeps on staring at him, as if waiting for an answer. Jongin backs his head up, because damn, Chanyeol smells like those hotdogs they ate for brunch.

"Okay, hyung, you can let go of me now," Jongin says.

"No, I mean, who paired them up?" Chanyeol asks.

"The fans?" His answer ends up being a question.

"Did they pair me up with anyone?"

"Um, with Kris hyung," Jongin answers with furrowed eyebrows, "and I think Baekhyun--"

"Oh," Chanyeol leans back on his heels and turns his back on the three guys. (Chanyeol is trying to hide his big smile. They'll suspect something's wrong with him if they see him smiling like a mad man.)

"Oh?" Junmyeon raises an eyebrow, smiling smugly at Chayeol's back. Ohohohoho

"Are you planning something?" Yixing whispers to Junmyeon.

"Nothing really," Junmyeon replies, since he isn't (at the moment).

"Let's go to the DDR already," Jongin whines. He really wants to dance, and his body is itching to move around.

"M.I.B. versus SuLay!" Chanyeol screams as he runs for the DDR. However, he doesn't know where it is, so he just stands there stupidly until Jongin drags him towards the right direction where the DDR is located.

Junmyeon and Yixing laugh and follow together, hands brushing against one another as they walk towards the DDR.


A/N: i'll hopefully be updating more faster! but idk, since my noona is like bugging with other (oh noona why do i still love you you little twit) i hope you guys liked this! :D THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE SUBSCRIBES AND COMMENTS <3