week two: part iv

Let's Play House!

At Yixing and Junmyeon's house.

The first thing that Junmyeon noticed when he woke up was that Yixing wasn't in bed with him anymore. This is a normal thing (and he notices this first every morning). So Junmyeon wasn't bothered. But then, when he went down to the dining room, expecting some leftover breakfast or something of the same sort, Junmyeon found nothing. Well, besides the cold coffee Chanyeol made for him perhaps thirty minutes earlier (Chanyeol is their unofficial coffee maker).

"Morning, eomma," greets Chanyeol as he walks past the dining room.

"Morning," Junmyeon replies. His voice is rough and scratchy. His morning voice.

"Do you want me to heat up your coffee?" he asks from the kitchen.

"I'll do it," Junmyeon says, getting up and moving towards the kitchen with his cold coffee in hand. He sees Chanyeol in his pajamas and bed hair. Junmyeon smiles at the childish appearance the rapper is giving off.

"What are you staring at, creepy eomma?" Chanyeol asks, giving him an odd look.

Junmyeon sticks out his tongue at Chanyeol for calling him "creepy." Chanyeol is so not cute anymore. "Where's Jongin and Yixing? Father-son bonding time?"

"Jonginnie is busy looking up some restaurants for Father's Day," Chanyeol informs him. He shrugs as Junmyeon shifts and places his cup in the microwave. "I don't know about Yixing-appa though."

Junmyeon pouts as he lets the microwave heat his coffee up. "Do you think I would've been a good appa if Yixing and I switched roles?"

Chanyeol shrugs again, leaning his hip on the kitchen counter. His wide eyes are thoughtful. "I honestly don't know. I think, personally, that you nag more than Yixing, so being an eomma totally suits you."

"That's an insult, you ugh," Junmyeon buries his face in his hands. "And I think Yixing nags more."

"Eomma," Chanyeol says as he rubs Junmyeon's back, "It's not an insult. I've heard my biological eomma tell me about the hardships they, as eommas, go through. Seriously. It's tough being an eomma; don't stress."

Junmyeon begins to smile to himself, eyes peeking from out of his bangs. Chanyeol is back in Junmyeon's cute radar again. He looks at Chanyeol, still smiling. "I think that's the first serious and helpful thing I have ever heard from you so far. Even though you have a different definition for insult."

"Chanyeol moment," the rapper tells his leader.

"Sure, let's call it that."

"No, really, that's what it's called," Chanyeol insists.

"You even have a name for times like that?" Junmyeon asks, dumbfounded. What the freaking , Chanyeol.

"Nah," Chanyeol says as the microwave dings. "I use that whenever I do or say something rare or really, really insightful."

"You're a weird person. Interesting, but weird. Really weird." Junmyeon brings his coffee out of the microwave and blows on it. Now it's too hot.

"Everyone's weird; no one is normal, eomma," Chanyeol says as he watches Junmyeon blow the coffee.

"Oh my god Chanyeol--"

"Morning guys," Jongin greets as he dances into the kitchen.

Chanyeol and Junmyeon stare at the youngest member of their "family" and they know that he's in a good mood. This family is weird, Junmyeon thinks as he greets Jongin, but I like it.

"You seem happy, Jonginnie," Chanyeol states the obvious and Jongin continues to move his body around, "Is Kyungsoo the reason for this, hm?"

Jongin falters in a step at the mention of the other member's name. Junmyeon snorts but hits Chanyeol in the arm for making Jongin slip. "What--no, I found a restaurant for appa," he says, pouting at Chanyeol.

Chanyeol grins widely and ruffles Jongin's hair. "That's great, little dancer."

"Chanyeol, stop." Jongin laughs and pushes Chanyeol's hand from his head. "Don't call me that."

"Why not?"

"Because you sound gay," Jongin laughs.

Chanyeol starts to chuckle and pulls Jongin in a headlock and continues to ruffle his hair. Junmyeon watches amusedly, observing the bromance (?) happening in front of him.

He sees Jongin struggle in Chanyeol's grip and Junmyeon laughs, saying, "Chanyeol ah, let Jonginnie go."

"You heard eomma, hyung," Jongin says, glaring up at Chanyeol's grinning face.

"Yes, eomma," Chanyeol replies as he lets go of his "brother."

Junmyeon sips from his coffee as Jongin fixes his shirt and hair. He glances at Chanyeol, who grabs a bottle of water from the fridge, and then he sips some more coffee.

"Eomma, wanna know where we're going for Father's Day?" Jongin asks excitedly.

Junmyeon sips his coffee again, because he really wants to be an appa on Father's Day, but he keeps quiet seeing Jongin's eager face. "Sure." And then he realizes something.

Where's Yixing?

"Hold it," Junmyeon says as he puts a hand up, "where's Yixing?"

"Appa?" Jongin asks. "He went to the mall to buy something for his appa. That's what he told me earlier."

"When was earlier?" Junmyeon asks. If he knew about this, then he could've came with him to the mall. He hopes that Yixing didn't get lost.

"Uh," Jongin checks his phone screen, "approximately one hour ago."

"Oh my god why would you let him do that?" Junmyeon asks, putting his coffee down. He instinctively looks around for the car keys but remembers that Yixing has it. Junmyeon rubs his face with his hands. "What if he gets lost?"

Chanyeol laughs, "Junmyeon, this is why you're eomma; you worry too much."

"I'm not worrying too much," Junmyeon tells him, "Yixing is Chinese."

Jongin blinks. So what? "And?"

"He's driving by himself. In Korea."

"What's your point, Junmyeon?" Chanyeol asks. None of them notice that Chanyeol didn't call him eomma.

"That's equivalent to you, or me, or Jongin driving in China alone."

"Oh," they both mutter. Junmyeon slips his hand in his pocket, but his pajama pants don't have any pockets so he grunts in frustration.

"Jongin, hand me your phone," he orders.

Jongin gives him a confused look. "Why?"

"Just hand it to me," Junmyeon repeats. The look on Junmyeon's face had Jongin obliging to his wishes. Junmyeon looks through Jongin's contacts and finds Yixing's number (under the name of XingXing-appa) and calls it.

"Eomma," Jongin warns as he sees Junmyeon press his phone on his ear, "What are you doing?"

"I'm calling XingXing-appa," Junmyeon tells him.

"Oh my god, eomma, you gave him a nickname?" Chanyeol asks, face scrunched.

"Actually," Junmyeon says as he waits for Yixing to pick up, "Jonginnie is the one who made that one."

Jongin turns away from the two and resists the urge to push Chanyeol when his hyung pokes his sides and teases him about the nickname.

"Do I have a nickname too, Jonginnie?" Chanyeol asks.

"I don't know," Jongin replies, glancing at Chanyeol's playful expression. He sticks his tongue out at Chanyeol. "Maybe Stupid Hyung. Or Joker. From the Batman movie."

Chanyeol pouts. "Can't I get a cute nickname too?"

"But you're not cute, hyung," Jongin says. 

"Do you want me to do aegyo?" he asks.

Jongin smirks to himself and crosses his arms. "Let's see you do it. I bet you can't."

"Don't ever underestimate your opponent, little dancer," Chanyeol shoots back with a challenging grin. He flexes his fingers and fixes his bed hair. He clears his throat, preparing his deep voice for a transformation.

"Okay, hyung. In one . . . two . . ."

"Yixing? This is Junmyeon," Junmyeon suddenly says. The two stop and watch their "eomma" converse on the phone. "What took you so long in answering? Are you driving? Oh my god, are you lost? Is--"

Chanyeol and Jongin snicker as they listen in on Junmyeon's part of the conversation (they wonder what Yixing is saying on the other end of the line).

"Junmyeon? Why are you--where's Jongin?" Yixing pauses for a moment and then says, "I'm fine; just at the mall. Is there something wrong? I can go home early if you want."

"I just, um, wanted to know how you're doing so I borrowed Jongin's phone."

"Hey appa!" Chanyeol and Jongin yell from in front of Junmyeon.

Junmyeon hears Yixing laugh through the phone. "Tell them I said hi."

"XingXing-appa says hi," Junmyeon tells them. Jongin feels flustered now that one of the nicknames he made is out in the open.

"XingXing-appa?"

"Yeah, Jonginnie made it up. Isn't it cute?" Junmyeon tells Yixing and he laughs again. "You don't need to get home early. Take your time. I heard that you're getting a gift for your appa, so." Junmyeon sounds a tiny bit upset, even to his own ears. He wishes that Yixing doesn't catch it, but he does.

"I'll be home soon. You sure nothing's wrong? You kind of sound, uh, troubled," Yixing says and Junmyeon can imagine him shifting his weight from one foot to the other.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Junmyeon tells him. "If you need help or something, just call me, okay? I know that you're still, kind of, unfamiliar with the Seoul streets."

Junmyeon feels the smile through his voice. "Thanks Junmyeon. I'll be home before lunch. I've got my appa a present. Do you want me to buy lunch?"

"Let's eat leftovers from last night. If you and the boys want, we can just order some food later."

"Yeah!" Chanyeol and Jongin readily agree.

"I guess we're ordering tonight," Yixing says.

"Sounds like it," Junmyeon agrees. Jongin's phone suddenly feels warm against his ear, and he thinks that it will overheat. "We'll see you soon then. I'm going to give this back to Jongin. Remember, if you need help, just call me."

"Alright. See you guys," Yixing says before hanging up.

Junmyeon doesn't hand the phone back to Jongin though, because he goes through his contacts again and looks for his contact, curious as to what nickname Jongin gave him.

"Eomma," Jongin sighs, running his fingers through his hair in irritation, "what are you doing now?"

"Looking for my contact," Junmyeon replies.

"Jonginnie's so pistachio, eomma," Chanyeol comments.


A/N: omg guys, i love you all like srsly you guys are my source of water in this hot weather (wot). <3 THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE SUBSCRIBES AND COMMENTS! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Hopefully it's not too short, but I can't really tell because I used my phone to make and update this whole chapter. >_< thanks again guys! :DD