week one: part iv

Let's Play House!

Family number Three: Chanyeol and Jongin.

"I'm going to sleep," Junmyeon says as he pushes himself up from the couch in their living room. It's already ten o'clock in the evening, and they were watching the television for about an hour now. "You guys should go to sleep soon too, okay?"

"Yes, eomma," replies the three other guys. Junmyeon stretches his arms over his head and yawns, mumbling a soft, "Good night," before heading up to his and Yixing's room. Yixing sinks in the couch he shared with Junmyeon while his "sons" busily texted on their phones.

"Well," Yixing yawns, rubbing his hair, "I'll be heading up too. Go to sleep soon, guys. And don't forget to turn off the lights and television before you go to bed. Understand?"

"Yes, appa," the two boys reply. They merely glance at Yixing as he made his way out of the living room and up the stairs. They faintly hear the door open and click shut.

Chanyeol waits for five minutes and then he nudges Jongin using his foot. "I'm going over Baek's place."

"What?" Jongin exclaims and Chanyeol covers his mouth with his hand.

"Shhh, don't be so loud," the older scolds.

"Why this late?" Jongin asks, pushing Chanyeol's hand away. Man, Yixing and Junmyeon will surely beat Chanyeol up once they find out about this.

"Because eomma and appa are sleeping," Chanyeol answers. "Let just wait, like, twenty minutes."

"They're going to kill you, you know," Jongin tells him. But even he is planning to drop by Kyungsoo's place now that his hyung is planning to drop by Baek's place. "Does hyung know that you're dropping by?"

"Yeah, he kind of planned it," Chanyeol says, smiling proudly. "He said he wanted to see my stupid face."

"You're kidding."

"Nope. Wanna see the text?"

"Oh my god, I swear," Jongin shakes his head, trying to hold in his chuckles. And to think that Baekhyun's the one who planned this . . . it blows Jongin's mind. "Baekhyun-hyung is a bit wild, huh?"

"You never noticed?" Chanyeol laughs. Jongin pouts a bit. Chanyeol wags his eyebrows. "Why don't you go to Kyungsoo? I'm sure he won't mind."

"I don't want to bother hyung," Jongin mumbles.

"He has a soft spot on you, Jonginnie. It's okay to bother him," Chanyeol reaches over and pats his "brother's" shoulder. Then, he pinches Jongin's cheeks. "Aww, you're so adorable, saying that you don't want to bother Kyungsoo when you really do."

"Shut up, hyung," huffs Jongin. 

"Come on, just tell him you're stopping by," Chanyeol says.

"And then what?" Jongin asks. "Do I climb towards his room?"

"If he lets you," Chanyeol answers. "Baekhyun and I are just gonna talk."

"How long will that take?" Jongin asks.

"Probably just ten or fifteen minutes."

"Why don't you guys just talk through phone calls?"

"Because he wants to see my face." Chanyeol adds, "And, it's more fun to talk in person, don't you think?"

"Well, yeah, I guess, I mean," Jongin pauses, "should I?"

"What, go to Kyungsoo's place?" Chanyeol asks, and Jongin nods in response. "I think you should. Let's both be troublemakers who don't get in trouble."

"Then we're not technically troublemakers since we don't get in trouble--which means that no one knows that we make trouble," Jongin points out.

"Sometimes, I just don't get you," Chanyeol shakes his head with a sigh.


Family number One: Luhan and Baekhyun.

It's already ten-thirty in the night, and their "parents" are fast asleep in their room (Luhan wonders if they share the bed). Luhan is on his bed, multi-tasking between texting Sehun and playing fruit ninja. 

I want bubble tea, Sehun sends him. Luhan smiles. Sehun is such a kid. A really cute and adorable and huggable and loveable kid.

Me too, Luhan texts him. We should go buy some tomorrow. Maybe we can even shop or something. ;)

I wish, Sehun quickly replies. Luhan can hear his voice through the words, and he can even imagine Sehun sighing as he texted. Kinda got in trouble with appa and eomma. They said I can't stay late from now on. ㅎㅎ

You kidding? Luhan asks him. He resumes with his game.

Nope. Gotta be back at 10PM sharp. ㅎㅎ, Sehun replies. Luhan thinks that it's not that bad, and was about to reply when Luhan suddenly hears a thump against his window. He jumps and looks over. Nothing.

Doesn't seem so bad, Sehunnie. It's okay~ Luhan replies. Another thump on the window and Luhan catches something in his vision. His heart beats fast as he urgently texts Sehun. Oh my god, I think there's someone outside my window.

Sehun immediately answers back. I'll be right there hyung.

Another thump echoes in his room and Luhan thinks that he might as well just pass out from all the adrenaline in his body. He grabs his pillow and goes over by the window, hiding behind the wall. He can hear loud whispers, but he can't seem to decipher what the hell the person was saying. Luhan bites his lip as he peeks through his blinds, just a little, and then, he jumps again when a twig hits the window.

"--kyhun!" 

Luhan hears it a little now, but he still can't figure out what the person was saying. He moves a little and peeks through the blinds again. He sees a shadow, illuminated by the street lamp, pace around the perimeter and then another shadow abruptly comes in his view.

This shadow, however, is someone Luhan can recognize in a heart beat. In fact, Luhan can recognize the person just by his footsteps, or the way he walks, or his stance, etc. It's Sehun, Luhan thinks as he watches Sehun creep up behind the other guy.

Unconsciously, Luhan pushes his blinds out of the way and calls out to Sehun, because he's ing worried and nervous and anxious and just--what if that guy hurts Sehun? His little Sehunnie?

"Sehun!" Luhan yells. The two shadows jump.

"Oh my god, Luhan?" Luhan hears after a moment of silence. He sounds like Chanyeol. Maybe he is Chanyeol.

"Chanyeol?" Luhan calls. He squints.

"Yeah, it's me," Chanyeol replies and moves closer. He spots Sehun and gapes. "Sehun? What are you doing here?"

"What are you doing here?" Sehun shoots back curiously. "You were scaring Luhan." They lower their voices, but made sure that Luhan can still hear them.

"I thought that was Baekhyun's room," Chanyeol answers. "Damn, sorry about that, Lulu."

"My god, Chanyeol," Luhan sighs, placing a hand on his heart. Gave me a ing heart attack, he thinks. "Baekhyunnie's in that room over there. The next window."

"Thanks a lot, Lulu," Chanyeol whisper-yells and then scoots over to the next window. He cups his hands around his mouth. "Baekhyun! Pssst! Open up!" He doesn't get an answer so he picks up a small twig and throws it at the window. He does it three times before Baekhyun finally opens his window and nearly gets hit by the fourth twig.

"Oh my god, Chanyeol," Baekhyun exhales, eyes wide. "I almost got hit by that twig, idiot!"

"Shh," Chanyeol shushes. "We might get in trouble."

"Right, well," Baekhyun disappears for a second and then he throws back the twig that entered his room. "Well, I wanted to--wait, why is Sehun here?"

"I really don't know," Chanyeol replies, eyes sliding towards Sehun, who is currently looking up at Luhan with a grin, all giggly and smiley. His eyes move to Luhan, and Luhan reflects how Sehun is: all happy and like that.

"It doesn't matter," Baekhyun quickly says, "they're not paying attention to us anyway. By the way, why didn't you just text me, like a normal person would do, that you were outside my room? Instead of trying to break down my window, I mean."

"Oh come on, Baek. What's the fun in that?" Chanyeol replies with that stupid grin. Baekhyun finds himself agreeing and smiling stupidly too.


Family number Two: Kyungsoo and Sehun (although Sehun is already rendezvousing with Luhan).

"Hyung," Jongin calls, voice soft. He had just finished climbing the humongous tree in between his and Kyungsoo's homes. He's keeping quiet because his "parents'" room is right across Kyungsoo's (why is life like this?), so he waits. He had already texted Kyungsoo, seven minutes prior to his climbing, but Kyungsoo hasn't replied.

Did he fall asleep? "Hyung!" Jongin tries again, a little bit louder. Finally, after, like, five million years, Kyungsoo opens the windows and gapes at Jongin.

"I--why are you in the tree?" Kyungsoo asks. He's worried, of course, but his brain is acting too slow for his liking since it's almost eleven in the night. Kris and Zitao will certainly bomb him with questions (like they sort of did to Sehun this morning) tomorrow.

"Didn't you get my text?" Jongin asks.

"Huh? What text?" Kyungsoo scrunches his eyebrows. Before Jongin could reply, the older one gestures for him to come into the room, saying, "That's really dangerous, Jongin."

Jongin obliges and slides carefully across the thick branch, slipping into Kyungsoo's room. The younger inhales deeply. It's only been a day and the room already smells like Kyungsoo.

"I just took a shower. That's why I didn't hear you outside," Kyungsoo informs him as he sits on the bed. "But seriously, don't just climb trees. That's really dangerous."

Jongin laughs. "I've been climbing trees since I was little, hyung. Relax."

"Jongin, that's not funny. You could've hurt yourself there," Kyungsoo says. Jongin rolls his eyes and plops down next to Kyungsoo.

"Don't worry, hyung."

"I can not not worry," Kyungsoo replies, glaring at Jongin. The younger smiles apologetically.

"Really?"

"Yes."

"Then I guess you'll just have to worry about me all the time," Jongin tells him, wrapping his an arm around the smaller male. Kyungsoo sighs, but he leans into Jongin as the younger one places his chin on the top of his head. "Chanyeol's at Baekhyun-hyung's house now."

"Oh?" Kyungsoo asks, pulling away from the warm embrace. "Why are the two of you sneaking out at night, huh?"

"Chanyeol blamed Baekhyun, so I'm blaming Chanyeol." Jongin pulls Kyungsoo back to his chest. His hyung smells really good at the moment.

"What did Baekhyun do?" Kyungsoo questions, allowing the taller male to hug (cough, sniff, cough cough) him.

"Chanyeol said that Baekhyun wanted to see him," Jongin explains. "And that's what he did. We'll be heading back soon though. Since Junmyeon and Yixing might check on us."

"Wait, they don't know that you're here?" Kyungsoo asks in disbelief. Jongin nods.

"We'll be back soon anyway. It's not like they'll find out."

"Oh my god, Jongin, just," Kyungsoo shakes his head, laughing. He covers his mouth to muffle his giggles.

"What's so funny?" Jongin asks, his eyebrows furrowing and lips pouting.

Kyungsoo raises his head and pinches his cheeks. "Aw, Jonginnie, you're so cute. Acting like a rebellious teenager."

"Aren't I?"

Kyungsoo gives him a look, and starts laughing again.


Family number Two: Luhan and Baekhyun (with Sehun and Chanyeol).

"Yeah, and then--"

Baekhyun jumps and looks behind him as Chen pushes his door open. "Baek, what's with all the noise?" His hair is messy and he's back in his pajamas. His eyes are squinting at him, and Baekhyun thanks the heavens that Chen had bad eyesight. He leans on the window and glances. Chanyeol is staring up at him, and all Baekhyun wanted to do was slap him in the face to knock some sense into him.

"Oh, uh, just singing," Baekhyun says. Ah, , he can't think of a good lie. Especially at this hour. He decides to sing a line in 2NE1's Go Away, repeating it over and over, loud enough, and hopes that Chanyeol gets it. Don't hang around, just go away.

Chen is going to be so pissed if he sees Chanyeol outside his room.

"Why's Baekhyun singing?" Sehun asks Chanyeol. Chanyeol shrugs, confused.

"Does he want me to go away or something?" Chanyeol wonders aloud.

"You idiot," Luhan whisper-yells, "Chen's in Baekhyun's room right now. You guys just go, okay? Don't get seen by Chen. And--" Luhan stops abruptly and shuts his window. Sehun and Chanyeol exchange looks. It must mean that it's time to go. Sehun and Chanyeol carefully move around the shadows so that they won't be seen at all, and soon, they are both making their ways to their homes.

"Hi, eomma," Luhan greets happily.

Xiumin gives him a look, crossing his arms over his chest. He does not look sleepy at all. "Who were you talking to?"

"No one." A total lie.

"You were talking to Sehun, weren't you?" Bingo.

"Pssh, yeah, via phone call," Luhan laughs, nervousness tinging his laughter. "Did I wake you?"

"Both you and Baekhyun woke Chen and I, actually," Xiumin says. Xiumin's learning how to use those eomma-techniques quite rapidly, Luhan thinks to himself.

"Sorry, eomma," Luhan apologizes.

"We'll talk more in the morning," Xiumin says, slipping out of the door. "Good night, Luhan. And go to sleep."

"Yes, eomma. Good night," Luhan replies before jumping on his bed. In the next room, he can still hear Baekhyun singing that same line over and over again. He snickers.


Families numbers Two and Three: Kyungsoo, Sehun, Chanyeol, and Jongin.

"Oh, damn it," Sehun mutters. Chanyeol glances behind him, towards the youngest of the group and raises an eyebrow.

"What's wrong?"

"I forgot to bring the key. And the front door automatically locks from the inside once you close it," Sehun explains as he wrings his hands. "Damn it, what am I going to do?"

"Climb up that tree," Chanyeol replies.

"What--why?" Sehun asks, looking around. Chanyeol grabs his shoulders and pivots Sehun until the big tree is in his face.

"I think that's Kyungsoo's room. Can you call Jongin down for me?"

"What? What's he doing in Kyungsoo's room?" Sehun exclaims. He lowers his voice. "Seriously, did you guys plan this?"

"It wasn't supposed to end like this." They both see the window silently opening and a figure gliding out smoothly. Chanyeol smiles. "Hey look; it's Jongin."

Kyungsoo looks around and is in the middle of telling Jongin something when he spots Sehun. "Sehun?" They faintly hear. "Sehun, what are you doing?" The two walk closer until they are both underneath the tree, where Jongin is still climbing down from.

"I forgot to bring the key that eomma gave me," Sehun explains in a soft whisper. "Can you open the door for me? I can't climb the tree."

"You baby," Kyungsoo whispers, a little annoyed. Jongin drops from the lowest branch and jumps on Sehun, grinning.

"He's so pistachio now," Jongin tells Sehun as the maknae pushes him off his back. "He cares for me than he does for you," sings Jongin.

"Isn't is supposed to be like that?" Sehun rolls his eyes with a smile. " And pistachio? Dude, what's wrong with you?" Sehun asks, trying to hold in his chuckles. "That doesn't even make sense."

"I told you," Chanyeol tells Jongin, "I told you no one gets it." The weird "brothers" snicker and snort. Sehun merely watches them in confusion. He doesn't get it.

The front door opens, just slightly, and Kyungsoo waves at Sehun and the others. "Get inside, Sehun," he whisper-yells, "Before our eomma and appa find out about this."

"Right," Sehun says, and he jogs towards his home, slipping inside the front door as Chanyeol and Jongin walk towards their home.

"That was fun," Jongin comments as Chanyeol unlocks the door.

Chanyeol smiles over his shoulder. "Very."


Author's man: omg, guys, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE SUBSCRIBES AND COMMENTS! Like whoa, a hundred subscribers already? Is this--am I dreaming? whoa, i still can't even. ksjmkjdhnkfjd i love you guys <3 And WOOPWOOP, I'm finally on vacation so there's definitely (hopefully) gonna be an onslaught of updates. (; Week one for our EXO families is about to end. And btw, you guys want to help me give their families nicknames? I can't seem to think of any. ugh sorry for the long a/n! But thank you thankyou thankyouthankyouthankyou so much for reading, subscribing and commenting guys! <3 I hope you enjoyed this chapter!