week three: part iii

Let's Play House!

By 2:30 P.M., the families had settled into their hotel rooms, bought their swim suits, and ate lunch (together). They agreed not to mention their family names to other families (the "sons" were tempted to spill the beans), so that it would be a surprise later. By 2:52 P.M., the twelve boys were getting excited yet antsy, because seriously, their managers are somewhat unpredictable and it's just really scary.

"Ah," Junnmyeon murmurs, wringing his hands as he and Yixing walk behind the other members, "I'm nervous."

"Don't worry, Myeonnie eomma," Yixing tells him, taking his hand in his. "Everything'll be fine."

"I know--it's just . . . our managers."

"I know," Yixing tells him with a smile. "But it's fun like this."

They meet their managers at the same spot (their managers look tanner), and they greet them once again.

"So did you guys settle in your rooms? Bought some swim suits I hope?" the Korean manager asks, smiling at the nodding members.

"We won't need swim suits today," the Chinese manager informs them. "And I hope you all didn't eat any lunch."

The EXO members begin to glance at one another nervously. Kris speaks up for all of them. "Uh, why?"

"Because we're having a food competition," the Korean manager sings. "We thought that we'd start easy. Anyway, why don't you guys introduce yourselves? Let's start with Family number One."

Luhan and Baekhyun detach themselves from Sehun and Chanyeol, going over to stand beside their "parents" as the cameraman focuses on their family.

"Hello," Chen starts as he grins proudly at the other EXO members, "we are the Cheng Dynasty."

The other families snort and cough, trying to hold in their laughter. Chanyeol is the one that struggled the most and had to put his hand over his mouth.

Next, the cameraman shifts the focus over to Family number Two, and Kris brushes the back of his hand against Zitao's to reassure him, but the younger unnoticeably glares up at him. "Hello," he rumbles with a dazzling smile, "we are the Panda Wu Family."

"Panda Wu," Chanyeol repeats, and he begins to laugh, hands hitting his knees as he doubles over in laughter.

"I thought of that, hyung," Sehun tells him with a pout, and Chanyeol laughs harder as he tries to apologize to their maknae.

"Don't be mean to Sehun, Chanyeol," Luhan scolds from his position in the Cheng Dynasty (oh my god, Chanyeol can't stop laughing at their name).

"And now for the last family," the Chinese manager says once Chanyeol stopped his laughing fit.

Junmmyeon stands beside Yixing, Chanyeol and Jongin on either sides, and Yixing smiles that half-smile, saying, "Hello, we are the Pistachio Family."

The other EXO members glance at one another weirdly, because that family name doesn't make sense (they bet that it was Chanyeol or Jongin who came up with it), but Baekhyun just smiles and rolls his eyes. Chanyeol catches his gaze and grins widely.

"Interesting family names; good job," the Korean manager laughs. "Now that that's aside, we can start the competition."

"But I ate so much," Kyungsoo says under his breath, pouting.

Sehun grins and ruffles his hair. "It's okay, hyung. Eomma can eat as much as he wants."

"I heard that," Zitao whispers to them with a playful glare. Kyungsoo and Sehun smile at him innocently.

"Follow us to the venue," the Chinese manager says, gesturing the group members to follow him. They walk a short distance from the beach to one small eatery that showcases huge servings of this and that, and Zitao tries to hide his smile. Yummy, big servings of food. The mangers tell them to sit down by the three tables while they order the food.

"Okay," Chen tells his family as he leans into the table, "eat as much as you can so we won't have to eat dinner. Less spending for us."

Xiumin hits him on the arm, eyebrows knitted. "Don't be like that. If they want dinner, we'll buy them dinner."

"Appa is so cheap," Baekhyun jokes.

"I just want to save money," Chen tells him. He grins. "But seriously. Let's beat the other teams so we can win that trip."

Luhan flips through the menus distractedly, and he comments, "This place isn't that bad. I wonder what we're going to--"

He gets cut off by the exclamations from the other tables.

"Wah," he hears Chanyeol exclaim. Luhan peers over Chen's head and raises his eyebrows as their manager comes to them, carrying a big- milkshake in his hand.

A big- strawberry milkshake.

"Six pounds," their Korean manager tells them proudly.

Baekhyun smiles. If the family shares this beverage, it'll be hella easy. Of course, he shouldn't have expected that this is the only thing they're doing, because it isn't.

Their Chinese manager comes to their table with another milkshake, this time vanilla, and places it on their table. Baekhyun resists the urge to gape and he hears both Chanyeol's and Jongin's yells of surprise.

"Is this it?" Junmyeon asks, taking the straw in his hand. He hopes that this is it.

"You ready eomma?" Kyungsoo asks Zitao teasingly.

"You better finish that milkshake," is what Zitao huffs.

"All you guys need to do," their Chinese manager says, "is to finish the two six-pound milkshakes in half an hour or less. If none of you finish it, we'll just pick the family who finishes most of it."

"Understand?" the Korean manager asks. "Ready your straws, boys." The members hurriedly took off the plastics from the straws and pushed it in one of the milkshakes.

"Can we drink without the straws?" Chanyeol asks, raising his hand.

Both their managers nodded. "If you want, you can do that, yeah."

The Korean manager continues, "We'll start in three . . . two . . . one, go!"

They all start drinking the milkshakes, not caring what flavor it was (Junmyeon wanted the strawberry one but Chanyeol and Jongin already took it). Luhan and Baekhyun tried to take in as much of the vanilla milkshake as they can, but they end up having to stop short so that their brains could defreeze.

"Sehun," Kyungsoo gasps, swallowing the icy substance down his throat. The side of his head is pounding. "It's too cold."

"It's okay, hyung," Sehun replies. He pauses to drink a mouthful and swallows it down. "Just think of the prize."

"Oh my god, my brain," Baekhyun whines to Luhan, who is busily slurping down some milkshake. He glances around to see who's milkshake is almost finished, but Luhan kicks him in the shin and points to their milkshake with wide eyes. "But my brain, hyung."

Luhan makes sounds that sounded like Just do it or Jusht moo mit, and Baekhyun glares before putting his lips around the straw to help finish this damn milkshake. In all honestly, he's starting to get sick of milkshake.

"You doing good there?" Chanyeol asks Jongin while he nods his head, still drinking from the milkshake.

"Eomma," Jongin says as Chanyeol begins to drink from the milkshake, "I want to taste the vanilla milkshake."

"Later," Junmyeon manages to say as he desperately tries to finish the milkshake with Yixing.

Jongin pouts but he goes back to drinking the strawberry milkshake.

"Ow, god," Kris mutters, fingers touching the side of his head. It feels like the milkshake is surrounding his brain, sloshing around while he moves his head. He can't believe Zitao can take in as much of these icy attacks (but then again, he can't believe that Zitao can finish a pizza meant for seventeen people by himself). 

Zitao blinks up at him, dark eyes watching Kris as he looks back. "We're almost done, come on."

"See," Sehun nudges Kyungsoo, "eomma is totally badass."

Kyungsoo chokes on his laughter and almost spits the milkshake out (through his nose too--yuck). He starts to cough and Jongin shifts around with the milkshake, causing Chanyeol to move too, so that he can see what's going on.

"You okay, hyung?" Sehun asks.

Chanyeol nudges Jongin back so that he isn't in an awkward position with the milkshake nearly toppling onto his lap. 

"Fine," Kyungsoo clears his throat and motions for Sehun to continue finishing their milkshake.

"Fifteen minutes," the Chinese manager announces.

Already? Junmyeon thinks, eyebrows furrowing. Yixing catches his eyes and raises his eyebrows.

"Eomma, I seriously feel like my brain is dying," Kyungsoo tells Zitao.

"Go rest then," Zitao tells him, covering his lips while he swallows the rest of the milkshake in his mouth. "You might get sick if you drink too much."

"And we know how fragile you are, hyung," Sehun teases before continuing to finish the rest of the milkshake.

"We're almost done with ours," Kris tells Zitao and they both glance at the three-fourths empty milkshake.

Zitao takes his straw from the strawberry milkshake he shared with Kris and pushes it in the vanilla milkshake that Sehun is currently trying to diminish. "Kris, finish that. I'll help Sehunnie over here."

Kris blinks, too astounded to respond, and just nods. He finishes the rest of the milkshake while Zitao helps Sehun finish theirs, and Kyungsoo puts his head on Zitao's shoulder as he tries to nurse his freezing head.

"We're almost done," Chen tells Xiumin, head pounding.

"I know," Xiumin manages to say without spluttering the milkshake in his mouth.

"Come on, Myeonnie eomma," Yixing urges Junmyeon. He merely nods his head gingerly, covering his mouth before taking the straw in between his teeth.

Sehun leans away from the milkshake, claiming that he drank too much and his stomach felt like it was about to explode, and so Zitao tells him to just rest and Kyungsoo takes his place, now that his headache is gone.

"I'm done," Kris announces to their family. He covers his mouth and hiccups once, and then he's gesturing for Kyungsoo and Zitao to share the milkshake, seeing how little there is left.

"Five minutes," the Korean manager says.

"I can't do this," Junmyeon tells Yixing. Yixing grabs his hand and squeezes it once, and then lets go. "But XingXing appa."

"Let me handle this," Zitao tells Kyungsoo and Kris, shooing their lips away from the straws. Sehun, Kyungsoo, and Kris watch in fascination as Zitao pulls out all the straws and chugs down the milkshake.

"Oh my god, no way," Luhan says, seeing the scene across them. Zitao slams the empty milkshake container down on the table while he wipes his mouth with the back of his head. He's slouching (his stomach probably feels too heavy, Luhan thinks) and then Kyungsoo and Sehun high five each other, reaching eagerly to hug Zitao.

"Hyung, just drink."

"Winner!" the Chinese manager yells, clapping his hands along with the other staff members and customers in the eatery. "Panda Wu Family wins this challenge!"

The other families immediately stop drinking, leaning on their seats with their hands either on their stomachs or heads (or both), and the Panda Wu Family is busy congratulating themselves and rubbing Zitao's back.

"Eomma, you're the best!"

"Eomma, that was so cool!"

"Are you feeling okay, Zitao?" The concern in Kris's voice is obvious, and Zitao just smiles and nods, patting his tomach and straightening his posture.

"It's not as much as the pizza," Zitao chuckles. Although his head does kind of hurt.

"That's one point for the Panda Wu Family," Chanyeol says, clapping his hands.

"Great job," Junmyeon says, clapping his hands as well. The rest of the EXO members follow in suit, congratulating the Panda Wu Family.

"That's it for today's challenge. We're just getting started, after all," the Korean manager says, grinning. "Enjoy the rest of the evening amongst yourselves with your full stomachs."

They exit the eatery then, hiccupping here and there, and they all head to their respective hotel rooms. The "kids" plan to enjoy the rest of the evening, as their managers told them too, while their "parents" plan to stay in the hotel rooms. The next two hours is spent trying to get their brains to function properly again, and then 6 P.M. finally comes around.

"Baekhyun and I are going to this arcade we saw," Chanyeol is saying as he slips on his flip flops. Junmyeon is taking a shower in the bathroom while Yixing is busy flipping through the channels. Jongin is on the bed, texting, who Chanyeol assumes, Kyungsoo.

"I think hyung and I are gonna watch a movie. We're not being filmed anyway, so we can disguise ourselves. And," Jongin adds as he flips on his back, "there won't be much people."

"Expect the unexpected," Chanyeol says, placing a hat on his head.

"Be careful," Yixing says, watching Chanyeol fix his shirt and shorts, "and be home by curfew."

"Curfew?" Chanyeol repeats, looking over his shoulder. "When's that?"

"No later than eleven o'clock," Yixing states firmly. "Who knows what we're doing tomorrow. And bring some money with you."

"Got it, appa," the giant says with a grin. "Money, eleven o'clock. Anything else?"

"Pepper spray," Yixing adds.

"What do I need that for?"

"Just in case," Yixing says as he shakes his head. "Anything can happen you know."

"You're starting to sound like eomma," Chanyeol laughs and Jongin joins in. "Don't worry too much or you'll have wrinkles."

"We can always borrow Kris's skin products," Jongin chuckles.

"I'm out," Chanyeol continues to laugh, securing his hat on his head for the final time. "See you guys latah." He exits the hotel room and Jongin jumps from the bed, fingers moving quickly over his phone.

"Hyung wants to meet up now," he tells Yixing.

"Money, eleven o'clock, and pepper spray," Yixing reminds him. Jongin nods his head, checking his pockets as Yixing listed the things out (no one has pepper spray in this family, although he wouldn't be surprised if Yixing secretly keeps one).

", I have to change my shirt," Jongin mutters under his breath, and Yixing smiles amusedly while his "son" rushes over his bag to grab a neat shirt.


Cheng Dynasty.

"I'm meeting Chanyeol now!" Baekhyun announces, turning the hat on his head. He and Chanyeol agreed to wear disguises, because they don't want anyone to recognize them while they beat each other at the arcade.

"Be back by ten-thirty," Chen says.

"Do you have money with you?" Xiumin asks in the middle of taking out a shirt from his bag.

"Yes," Baekhyun says, pushing his heel against the back of his shoe. "Anything else, eomma, appa?"

"Yup," Chen says, face all serious. Baekhyun gulps nervously, hoping that Chen wouldn't say I meant be back by ten, and then Chen's face breaks into a grin. "Have fun."

Baekhyun gives him a tiny smile. "Thanks." 

Once Baekhyun exited the room, Chen turns to Luhan, who is watching the television. "And what about you, Luhan? Are you doing anything?"

"Not really," Luhan replies absently, eyes trained on the television.

"Nothing with Sehunnie?" Xiumin asks in surprise. Is this the first?

"I don't know," Luhan answers, eyes wide and eyebrows raised. "Why?" Suddenly, his eyebrows dip lower and he grins impishly. "Oh I get it. You two want to be alone huh?"

"What are you talking ab--" Chen starts to say, face feeling hot. Xiumin just gapes.

"Okay, I'll invite Sehunnie out. I'll leave you love birds alone," Luhan says with a suggestive grin. He quickly sends a text to Sehun, asking to meet up at the hotel's lobby.

Luhan grabs his hat from the night desk, winking at Chen and making faces at Xiumin. "I'll be back by ten-thirty! Enjoy your time, eomma, appa~!" He practically skips out of the room, wallet clutched in his right hand and his phone in the other.

"What," Xiumin begins, still staring at the door, "just happened?"

"I believe that our sons just left us alone in the hotel room," Chen states, trying to ease the abrupt awkward situation. And we'll be alone together for four and a half hours, Chen thinks as Xiumin robotically pushes his shirt back inside his bag.

"I should take a shower," Xiumin says, bolting towards the bathroom. Chen doesn't have the chance to reply because Xiumin slams the door shut.


Panda Wu Family.

"You're going to the movies with Jongin?" Kris echoes, watching Kyungsoo put his wallet in his pocket.

"Yes, appa, I am," Kyungsoo replies honestly.

"Kris," Zitao warns.

"Hyung asked me to meet him at the lobby," Sehun speaks up, and they all know who he meant by hyung. There's that non-verbal question hanging in the air, asking, can I go? So Zitao sighs and just nods his head.

"You guys go have fun," he tells them, running his fingers through his hair.

"No later than ten," Kris says, stressing on the time as he glances at Sehun. Sehun shrinks a little and nods. Kyungsoo hands him his cap, and he wears his own.

"We'll be off then," Kyungsoo tells them.

"Wait, Sehun," Zitao says, inspecting his outfit, "do you have money with you? I know Kyungsoo has his."

"Oh, yeah," Sehun says, reaching in his pocket to pull his wallet out.

"And phones. Call us if anything happens," Kris says. 

"Phones, got it," Kyungsoo nods his head. "We promise we'll be back by ten."

"See you guys," Sehun waves as Kyungsoo ushers him outside the room.

The room is silent for a while, but neither of them are uncomfortable with it. This silence is nice, very natural and not awkward at all. Zitao watches the show with half-lidded eyes, and Kris had to shake him a little to keep Zitao from falling asleep.

"You're not going to change or anything?" Kris asks softly.

"Ah," Zitao sits up, unintentionally bumping his head against Kris's, "I'm going to take a shower." The habit of having to shower with someone surfaces in his mind, and Zitao looks away, face heating up. Maybe he shouldn't ask Kris to take a shower with him. After all, no one's rushing.

Now it feels awkward, since Zitao hasn't asked Kris to take a shower with him, seeing as he's the only one present in the room to take the shower with.

Zitao tries not to drag his feet against the carpeted floor, towel in his arm. But before he can enter the bathroom, Kris asks, "You'll be fine?"

Zitao snaps his head towards Kris a bit too attentively, eyes a little wide. "I mean, do you want to--"

"Sure," Kris cuts in, sliding off the bed to spare Zitao from asking the question that somehow became too embarrassing to voice out.


A/N: THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE COMMENTS AND SUBSCRIBES GUYS! <3 on this beach trip thingy they have going on will be mostly (hopefully) focusing on, you know, couple moments just so they can be closer in that (romantic) sense. ;) so i hope you guys won't be surprised if the beach trip thingy revolves around the couple moments rather than the actual challenges. >< but thanks so much guy! srsly! ^_^ <3