prologue

Let's Play House!

A/N: I forgot to tell you guys that this is a crack fic. Enjoy~


Their managers called them early in the morning, saying that they had something important to discuss.

Junmyeon curses as his head knocks into Yixing, who is currently sound asleep next to him. It's only 8 A.M. in the morning, but really, it's a ing holiday, so they shouldn't even be awake at this ungodly hour. Even famous idols have holidays after all.

"Yixing," Junmyeon grumbles. He hopes that Yixing gets a stiff neck because he's making his shoulders stiff. "Yixing, move."

But he doesn't and Junmyeon just grumbles again.

When their services stop at a cafe, Junmyeon knew that it must be something . . . not so serious. He pushes open the door and lets Yixing almost fall on his face. But since he's just the nice "gramps" that he is, he catches him before anything harms the Chinese guy.

"Thanks," mumbles Yixing. Junmyeon smiles tightly.

"Not a problem."

Their managers stand up to greet them and all of the EXO members bow. They had just finished an event last night, which was supposedly their last event for the meantime, but it seems like their managers has another thing up their sleeves. The thoughts of having a relaxing time at the beach slips through their minds as the managers offer them warm hot chocos.

"We decided to play House."

Sehun chokes on his drink and Luhan yelps as the hot choco burns his tongue. Kris and Tao stare at the two managers blankly, trying to see if they understood the Korean right, and the others are just siting still, waiting for the other two to explain. If the two managers wanted to play House with each other, why not? But why would they need to tell the EXO members that? Maybe they wanted to let the group know about their ual preferences and what not, but still. The members don't mind that their managers are gay.

"So you guys finally tell us that you both are gay?" Chen asks. This time, the managers choke on their drinks.

"W-what are you guys talking about?" Chinese manager questions, wide eyes and all. "And what do you mean 'finally'?"

"We're talking about you guys," Korean manager regains his composure.

"Yeah, but we're not gay," Jongin says. 

"Well, yeah, we know that. But, see, your fans don't know that. They're thinking--hoping, really--that you guys are gay for one another," says the Chinese manager.

"Let's blame Luhan on this," Xiumin automatically says and points a finger at Luhan. Luhan burns his tongue again.

"W-what did-eh-doo?" Luhan exclaims.

"You're too touchy-feely, hyung," Sehun tells him, patting his back. "It's okay though. I don't mind." Jongin snorts and Kyungsoo lightly hits his shoulder.

"Anyway," the Korean manager says, "we wanted to maybe experiment with it."

"With what?" Chanyeol asks.

"The idea of playing House," answers the Chinese manager.

"Since the fans requested for it," the Korean manager continues, "we decided to give it a go. It'll only be for a short while, so it's okay."

"Wait, so we're actually doing this?" Zitao asks, incredulity lacing his voice.

"What in the world--?"

"Is this real?"

"Am I dreaming?"

"Hyung, get off me--"

"Ow, that really hurts!"

The noise made by the simultaneous exclamations of the other members is causing a headache to develop in Kris's head.

"Wait, wait, wait," Kris says in English (since it catches everyone's attention) over the loud noise. The noise immediately dies down. "So, you're saying that we, all twelve of us, are going to play House?"

"Yes."

"Uh huh, and how does that work?" It's not like Kris is totally against it. The other eleven are just listening intently.

"Well, there will be three families with four members each."

"Three times four . . . twelve," Chanyeol mutters with wide eyes. Baekhyun elbows him in the ribs.

"And we pick your names from this bowl," their manager points at the bowl in the center of the coffee table, "and boom, you guys are in a family."

"How long are we doing this for?" Kyungsoo asks.

"Oh you know. Eight weeks."

"Eight weeks . . . that means two months," Chanyeol whispers to Baekhyun. Baekhyun jumps because Chanyeol is too close and moves away from the tall guy.

"And there will be cameras," the other manager tells them.

"Where are we staying? Are we just staying at the dorm?" Junmyeon questions.

"No, some people--you know, in higher positions than hyung and I--offered to let us use those model houses in the new neighborhood." The managers high-fived each other, but the EXO members are still staring.

"I can't comprehend," Zitao says, shaking his head. "I think you two are high."

The managers totally ignore Zitao's comment and gets the bowl. "You guys ready? We'll pick the members for Family number One!"

Their hearts are beating nervously against their chests because they all wanted to be Daddy just so they could boss each other around, but they all don't want to be Mommy because . . . they just can't.

"So do you guys pick the roles in the family?" asks Xiumin.

"Uh," the Chinese manager stumbles with his words. He glances at his partner-in-crime. "Do we?"

"Nah," the Korean manager says while pushing his hand in the bowl. "They should do it."

There are quiet murmurs as to who they wanted to be in the family, and everyone stops just as quickly as the Korean manager pulls out a name. "Chen."

The boys push Chen out of the seat, who then dazedly walks up to the manager. The Korean manager pats him on the back and gives him a key. "This is for your house."

"Okay, next up," the Chinese manager says and digs his hand through the bowl.

"I feel like I'm in the Hunger Games," Junmyeon comments.

"So this is how it feels like," Baekhyun shudders. Kyungsoo shivers as well, just because Hunger Games scares the out of him.

"Luhan."

Luhan is still nursing his slightly burned tongue and Sehun pouts as his hyung gets up to stand beside Chen. 

"Xiumin," says the Korean manager. Xiumin jumps up and practically hops to stand beside Chen.

"And, last but not the least," their hearts beat even faster, "Baekhyun."

"What?" Baekhyun's heart drops in his stomach.

"What?" Chanyeol exclaims. 

"Don't be so dramatic. You guys will probably live a door away from each other. Two at most," the Korean manager rolls his eyes.

Baekhyun stands beside Luhan who hugs up affectionately. "Hey there little bro."

"You guys already decided who's going to be mom and dad?" Baekhyun wants to cry. At least he's not Mommy.

"Okay, now for Family number Two!" the Korean manager exclaims, and even tries to throw a little bit of aegyo in there. The EXO members cringe, but the managers don't see it because they're so into the next name.

"Tao," announces the Chinese manager. Zitao moves over to the manager, standing on the other side of the manager, who gives him the key to his "house."

"Kyungsoo."

Kyungsoo gulps and moves to stand beside Zitao. Zitao smiles reassuringly and pats his back.

"Kris."

Kris pushes himself up from his seat and walks over to stand on the other side of Tao.

"And," the Korean manager pauses for dramatic effect before reading the name off the slip of paper, "Sehun."

"So that means," the Chinese manager says, smiling at the four in front of them, "Jongin, Yixing, Junmyeon, and Chanyeol are Family number Three. Here," he looks at Yixing, "catch." He throws the key at him.

"Pack up when we get back to the dorm. There'll be cars waiting for you guys. While you all are at it, figure out who's going to be who in the family. We'll be filming soon," says the Korean manager.

The EXO members all nod their heads, excitement and nervousness racking their bodies. No matter how crazy this is, they just hope that it will be fun.


A/N: I probably have bloodshot eyes now. Anyway, I hoped you guys like this! It was fun to write! Thanks guys! <3