Chapter 12

Red

 

 

A/N

That Apgujung rumor got me completely off guard, I lost my appetite to write these days... so I'm sorry for the long wait.. *sigh*

Oh my, why is it always SO hard to face the reality?? Now I was left with my poor broken Ricsyung heart... T_T

Ah, whatever... Eric may do whatever he wants, I'll forever ship him with Hyesung :p *self-hypnotized*

 

____________________________________

 

I was so nervous when I ring his door bell. I couldn’t believe if this was actually happen. So I sighed and braced myself for the worst. I thought I was ready if I found him laughing at me and saying that this was only a big fat joke.

 

He opened the door and only said, “Oh, you’re here. Come on in.” He stepped back and let me have my way in. I watched him closely when he closed the door. But he only said, “Please wait a little, I can’t find my camera charger.” He hurriedly paced back to his bedroom.

 

“Wait, Hyesung-ah..”

 

“Can we talk while I’m searching? And of course you may help me.” Hyesung said from inside his bedroom. So I threw my backpack on the couch and followed him to his bedroom. I found him in the process of turning his desk’s drawers upside down while kept muttering, “Where the hell is that thing?”

 

“Hyesung-ah, are you serious?”

 

“What?” But he didn’t bother to look at me.

 

“About we’re going to a vacation together?”

 

He looked up and frowned. “Don’t tell me you changed your mind and now you don’t want to go anymore.”

 

“No. I mean yes. I want to go with you, of course I want to go with you!” I said panicky and approached him. He didn’t move but his face showed drastic change of his mood. I was afraid he would shout at me in any minute now.

 

“So?” He asked furiously.

 

“Well, I mean – wait, I need to think about my words before I say it.” If I carelessly blurted out anything, he would be angrier. He snorted but waited anyway. “Okay, yesterday you said that we will go to some resort and spend two days there. Just you and me. And you told me to bring everything I need. Right?”

 

“Yeah.” He nodded, “And what’s the problem with that?”

 

“The problem is – I can’t help to think that going to a vacation together is considered the next step of our relationship.” I said slowly and got discouraged when I could see Hyesung’s confused expression.

 

“I don’t really understand, but go on.”

 

“I just want to make sure if this is only a vacation or ‘vacation’ with quotation mark.”

 

“And what do you mean with vacation with quotation mark?” He asked puzzled. Did he really don’t know that? Is he stupid? Or it was me who’s horrible at explaining?

 

“Because honestly, I really hoped for that kind of vacation. That’s why I bring everything we might need.”

 

“And what is that?” He was still confused and somehow it sent anxiety to me. , what if he didn’t mean it that way? What if I read his intention all wrong? “What do you bring, Eric?” He asked impatiently. Should I answer him?

 

Ah, whatever.

 

“Umm.. Wine, a lot of underwear, aspirin, and –“ I had to stop to take a breath, “And lotion.”

 

A second after the word slipped from my mouth, his eyes widened and unlike his habit to blushed, now his face was pale. “Oh my God!” I could see a pure horror on his face.

 

.

 

“I will throw those away!” I said panicky. “Please, don’t hate me.”

 

“I – I – it’s – oh God..” He stammered. I noticed now his face turned all red even to his both ears. “I need to sit.”

 

“Hyesung-ah..” I watched him walked to his bed and sat on it.

 

“Wait.” He said slowly. He sighed once and then for my surprised, started to laugh in amusement. “Eric, you’re such a ert.” He looked up at me and laughed harder when he saw me pouted. “Honestly, I just wanted to spend the time with you, because I realized that I kind of neglected you these past weeks. And I have this discount coupon of this resort, so I thought, I’ll ask you to go with me. I didn’t have another intention or some hidden agenda, really. But I should know better, you’re the one who will have some hidden agenda.”

 

“May I sit with you?” He nodded, so I sat beside him but didn’t dare to touch him. “You never thought about it? You’re liar.” Every normal man will think about it!

 

“Don’t you think it’s too fast?”

 

“We’ve been together for two months now.” From my prior relationships’ experiences, we will be considered slow, Hyesung-ah. But of course I didn’t say it out loud.

 

“I’m not really sure about it, Eric. It’s weird, even just the thought of it.” He shook his head slowly. “Sorry.”

 

“You mean you don’t want to do it? Or you aren’t ready yet?”

 

“Not today, or tomorrow. I guess, I’m not ready yet.” He kicked my foot lightly before saying, “Okay?”

 

I sighed in defeat. “Okay.” I nodded. “Not today, or tomorrow. I got it! So it means, I still have my chance for the day after tomorrow.” I kicked back his foot playfully.

 

“Yah! Don’t force your luck, Eric Mun!” He pushed my shoulder away roughly.

 

“I’m joking, you know it!”

 

“Take my word seriously, will you?” He grabbed my collar now. This violent brat!

 

“I got it, Shin Hyesung. Don’t worry about it.” I took his hand in mine and squeezed it. “So what I have to do with those things I brought?”

 

“Bring along the wine, discard the others.” He said firmly.

 

“Okay.” I stood up and walked to my backpack that I left in the living room. I opened it and took the aspirin and lotion out. I decided to put them on his bathroom cabinet. I would take it later, I thought.

 

“Eric! If you’re done, get your here quickly. Help me to look for that damn charger!” I heard him shouts from inside his bedroom. I cursed once. Again, he carelessly said the word and seemed oblivious how it affects me.

 

***

 

We arrived at that resort around lunch. I had to admit, this resort was amazing. The place was secluded, we had to drive deep into the forest to reach it. But the view on the trip was breathtaking. The narrow road we took was surrounded by maple trees. On every turn we were welcomed by bright colors of their leaves. Many shades of yellow, orange to red. I thought I never really appreciated the beauty of fall before. But today, when I joyfully stuck my head out of the window and enjoy the view, I knew I did.

 

Or maybe the view was so beautiful because I could hear Hyesung’s satisfied chuckles throughout the trip.

 

We reached a wooden gate and Hyesung drove slower. “We’re here.” Hyesung said while smiling. There was a small wooden building with traditional house’s façade on it. Hyesung parked the car and unfastened his seat belt when said, “Wait here, I’ll check in.”

 

Five minutes after, Hyesung walked out the wooden building with smile on his face. He had an electronic key on his hand. He got in the car and started the engine. He made a turn and took a small aisle with tiny bamboo trees on the both side. The resort was rather exclusive and every room was separated into little villas with little driveway on the side. Hyesung turned to villa number 3 and parked on the driveway.

 

“Let’s go.”

 

I got out and carry my backpack on my shoulder. I looked around and whistled. From where I stood, at the driveway, I couldn’t really see the other villas. Even though all villas weren’t far from each other, but whoever built this place cleverly planted the trees and placed bench or small fountain to block the curious view from outside. I was sure no one could see our villa too. Perfect privacy.

 

I turned my head to see Hyesung opened the door. I snorted silently, that bastard really thought about everything. How he managed to find this place? Hyesung must be worked so hard to plan this vacation. And suddenly my mind went back to Hyesung’s bathroom where I left my precious lotion on its cabinet. How I regret it now.

 

“Eric. You will stand there all day? Get in!” Hyesung shouted then got inside without waiting for my answer. He immediately disappeared behind the door.

 

“I know you love me, Shin Hyesung. But you must be really love me to plan all of this.” I shouted to him from the door. I was practically skipping my way inside the villa. I threw my backpack on the side, kicked my shoes off and hurriedly back hugged him. I leaned forward and kissed his cheek. He wiggled a little but not really trying.

 

“Don’t be too happy. You’ll sleep on the couch.” He said flatly.

 

“Haha. No freaking way! You’re mine tonight!” I tightened my hug.

 

“Yah! You promised!” Hyesung said panicky. I could feel his heart beating fast.

 

“I know. And I’ll keep my promise. But it doesn’t say I can’t sleep hugging you.” I caressed my cheek to his ear when I said it. “Even though it will be a very difficult task for me. To keep in control, I mean.”

 

“Shut up! If you don’t have any confidence, then you sleep on the couch!” He finally let go of me and walked to the door. “Let’s go eat.”

 

“Where?”

 

“Follow me.” He put on his shoes on and waited for me impatiently.

 

“When you said you had the discount coupon for this resort, you didn’t tell the truth, right? You searched for the place with all this secrecy and privacy, right?” I asked him when we were outside and walked the stone lane.

 

“Maybe.” He blushed. “You think it’s too much?”

 

“I really like this place. Thank you, Hyesung-ah.”

 

Apparently, the restaurant was outside the villas’ area, so we had to walk a bit long. When we reached the restaurant, it was surprisingly packed. But luckily, because we were staying in the resort, it automatically reserved a table here. The waitress brought us to a table on the balcony. We made our orders and ten minutes later the waitress came bringing our orders. We ate our lunch while chatting happily. When I was done, I leaned on my chair and looked around.

 

“This place is the perfect place to see the maple leaves. Very famous, so it’s a bit crowded on the times like this.” Hyesung explained as if he could read my mind. I nodded. But then something bothered me. If this place was so famous like Hyesung said, it must be very hard to get the reservation here. The villas were not that many, so he needed to reserved the place long before. Don’t say he initially reserved for her girlfriend..

 

“What’s with that surly face?” He asked when he saw my expression.

 

“Suddenly I feel jealous.” I blurted out without thinking. “When you made the reservation? How you can get a room on the weekend and on the peak season so easily?”

 

“I know the way you’re thinking now, Eric Mun. And I’m upset at you.” He said rather bored. “But the answer is no, I didn’t reserve this place for my ex-girlfriend. That’s what you want to know, right?” I nodded stupidly. “I can easily get the reservation because I have a mother who befriends the owner. Happy?”

 

“Your mother?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“And she knows you’re here with me?”

 

“Of course not! Are you crazy?”

 

“So what did you tell her?”

 

“Nothing.” He drank his water calmly. “So don’t worry too much.”

 

“Okay.”

 

“Okay.” He smiled.

 

“So what we’re going to do now? Where we should go?” I asked.

 

“Well, that’s the thing about the place. There’s not many thing to do here except watching the trees and the falling leaves.” He said awkwardly.

 

“It’s okay for me, let’s go.” I got up on my feet and he followed me outside. We walked the paving stone path that looked like already hundred years there. It’s almost black color beautifully contrasts the tree’s bright colors. It felt like we were inside a painting. On our left there was a small stream with its crystal clear water. The sound of its water flowing somehow made me wants to smile. I glanced to Hyesung and to my surprised, he was staring at me.

 

“What?” I asked him.

 

“Nothing.” He shook his head vaguely. “Just silly thought.”

 

“Tell me. You promised to tell me anything and everything.”

 

“But it’s really silly.” Hyesung shook his head a little stronger now. His cheeks were tinted with color pink. “You will laugh.”

 

“Just tell me already.” I held his hand, wasn’t caring with the people around us. To tell the truth the place was full with people. There were couples, families, daughters with her mother. Hyesung looked around nervously but didn’t try to let go my hand.

 

He cleared his throat before whispered, “I thought you look like just come out from a painting, with all the orange color at the background.” He lowered his head and refused to meet my eyes, both his cheeks were red now.

 

I grinned goofily then squeezed his hand. I whispered “I love you” to him. We didn’t realize we stopped walking now. We stood up in the paving stone path, was looking at each other and holding hand. I didn’t care if there was anyone watching us. In my world now, only one existence exists. One existence called Shin Hyesung. And he stood in front of me, with his hand in my hand.

 

“In my head, I’m kissing you now.” I said after a minute pause.

 

“In my head too.” He said slowly, his shy smile spread on his face now.

 

“Dammit.” I looked around before dragged him to follow me. I dragged him away from the paving stone path to a small trail go in the direction of the forest. We left the crowd behind us. Honestly, I didn’t really know where to go, but Hyesung just followed me silently, so I didn’t stop. Until I couldn’t hear the noise from the crowd, I turned around and pushed him to a tree nearby. And I kissed him.

 

It was as if he was expecting it all along. The moment our lips met, he lifted his hands to the back of my neck and pulled me closer to him. I pressed my chest to his and closing the gap between us. The familiar yet gratifying feeling crept up my body when his tongue got in my mouth. He kissed me slowly and gently. The kiss wasn’t too passionate but it was enough to make us out of breath. We retreated a second to take a deep breath before starting again. But this time was a complete different kiss.

 

We moved more ravenously and passionately. He hugged me so close and I sneaked my hands to his back. We kissed until his low hums turned into satisfied sighs and whimpers. And I must be crazy, because even though I was sure I closed my eyes, somehow I could see colors behind my head. Bright yellow, orange and red. I knew maybe it was because the maple leaves we saw around us just now. But in my head, these colors are jumping and sparkling. Like fireworks.

 

Red. It was burning red.

 

It was the color I saw when suddenly I felt Hyesung’s hand raked the skin of my stomach rather hotly. Since then, color red always reminded me of Hyesung. The color of courage and passion. Radiant color that brought out my energy and strength, so I could confidently act my desire. As exciting as fire, dangerous yet romantic. Red, the color of love.

 

Loving him was red.