Chapter 7: Invincible Youth Part 2

No ordinary Love Story..

The village chief asked Hyuna to deliver the crops they harvested to the elders that helped them. Then Joon suddenly appeared to tell the village chief that tools they will use are ready.

Joon, come with Hyuna to deliver these crops to the elders” he said to him

“Y---Yes, sir” Then he turned to Hyuna to meet her eyes and he could feel his blushing so he looked away.

 

Joon’s POV

We are now on our way to deliver the goods. Silence is all over us.

“Your friend, Liam, is really funny” She broke the silence between us.

“Yeah, He’s really nice and friendly. Did he make it hard for you to work?” I asked her. If that Liam made her work, our friendship is over! J

“No. He didn’t even make me work because he said, his friend will beat him up if I get tired” Hyuna said laughing with what Liam said to him.

 

I froze. Did he confess my feelings for her? I will really beat him up if he spills it on her

 

“Joon?”  I was thinking too much that I didn’t even realize we were here already.

 

She called halmeoni (grandmother).

“Woooow, what a great couple! You looked good together” said halmeoni which made us both blush.

“Halmeoni, these are the goods we planted together.. Please accpt our gratitude for helping us out” She said sincerely. At that moment, I realize she’s really genuinely nice and has a good heart.

 

Then we went to the next one. And before we left hal-abeoji (grandfather) said something to me.

Take good care of your girlfriend, arasso? You’re really lucky to have each other” he said to me

No, sir, she’s not girlfriend

“But soon she will be that’s what I have in mind

 

We were on our way back when Hyuna told me something

“I want an ice cream, Joon” Oh yeah! She really likes ice cream. She even has a song with a name of it.

But we don’t have enough money with us” I said to her making her feel a bit down. My wallet is in my bag. I only have a few coins here, I’m not even sure if it’s enough to buy one for her.

These are the only one I have” I showed to her the coins then we went to the nearest convenience store.

“Thank you!” she said while enjoying her ice cream. I can see how happy she is with just a small ice cream we bought. There’s really a child in her.

“Next time, we’ll buy a bigger one because I know that one is not enough for you” I . She's busy eating her ice cream then I saw that there's ice cream stain at the side of her lips .

"....Hyuna" she turned to me and I wipe it using my hanky. It feels like eveything stopped at that moment. She was the first one to move away.

“Yah! Did you think I didn't heard what you said? I heard it!” he whined at me to remove the awkwardness.

“….When that time comes, We will eat together” she said looking at me. I feel happy that we can now talk to each other like real friends.

 

Up until we reach our location, we’re still laughing because she’s really funny and she whines a lot!

I saw my teammates happy for me. Liam even gave me thumbs up.

 

The show ended but we all became friends. I grew closer to Shinyoung and Sunny.

 

We all waved goodbye and then I saw her looking at me. She mouthed Thank you! And I smile back to her and mouthed You're always welcome!. Seeing that smile on her face melts my heart like an ice cream. I hope these can be a start of something for us.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

Finally! First solo Joonah moment here! 

Look forward to more and more.. :)) 

Share your thoughts on my story, I'll be happy to read them.

:))