Chapter 14: Rumors

No ordinary Love Story..

 

“Kim Hyuna! You’re on the hotspot again!” Jihyun unnie said to me as she is surfing the net.

“Really? About what? My stage outfit or my dance?” Being an idol, you have to endure a lot of criticism given by fans or antis. But, I’m taking them lightly, as they say you really can’t please everybody.

“Oh boy! You wouldn’t want to see this!” Jiyoon unnie joined our leader in her bed.

“Let me see” then Jihyun unnie handed me her Ipad.

 

There were a lot of articles regarding the issue.

 

“Is 4minute’s Kim Hyuna dating?”

“Kim Hyuna spotted dating!”

“Gangnam Style female lead star’s New Man!”

 

I was really shocked with everything I saw. There were even pictures posted. I can’t be wrong, it includes me and Joon. The first one is when we are eating together and the second one is when Joon walked me off after their tournament.

 

But somehow I felt relieved because of the last statement on the article.

“… The identity of the mysterious guy is yet to be known”   

 

I was speechless after I read the article.

 

“But still, they don’t his identity. Look at these pictures; they only captured Joon Oppa’s back plus it’s dark, it will be hard to be them to identify him” Sohyun said trying to cheer me up.

“But still, I should have been more careful in my actions! I should have had protected his privacy, Him… I’m the Idol, I should have known that!” I couldn’t help but blame myself with what happened.

We have another problem” Gayoon unnie told me

 

Our manager then appeared.

 

“Hyuna-ssi, Mr. Hong Seungsung (Cube Ent. President) wants to talk to you” It feels like a bomb has just exploded in front on me. I need to face him.

 

“That’s what I’m talking about!” Gayoon unnie has also that idea in mind.

 

 

I am now here outside Appa’s office. All of us artists consider him as our father whom we can rely into. I am just waiting to be called by her secretary.

 

“Hyuna-ssi…” she called me. I got up and went in.

 

There was a long silence between us. I don’t know if he’s mad or not. There is no reaction in his face. I can’t read him.

 

“Are those articles true?” he was the first one to break the silence

“Ani, appa” I answered him.

“Are those pictures true?” he asked me again. It’s getting harder and harder for me.

“Y---Yes, Appa” I don’t want to lie to him. Still, he is my father image since my parents got divorce.

“… We’re just friends and we are not dating” I said straight to the point. I know that’s what he wants to hear.

“Good! You know I trust you, right?”

I nodded.

“You’re an Idol! People always want a piece of you. They will really try to find something negative about you and your image. Be careful, next time” I could feel Appa’s authority while saying those words.

“I will, Appa. I’m sorry!” I apologized that’s all I can do this time.

“You can go…” I got up but before I go he said something.

“Know your priorities!”

 

 

It’s been hours I talked to Appa Hong. My feet brought to here in my comfort place, our Dance studio here in our company. Everytime I have problems, I always come here. I feel safe and free when I’m dancing. It feels like all my worries are gone.

 

I pressed the play button and it played a mellow song, just like what I’m feeling! I danced to it.

 

I just finished dancing and I’m sweating like hell. Then I heard someone’s voice.

 

“Wow! Still the best!” it’s none other than Beast’s rapper Yong Junhyung. We became friends really close during the promotion of my single Change. Our friendship started from there. He always looks after me. He’s one of the few guys I’m closed with. He’s like big brother to me.

“… Here!” he handed me a bottle of water.

“Thanks!” I’m really exhausted. Then I drank from it.

“So, is it true?” he opened the topic I’m avoiding

“You heard it too? What do you think?” there’s sarcasm in my voice.

“I don’t know. But what I know is you wouldn’t act this way if he’s not important to you!” he said to me looking straight to my eyes

“I’m such a failure! Because of my carelessness I might cause him trouble, a lot of trouble!” I’m still upset with myself because of it.

See?  You care for him” I didn’t answer him; well I don’t know what will I tell him.

“Come on, Cheer up! It’s getting late. You should go home. I’m sure they are looking for you” I tried to smile and got up. I almost forgot about the time. I’m sure my unnies are worried about me

 

 

*TING*

The elevator opened up. As I was walking towards our dorm, I had this strange feeling that someone is following me but as I looked back I don’t see anybody. I speed up my walking and I could feel him/her I don’t know!

Then

.

..

.

.

..

.

.

..

.

.

.

.

.

.

..

.

It all turned black!

 

**************************************************************************************

A/N:

Oh boy! What happened to Hyuna? 

How will this rumor affect Joonah's friendship?

 

Btw, we have new characters: Appa Hong and Yong Junhyung

What will be their role in Joonah's life?

 

... It's getting exciting! :))