Chapter 13: Big Day Part 2

No ordinary Love Story..

 

 

“Hyuna?” I can’t believe she made it! She really came!

I kept my word” she smiled at me

 

Now, I don’t know if I’m nervous because of the competition or because Hyuna is here in front of me.

 

“Thank you! You don’t know how happy I am” I said to her

“…. You sure you’re not busy?” I don’t want to be a burden to her. I know she has a tight schedule.

“Actually, I just had one of the unluckiest days of my life”

I gave her a confused look

“… We have a photo shoot today and guess what the lights are not yet ready so we had to wait. When we started I was second to the last one lined-up. Luckily, Jiyoon unnie traded place with me so I became second to hit the shoot. Then there’s traffic and all. Name it, I’ve experienced them all!” 

With everything she said, I’m happy that she still went her way to be here.

“I think I should thank your members!” Words are not enough to describe what I’m feeling right now.

“Are you nervous?” she asked me

“Yeah, it’s like my heart will pop out of my chest” She laughed at me.

“Don’t be! I know you can do it! Joon Fighting!” she encouraged me

 

Then Marcus showed up

 

“Joon, 5 minutes. Be ready. You’re next!” he said to add to the pressure I’m feeling.

“Okay. I’ll be there” I told him

 

Then he went out and I faced Hyuna.

 

“I’ll go ahead. Wish me luck!” I told her. I’m trying not to show that I’m dying with nervousness.

 

I was about to head off when….

 

“Joon!” she called me. I almost fainted with what she did

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

SHE GAVE ME BACK HUG! <3

 

“Are you still nervous?” I could feel the warmth in her arms.

“Not anymore. You’re already here….” I told her. I couldn’t stop my tongue from saying it to her .if only I could freeze the time… I want to stay like this forever with her.

“Goodluck!” then she ended her hug and faced me with a smile on her face.

 

Even though I haven’t really won, it feels like I’ve already won now that Hyuna is here with me today.

 

*********************************************************

 

This is it! Everything is set! I prepared myself for this! There’s no turning back…

3

2

1

GO!

I dived along with 4 other athletes from different countries. At first, I was on 4th place. I could feel my arms and legs are tight because of the tension I’m feeling. I need to loosen up. Keep calm, Joon! You can do it! Don’t fail them! I could feel the difference now. My movements are more fluid now than earlier. Because of that I came second! I won Silver in the backstroke event.

 

*****************************************************************

 

--On the side of the Zend boys---

 

“A little more! Come on, Joon!” His teammates are cheering on top of their lungs.

“Ahhhhhhhh…..” Everyone said in disappointed for Joon is only behind a few seconds to the Gold medalist.

“Wow! He’s so good!” Hyuna said in praise of Joon. She’s beside Liam.

“I’ll tell you a secret” Liam said making her lean to him

“What is it?” she asked curiously

Joon is actually SUPERMAN!” Then Hyuna punched him lightly.

“Yah!” and they both laughed

“But, seriously, he’s that good because you’re here watching him!” Hyuna can’t help but blushed.

 

 

At the end of the tournament, everyone got place and over-all Zend team won Silver considering there are just newbies in the international scene. 

 

“Hyuna-ssi, come join us in our victory party!” Liam asked her

“I really want to but I can’t. I need to go…” Then Joon walked her off to her car where her manager is waiting for her.

“Congratulations!” she said to me.

“Thank you! You made this day extra special for us” I looked at her and her beauty is highlighted with the moon’s light shining on her face.

“You’re all so good! You deserve it!” then we arrived at her car

“Goodbye, Take care on your way home!” she waved her goodbye

Yeah. Take care also” I opened the backside door for her and she went it. Before I closed it, I checked on her again.

“…Bye!” then I closed the door.

 

 

It feels great to share an important day with someone special in your heart.

 

**********************************************************************************

A/N:

First Hug! <3 

 

I'll be introducing new characters next chapter.

Who will they be?

Will they affect Joonah's growing friendship?

 

Let's all find out! :))