Memories of his past

To see you again

Not too ago he was in a very complicated relationship, since both of them are idols, it was really hard for them to show care for each other.  Eventhough they don't admit or announce to the public their relationship, most of their fans knew that he and Taeyeon are dating each other.

He adores her very much and he would give-up everything he have just to protect her.  They have been together for almost two years already, them being in the same agency was a good thing since they can spend time together during practice and performances. Most of all, they can spend time together during their out-of-the-country concerts, but as much as they both love each other, thier relationship wasn't easy and sometime their schedules are tearing them apart.

"Oppa, Mianhe, I can't see you tonight, we have to finish recording practicing our dance step for our comeback."  Teayeon said to Leeteuk on the phone.

"Still? you have been practising for the past week already, day and night, you're still not done? its our anniversary, can't you come out just for a little while?" Leeteuk insisted, he understand her situation but today is a special day, it's their 2 years anniversay and he wants to celebrate it even with just a cake and bottle of champagne.  he only needs an hour or two.

"Oppa, you know how things are before an idol make a comeback.  The schedule is really hectic and the stress is over my head already. I can't handle another stress from you too."  She whinned at him, she also feels really tired but at this point of her life, career is more important for her than her lovelife.

"Oppa, we've already talked about this since the start of our relationship.  The group comes first, then us." she remimded him, it also pains her to say those words but she knew that if the situation is different he would also pick his group.  At this point, girl's generation is just gaining international attention, and this is not the time to slack, the competition is just to tight.

"Oppa, are you still there?" she asked.

"Arrasso, continue with your practice, Call me when you have time." with that he ended the call.

Leeteuk found himself on his bedroom trying to calm himself, he didn't knew his feelings for Teayeon would grow this deep.  The first time he saw her, he thought that she is so cute and charming, having a relationship is not on his mind but somehow their feelings for each other grew more and more. And now that she have reminded her of where he stands on their priority, it hurts him that he's just on her second priority.

Two years ago, they would be on the same frame of mind, the group comes first, period, but now, for him, she comes first and then the group. What can he do, he's in trouble, his heart feels like breaking all of a sudden.  He can feels its inevitability.

Three months have past since their last conversation, they met in a cafe sitting face to face.

"Oppa, are you mad at me?" Teayeon asked.

"Ani" he answered.

"Why aren't you looking at me then?"

"Taeyeon-ah, you how much I love you right?" he asked. "You know how I value your happiness, more than mine."

"Oppa."

"Taeyeon-ah, this is not easy for me but I think we have to break up.  We need to focus on our careers, our fans haven't really accepted us and we also have some haters. Your group is now going internationally famous and we can't always be like this."

"Oppa."

"Being just friends would be much more easy for us to work together. Let's just be friends and support each other. I know you understand me. In time, maybe we can see if we really are for each other."

"Oppa." that is all she can say, he's right, I can't even counter his statement.  Her group needs her to be focused specially now, but her heart is also aching for him, she wants to hug him for she could see how hurt he is but she refrain herself because she knew this is the right thing to do, for both of them.

"Goodbye, Taeyeon-sshii."  with that he stood and started  to walk away from her, he was hoping she would stop him but to no avail and it hurt him like hell. Teayeon-ah, please stop me, tell me how much you need me, he thought, he already reached the door of the cafe but still she didn't stopped him.  He took a deep breath and convince himself not to look back. Goodbye, Taeyeon.