Ultimatum

To see you again

As Leeteuk and Sora parted their lips from their kiss, Leeteuk caressed Sora’s cheek very tenderly while Sora’s eyes are still closed savoring the kiss they had shared, suddenly Leeteuk’s phone rings.

“Yeoboseyo” Leeteuk answered.

“Hyung, you need to come to the dorm now. We have a problem.” Eunhyuk said in a serious voice.

Leeteuk sighed and answered “Ne, I’ll be there.”  He already knew what Eunhyuk means, whenever the group have problems that they need to solve immediately they meet and discussed the problem, rumors, scandals, personal problems, everything, they take it as one big family.

Leeteuk looked at Sora who now has a questioning but understanding eyes, “Yeobo, I need to go now” he said.

“Ne, you should” she said as she stood up to take Leeteuk to the door.

“How are you going to go home?”

“Don’t worry Oppa, I can manage; I’ll just take a cab.”

“Are you sure? Maybe we should call your manager to pick you up, I’m not comfortable with you in a cab alone”

“Ani, I can manage Oppa” she said. “I’ll send you a message when I get home” assuring him that she will be ok.

“Arasso” he agreed. “Good night then, come give Oppa a hug”

Sora obliged and gave Leeteuk a goodbye hug; she smiled at him trying to hide her anxiousness. When she heard Eunhyuk’s call her heart stopped, she can somehow feel that she is part of their problem.  She waved goodbye to Leeteuk before closing the door and called a cab to take her home.

At SUJU’s dorm, almost all of the members are already in the living room when Leeteuk arrived.  It was very quiet and he feel the tension in the room, his gaze roam around the room and he has taken aback when he saw Lee Soo Man sitting in a chair.  This is serious, he thought, as his heart beat raised a notch.

“Good evening” he greeted.

“You have come Leeteuk-ssi” Lee Soo Man answered. “We can now start the meeting” he said and started to stand up.

“When you guys are still in training, do you remember what you have promised me?” he asked. Nobody wants to answer him; all of them just lowered their head.

 “Leeteuk-ssi, don’t you remember?” he directed the question to Leeteuk.

“Sir, we promised to keep super junior as our number 1 priority” he answered.  “We promised to work hard to attain our common dream of becoming an idol superstar.”

“And as the number 1 priority, you also promised to stay focused on your career, am I right?” LSM asked again.

“Yes Sir”

“You know that I have all your actions monitored right? That I know your each and everyone’s movements and you can’t lie to me”

“Yes Sir” everybody answered in a low voice.

“Very well, I am just reminding you that everything you have is because of our combined effort. You need to remember that SUJU comes first before anything else, even before love” LSM said and looked at Leeteuk’s direction.  “All of you may go to your rooms now, Leeteuk, let’s talk”

All of the members simultaneously looked at Leeteuk, concern can be seen in their eyes. Leeteuk looked at them assuring them that it will be ok, but inside he felt scared and he suddenly thought of Sora.

Leeteuk and Lee Soo Man are left alone in the living room and silence surrounds them. 

“Leeteuk, you know that I like you.  And I understand your situation and I thought you knew better.” LSM said after the moment of silence.  “I shouldn’t be telling this already because of all the hardships that you have gone through during your training days until now. 

Leeteuk remained silent, not knowing what to say.

“And because of that hardships, I want to ask you one question” he paused for a while. “Are you willing to let everything go and disappoint your members just because of one woman?” he asked.

Again Leeteuk remained silent and his head bowed down, what do you want me to say? He asked himself, he felt so confused right now, one moment he was so happy to be with the woman he love but now he is being judged and questioned because of the same woman.

“Don’t get me wrong I have also been in love” LSM continued “but then, I knew my priorities and I stick to it. I didn’t let anyone become a hindrance for my success.  Can you also do that, Leeteuk-ssi?”

“Sir, with all due respect” Leeteuk started. “When super juniors are just starting, we had a lot of haters and detractors, but we prove them wrong, we proved ourselves, and little by little, we reached our dreams.”

Leeteuk paused for a while as he wanted to calm himself so as to better explain the situation.

“When I met Sora, I wasn’t looking for love at all but then she made me realize what I have been missing in life. All this time, I devote myself to the members, I became their brother, their confidant, their leader and I was happy to be that for them but then again deep inside I was empty, a shallow, floating spirit with no home” he paused trying to emphasize his true feelings. “But she made me realize that there is more to life, that I can still have a life outside this business. I know I promised you to be focused and to prioritize the group, but so far, have I neglected my duties as their leader?” he asked and waited for a reply but Lee Soo Man remained silent.

“I still an Leeteuk, the super junior leader that you can trust, but better, because I am now happy. ”He continued.  “Please give me chance to prove our relationship.” He pleaded.

“And what about your fans? You might lose them because of Sora” LSM pointed out.

“Sora and I agreed to make it an underground relationship for the meantime since both of us are celebrities, but in time, we plan also to announce it, when the fans are ready.” Leeteuk said.

“I can still remember you being in love with Taeyeon, you had the relationship secret from me for almost 2 years and when I’m finally about to confront you I learned the relationship ended, that’s when I started to make sure I knew most of all my talents’ activities. You weren’t that happy that time.”LSM said sincerely.

“What Taeyeon and I had was not meant to last, that time both of us are still on our way to reach our dreams and on the way we just kind of lost each other. We were just kids back then and we had a lot to learn, I’ve grown already and now I can be man who loves a woman” he said meaningfully.

“Arasso, I can I understand but I will closely monitor you and if something come up and you lose focus I will not let that relationship ruin super junior” LSM said with authority. “Don’t disappointment me or I will make you leave Sora wheter you like it or not.”

“I understand Sir” was all Leeteuk can say, but he is determined to prove him wrong just like what SUJU did.