To see you again

To see you again

It was a cold windy afternoon, leaves falling from the trees are scattered everywhere. I gazed as a leaf slowly swayed from the wind and very slowly lands on my lap. I stared at the leaf as if all my energy is focused on it.

 

I look at my watch, it's half past five already. I've been sitting in this park bench since two in the afternoon, and I still can't believe how time flies so fast. Has it really been five years? I've spent 22 months inside the military and the last 3 years were spent on our comeback, album releases and concerts. All this time, there is only one person that keeps me going.

 

Things haven't been easy for him, his comeback wasn't easy and now he's feeling very tired, is this what I really wanted for myself? He sighed at the thought, and then I realized how our fans loves us, how ELF kept their faith to super juniors, and he felt a little relief, yes I've been doing just right. This is where I'm supposed to be, with the love of my ELFs.

 

He took a deep breath and looked at his watch again, its five minutes to six o clock. His palms begin to sweat, his heart beats a little faster, and it’s been five years since I saw her. Ahh, I can't breathe, I'm so nervous. I let out a sigh and looked around the park trying to find her.

 

30 minutes past 6 o clock. Has she forgotten what we have promised each other? He shut his eyes hard, this is torture. He still remembers how she cried the last time he saw her.

“Oppa, I don't think I can do this, not being able to be with you, not seeing you, it's too hard I can't do this.” Sora's eyes are filled with tears as she looked in his eyes, both of them filled with love for each other.

“Yeobo, we have to do this, we can do this, our love will guide us.” His voice is now cracking up, he needs to be strong for her, he can't cry, he won't cry, for both of them he will be strong.

“Oppa… Oppa… how am I able to do this? I'm scared... I don't want to lose you.” Sora sobbed on his shoulders.

“You won't lose me, I love you, you hear me? I'll be fine inside the army, you'll do well in your career and after 5 years we will be together, forever.  Look at me yeobo, there's no doubt in my heart that we can do this. Saranghe....” And he kissed her lips deep and passionately.

“I have to go now yeobo, take care of yourself, I'll come back for you I promise.” And with that he slowly walks away, with heavy steps he forced himself not to look back and let the tears he's been holding back to fall on his checks. Ahhh, I can do this, I love you Kang Sora-sshi wait for me please, he prayed.

 

7 o’clock, he stared at his watch, this can't be happening. Ahhh, the nervousness he feels is now replaced with anxiety, no; she'll be here, he told himself and tried to calm his heart.

 

Inside a white car, Sora's been so worried, of all the days how could she be stuck in this mess? Her schedule for the day has been delayed, and now there's an accident causing this terrible traffic. I should've cancelled my entire schedule today, I should have.

 

She closed her eyes trying to calm herself, oh god please let him wait a little longer. She could still remember how her heart was broken the day she last saw him. She could still vividly picture his back as he slowly walks away from her, and from the slow shake of his shoulders she knows how he’s been holding back his tears so that he could be strong for both of them.

 

Aissst, she suddenly opens her eyes, this won’t do, I can't let him go like this, I've waited for so long and I can't wait any longer. She opens the car door to the surprise of her driver and manager.”I can't wait any longer it's just a few blocks away, I'll just run” she told her manager. “But the fans might recognize you, here put use this scarf”, as he hands her the red scarf she used in today’s photo shoot.  He understands how she feels, and she has his support.  She took it at covered her face as she runs the sidewalk leading to where her man is.

 

Each step is making her heart beats faster making it hard for her to breathe. At last, she reached the entrance of the park, but she suddenly stopped; what if he forgets? Can she take it? Her knees become weak and she needed to something to hold on to. All the emotions pouring onto her are too much; she needs to calm down a bit. Breathe, Sora, breathe… the told herself as she closed her eyes.  With all her strength, she tried to compose herself and try to stand firmly and slowly started to walk inside the park. This is it, the moment of truth, she slowly walks towards the big tree, and next to it is their favorite bench.  They love it because it was a hidden and they can freely talk and hold each other’s hand without anyone noticing them, and privacy is very important to them.

 

15 minutes before 8 o’clock.

Leeteuk’s heart is heavier now, he’s been here for 6 hours now, and maybe she forgot, maybe something happened to her. He suddenly rose to his feet at the thought, what if something bad happened to her on the way? And with a swift move, he turn to run, he needs to find out. As he turned, he was stunned at this beautiful lady standing just behind the tree.  Am I dreaming? Is this my beloved Sora?