Surprise!

I Can Only Love You

*English Itilicized.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  Alice woke up early on a Sunday morning. Her head pounded and she groaned. Crap, stupid Shouji make me try sake and now I have a headache, she looked around and found herself lying on top of Yamaa. Tauru was on the floor and Shouji laid on the couch. She shook her head and tried getting up and off Yamaa without waking him.

  She couldn’t help but smile. The past week had been really fun, and last night, to celebrate, the four decided to go and reminisce about the best moments like old people. But what was weird was that Shouji said the sake he brought was the type even kids could have on new years, and there they lay passed out drunk.

  Alice wobbled, hung over from the night before. She had been the last one to pass out, but something told her she needed to wake up. Something about that day was important. Oh yeah… Adriel and Belle are coming today! She tried jumping and shouting in joy but only managed a groan.

  In the end she settled with serving ice cold water for the guys and began brewing some tea. Eventually, one by one the guys got up and sat on the stools, heads on the counter.

  “What the heck Shouji,” whispered Tauru. Wasn’t that sake supposed to light or something?”

  “Yeah, I feel like crap,” complained Yamaa. “And I have to do so many things today!”

  “Keep it down,” Alice hissed, rubbing her temples.

  Shouji looked at the two big empty bottles of sake. His eyes suddenly got big, and laughed with effort.

  “N, ano,” he looked at the group, scared. “I accidently grabbed the hardcore sake…”

  “Huh???” all three looked at him with surprise.

  “No wonder I got drunk with the third cup,” Tauru shot Shouji a glare.

  “Shouji with about two and half and me with four…” Yamaa shook his head, only to end up wincing. “But Alice.”

  “But Alice…” the other two looked at Alice.

  “But me what?” Alice stepped back, confused.

  “Didn’t you drink 10 cups or so?” Yamaa asked.

  “I think so?” Alice served the tea. “Why?”

  “You didn’t get drunk until cup 10?” Tauru said incredulously.

  “Wow, you can hold your liquor,” Shouji complimented.

  “I’ve never drunk before,” Alice ignored their gazes.

  “Wow,” said Shouji again.

  “Whatever,” Alice started making breakfast.

  “I’m putting on my sunglasses,” Tauru went in search of his bag. “It’s too bright.”

  “Me too,” Shouji followed suit.

  “Want me to fetch yours?” Yamaa asked Alice.

  “Yeah, and you should get one of the guys to get earplugs,” Alice was chopping some vegetables.

  “I have some,” Yamaa got up. “What you making?”

  “It’s a surprise,” she winked and Yamaa disappeared.

 

  “It looks good!” Shouji looked at the plate before him.

  “Yeah…” Tauru didn’t look so sure. “What is it?”

  “It’s called chilaquiles,” Alice smiled. “It’s a Mexican dish.”

  “Ah,” all three said.

  “Itadakimasu!” they all said.

  There was complete silence as they all took the first bite. Then, at the same time, Alice and Yamaa shouted, “Oichi!”

  “Uwah!” Shouji said. “It’s good!”

  “You two are so funny!” Tauru lauged at Alice’s and Yamaa’s synchronized ‘oichi’.

  “Shh!” Shouji suddenly said. “Too loud.”

  Alice, Yamaa and Tauru laughed. They all had ear plugs but Shouji. It was their revenge for getting them drunk. Shouji covered his ears and winced. All of them were wearing sunglasses as they ate, so they looked and felt ridiculous.

  “When is your sister arriving?” Yamaa asked.

  “Around noon, Alice was picking up the dishes.

  “Ah, too bad,” Yamaa began washing the dishes. Tauru and Shouji were cleaning the living room. “I have to leave at nine. Tauru will drive you, and Shouji will come with me.”

  “Oh, yeah,” Alice was wiping the counter. “I haven’t told her I’m living with you…”

  “Hey!” Yamaa almost broke the last plate as he dried it. “Nande?”

  “When we talked last,” Alice kept her face blank. “it just never came up?”

  “Are you going to tell her when you pick her up?” Yamaa dried his hands and looked at Alice expectantly.

  “Yeah,” Alice shrugged. “After all, they’re staying here and they need to know who I’m living with.”

  “But still,” Yamaa complained.

  “Whatever,” Alice began walking to her room. “You should get ready soon, it’s eight right now.”

  “Are you serious!” Yamaa ran past her to his room. Yamaa had to make sure his room was neat and shower. “Shouji! We got 45 minutes!”

  “Crap!” Shouji yelped. And then a whine. He still didn’t have ear plugs like the other three; making both Alice and Tauru laugh, causing more pain for Shouji.

  Aw, sweet revenge, Alice thought.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  Yamaa was really looking forward to meeting Alice’s younger sister. Maybe he could find out more about her.

  Being the busy person that he was though, he would have to wait. The girls might be asleep when he got back, and he would have to get up early the next day. He sighed and Shouji shot him a worried glance as he drove. Shouji was still struggling a little with the hangover, but at least it was a little better. A little.

  “Shouji!” Yamaa suddenly yelled when they were stopped at a red light, causing the poor defenseless Shouji to jump and groan in pain.

  “Shh,” he frowned at the laughing Yamaa. “It’s way—wait. I thought you were also feeling the hangover? Earlier you were complaining about it being too loud.”

  “What?” Yamaa could hear him. Barely. He did have earplugs and Shouji was whispering.

  “You, and Tauru…” Shouji continued driving. “And Alice! Why do you still wear sunglasses but don’t struggle with sound as much?”

  “You just noticed?” Yamaa laughed. “We got earplughes!”

  “You guys ,” Shouji groaned at Yamaa sudden raised voice. Yamaa handed him the last of the earplugs. “Thanks, better late than never I guess.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Japanese and Korean italicized

  Alice and Tauru were waiting in Heneda Airport Tokyo Japan for the arrival of Adriel and Belle. Alice kept pacing back and forth, constantly looking at her watch. It had been a while since she’d seen Adriel and Belle, and couldn’t contain her excitement. But she did. It was too bright for her and Tauru, so they wore sunglasses still. But they felt that even with the sunglasses, it was still too bright.

  “Calm down Alice,” Tauru grabbed her arm. She was making feel a little dizzy. “Besides, you’re making me dizzy.

  “Sorry,” Alice took out the earplugs. “I have to be able to listen well for the girls…it’s all soo loud!

  “Take it easy, the plan arrived a few minutes ago,” Tauru smirked. “They should be here any minute.”

  “It’s all so loud,” Alice rubbed he temples. “I’m never trusting Shouji with my drinks again…

  “Alice!” two loud and familiars rang through her ever aching head.

  “Adriel! Belle!” Alice hugged the girls, wincing behind their backs. Tauru just laughed at her.

  “I’m so happy we got to come!”Adriel said, but to Alice it felt as if she were yelling in her ears.

  “Shh,” she put a finger over her lips. “Too loud.” Tauru was laughing really hard now. “Tauru, knock it off!

  The two younger girls looked at Tauru curiously, that is, after giving Alice a puzzled one.

  “Onee-chan, is this your host brother or something?”Adriel asked.

  “No,” Alice was still wincing. “He’s a friend of my host. He had to work today. And actually, my host is…”

  “Belle!” a boy appeared, followed by four others. Alice gaped.

  “Adriel!” another boy called.

  “Thought we told you to wait,” one of the other boys put an arm around Adriel. They were speaking in Korean.

  “Oppa!” Belle teased the guy with the arm around Adriel.

  Oh. My. Gosh. Alice still had hanging open. They came.

  “Alice, are you okay?” Tauru put a hand on her shoulder. Alice nodded.

  “Nee-chan,” Adriel pulled the guys along with her. “Sorry, I didn’t tell you, but they wanted to surprise you.”

  “Eeto…” Alice glared at Adriel momentarily. “Tauru, are we going to fit? In the car I mean.

  “Wait,” Tauru frowned. “All of them? I mean, yeah, we’ll all fit.”

  “Adriel,” Alice tried getting her earplugs out of her pocket. She couldn’t take it anymore, but to make things worse, her sunglasses fell. “Oh my gosh it’s too bright!”

  “Alice,” Belle handed her the glasses. “Are you okay?”

  “We’ll talk in the car,” Alice said thank you and led the way with Tauru to the car as fast as possible. Last thing they wanted was to attract too much attention.

 

  “We’re in Japan again!” the youngest boy jumped in his seat.

  “Taeminnie,” one of the boys placed a hand on the younger boy. “Quiet down please.”

  “Nee-chan,” Adriel sat behind Alice while the last of the luggage was put away. “Did you drink alcohol?”

  “Yeah,” Alice sighed. “Shouji brought the wrong sake and we all got drunk by accident, so shh.”

  “So you’re a drinker?” one of the boys asked haughtily. He was blonde.

  “I am not!” Alice snapped. She was beginning to feel a little better.

  “Alice, we’re headed to the apartment, right?” Tauru suddenly asked.

  “Yeah,” Alice thought for a bit. “When we get there, can you call Yamaa and tell him about… them? See if they can stay or not.

  “Sure,” Tauru focused on driving again. He was still feeling a little pain from drinking the other night.

  The group in the back was mostly silent, except for snickers here and there. They must be hungry, Alice thought. What should we eat? Alice pondered during the rest of the drive home. Well, there’s still plenty of chicken… Alice had decided to not put chicken on the chilaquiles in the end, and for that she was glad.

  “We’re here!” Alice got off and helped the group unload.

  Soon they were headed up to the apartment. There was some ‘oo’s’ and ‘ah’s’ when Alice led them inside.

  “You didn’t tell me your host family was rich,” Adriel glanced around.

  “Well that’s because my host is—” Alice was quickly cut off.

  “Alice,” Tauru entered soon after. “I can’t get a hold of Yamaa-sama and I have to go. You’ll be okay?

  “Yeah, thanks for driving us,” Alice watched him go, realizing Adriel had totally gotten lost with the Japanese and hadn’t heard Yamaa’s name at all.

  “Alice,” Belle tugged at Alice’s sleeve. “They want to officially meet you.”

  She looked at Belle confused for a second. Then it dawned on her. The boys! They were lined from tallest to shortest. Adriel grabbed her hand and placed her in front of the tallest guy.

  “Nee-chan, this is Minho,” Adriel backed up and watched.

  “Nice to meet you Minho!” Alice bowed.

  “Nice to meet you too Alice,” Minho gave her a charming, charismatic smile.

  “I’m the almighty Key!” interrupted Key.

  Alice laughed. “The diva,” Key laughed. “And the umma.”

  “Onew here,” he gave her a warm, brilliant smile. “Nice to finally meet you!”

  The boys were no longer in a line. They were really excited to finally meet their newest member’s sister and friend. Alice was thankful for the earplugs as they crowded around her.

  “I’m Taemin!” he pushed forward, looking all cute.

  “And we’re SHINee!” they all exclaimed. Well, all but one.

  “Wait,” Belle popped up. “Where’s Jonghyun- oppa?”

  “Here!” Adriel dragged the blonde boy forward. “he was hiding for some reason.”

  “I was not hiding!” the blondie denied. “I was just… uh…”

  Alice stepped forward to look at him better and Jonghyun froze, mumbling something. Alice suddenly felt a little shy when she stood before the boy.

  “Nice to me-meet you,” he stuttered. Key said something in Korean and others laughed.

  “Nice… t-to  meet yo-you too,” Alice blushed.

  “Nee-chan!” Adriel teased.

  “Oh, callate,” Alice said in Spanish. (A/N: callate = shut up)

  “Um, Alice,” Alice turned to Jonghyun. “Can I—we, I mean we, see your eyes?”

  “Huh,” oh! Alice was still wearing the sunglasses. “I guess…”

  Alice took off her glasses, blinking quickly. She was still a little sensitive, but the light didn’t bother her as much as it did earlier. Slowly, she looked up at the five expectant boys. Their eyes widened in amazement and they all smiled.

  “Beautiful,” Jonghyun breathed. The group snickered.

  “Thank you,” Alice blushed and looked down.

  “Do- don’t look down,” Jonghyun lifter her chin up. “I really… I really like your eyes… so, um, don’t hide your face.”

  “Man, hyung,” Taemin spoke up. “That was so much like a drama.”

  Jonghyun dropped his hand, looked down, face turning red. As for Alice, she was turning even redder.

  “So,” Key broke the awkward silence. “Where are we all staying?”

  “Well…” Alice was glad at the change of topic. “The girls are sleeping in my room, but as for you guys…”

  “I’m sorry,” Key bowed. “We should have told you we were coming as well.”

  “It’s okay,” Alice smiled. “For now you boys can put your things in one of the xtra romms until I can get a hold of Ya—”

  “Onew!” Adriel snapped.

  “But…” Onew was in the kitchen.

  “No buts!” both Key and Adriel said.

  “I swear I know there’s chicken in here!” Onew whined as Minho dragged him back.

  “Wow,” Alice giggled. She put her hand up like Jonghyun did when he laughed. Adriel smiled, noticing it.

  Belle whispered something Onew  and they both looked at Adriel and Key, snickering. “Really you two?” Key gave them a glare. “I still don’t get what’s so funny!”

  Minho sighed and Taemin looked, innocent? Well, he usually did, so it was okay.

  “Are you guys hungry?” Alice finally asked.

  “Yeah!” they all chorused.

  “Okay, good,” they looked at her puzzled. “I’m going to make something I know you’ll all like. Specially Onew… oppa?”

  “Yes!” Onew gave her a huge smile. “It includes chicken, right?” To the rest he said. “First to be called oppa! Yay!

  Everyone rolled their eyes but smiled. Alice led them to the rooms so they could put away their stuff. While the boys got organized, the girls quickly went into the kitchen. Belle and Adriel helped Alice with some things, but other than that they stayed out of her way. They knew better than to get in her way when she cooked.

  “Do you like Jonghyun?” Belle asked suddenly. “I know he’s your biased from before we met them.”

  Alice kept her composure; after all, she loved to act. “Do you like Taemin?” she shot back.

  Adriel laughed. Alice never failed to turn the table in a conversation. Belle was gawking at Alice. After a few minutes she composed herself.

  “Why do you say that?” Belle was unable to trun the tables. She knew Alice wouldn’t let it go so easily, leaving Belle trapped.

  “It’s obvious,” Alice kept working while the girls sat on the stools by the counter. “I can see it in your body language.”

  “You’re still good,” Adriel acknowledged. “Considering you’re still the same dateless Al.”

  “Don’t get me started on you,” Alice warned her. “Oh, yeah, Tomoya-kun sends his regards to the two of you.”

  “Oh,” Belle and Adriel gave her a wry look. “The one who we grew up with?”

  “Don’t joke,” Alice sighed.

  “Alice,” Belle leaned in. “He was in love you for the longest time. I was so sure you two were going to end up together.”

  “Me too,” Adriel pointed at Alice. “But honestly? I’m glad you didn’t.”

  “Adriel?” Alice and Belle looked at her, surprised.

  “It’s not that I don’t like him,” Adriel defended herself. “It’s just in the end it wouldn’t have worked out. He’s not the one for you. I just didn’t feel the whole chemistry thing between the two. He doesn’t suit you.”

  “Oh, so you know who does?” Alice asked haughtily.

  “Mmm…” Adriel smiled. “I might. But I’m not telling.”

  “It smells good,” Minho came in followed by the rest.

  “Chicken!” Onew looked for the chicken. “Wait, where is it?”

  “Onew and his chicken,” Alice laughed. “Take a seat at the table. I’ll be right out with the food.”

  They all went ahead, or so she thought. Jonghyun had decided to stay and sit on a stool, watching her. Alice jumped, startled when she noticed him, surprised at the quiet Jonghyun. Her right hand laid over her fast beating heart.

  “You startled me,” Alice was reaching up in the cupboard for some plates, but couldn’t quite reach. Jonghyun came up behind her and grabbed the plates for her. “Thank you. Um, you can go with the others you know.”

  “I’ll help you carry the stuff in,” he placed the plates on the counter. He stood right behind her. Alice turned slowly, and looked up at Jonghyun.

  “T-thanks,” Alice looked away embarrassed.

  The two gathered the things and awkwardly made it to the dining room. Everyone was talking cheerily when they entered, but quieted down when the two walked in with the food.

  “Tacos!” Belle exclaimed.

  “SHINee,” Aliced cleared . “These are ‘tacos dorados’ or golden tacos. They’re obviously Mexican, but please enjoy! Us girls will show you how to prepare them right.”

  Once they were all served, they dug in. Everyone was happy as they gobbled up the food, totally loving it.

  “This is great!” exclaimed Onew as he bit into his second taco.

  “Rwedy yamy,” agreed Tamein with his mouth full.

  “Taemin! Finish chewing before you speak!” Adriel and Key reprimanded him at the same time. Onew and Belle gave each other a look and smiled more than they already were.

  “Oh, I get it,” Alice suddenly said.

  “Get what nee-chan?” Adriel cocked her head.

  “Why Belle and Onew are always whispering and laughing,” Alice smirked. Belle and Onew glanced at each other, Belle more wary of Alice than Onew. “And why Key and Minho are frustrated and why Jonghyun and Adriel seem so united. Oh, and Tamein’s innocent look for the moment?”

  They all looked Alice in amazement and bewilderment. Belle seemed uneasy, Adriel pensive. All the boys but two, seemed skeptical. Key and Minho looked at her for answers.

  “Should I reveal the secrets?” Alice raised an eyebrow.

  “Yes!” two said in time with;

  “No!” from the rest.

  “Hmm…” Alice leaned back on her chair. “This will be fun.”

 

  After having eaten, Alice took them all to karaoke and an arcade. They got back at the apartment around 9 p.m., still excited at the fact they were all together. Instead of going to sleep, they stayed up, watching movies and playing games. They were sure having a blast.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  Yamaa was exhausted when Shouji dropped him off at his place. He was grateful he knew how to act well, or else everyone would have known he’d been drunk. Not good at all for Johny’s. Shouji on the other hand was teased a lot and a little reprimanded. He was a bodyguard after all.

  Tauru had been sent around to run some errands for some of the other members of NEWS, so no word from him. I do have some missed calls, Yamaa finally checked his phone. He listened to the voicemail, surprised by what Tauru had to say. He hurried to open the door to his apartment, wondering if they were all still up. It was nearly midnight anyways.

  But now, they were still up. He could hear them as he walked inside. They probably hadn’t him enter at all, and they hadn’t. They were playing a game and laughing. Yamaa had researched SHINee after Alice mentioned them and her sister.

  Alice sat between her sister and Jonghyun. It was so obvious they were flirting, and Yamaa felt irritated by it. He stood there, with his arms crossed over his chest, foot tapping the floor, waiting to see how long it took them to notice he was there.

  Adriel looked up and gasped, catching everyone’s attention. They all turned to look at what, or rather whom she was looking at. Belle recognized him, but they boys looked a little more puzzled.

  “Nee-chan…” Adriel began.

  “You didn’t tell them?” Yamaa worked to keep his cool. “In my room Alice. Now.”

  “Alice…” Adriel looked at her sister worriedly.

  “I tried telling you sooner,” Alice watched Yamaa’s retreating back. He was okay with them being at his place. What bugged him was how close Alice seemed to the blonde boy. “Surprise?” she heard Alice’s footsteps.

  He was jealous.

  Jealous because he liked Alice.

  A LOT.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I finally updated this one! Yay!

It took me so long to type it, and I'm sorry I wasn't able to put it up before I left.

But I'm back!

Anyways, story. What do you think?

SHINee came with Adriel and Belle and Yamaa finally speaks his feelings... well to himself, but better than nothing so far right?

And what's up with Alice and Jonghyun?

And the whole groups whisperings? Well, you can find out by reading:

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/43953/confessions-of-an-american-fangirl-drama-korean-romance-shinee-sliceoflife

It adds more flavor to it all.

 

So don't forget!

Read, comment, subscribe and share with your friends!

I really love feedback, so don't be scared! Tell me wha you think!

Teaser for next Chapter:

"Let's stay like this for a little longer," Alice whispered when he began pulling away. At her request, his heart swelled in sheer joy and held her tightly.