Truth Is...

I Can Only Love You

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  "Ello Alish," Yamaa greeted her when he saw her. "Shou loog well"

  Alice stood frozen. She couldn't believe her eyes. People who were on the street gave disapproving glances at Yamaa, making Alice snap into action. She walked up to Yamaa, put one of his arms on her shoulders and wrapped her arm around his waist. She crunched up her nose at the stong smell of liquor and smoke that clung to him. She made him stand up as straight as possible and walked into the building, giving side long glances at her host. She tried to make it appear as if they were both fine, for Yamaa's sake. Once in the apartment, she led him to his room and tried laying him down, only to fall on top of him. She tried getting up, but he tightened his arm around her.

  "Yon't go," he slurred.

  "You're drunk," she hissed.

  "Doue no?" he asked, "Why him?"

  Alice stopped struggling and looked at him, "Nani?"

  "Don't go," he said again, clearer now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALICE'S P.O.V.

  I tried standing again, but his grip tightened even more around my waist. My heart was pounding on my chest, making me feel as if it were about to jump out through my throat.

  "Y-you're not thinking clearly," I choked out.

  "Ma-Maki," Yamaa whispered, and my heart dropped. "I-I-"

  "Let go!" this time I used all  my strength and jumped away from him, "Maki isn't here." My body was trembling, "Sorry I'm not her!"

  "I don't love her," I whipped around to face him. He was sitting up now, looking at me, eyes seemingly focused. "I don't love Maki."

  "But you're dating her, aren't you?!" I cried out.

  He wobbled as he slowly rose to his feet. "Appearances," He took a step towards me, then away. "You, today, I'm sorry." A tear slipped down his cheek. "I shouldn't have done what I did today, if you like him," He threw his hands up, frustrated, and all I could do was watch. "I want you to be happy." He finally sat on the bed once again, "But with me, not him."

  "What are you saying?" my eyes widened, "Y-you're drunk. You don't know what you're saying."

  "I want to say it," Yamaa seemed to be speaking to himself.

  "I'm going to get you some water," quickly, I suin on my heel and walked into his bathroom.

  "She'll reject me," I heard him wail from his bed. "She loves him, not me. Not me."

  "Drink this," I walked back to him and sat beside him, handing him the glass of water.

  In silence I watched him drink greedily, obviously dehydrated. When he finished, he set the cup down on the nightstand with a loud *thud* making me jump. Before I knew what was happening, I was on my back and he was on top of me, grabbing my wrists and pinning them down on either side of my head, his face barely a foot away from mine.

  "Ya-Yamaa," I tried struggling to free myself, but he had a firm grip on me.

  "Do you love him?" he asked.

  "Why do you care?" I spat back.

  "Answer the question!" he leaned in closer, making my breath hitch.

  "No..." I whispered. His breath, I realize, doesn't smell like alcohol, " Y-you're drunk?"

  "But you like him a lot," he was right next to my right ear.

  "I do," it was the truth, "But..."

  "But what?" his head snapped up to look me in the eye.

  He was drunk. He wouldn't remember if I told him. "But I'm in love with Yamaa Tomohisa."

  He froze on top of me, then, letting go of one of my hands, he blanched. Soon he was in the bathroom, puking again. I followed him, and kneeled beside him, helping to keep his hair out of his face. He started to shake, and I began to panick, but then I realized he's laughing.

  "I'm not drunk," he said between laughs, "Food poisoning."

  I jumped away from him, my face red with embarrasment. "Y-you tricked me!"

  He stood up slowly and turned to the sink, wiping his mouth with toilet paper. Without saying a word, he the faucet and rinsed his face and mouth. I just stood there, speechless, as he brushed his teeth.

  Finally, I fled.

  I couldn't believe what I had just said. But before making it out the door, I was picked up and pinned to the bed once again. He loomed over me for the second time, and I could feel my face burn as if it were on fire.

  "You love me?" he asked finally. "Are you really in love with me?"

  I couldn't lie. it was far too late for that, so I nodded quickly. His eyes widened and his grip loosened on my wrists. But I didn't move this time; I didn't try running away. He leaned in closer and closer, stopping only centimeters away. I closed my eyes tight, waves of confusion running through my mind.

  "I love you too," our noses touched and my eyes fly open to stare into his.

  "Are you sure you're not drunk?" I mumbled.

  "Alice, I'm in love with you," he repeated.

  My heart skiped a beat as I gazed into his eyes, realization of what he'd just said sinking in.

  "H-honto?" and before he could answer, I kissed him quickly.

  "Oh, Um, I, uh, I'm.."

  But this time, when he kissed me, I responded. The kiss quickly became more and more heated and soon I tangled my fingers into his hair. When we pulled apart, he kissed my jaw line, cheek, down my neck. I arched my neck, tring to pull him closer to me. Soon our lips met again, and our bodies pressed closer together, making me let out a small moan.

  That's when it ended. We both pulled away from each other, breathing hard and fast. I rolled from underneath him and leapt off the bed, running out of the room, into my own, and shutting my door behind me.

  This time he didn't come after me.

  "Too far," I gasped for breath, shocked. I glanced at the clock: 4:01 AM.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YAMAA'S P.O.V.

  I remembered the night she'd been on the phone with her sister at the hotel in Kyoto. I had wondered at the conversation she'd had and why'd she'd cried and sang one of my songs. I couldn't believe it was me she'd been talking about. She'd known of me for a long time and fell in love with me before she even met me. I only had just met her, no longer than two weeks, and I was crazy in love with her. I had fallen the moment I laid eyes on her in that alley.

  I touched my lips with my fingers, remembering the way hers had felt against mine. My eyes widened. Our feelings were out in the open now, but what did that mean for the two of us? We couldn't date in public; after all, I was "dating" Maki. And I still had to figure out how I was going to go about ending that. There was so much I needed to figure out and deal with in order to be with Alice. But for the moment, I would ask her to date me in secret. We could go on dates; everyone would just think I was taking my guest around to have fun and to get better aquainted with Japan. It could work, at least for a while.

  I grabbed my blankets--which are soiled with my puke--and crumpled them into a ball. I looked at my bed and sigh. I felt the queezy feeling in my stomach return, and I ran for it. I suddenly felt clammy and feverish; It was worse than I had realized.

  When I was sure there was nothing else to heave out, I washed my face and brushed my teeth again. I quickly headed to my dresser and pulled out some gray sweats, removing my shirt and pants as I went. My eyesight grew dimmer and I began feeling light headed as I puled on my sweats, struggling to do so. I stumbled around my room to find the door

  "Alice," I called out weakly. I open her door and walk inside. "Alice!"

  "Yamaa?" everything went dark.

 

  "N..." I cracked open my eyes.

  "Yeah," Alice's voice was coming from somewhere above me. "It's fine. I'll take care of him... no problem at all... douitashimae. Bye."

  "Alice?" she glanced down at me, blushing slightly. "What time is it?"

  "It's 7 in the morning," she touched my forehead with one hand and her own with her other, "You still have a slight fever."

  "And what about my schedule?" I tried to sit up, but still felt dizzy and clammy.

  "Canceled," she sat on the edge of the bed, her eyes filled with worry. "It seems the food poisoning was worse than you thought."

  "I can't cancel!" I protested but I knew I was stuck at home. "Why did I have to get sick?"

  "Who knows?" she smiled and placed a wet towel on my forehead, "You're very busy. Maybe it was so you could give yourself a break."

  "What about your sister and her friend?" I looked away, remembering what I had seen the day before. "And the rest of them..."

  "They left," she sighed. "Onew forgot to tell their manager and they got in trouble. That's why I came back so late."

  "Oh," I hid my relief at the news. "About ealier..."

  "I'm going to make you some soup!" she jumped ups but I grabbed her wrist before she could get away.

  "Alice," I siad with a firm tone. "I overhead your conversation that night at the hotel."

  "Na-nani?" she looks at me, confused. "What are you talking about?"

  "In Kyoto," she froze, "You talked to Adriel and you sang... one of my songs."

  "You heard?" her eyes widen. "H-how?"

  "My room was right above yours," I released of her wrist. "I just wanted to see if you really have feelings for me. Sorry for using such tactics."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  Alice couldn't believe what he'd said. She was making breakfast for the two while he showered. She wondered what was going to happen next and Yamaa tried figuring out how to go about asking her to be his girlfriend. Knowing her, he knew, she would say no, even if he and Maki weren't actually dating. Alice was actually thinking about such things as well as she cooked. After what he'd said, about him dating Maki for appearances, would she be willing to date him in secret if he asked?

  "Alice?" Yamaa came out in a fresh pair of pants, no shirt and a towel on his head as he dried his hair. Alice blinked a few times and couldn't hep but run her eyes over his muscled body. Realizing what she was doing, she looked away. "What are we going to do? "

  "First, we're going to eat..."

  "Alice."

  "Get you a shirt too..."

  "Alice."

  "Get you well..."

  "Alice!" Yamaa finally snapped.

  Alice's head jerked up, her face flushed. "G-gomen?"

  "That's not what I mean," he sat on a stool and watched her reaction.

  "I-I know!" she turned and grabbed two bowls.

  "The truth is..." he bit his lip and waited for her to turn around. "I want you to be my girlfriend."

  She remained quiet as she placed the soup in front of him and sat on the stool next to him.

  She looked at her food, ate a bite, and swallowed slowly. He just waited in silence, knowing very well he couldn't do anything other than wait for her response. Finally she looked up at him, eyes down cast and he looked away. It's going to be a no... he thought.

  "Yes," her answer was barely audible, but he'd heard it. He looked at her in wonder and when he was about to speak she held up her hand and continued, "You have to promise to tell Maki and your fans. I don't want to cause a big scandal. And besides, if it's fake, you can end it well, right?"

  He blinked a few times. "Yes. It'll take time, but I'll get it done."

  "Arigatou," she looked to her food again. "Eat. It will help."

  "Okay," he obeyed, the flavor like heaven on his tongue.

  "Truth is..." she whispered and he watched her from the corner of his eye. "I'm scared of breaking his heart, but I love you..."

____________________________________________

They're a couple!

^^"

Oh my gosh, I know right? I FINALLY updated.

I finished it a bit back... two weeks or so?

But I was so busy, I couldn't type it.

Then I started typing it last week and I almost finished but I got kicked off the computer V.V

I was like NOOOOOO.

You must all hate me >.<

I is VERY sorry!

You forgive me, right?

And so I auditioned for this college I really want to get into.

I'm waiting for the packet now!

Wish me the best!

>.<

Anyways, I started the next chapter...

But not even close to finished.

I'm such a terrible person.

Make you wait longer again.

I LOVE YOU!

 

 

This is her coauthor~ I'm really more of an editor. I just started~ I'm Unmei's friend in real life^^

Anyway, I'm just here to fix her typos~~ Pay no attention to me~

Oh and @unmei474: eomonnie fighting~!!!